• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Animé Move Catalog III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

It was not Volt, switch, in the preview it used a yellow glowing ball, which was Volt Switch and a green ball that could be a different coloured Electro Ball.

So for this episode, Electro Ball, Discharge and Attract.

Except Iris named the attack and she didn't say "elecball" the Japanese name for "Electro Ball" I don't want to presumptuous until someone tells me the Japanese for "Volt Switch" but I heard Iris say "Volt Switch/Change" And when she said it as Emolga did it, it looked exactly like the one in the preview. A small ball with electricity crackling all over it.

fukamaru

From preview, seems two different moves to me. So i think Emolga knows Electro Ball and Volt Switch.
97396a09.bmp

dman_dustin

From preview, seems two different moves to me. So i think Emolga knows Electro Ball and Volt Switch.
97396a09.bmp

You have a point, but why would either attack look drastically different than Pikachu's Electro ball, if at least one of them is Electro Ball.

I can't help but think, that the green ball is merely the final product before being launched while the yellow crackling ball is merely the beginning of Emolga creating it but they're likely two different attacks.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Then explain what the yellow ball in the preview was, that sent it flying away? The looks and way Pokemon use moves, vary usually anyway.

fukamaru

can't help but think, that the green ball is merely the final product before being launched while the yellow crackling ball is merely the beginning of Emolga creating it.
Look at the preview (Minccino & Emolga battle) Emolga attacked Minccino without using green light. But on the last minutes Emolga attacked Snivy with green ball and small stars while having green light.
First used moves was Electro ball (against Minccino) and last used was Volt Switch.

Dreamcoat

The thing is, if we look at all the moves Emolga can learn the only ones even slightly ball looking are Electro Ball and Volt Switch.

Thanks to the preview, we can all see how Volt Switch looks. Iit may work differently when there's no one else to switch with, but the look should logically stay the same.

The only remaining thing that attack could be is therefore Electro Ball.

Then explain what the yellow ball in the preview was, that sent it flying away? The looks and way Pokemon use moves, vary usually anyway.
ASAP, Volt Switch.

EDIT: Am I the only one who saw Minccino use what looked like Iron Tail?

Last edited:

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Hidden Power? It's probably not, but it'd be more interesting than Electro Ball :p

Edit: Actually, having seen the preview again - if the yellow ball move is Volt Switch, then I'm more inclined to think the green ball might actually be Hidden Power. It has a similar animation to in the games.

Last edited:

fukamaru

It was not Volt, switch, in the preview it used a yellow glowing ball, which was Volt Switch and a green ball that could be a different coloured Electro Ball.
Ok, i agree. That's my mistake. Yellow ball is Volt Switch and green ball is Electro ball.

EDIT: Am I the only one who saw Minccino use what looked like Iron Tail?
That's was Double Slap

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
With its tail?

Didn't it use its arms/paws/claws/whatever the last time, or am I mistaken?

Yep, it uses it's tail to use Double Slap before. It's alright, we all make mistakes. :D

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
According to her Bulbapedia page, Emolga used Attract, Hidden Power, and Discharge in BW027, as we (well, some of us) thought. Bulbapedia can be wrong, but editing is locked at the moment, so its less likely that some randomer just edited it without actually knowing what Emolga used.

Dreamcoat

According to her Bulbapedia page, Emolga used Attract, Hidden Power, and Discharge in BW027, as we (well, some of us) thought. Bulbapedia can be wrong, but editing is locked at the moment, so its less likely that some randomer just edited it without actually knowing what Emolga used.
And it could just as well have been some random moderator who doesn't know a single Japanese word.

Besides, I've never ever seen Hidden Power look like that. The only apparent reason as to why people suggested it seems to be that it fired more than 1 orb at a time. Something other PKMN has been able to do with attacks that are not Hidden Power.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
And it could just as well have been some random moderator who doesn't know a single Japanese word.

Besides, I've never ever seen Hidden Power look like that. The only apparent reason as to why people suggested it seems to be that it fired more than 1 orb at a time. Something other PKMN has been able to do with attacks that are not Hidden Power.
Of course, that's why I said that it wasn't confirmed. But we haven't seen Hidden Power at all this series so far, and we know that the animations for a lot of moves have changed. The animation used is even quite similar to that of in-game Hidden Power. It seems pretty likely that it is Hidden Power.

dman_dustin

Besides, I've never ever seen Hidden Power look like that.
Well this is best wishes, and the animation for attacks have been altered. Such as Pikachu's iron tail looking like an iron tail. And hyper beam instead of looking like a yellowish orange beam is white flashy beam with a red streak down the middle.

The only apparent reason as to why people suggested it seems to be that it fired more than 1 orb at a time. Something other PKMN has been able to do with attacks that are not Hidden Power.
Like Lenora's Herdier's Shadow Ball.

But still both attacks look electrical in nature (the yellow and green one). Though I still wonder why it's so drastically different that Pikachu and Galvantula's electro ball. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was hidden power.

Am I the only one who saw Minccino use what looked like Iron Tail?
That's what people thought when we saw the preview for BW013. But why would it look different than Pikachu's iron tail?

Then the episode aired and it was double slap. Besides Bianca didn't say "iron tail" at all when she ordered the attack. Besides it was attacking the Pokemon more than once.

Haru-kaa

☆Kira☆Kira☆
Finally (I re-watched the episode), Emolga knows Attract, Discharge, Volt Switch and Hidden Power.

The green ball is Hidden Power new animation

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Finally (I re-watched the episode), Emolga knows Attract, Discharge, Volt Switch and Hidden Power.

The green ball is Hidden Power new animation

Though so, the animation of Hidden power is the same thing from the games, 3 green balls flying to the oponent.

Dreamcoat

Added Iris to Emolga (with Attract, Discharge, Volt Switch and Hidden Power), and Flamethrower to Iris' Pignite. Also moved her to Recurring.

Bell56

The One and Only
Maybe Hidden Power's new animation will have the ball be the color of the type of HP it is. So Emolga would probably have HP Grass or maybe Bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.