• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Animé Move Catalog III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcoat

From today's episode:

Ursula/Urara
Gabite
- Iron Tail (The same Iron Tail almost all Pokés use)
- Sand Tomb (Urara ordered "sunajigoku", used to stop Jigglypuff)

Jigglypuff
- Rollout (Urara ordered "korogaru", Gabite juggles Jigglypuff)
- Hyper Voice (Used to destroy Stone Edge)
- Gyro Ball (Glowing hands, last move of Jigglypuff)
Thank you.
As for Plusle and Minun, I only heard that Urara ordered them to "jump" but nothing else. Guess that has to be 100%-confirmed by someone else, sorry ^^;
No biggie, nothing will be added yet. Both of them appears in the next episode.

JD

Ursula(Urara)
Plusle and Minun ( Prasle and Minun)
Helping Hand ( Tedasuke)
Charge ( Juden)
Discharge ( Hoden)
Charge Beam ( Charge Beam)
Spark ( Spark)
Encore ( Ankoru)

Dreamcoat

momoswine use powersnow on cynaquil to use fireice
THE FIRST PAGE! said:
• Any new characters/moves MUST be supported by proper proof. Simply stating that a certain PKMN used a certain move in a certain episode is under no circumstances acceptable. Doing it will result in the post being reported to the moderators.
That's great kid, you broke the 2nd rule ;)

Consider yourself reported ASAP.

Mudkip43's moves have been added.

INFERNAPE HAS BEEN ADDED, NO FURTHER NEED TO DISCUSS IT.

Last edited:

Ludi-Kero!

Hugging 'til the end
Something has been tormenting my mind since last week. These are the listed Urara's Plusle & Minun moves:

- Charge
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Encore
- Helping Hand
- Spark

However, I watched the episode like 3 times already (ha, I really like it!) and I can't hear "Houden" (Disharge) or "Juuden" (Charge). It seems I'm not the only one:

T_Kiss said:
Since I translate the whole 30 minutes dialogue-by-dialogue, and I only skipped those unimportant sentences, there shouldn't be any missing. What is more, I did not recall hearing the words "Houden" (Discharge) and "Juden" (Charge). If I really missed, then please correct it for me at the right places.

He posted a summary and listed attacks and everything and like the above quote says, he didn't hear the moves "Charge" or "Discharge".

So, is there some kind of exact "times" we must watch to hear those moves or they weren't mentioned in the first place? Sorry if I'm bringing trouble to the table ^^;

JD

Something has been tormenting my mind since last week. These are the listed Urara's Plusle & Minun moves:

However, I watched the episode like 3 times already (ha, I really like it!) and I can't hear "Houden" (Disharge) or "Juuden" (Charge). It seems I'm not the only one:

He posted a summary and listed attacks and everything and like the above quote says, he didn't hear the moves "Charge" or "Discharge".

So, is there some kind of exact "times" we must watch to hear those moves or they weren't mentioned in the first place? Sorry if I'm bringing trouble to the table ^^;

Hmm, I could've swore Ursula ordered Charge(Houden) once before she ordered her Rodents to Use Spark. I'll rewatch the episode again just to make sure

Pokemon DP 163

Barry's Empoleon
Metal Claw ( Metal Claw)

Dreamcoat

Hmm, I could've swore Ursula ordered Charge(Houden) once before she ordered her Rodents to Use Spark. I'll rewatch the episode again just to make sure

Pokemon DP 163

Barry's Empoleon
Metal Claw (Metal Claw)
And Discharge?

Frack it, they're gone. I'll need something better than someone saying they've been used and the japanese word before they go back up.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
This may be of complete uniterest to you guys but i think it's worth having a 3rd voice

I just re-watched DP161 and DP162 and i definitely did not hear urusla command either discharge (houden) nor charge(juuden) when she commanded hthe two mice to attack.

I specifically listened to evrything she ordered and didn't hear her make the order

However in DP161 (i admit this could be very wrong) when The mice make dawns hair stand on edge i could swear i hear her say juuden(charge). The move has the twqo mice have glwing hands and then slight static around them??

I think i heard her say it twice actually. The other time when she introduced plusle and minun she said what sounded like juuden just as they did the move again

Hope it helps and apologies if it isn't.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
I'm not sure but it looks like Piplup learns a new move in 164 when fighting Rhyperior.

Dreamcoat

I'm not sure but it looks like Piplup learns a new move in 164 when fighting Rhyperior.
FIRST PAGE!!! said:
• Bulbapedia and previews are not, under any circumstances, accepted as proof regarding new moves.
That's great kid, you broke the 2nd rule. They ARE there for a reason.

Reported.

FYI, please don't apologise or anything along those lines. You've been here for more than 3 years, so you've had plenty of time to learn about threads and their individual rules.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
Wow, someone's drunk with power. For the record, it never says anything about not being allowed to post something from a preview. I was curious and wanted to see what you guys thought the move was, isn't that was this thread is about?

Torpoleon

Wow, someone's drunk with power. For the record, it never says anything about not being allowed to post something from a preview. I was curious and wanted to see what you guys thought the move was, isn't that was this thread is about?
Well I believe that you post new moves for character's Pokemon with solid news, particularly hearign the Japanese name of the move in the Japanese airing. Previews are not a good source of confirmation for a Pokemon's moves because previews are narrated by some character's and I believe that they didn't specifically state what move Piplup was using. You are going to have to wait for the Japanese airing in a week when you hear the Japanese name of the move.

Sorry if you didn't want me to handle this, Dreamcoat. I just wanted to explain the rules and I fell confident that I am right. If I am not, do not hesitate to tell me.

JD

;412;
And Discharge?

Frack it, they're gone. I'll need something better than someone saying they've been used and the japanese word before they go back up.

