• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Anime Move Catalog v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Haunter was never in a Pokéball. Shellder and Magikarp were. They were officially owned by the character for even a small time.

So for the same reason, Haunter isn't on Ash's roster since it only agreed to help, not become part of his team. Although, going by those standards, Beedrill and Seaking should technically be on there too. But neither of those did anything at all. Beedrill went straight to Casey. Seaking was put back.

Shellder was a big plot point for that episode, even though it would have been a lot better if Jessie had got to keep it.

Iota

Granted, but at the same time, Noland has articuno there, and it even states he doesn't own it =P

And Seviper: It was Glare, not Scary Face.

Looked it up on bulbapedia, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jessie's_Seviper

It has Poison Fang and Lick listed too, Bulbapedia is 99% of the time correct, the creator should go through it... ^^; (Btw, I looked in history to make sure it wasn't just spam xD) Only problem with it is that it doesnt say when it was used >.<

EDIT: It didn't strike me as odd until right this minute... Pikachu has never used Thunderwave o_O;

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
But the difference there is that:

Yes, it states he owns it. But Articuno, whether owned or not, was a big part of Nolands team, and had a huge battle with Charizard. Therefore, it has to be entered, to not make Nolands team look empty.

Iota

Myzou

But the difference there is that:

Yes, it states he owns it. But Articuno, whether owned or not, was a big part of Nolands team, and had a huge battle with Charizard. Therefore, it has to be entered, to not make Nolands team look empty.

Iota

I give up -.- Haunter was with ash for 2 episodes, if Articuno is on there, Haunter should be, without Haunter, Ash would've never gotten Sabrina's badge. >.> It was a big part of the episode, just like as you said, Jessie's Shellder was ~.~, as I said before, I give up arguing, you guys consider certain pokemon more important then others apparently :/

Though, I am interested in why Larvitar isn't there... Yes, ash never "caught" him, but he was with ash for a very long time, and even battled for ash on multiple occasions...

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Haunter isn't important at all. If he was on there, Larvitar would have to go on there. So would Beedrill and Seaking. And how pointless would that be? Showing Pokémon the characters interacted with in a short amount of time. We know Ash only interacted with Haunter for two episodes, and only ever considered him helping him for about 3 minutes.

We also know that Articuno and Noland have known eachother for a while, and been friends. In this case, Larvitar would be on there a long time before Haunter was.

And in such an event, people would screw. Larvitar wasn't his. Haunter wasn't his. Noland technically didn't own Articuno, but it was his.

Get over it.

Iota

Myzou

Again, you guys have different ideas of what owning is. Larvitar grew to love ash, and cried when he had to depart, how is that not being ash's pokemon.

Owning a pokemon, being its friend, having it battle for you. The only thing he didn't do was catch it in a pokeball, which he would've done if he didn't have to bring it back to it's mom.

Anyways, since everything I say is wrong to you, here's proof of something.

Leave_it_to_Takeshi%21.jpg

From Bulbapedia, Sudowoodo using Take Down, it also has

* Fake Tears
* Take Down
* Faint Attack
* Double-Edge
* Flail
* Mimic
* Headbutt

You really should looka t bulbapedia -.-

EDIT: You know, I have one more thing to say, if the writers don't consider Larvitar his, Why was it present in Spurt! along with it's mother? >.> I could care less what you say. Larvitar was with Ash a while, they developed a bond, and if not for Tyranitar, you KNOW he wouldv'e caught it. Larvitar protected ash, Ash protected larvitar, they were friends, just as you said, Articuno was nolands because they had a bond, how is their's different then ash and larvitar? >.>

I swear, if Larvitar comes back in the future, I expect an apology ^.~

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I'd rather watch the japanese episodes myself to see the attacks they use, thanks, which I do.

Sudowoodo does not have Headbutt. It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

Yes, I consider that for a while Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon. But only in the same way Articuno was. How can you use this logic for Haunter? I notice you didn't mention him once in your post.

Also, where is the proof of this fighting type move you think Sudowoodo used?

Remember. The thigns you and I might think aren't the views of everyone. Yes, I think Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon, but it in no way belonged to him. That Golduck battled for and came to love Misty.

Was it hers?

Iota

Myzou

I'd rather watch the japanese episodes myself to see the attacks they use, thanks, which I do.

Sudowoodo does not have Headbutt. It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

Yes, I consider that for a while Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon. But only in the same way Articuno was. How can you use this logic for Haunter? I notice you didn't mention him once in your post.

Also, where is the proof of this fighting type move you think Sudowoodo used?

Remember. The thigns you and I might think aren't the views of everyone. Yes, I think Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon, but it in no way belonged to him. That Golduck battled for and came to love Misty.

Was it hers?

Iota

Ok, Again, your logic.

Larvitar was at one point ashes, as you said, yet it's not on the list. Primeape is, and ash had it for what? like 2 episodes? while he had larvitar for 20+? the only difference being larvitar and him were friends and wasnt caught in a pokeball.

By your logic, the times Pikachu used Agility against Lt., Surge are just Quick attack. Bulbapedia have people that speak japanese, just because it appears to be double edge, does no mean that it is.

and no, Golduck was NOT misty's, as she thought it was psyduck, if she didn't in no way would she have treated it like that, she would've wanted it, but she wouldn't have battled with it.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
How does any of this have absolutely anything to do with Pikachu's attacks? I think it might be your logic that needs fine-tuning, mate.

Who's saying I don't speak japanese? I know it was Double-Edge because I've watched the show. I've got an idea for you.

