• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Big Project: Speculation and Rumours!

XD375

Shane
Serebii said:
I apologise for the lack of substantial updates, got a big assignment due. However, I am also working on one of the biggest projects to ever grace a Pokémon site. What is it? I cannot say, but you will find out in the coming months

Joe says he's working on one of the biggest projects to ever grace a Pokémon website.

What do you think this is? Another variation of the PokéDex? A Wi-Fi League? Will it boost SPP's popularity?

It could be anything, and this is the thread for discussing it.

A Wi-Fi League seems unprobable, because he made it sound like something new, and I know for sure the first Wi-Fi League, my own, was released as part of my old site in 2006, although I still have the league open.

Although, if you think about it, the project should be done around April, so that kinda brings up the possiblity.

The project will have a codename, and it will have something to do with Dr. Who, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to this, as the anticipation has already made me think for the last day!

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Its "The Oncoming Storm."

Sometime before "Glowing Moon" was unveiled, Joe brought up the Oncoming Storm but a few months later, it was seemingly blown off. It appears that Joe is likely restarting it because it was too big a project to cancel.

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
What were projects "Oncoming Storm" and "Glowing Moon"?

PokemonMan66

Musical Insomnia
An online battle simulator would be really cool

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
well...i never really understood what the porjects do and mean...so...i really don't know what he would be thinking of. the possibilities of a Online Simulator are LOW...it just doesn't seem to fit this site/forum...new Pokedex might be a bit better of a guess, but the current one is good enough...so...
who knows what Serebii/Joe is thinking of...

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
^are you sure because pokemonol.net has an online battle simulator and they contacted nintendo and they were told as long as it was non-profit they were allowed

K-os

Bullet Punch
Well, it has to do with pokemon... Perhaps an interview with the creators of pokemon...?

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
Well, maybe we could go around and see what the other Pokemon sites don't have, and thus, we may be able to deduce what it is. :D

Haha, deduce. It got me thinking...

Watson: Aha! I see it now!
Holmes: What is it dear Watson?
Watson: I know what Serebii's big project is! It's quite simple, really. I don't see why I never got it before!
Holmes: Spit it out boy!
Watson: Well, he's going to-*shot*
Holmes: Crumbs. Now we'll never know what it is.

*cough* I must stop with the spamming...

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
I think it's just a pokedex upgrade, maybe he'll make it interactive or something like that.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
;476; I know!
What?
;476; It's an online magnet!
Seriuosly, how retarded can you get?
;476; Thank you.
A pokedex upgrade would be somewhat boring.
Maybe it's a sprite resource, so people don't have to go to PE2K to get sprites.

Meguel13

Maybe its...

S.U.P.D
Seribii.Ultimate.Pokemon.Dictionary
Includes
;155; Spellings Of Pokemon
;155; Ultimate Image Collection
;155; Movesets
;155; Battle Simulator
;155; And Maybe More!

Or maybe we should...stop with the useless smilies!

But really Joe, what exactly is the name of this project? Is it oncoming storm or another project with a different name? And will you be giving hints as to what it is as time goes by?

~fuzzy out~

Metagross

I'm not expecting anything special at all, Joe is just trying to get everyone excited, nothing special is going to take place. You can bet your house on it. Joe cares more about the rules than fans of his site.

Cipher 2008

I'm not expecting anything special at all, Joe is just trying to get everyone excited, nothing special is going to take place. You can bet your house on it. Joe cares more about the rules than fans of his site.

I remember Joe saying this was one of his university assignments. So no, of course it isn't going to be anything big. *sigh*