No I didn't really hear if she said Discharge clearly I guess you could just take it off the list for know.

JD

;412;
And Discharge?

No I didn't really hear if she said Discharge clearly I guess you could just take it off the list for know.

Dreamcoat

Well I believe that you post new moves for character's Pokemon with solid news, particularly hearign the Japanese name of the move in the Japanese airing. Previews are not a good source of confirmation for a Pokemon's moves because previews are narrated by some character's and I believe that they didn't specifically state what move Piplup was using. You are going to have to wait for the Japanese airing in a week when you hear the Japanese name of the move.

Sorry if you didn't want me to handle this, Dreamcoat. I just wanted to explain the rules and I fell confident that I am right. If I am not, do not hesitate to tell me.
Oh no, please don't be sorry. I'm always happy to see someone else helping people understand everything.

pokemonster2191 said:
Wow, someone's drunk with power.
lol, which power?

Ahahaha. No.

Someone's just been around long enough to know just how careless some people can be without being told how they can and can't act in a thread. ;)

pokemonster2191 said:
I was curious and wanted to see what you guys thought the move was, isn't that was this thread is about?
No.

The purpose of this thread never has been, and never will be, about speculating. It's always been about adding moves and building a database.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I haven't been on this Thread much, only a few times, but Are the Rival's Pokemon's Move's counted here as well??? If so, then Barry's Empoleon knows Metal Claw from DP163.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
lol, which power?

Ahahaha. No.

Someone's just been around long enough to know just how careless some people can be without being told how they can and can't act in a thread. ;)
Yes because carelessness and misbehavior are definitely exampled in my post. I'm sorry my mentioning an attack from a preview (which isn't really against the rules, they just say the previews are not a definite source of proof) made you worked up enough to report me. And yes, reporting me for something that trivial, just because you can and have nothing else to do, is a perfect example of how you are drunk with the very small amount of power you have been given as owner of this thread. I'm sure there are others who have been hostilely attacked by you who will agree with me. (I'm not asking any of you to, you might be reported)

No.

The purpose of this thread never has been, and never will be, about speculating. It's always been about adding moves and building a database.

Wow, you must go to bed every night thinking you've made a difference. I'm sorry I obstructed this goal by posting something about a preview. I can't believe I almost endangered the noble purpose of this thread. Again, so so sorry.

However in DP161 (i admit this could be very wrong) when The mice make dawns hair stand on edge i could swear i hear her say juuden(charge). The move has the twqo mice have glwing hands and then slight static around them??

I think i heard her say it twice actually. The other time when she introduced plusle and minun she said what sounded like juuden just as they did the move again

Hope it helps and apologies if it isn't.
I just watched that part like three times, she definitely says "juuden" everytime they do that. Maybe its just implied in the next two episodes, because why would she say charge to plusle and minun if they werent going to use a different attack? I definitely agree with you, she says it in 161.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Break it up, children! Civility is a virtue! (this means YOU, Dreamcoat and pokemonster2191)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I got an idea. Why shouldn't there be a separate section for each Pokemon stating attacks that were only ordered/used in the dub, and clearly stated as such? Like, for instance, Whirlwind was dub-only for Bulbasaur, I believe? That could be noted under Ash's Bulbasaur. This would actually be good for stopping people from asking why a Pokemon doesn't have a move listed that it seemed to use in the dub.

Also, someone on Bulbapedia put that Jessie's Seviper used Rapid Spin. Now, before you report me for not reading the rules, I assure you, I did read the rules. I am not in any way trying to pass off stuff I got off Bulbapedia as fact. I am merely asking if this really happened. I figured that this was the best place to ask such a question, as almost everyone who has the required knoweledge of Japanese and the access to the original frequently posts here, not to mention that if it turns out that Seviper DOES know Rapid Spin, it'd get posted here anyway. And yes, I am fully aware that Seviper can't actually learn Rapid Spin, but such limitations have rarely stopped the writers in the past.

Dreamcoat

I got an idea. Why shouldn't there be a separate section for each Pokemon stating attacks that were only ordered/used in the dub, and clearly stated as such? Like, for instance, Whirlwind was dub-only for Bulbasaur, I believe? That could be noted under Ash's Bulbasaur. This would actually be good for stopping people from asking why a Pokemon doesn't have a move listed that it seemed to use in the dub.
Thanks for the idea, but I'm going to have to decline for two reasons:

1. Space. There is a limit to how many characters a post can have and adding a whole new section for what could turn out to be several PKMN, would put a serious strain on what I'm able to add.
2. People jumping to a conclusion. The fact is, Bulbasaur wasn't ordered to use any of its famous dub-only attacks. For example, people though that it used Whirlwind simply because it opened its mouth and blew, just like any of the other 535324345343 PKMN with a mouth can do. Also, it was automatically assumed that it used Dig simply because it used its feet to dig in some loose soil.

Also, someone on Bulbapedia put that Jessie's Seviper used Rapid Spin. Now, before you report me for not reading the rules, I assure you, I did read the rules. I am not in any way trying to pass off stuff I got off Bulbapedia as fact. I am merely asking if this really happened. I figured that this was the best place to ask such a question, as almost everyone who has the required knoweledge of Japanese and the access to the original frequently posts here, not to mention that if it turns out that Seviper DOES know Rapid Spin, it'd get posted here anyway. And yes, I am fully aware that Seviper can't actually learn Rapid Spin, but such limitations have rarely stopped the writers in the past.
It didn't.

Besides the fact that I'm sure that somebody would have noticed it, I took a look at the episode myself and were unable to hear kousokusupin (Rapid Spin) being any of the two words Jessie said just before Seviper started spinning.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Correct, Seviper simply started spinning, rather than using Rapid Spin.

Iota

Status
Not open for further replies.