• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Animé Move Catalog III

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
so what move did it replace? according to the character bio, it says pikachu has thunderbolt, volt tackle, iron tail, and now electro ball. that seems like to many electric moves, specially if you take into account that zekrom may show up at any moment and shut off its electric attacks

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
so what move did it replace? according to the character bio, it says pikachu has thunderbolt, volt tackle, iron tail, and now electro ball. that seems like to many electric moves, specially if you take into account that zekrom may show up at any moment and shut off its electric attacks

Pikachu used "Thunderbolt", "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" after it learned/used "Electro Ball" and the only move which wasn't used at all in BW 20 was "Volt Tackle".

In short Pikachu didn't replace any of its move in favour of "Electro Ball". Here is the reason why,

- "Volt Tackle" is Pikachu's signature move (as well its 'Finishing Strike Move'), so it won't be dropped.

- "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" is important for it since those 2 moves are its main counter against pokemons who are immune to electric attacks.

- "Thunderbolt" was used after Pikachu used "Electro Ball" in BW 20, so that means it wasn't replaced either.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
i hope vault tackle is gone. i know the show does things that arent legit, but the shouldnt give pokemon more than 4 moves. i mean they are still trying to advertise for the games right.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
i hope vault tackle is gone. i know the show does things that arent legit, but the shouldnt give pokemon more than 4 moves. i mean they are still trying to advertise for the games right.

I have mentioned this on many threads that in the anime a pokemon can have/learn/remember more than 4 moves, but the animators only use 4 moves max per episode/battle (except few rare episodes) so as to make it easier for them to animate the show.

Dreamcoat

This discussion doesn't belong here, please take it to the episode thread. I'm going to report anyone else discussing if a PKMN has 4 moves or not as spam due to me being REALLY sick of numerous people thinking this is the thread to talk about such things.

I didn't carry on with this whole thing just so people could do that...

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This discussion doesn't belong here, please take it to the episode thread. I'm going to report anyone else discussing if a PKMN has 4 moves or not as spam due to me being REALLY sick of numerous people thinking this is the thread to talk about such things.

I didn't carry on with this whole thing just so people could do that...

If I may ask without seeming rude, what is this thread for? I don't think you can find the stuff on the main site.

Dreamcoat

If I may ask without seeming rude, what is this thread for? I don't think you can find the stuff on the main site.
I don't mind that you ask. But what I do mind is that you don't read the first post before asking:

First Post said:
The big purpose here is to list all the attacks that all the characters' PKMN have learned throughout the years as a guide for the general public. Not only can it be used as a database, but also as a place to discuss any PKMN specific attacks and how they relate in the Animé.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
continuing the not to be rude thought, we are discussing if in the anime pokemon can have more then 4 moves, that doesnt necessarily refer to a specific episode, more so the entire series. i feel that this discussion still seems to fit with the purpose.

Dreamcoat

continuing the not to be rude thought, we are discussing if in the anime pokemon can have more then 4 moves, that doesnt necessarily refer to a specific episode, more so the entire series. i feel that this discussion still seems to fit with the purpose.
There's a lot of ways to be rude, one can be to not taking no for an answer. But to end this, I'll answer you.

You may feel so, but none of the regular people discuss this, and up until recently it had never been discussed in all the years this thread has been around. The purpose has always been, and will always be, what I wrote in the post above yours. Discussing if something can have a certain number of attacks relate in NO WAY to specific attacks and if they look alike or not.

End of discussion, take it to the episode threads if you want to talk about it. It's my thread and I've been with it for several years, logically I know what belongs in it and what doesn't.

SHOULD you, for some reason, feel like saying anything further regarding this matter, send me a PM. Any other posts regarding this matter by anyone after this one will be reported as spam.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
From BW 22,

Trip:

Lampent

- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Castelia Nurse Joy:

Audino

- Heal Pulse (most likely)

Ash:

Pidove -> Tranquill

Last edited:

Dreamcoat

I wonder if you have read correctly what I said...
TRIP's Tranquill... not ASH's...

I'm so sorry, my apologies.

I saw that Ash's Pidove evolved, and immediately afterwards read you saying that Tranquill used Air Cutter, and my thoughts went to Ash's XD

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Burgh's Dwebble

X-Scissor, I missed the other one.

I can watch the episodes now, thanks so much Lucario At Service.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
From BW 26 (streaming was really bad):

James: Yamask

Ash:

Sewaddle -> Swadloon

- Energy Ball

Burgh:

Dwebble

- Dig
- X-Scissor
- Protect