• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Animé Move Catalog III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Flare Blitz - furea doraibu - Ordered when Buizel uses aqua jet for the first time. Basically like a flame wheel but the whole body is shown in flames and Infernape is propelled towards opponent.
I always imagined Flare Blitz having more agresive flames like the flames on Typhlosion's back but who knows...maybe the animation on this move will improve,heck...they changed Honchkrow's Night Slash

firepokemontrainer

I just recently saw the episode on youtube and I can confirm all of the above attacks as valid. In addition, I have some moves to add for Volkner's Raichu.

Raichu
Iron Tail-used in a flashback, had the same animation as Ash's Pikachu.
Volt Tackle-also in a flashback, same animation as Ash's Pikachu.
Thunderbolt-again, same move as Ash's Pikachu.

I recognized the attacks as being the same that Satoshi says in Japanese, I just don't know how to actually type them they way they would say it.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Okey Dokey todays episodes updated attack list is....drumroll please

Volkner:

Luxray:
Spark - hibana - ordered by Volkner at the very start of the episode during the gym battle after grotle attacks - is charged entirely in blue electricity and then electrically tackles opponent in a ball of blue :D

Thunderbolt - Not ordered but when Pikachu and Raichu are using their thunderbolts to charge the machine Luxray is using the exact same move in the exact same colour of electricity (yellow)

Ash:

Torterra(evolves in episode):

Leaf Storm - rīfu sutōmu - Used just when he evolves stated by either Volkner/Ash and then ordered to use by Ash later on in the episode

On a side note for Luxray, Bulbapedia is stating he used Discharge but i did not see it being used or hear it being ordered so someon might want to check that ;)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Okey Dokey todays episodes updated attack list is....drumroll please

Volkner:

Luxray:
Spark - hibana - ordered by Volkner at the very start of the episode during the gym battle after grotle attacks - is charged entirely in blue electricity and then electrically tackles opponent in a ball of blue :D

Thunderbolt - Not ordered but when Pikachu and Raichu are using their thunderbolts to charge the machine Luxray is using the exact same move in the exact same colour of electricity (yellow)

Ash:

Torterra(evolves in episode):

Leaf Storm - rīfu sutōmu - Used just when he evolves stated by either Volkner/Ash and then ordered to use by Ash later on in the episode

On a side note for Luxray, Bulbapedia is stating he used Discharge but i did not see it being used or hear it being ordered so someon might want to check that ;)

If memory serves, someone just stated that Luxray had Discharge based solely on the preview.

Dreamcoat

To avoid any kind of confusion what so ever, since there is so much doubt about the Luxray's move, nothing will be added to Volkner.

Torterra and Leaf Storm, however, have been added.

Last edited:

talala

Michiru

Murkrow:
- Peck

dub name is mitchel, and one of its attacks is confuse ray (the girl with the misdreavus told ash & co. the giratina illusion was caused by her brother's murkrow's confuse ray)

Dreamcoat

dub name is mitchel, and one of its attacks is confuse ray (the girl with the misdreavus told ash & co. the giratina illusion was caused by her brother's murkrow's confuse ray)
I saw that episode too, I just haven't had the time to update with the name yet.

Confuse Ray, however, seems like an unlikely attack to add. Besides the fact that I can't remember it ever just being someone looking harshly at someone else, the dub HAS been known to mess up when it comes to attacks.

dman_dustin

Confuse Ray, however, seems like an unlikely attack to add. Besides the fact that I can't remember it ever just being someone looking harshly at someone else, the dub HAS been known to mess up when it comes to attacks.

If I remember correctly the sub called it "Confuse Ray" as well, and it wasn't simply looking harshly at someone but the fact that Ash and co imagined Giratina, and almost drowning, before Rhyanna snapped them out of it.

Although I wouldn't add it because the move was really never shown just the effect of Confuse Ray was shown.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
If I remember correctly the sub called it "Confuse Ray" as well, and it wasn't simply looking harshly at someone but the fact that Ash and co imagined Giratina, and almost drowning, before Rhyanna snapped them out of it.

Although I wouldn't add it because the move was really never shown just the effect of Confuse Ray was shown.

Well, Paul's Magmar's Will-o-wisp was only mentioned, not shown, and it went on the list. Hence forth, Mitchel's Murkrow's Confuse Ray should be added.

Dreamcoat

Well, Paul's Magmar's Will-o-wisp was only mentioned, not shown, and it went on the list. Hence forth, Mitchel's Murkrow's Confuse Ray should be added.
Take it easy, pal. Besides the fact that Will-O-Wisp was a VERY different situation with VERY circumstances, I never said that I WOULD NOT add Confuse Ray, I simply said that it seemed highly unlikely.

Now that someone has come forth with a bit more proof, it qualifies for being added in Italic.

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Sorry if I was seeming pushy. I was just backing up talala.

And yes, I realize that Magmar is a completely different situation than Murkrow. I just couldn't come up with a better example. :p

Last edited:

Dreamcoat

Sorry if I was seeming pushy. I was just backing up talala.
Good to hear ;)

I never really declined adding it, I just said that it seemed highly unlikely. Heck, I saw the episode myself and know everything about it.

The thing is, even though attack animation has been altered before, it has never been this drastic.

Bah, main post's been updated.

The Black Ninja

since it hasent been added

Marley her game name . don't remamber the japanese name

Arcanine flamethrower used to send team rocked awey, to save shaymin

Dreamcoat

since it hasent been added

Marley her game name . don't remamber the japanese name

Arcanine flamethrower used to send team rocked awey, to save shaymin
There's never been any reason what so ever for me to have the Japanese name for a character with an English name.

Can anyone else support this attack information?

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
There's never been any reason what so ever for me to have the Japanese name for a character with an English name.

Can anyone else support this attack information?

Yep i can confirm that move

Marley ordered - kaen hōsha (flamethrower of course) - when TR first attacked(suppose dat's right terminology lol) her to escape TR

Dreamcoat

Marley's been added.

EDIT @ 1. April: Dawn's Togekiss & Bertha have been added.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Update: DP173 -

Makina:

Ditto (Ichigo) - Transform (surprise surprise) - Henkan
Shiny Dittio - (Nigo) - Transform - Again known as Henkan

Both ordered to transofrm into various Pokemon throughout the whole episode :)

Dreamcoat

Update: DP173 -

Makina:

Ditto (Ichigo) - Transform (surprise surprise) - Henkan
Shiny Dittio - (Nigo) - Transform - Again known as Henkan

Both ordered to transofrm into various Pokemon throughout the whole episode :)

Look at the main post before posting, please.

I added her TWO days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.