• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Animé Move Catalog III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcoat

A small question for those with knowledge of the Japanese language and who've seen the 12th movie; which attack did Zero's Magnezone use when Ash & Co. first encountered him? It was some kind of beam-ish thing which Pikachu blocked. I've been trying to identify it but haven't succeeded so far.

Thanks in advance.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Well, I think Lucario's Aura Sphere and Bone Rush should be written in itallics, because it wasn't told to use them and there's no confirmation of the moves.

Dreamcoat

Well, I think Lucario's Aura Sphere and Bone Rush should be written in itallics, because it wasn't told to use them and there's no confirmation of the moves.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
James's Carnivine learns Vine Whip in the latest Japanese episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Hey Dreamcoat, thanks for all the work you've done in keeping this project going. I'm really... quite shocked that it's gotten as big as it is! Scrolling down the first page was a chore in itself... I hope that you continue to work diligently for something you find fun and exciting from now on till the end.

Dreamcoat

Hey Dreamcoat, thanks for all the work you've done in keeping this project going. I'm really... quite shocked that it's gotten as big as it is! Scrolling down the first page was a chore in itself... I hope that you continue to work diligently for something you find fun and exciting from now on till the end.
OH GOD, IT'S ALIVE! =0

You're most welcome. I appreciate hearing that, and I guarantee you that I WILL keep on going with this gem, along with all the other contributors, for as long as it's humanly possible.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Hey guys i was just wondering i was on pokemon.com a lil while ago and in the mailbag section they said pokemon are now sticking to four moves so anybody any thoughts or what not on dis???

pokefreak in qatar93

ya it's weird like the battle frontire snorlax VS hariama
snorlax used:
ice punch
headbutt
rest
body slam
hyper beam

and pikachu VS dragonite
dragonite used:
thunder
thunderbolt
slam
dragon rage
water gun
hyper beam(I think)

that's weird I've always thought 4 is the limit even in the anime
BTW this isn't a add these moves and I know game=/=anime

Last edited:

Dreamcoat

Hey guys i was just wondering i was on pokemon.com a lil while ago and in the mailbag section they said pokemon are now sticking to four moves so anybody any thoughts or what not on dis???
Link. Always link. No one will take you seriously when you just throw stuff like that out without any SOLID proof. Especially not when the "info" is supposed to come from an American site about a show made in Japan which says that they're just, supposedly, changing something they've been doing for over 10 years.

pokefreak in qatar93 said:
ya it's weird like the battle frontire snorlax VS hariama
snorlax used:
ice punch
headbutt
rest
body slam
hyper beam
and pikachu VS dragonite
dragonite used:
thunder
thunderbolt
slam
dragon rage
water gun
hyper beam(I think)
that's weird I've always thought 4 is the limit even in the anime
BTW this isn't a add these moves and I know game=/=anime
It isn't and it never has been.

BM14murph

Master Collector
yes i know they used to and i always thought they had more than 4 aswell but with that post i linked to in mind and the fact that lately all of the pokemon seem to be using four moves e.g
pikachu= volt tackle, quick attack, iron tail and thunderbolt
i think the writers are taking it into account and are using it

and don't bring up snorlax vs greta that's the only exception lately

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Agility.

He also occaisionally uses Thunder, although it's only every now and then.

The fact is, you've been proven fruitless. Also, that wouldn't have much to do with this thread, as this is to list down attack's a Pokémon has used. How does "They only use four now" affect that?

Basically, the limit to four attacks has only ever been present in the games. However, in the recent Pokémon School episodes, the rental Pokémon were taught only four to make it easier on the students. This in no way reflects the entire animé.

Another example is Turtwig/Grotle. Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, Tackle, Bite, Synthesis.

Trainers and their Pokémon just have favourite moves.

Iota

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Agility.

He also occaisionally uses Thunder, although it's only every now and then.

The fact is, you've been proven fruitless. Also, that wouldn't have much to do with this thread, as this is to list down attack's a Pokémon has used. How does "They only use four now" affect that?

Basically, the limit to four attacks has only ever been present in the games. However, in the recent Pokémon School episodes, the rental Pokémon were taught only four to make it easier on the students. This in no way reflects the entire animé.

Another example is Turtwig/Grotle. Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, Tackle, Bite, Synthesis.

Trainers and their Pokémon just have favourite moves.

Iota

Indeed, it also makes no sense for a Pokemon to forget a move it was born with or has used all its life. I.E how could a water pokemon ever forget Water gun, a Fire pokemon forget Flamethrower yet still know other flame based attacks or any pokemon forgetting how do do a tackle or scratch attack? It would make no sense.

Trainers just seem to limit the number of moves their pokemon use to make training easier. Why struggle to keep 10 moves strong and accurate when you can just focus on 4 to 5 moves and ensure they are trained to their max.

Also like Grotle, both Gliscor and Staravia both know 5 moves each. and May's Glaceon used 5 new moves on its reappearance, on top of the fact that we know it can use Dig and Shadow Ball, then Beautifly also used 5 moves in its battle. Also Byron Bastiodon only recently used 5 moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.