• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Better Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
This is simple thread of whom you think was a better dub writer. i didnt chose a poll cuz i want to hear your opinions.

Who is better between 4Kids or The Pokemon Company International?

Champion Jared 14

4Kids. 10 char.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
4kids. I miss the good olde days. The very first Pokemon theme song they wrote is possibly one of the most iconic things of the 1990s. More memorable than anything seasons 9-13. As for writing, probably 4kids. I love what they did with season one (again, but I am not very nostalgic) in the episode where Ash caught Bulbasaur, when he starts to worry what happened to Brock and comes up with the conclusion of a pirate ship abducted him, then Misty said "you have a pretty weird imagination" then Ash says "and then there was a storm!" lol that was funny!

I like 4kids for nostalgia and theme songs, but I like TPCI's writing. In my opinion, TPCI seems to add in more mature lines compared to 4kids.

I actually think I'll go with 4kids, but it's very close.

TehGr81

College graduate
I like 4kids for nostalgia and theme songs, but I like TPCI's writing. In my opinion, TPCI seems to add in more mature lines compared to 4kids.

I actually think I'll go with 4kids, but it's very close.
Same, but for me it's a tie for who's better overall. Lately I've been noticing some really bad puns from 4Kids that I didn't catch as a kid.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

4Kids is better for:

- Opening songs
- Quality of voice acting

TPCI is better for

- Writing of lines
- Delivery of episodes (meaning how fast its caught up in America)

For my quality of watching an anime, I need good voice acting. 4Kids is the better voices. However, I'd still want Dawn's VA in the group from 4Kids. So Veronica Taylor (Ash), Emily Jenness (Dawn) and Eric Stuart (Brock) for my main trio and we're all good. Well, and Misty, Jessie, and James. I'd say Meowth, but you know... :'(

sdp

Pokemon Master
Both dubs are not that different really.

ONLY reason I prefer the 4kids version is it has the original VAs but really the replacements are pretty decent and don't have too many complains about it.

spacialrend said:
The very first Pokemon theme song they wrote is possibly one of the most iconic things of the 1990s

Wow, one of the most iconic thingsof the 90s?
Its not even the most iconic theme song of the 90s, yeah its a very iconic theme song but not to the level you are implying it is.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
4kids has better theme songs and TCPI is better in writting. They're both good but I prefer TCPI.

No. 1 Machop Fan

4Kids. TPCI keeps making the characters say "<Pokemon>! <move> attack! Let's go!" such as "Pikachu! Thunderbolt attack! Let's go!" The repetition of the phrase "Let's go!" drives me absolutely crazy!

Brock saying "Let's go!" when calling out a Pokemon doesn't count, however, as that's his battle cry.

saar

Shiny Flygon
4kids. Especially because of the openings.

The pokemon company still have a lot to learn from 4kids.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
TPCi.This is mainly because that they do better at dubbing it faster and they might not cut out or remove a part from the episode because it`s to bad for kids.The removal of scenes from the dub was the main flaw for 4Kids.enough said.

halloweenghost

TPCI I watch the older ones and go...eeesh.. at first the new voices were weird but I'brtten used to them and perfer them now... though the opening songs were better with 4-kids

Freedom

Pokeman
4Kids
Pros:
Excellent voice acting from the main group.
Excellent and memorable openings.
Kept most of music from season 1-3.
Excellent movie dubbed scores.

Cons:
Re-cycled to death female voices.
Cutting up music and replacing with bad ones.
Pointless edits such as riceballs to donuts.

PCI
Pros:
Keeps a lot of music and plays out the whole tune of dubbed ones.
Doesn't make pointless edits.
More variety of voices for guest characters.

Cons:
Bad voice acting.
Very bad openings and songs especially the BF Pokerap thing and the Mirage opening. Sounded like someone was wailing. Has improved a bit since BD.

Overall, I choose PCI since I think the music is very important and one of the most enjoyable things about the anime. I can't really tell the difference between the writing. Ideally, I'd have PCI dub the anime and 4Kid provide the voices of the original main characters.

gymleadermya19

place: saphire city
i prefer 4kids due to the new dub voicing makes my head hurt and made me stop watching dub

Status
Not open for further replies.