Go and watch the anime. Get your own facts, not ones from a site that is "99% of the time correct". Get your own 100% correct facts and maybe people will listen to you.

Iota

Myzou

How does any of this have absolutely anything to do with Pikachu's attacks? I think it might be your logic that needs fine-tuning, mate.

Who's saying I don't speak japanese? I know it was Double-Edge because I've watched the show. I've got an idea for you.

Go and watch the anime. Get your own facts, not ones from a site that is "99% of the time correct". Get your own 100% correct facts and maybe people will listen to you.

Iota

As you said, Get your own facts. I DO watch BOTH animes, I just don't recall NAMES, so I look them up at sites that are known to be trustworthy.

Secondly, as I said, you said: It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

They look similar, Such as Agility and quick attack. Hence my EXAMPLE, god -.-

I swear, I could say Pikachu knows Iron Tail and you'd argue against that >.>

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I would. It's blatantly Arse Whip that he's using.

Gawsh.

We're spamming up the place now. So seriously, let's both get over it.

Iota

arbokfan

100% Arbok
Look again, it's already there.

Apologies!

On the subject of which of the questionable team members count... My opinion is that Larvitar, Beedrill and Haunter count, and that Seaking definitely does not. I'm happy enough to go along with the points that have been made, in agreement with my own opinion of course, for Larvitar.

The answer to the Haunter debate is simple however; he joined Ash's team of his own volition (as did Charmander, Squirtle, Heracross, and more) and left to stay at Sabrina's with Ash's blessing. The length of the tenure here doesn't matter so much as the conditions of it.

Beedrill was a legitimate capture and was a member of Ash's team if even for a very short amount of time.

Seaking was not caught to be kept, but was merely the means by which a fishing contest was decided.

If anybody wants to disagree, then feel free, but try not to run me down if you do. It's only MY opinion after all.

Dreamcoat

Darn it, I missed the action :(

Anyway, let's get a few things straight:

1: Why Beedrill and Seaking aren't listed? Look at the title. The Big Anime MOVE Catalog. Neither of them used a move while under the control of Ash, hence they didn't make the cut.

2: Myzou. This was started a long time before you posted here, so we've had more than enough time to cover all the different Pokémon.
Oh, and guess what? We've got people who knows japanese ASWELL. So stop doubting what we're doing and accept it.

Last edited:

arbokfan

100% Arbok
1: Why Beedrill and Seaking aren't listed? Look at the title. The Big Anime MOVE Catalog. Neither of them used a move while under the control of Ash, hence they didn't make the cut.

That makes perfect sense, apologies once more! I should've thought about the title a bit more! :S That being said I can see why Beedrill and Seaking were left out, but I still think that both Larvitar and Haunter deserve to be in.

Dreamcoat

That makes perfect sense, apologies once more! I should've thought about the title a bit more! :S That being said I can see why Beedrill and Seaking were left out, but I still think that both Larvitar and Haunter deserve to be in.
He never officially caught them. Haunter followed him in order to help Ash against Sabrina. Larvitar was never inside a PokéBall, thereby it was never caught.

Myzou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCnqyywLwc

Near the end, Brock Clearly orders Zubat to use Double Team, despite it just flapping it's wings... o_O;

At least I'm not the only one ^.~ (If I remember correctly, Noland didn't have articuno in a pokeball, dream, yet he's on nolands list, as I said before, Larvitar had just as close of a relationship to ash as articuno to noland =P)

Last edited:

Dreamcoat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCnqyywLwc

Near the end, Brock Clearly orders Zubat to use Double Team, despite it just flapping it's wings... o_O;

At least I'm not the only one ^.~ (If I remember correctly, Noland didn't have articuno in a pokeball, dream, yet he's on nolands list, as I said before, Larvitar had just as close of a relationship to ash as articuno to noland =P)
Instead of making yourself look more dumb than you obviously already are (is that even possible?), I advise you to read my post DIRECTLY below his concerning Larvitar and Haunter.

Myzou

Instead of making yourself look more dumb than you obviously already are (is that even possible?), I advise you to read my post DIRECTLY below his concerning Larvitar and Haunter.

I Know that, I was just stating he wasn't the only one who felt that way... Believe it or not, I am allowed to express my views :/ -.-

And btw, I suggest you view the clip, as Double Team was used by Zubat in the episode brock first caught him -.-

DANdotW

Previously Iota
No it damn wasn't. Outside there were numerous Zubat.

Inside, Zubat flapped it's wings fast. I haven't watched the japanese version of this, so I'm not sure, but could someone who has watched the JAPANESE episode tell us if it was Double Team in that?

Sometimes, Myzou, it's best not to listen to anything the dub says.

Cheryl's Mothim also knows Supersonic. Effective, Vespiquen episode.

Iota

Dreamcoat

I Know that, I was just stating he wasn't the only one who felt that way... Believe it or not, I am allowed to express my views :/ -.-

There's a difference between expressing your views and not accepting what everyone else is saying. Normally people would understand the meaning of that without explanation, but in your case I'll make an exception ;)

Expressing ones views is saying something, and stopping at that. YOU do not express your views AT ALL. You keep on saying the same dumb things without any proofs WHATSOEVER, not accepting that there are people who knows more about the subject(s) than you. And you seriously need to stop that.

Iota said:
Cheryl's Mothim also knows Supersonic. Effective, Vespiquen episode.
Added.

EDIT: I've decided to gradually start upgrading the list with the minor characters (only those whom has appeared for more than a couple of seconds and had a 'significant' part in the episode), as it was originally intended. Just wanted to let you know ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.