• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Anime Move Catalog v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiUrsa

Wrong.

Cherubi didn't attack at all.

Her Turtwig just used Leech Seed and Leaf Storm, pretty sure that was it.

Her Naetle used a tackle-like attack to knock out Satoshi´s but I´m not sure which attack it was.

EDIT: after rewatching the episode, I can confirm that Natane´s Naetle used "Tai Atari" on Satoshi´s which is ( I think) Tackle.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Doesn't Totodile (Ashes) have Iron Tail?
He used it, I think, unless it's a dubbing error, against Harrison's Sneasel in: -
"Playing With Fire".

Geodude

EDIT: after rewatching the episode, I can confirm that Natane´s Naetle used "Tai Atari" on Satoshi´s which is ( I think) Tackle.
That's right.
Doesn't Totodile (Ashes) have Iron Tail?
No.
Then what attack did Piplup use in the latest contest?
Even a few minutes spent in the episode thread for either that episode or the previous one, where it actually learned the move, would've told you that it was Whirlpool. Which is rather obvious, since it, well, was a whirlpool.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Also in the new English eps its clear Starly/Staravia knows Whirlwind and not Gust.

Also, in the actual japanese episodes, Mukkubird knows and uses Gust. I know which one I'm going to believe.

Iota

V Faction

www.faction.com
*Sniff* There goes my legacy...

Oh well!

On the original Big Anime Move Catalog, it listed Ash's Bulbasaur as knowing Whirlwind (Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village), Tickle (Who gets to keep Togepi), and Dig (Bulbasaur the Ambassador). Why doesn't it here??
This topic will never, ever die. It'll be the topic that survives a nuclear holocaust and ends up taking over the globe.

As Mecha put, there's just too many (annoying) factors involved with trying to pin attacks to these circumstances -- circumstances, mind you, that were brought about by the anime's quirkiness. By the by, it hasn't lost that, has it?

crawdauntpro said:
So what attack was it? It's tail glowed.

Just did a quick episode refresher check. Totodile... bites Sneasel's claw, proceeds to pound it a bit, then nabs the win. No tail glowing in sight. Where'd you happen upon such an event?

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Just did a quick episode refresher check. Totodile... bites Sneasel's claw, proceeds to pound it a bit, then nabs the win. No tail glowing in sight. Where'd you happen upon such an event?

I could have sworn I seen it in the English version. Might have just been a random thing.

TeddiUrsa

*Sniff* There goes my legacy...

V Faction! Good to see you =) I think I´m not the only one who misses your awesome posts...the "Big MoveCatalog" will ever be your catalog in my heart.

Myzou

Ash's Butterfree has used Poisonpowder, but can't pinpoint when, but she was only around less then 20 episodes... shouldn't be hard to find ^^;
May's Beautifly never used Psychic, unless in a movie.
Jessie's Seviper used Scary Face, again, can't pinpoint a specific point, but I know people besides me have seen it =P I believe it was during a contest...
Dawn's Piplup knows BUBBLE not bubbleBEAM =P
Didn't Brock's Sudowoodo use a Fighting Type Move when it first evolved? o_O;

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Beautifly used Psychic when it was brought back with Skitty for May's last few episodes.

Piplup knows Bubblebeam, not BUBBLE. If you actually watched the japanese show, you'd know that. As stated before, Bubble is "awa", wheras the move always ordered is "baboru kousen", which is Bubblebeam.

Not sure on Butterfree or Seviper, but I'm pretty sure all Sudowoodo used after it evolved was Double-Edge and Mimic.

Iota

Myzou

Beautifly used Psychic when it was brought back with Skitty for May's last few episodes.
Piplup knows Bubblebeam, not BUBBLE. If you actually watched the japanese show, you'd know that.
Not sure on Butterfree or Seviper, but I'm pretty sure all Sudowoodo used after it evolved was Double-Edge and Mimic.

Iota

Yes, but in the english version, she clearly said BUBBLE <.<

and about psychic, do you know what episode? I have to see it =D

Also: Why isn't Ash's Haunter on there? He had it for more episodes then jessie had shellder or james had magikarp <.<

and shouldn't most of ash's pokemon get fly put there? >.>; since they all fly up in the air <.<

One more thing: Didn't the Orange Island League Drake have his gengar use shadow ball? I thought it was Shadow Ball and Ice Beam from Lapras that collided in an explosion, or was that Night Shade? The episode guide on serebii says dream eater, but lapras wasnt asleep, and that doesnt make sense, I remember shadow ball, but it may have been dream eater, either way, neither is on the list ^^;

Last edited:

Geodude

Yes, but in the english version, she clearly said BUBBLE <.<

and about psychic, do you know what episode? I have to see it =D
No, she did NOT. Listen to it again and pay attention this time. Until it recently learned Whirlpool, Piplup's Water attack has always been Bubblebeam. Beautifly used Psychic in the ep where May brought it back for the contest battle against Ash.

Don't claim to know things when you haven't even seen all the episodes and therefore obviously can't back yourself up.

I'll double-check Staravia's Gust, but I can't remember where that was first claimed. I know it was when Ash sent it out to blow away Seviper's Haze, but I can't remember which episode that was.

Gengar's attack was Night Shade, IIRC.

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Starly first used it in it's first episode.

Wasn't Beautifly and Skitty the Drew contest battle? Not Ash.

Iota

Myzou

No, she did NOT. Listen to it again and pay attention this time. Until it recently learned Whirlpool, Piplup's Water attack has always been Bubblebeam. Beautifly used Psychic in the ep where May brought it back for the contest battle against Ash.

Don't claim to know things when you haven't even seen all the episodes and therefore obviously can't back yourself up.

I'll double-check Staravia's Gust, but I can't remember where that was first claimed. I know it was when Ash sent it out to blow away Seviper's Haze, but I can't remember which episode that was.

Gengar's attack was Night Shade, IIRC.

Yea, I'm not sure about Gengar, hence why I checked, and considering if you recall correctly, you're not 100% either >.< I just remember Ice Beam colliding with something and it going boom, and the episode guide made me confused -.-

But Still Curious why ash's haunter isn't on there under ash and sabrina o_O;

and Currently looking for the episode butterfree used poison powder and seviper used scary face. :)

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Haunter was never in a Pokéball. Shellder and Magikarp were. They were officially owned by the character for even a small time.

So for the same reason, Haunter isn't on Ash's roster since it only agreed to help, not become part of his team. Although, going by those standards, Beedrill and Seaking should technically be on there too. But neither of those did anything at all. Beedrill went straight to Casey. Seaking was put back.

Shellder was a big plot point for that episode, even though it would have been a lot better if Jessie had got to keep it.

Iota

Status
Not open for further replies.