• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Birthday Present (One-Shot Contestshippy)

Yes, I know, last names are a little made up, but who cares? Here's my one-shot, hope you like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Birthday Present (One-Shot)

If only I could tell him how I feel. If only, if only. May Maple sat on a tree branch in a tree outside of Littleroot town, staring down at the ground. She noticed a head of messy green hair below her, sitting silently, waiting.

***​

“God, where is she?” The green haired trainer murmured. He went by Drew Newton, and was a master Coordinator. No one could best him. Except May. Gorgeous, thoughtful May. Her brown hair looked so soft, her blue eyes sometimes pierced him like ice.

“Damn, where is she? I’ve been looking all day and still haven’t seen her!” He muttered yet again, and a soft, accented voice above him said, “Where’s who?”

Drew glanced up. May. “Uh, heh, hey May!” He said nervously, running a hand through his floppy green hair, “Fancy seeing you here!”

“Yeah... Why are you here, so close to my hometown, and who are you looking for?” May asked, amusement in her sapphire blue eyes.

Fear flecked Drew’s emerald eyes, then he said, “No one in particular. And I didn’t know you lived in Littleroot.” Actually, Drew did know May lived in Littleroot, why else would he be hanging out in that boring town?

May, still looking amused, asked, “Perhaps you were looking for me?”

Drew jumped. “You? Never! Why would I be looking for you? Heh, bye!” He said quickly, and bolted, hand going to his belt for a Pokeball.

“DAMN IT, DREW, GET BACK HERE!!!” May yelled, startling Drew so bad he fell over. A foot came down on his back, pinning him.

“Now, tell me who you were looking for and you won’t get hurt.” May said cheerfully.

“You.” Drew said inaudibly.

“What was that again?” May asked. She didn’t think she wanted to hear the answer.

“FINE, GOD DAMN IT, I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU!” Drew yelled, his voice echoing off the trees, like a supersonic fired from a Zubat heading back.

May’s smile faded, shock spreading across her already confused face.

“M- me?” She murmured, and the reply was, “Yes, you, dummy! Why else would I be at the boring town of Littleroot on your birthday?!”

“Oh. I forgot today was my birthday.” May muttered, blushing a deep red.

“Well, happy birthday.” Drew said, leaning towards her. May’s eyes widened, but she leaned back in towards him, and their lips met halfway.

“Happy birthday, May Maple.” Drew murmured, pulling away. And he ran into the fading light of the sun, leaving May standing where he’d left her, fingers to her tingling lips.

“Yeah... See ya later, Drew.” May murmured back, turning and walking home, the memory of Drew’s kiss still in her head, “It was a happy birthday all right...”
~~~~~~~~
Hmmm.... a very short one shot... I'll try to lengthen it, (hey, it was 2 pages on my word processor!)
~Kitteh ;258;

Stephy

candies!!!11
It's...sweet! But...why didn't they kiss? -_-
Anyway...sweet story! But still...I'm still broading over the fact they didn't kiss...

May_Beautifly said:
It's...sweet! But...why didn't they kiss? -_-
Anyway...sweet story! But still...I'm still broading over the fact they didn't kiss...

Hello! Did you read the part where it said, "Their lips met halfway."????? lol. But did you see that part? o_O

Stephy

candies!!!11
They did? I thought 'lips met halfway' meant that they almost kissed, but Drew pulled away. So...Yay! They did! And don't ask me how I got to use the computer...my mom let me...I have no idea 0_o Well...maybe it's because I finished my homework.

But still...I don't get your post. Did they kiss anot?

May_Beautifly said:
They did? I thought 'lips met halfway' meant that they almost kissed, but Drew pulled away. So...Yay! They did! And don't ask me how I got to use the computer...my mom let me...I have no idea 0_o Well...maybe it's because I finished my homework.

But still...I don't get your post. Did they kiss anot?

YES, May and Drew kissed!!!! "Their lips met halfway" means that they both leaned in, and their lips met in the middle!!!! Grrr! XD

~Kitteh ;258;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Very nice. May and Drew are one of those couples who are just adorable together.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
This is pretty cute. The only thing I can advise is combining sentences together instead of having smaller, choppy fragments. Keep up the good work!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Kitteh said:
Thanks. I know this was really short... I might add more to it... o_O

You're welcome. I've found that once you get an idea and begin typing, it flows naturally to the end. That's how I wrote Super Trouper. (end blatant plug :p) What I mean is, if you look at it and it seems right the way it is, there's no need to add or take away.

The Great Butler said:
You're welcome. I've found that once you get an idea and begin typing, it flows naturally to the end. That's how I wrote Super Trouper. (end blatant plug :p) What I mean is, if you look at it and it seems right the way it is, there's no need to add or take away.

OK. Thanks, and I have a question... (I'm new to the shippiness and one-shots and stuff) is it possible to have a sequel to a one-shot? (I'm also new to the site)

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I like the detail and description. "And he ran into the fading light of the sun, leaving May standing where he’d left her, fingers to her tingling lips" was really good.

But, of course, the major drawback is its length. So, Drew comes out of nowhere to May, they bicker, Drew yells something shipping in all caps to her, kisses her, and then leaves. Buh? This seems if anything to be the ending to a longer fic. Nice idea, but not a good presentation. ^^;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Kitteh said:
OK. Thanks, and I have a question... (I'm new to the shippiness and one-shots and stuff) is it possible to have a sequel to a one-shot? (I'm also new to the site)

I don't see why not.

Stephy

candies!!!11
YES, May and Drew kissed!!!! "Their lips met halfway" means that they both leaned in, and their lips met in the middle!!!! Grrr! XD

Ok then...They did! Yay!

I don't see why not.

Agreed.

Stephy

candies!!!11
Yes. Took you long enough to realize they kissed. Lol. (Working on another fic... yayz...)

As long it is a contestshipping fic...Yay!

May_Beautifly said:
As long it is a contestshipping fic...Yay!

Yup, it's a contestshippy alright. XD (You want a spoiler??)

[SPOIL]All of a sudden, a hand grabbed Drew's shoulder, and he fell to the ground. He rolled onto his back, and stared up into a pair of sapphire blue eyes. His own green eyes grew wide as the girl's lips came closer and closer to his own.[/SPOIL]

Ooh... contestshipping early on... o_O

~Kitteh ;258;

Stephy

candies!!!11
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!
I totally LOVE that spoiler!
I didn't know that [SPOIL]May[/SPOIL] would do that such of things...I would only imagine [SPOIL]Drew[/SPOIL] to do that...but...oh well. Can't wait for that fic.

May_Beautifly said:
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!
I totally LOVE that spoiler!
I didn't know that [SPOIL]May[/SPOIL] would do that such of things...I would only imagine [SPOIL]Drew[/SPOIL] to do that...but...oh well. Can't wait for that fic.

Well, hey, you wanna read my new one-shot?? It's called "Crazy For This Girl (a one-shot Contestshippy)" oooh... XD

~Kitteh ;258;