• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Alright so noob question here lol anybody recommend a good place to read up on these many chapters? It's either that or go out and buy all the current volumes out lol.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah, and the volumes just keep on coming so it no end to how much you spend lol thank you for the info I can now finally start catching up to everyone .

kusari

Raptastic
Guys, please watch the one liners. This isn't just our rule, it's a general Clubs Forum rule.

Anyway, I wrote another thing. This time, it's actual fiction. Not a chapter mind you, just a prologue. Also, I'll be updating my library post with everything I've written recently if you need to find anything easier.

Bleach Main Fanfiction: Threnody

Prologue - Tetelestai

[spoil]A cold breeze, tinged with the scent of ocean salt, traced across the nearly-bald scalp of the shinigami. Himuro Takekura, sixth seat of Soul Society’s Tenth Division, had been in this position many times, having been the person tasked with integrating shinigami to their new jurisdictions for well over three decades. His fingers nervously fiddled with the excess twine on the end of his zanpakuto’s hilt, the anxiety being caused by the conflict taking place on the rooftop not far from his. The most recent trainee, a young boy by the name of Iwao, was locked in combat with a Hollow, gorilla-like in appearance. Himuro flinched a bit as Iwao’s shoulder took the full impact of the beast’s punch. The attack knocked Iwao prone, laying on the rooftop fully vulnerable. Seeing this, Takekura leapt from his position.

Gravity pulled the veteran shinigami down quickly, his feet planting solidly between his charge and the enemy. The hand that was fidgeting about only seconds before now gripped tightly around the pommel of its weapon. In one swift motion, the blade was removed from its sheath and swung upward, severing the Hollow’s left arm. Takekura pulled the sword to a defensive stance, readying himself for the now-enraged foe. A bone-shaking roar prefaced the swing of the creature’s massive fist. What occurred next was nearly a repeat of what happened before: a zanpakuto was swung, severing the incoming limb and sending it into a heap on the rooftop.

A cacophony of bellows – similar in both pitch and volume to a thunderclap -- erupted from the throat of the armless Hollow. It writhed about, its stumps slinging a fetid, green blood in all directions. The sixth seat did his best to dodge the liquid, knowing full well that a Hollow’s blood is dangerously acidic, as he rushed in for the killing blow. Drawing close, the shinigami’s zanpakuto was quickly thrust upward, spearing directly through the Hollow’s head. The last seconds of the monster’s life were spent stumbling backwards and falling dead onto the ground. Recognizing the threat as neutralized, Himuro re-sheathed his sword and turned to face his trainee.

“I-I’m terribly sorry, sixth seat Takekura,” the young shinigami sputtered out as he rose to his feet. Hands trembling, he delicately returned his weapon to the sheath on his hip. Frantic hands batted dust from his hakama. “I should’ve been stronger.”

Stern eyes, the dull gray of a storm cloud, stared down the trainee. “Stop blaming yourself. You’re just a kid and that was a Class-3 Hollow. Hell, it would’ve been a miracle for you to have dealt more than a scratch to that thing.” the veteran responded, his voice gruff from years of a smoking habit. “If there’s anyone to blame it’s me. I should’ve stepped in a hell’ve a lot sooner.”

A look of dejection crossed the amateur’s face, “But the fact that you waited means you had faith in me. And since I couldn’t win, it means I failed and,” what was left of the sentence became lost in an exasperated sobbing. “I’m s-so-sorr…”

Himuro returned his hand to his side, the wide back now red from the sharp contact it had made with his charge’s cheek. Iwao’s tear-filled gaze shifted from the rooftop to his superior’s eyes. A moment of silence befell the pair on the roof. Only the whistling of chilly night breezes broke the calm quietness. In the silent moment an understanding formed between the two, some sort of profound idea that could only be decoded by those who had been a part of the moment.

Iwao’s tears dried upon his face as he rose to his feet, clutching his wounded shoulder gently. Right. I get it, Himuro-sensei, the young man thought as his mentor turned to head in the opposite direction. With rapid, staccato steps Iwao began to follow, his mind focused on the revelation of the moment. Brushing some loose hairs from his eyes, the shinigami broke into a goofy smile with his next thought. If I just keep working, I can make Himuro-sensei proud.

“Hurry up, kid. We still have a patrol to finish,” the sixth seat barked over his shoulder.

Iwao shook the musings from his mind and sped up his pace. “Right behind you, Himuro-sen…” the sentence cut off abruptly. For a moment Iwao’s mind went back to work. What was wrong? Why couldn’t he finish his response? Why did he suddenly feel breathless? Why could he taste copper? What was causing this sharp pain in his chest? At the last thought, the trainee’s gaze shifted down, catching sight of something protruding out of his body to the left of his sternum. A second of processing and he had it. It was a blade, glinting a brilliant silver in the lights of a seaside city at night. “Himuro-sensei,” Iwao said as he crumpled in a heap to the rooftop, the blade having been freed from its position through his heart.

The second mention of his name in a few seconds caused Himuro to spin around quickly, partially out of annoyance that the kid hadn’t drawn any closer. His rotation proved to be just quick enough to catch his apprentice falling to the ground. The squall-gray eyes not long ago filled with an impenetrable sternness instantly overflowed with panic and fury. As boy fell Himuro caught sight of the one who had inflicted the deadly wound. It was a man, nearly as tall as the sixth seat himself, clutching what appeared to be an ornate rapier. The clothing was styled reminiscent of early 1900’s military regalia: a high-collared coat that extended just past the waist paired with slacks that appeared starched-stiff and black boots that faintly reflected the lights of the surrounding buildings. The coat and pants shared a similar dark blue color, with what seemed to be silver edging.

The stranger shot glance back at Himuro, golden irises glinting with malice. A white glove hand was thrust into the pocket of his jacket taking out a handkerchief which he promptly used to wipe the blood from his weapon. A few seconds and the cloth returned to the pocket from whence it came and the sword returned to its sheath on the man’s waist. Stray locks of shoulder-blade length blonde hair were brushed out of the killer’s clean-shaven, almost boyish face before moving over his mouth as he cleared his throat.
“Gotei Thirteen, Tenth Division, Sixth Seat Himuro Takekura,” the stranger spoke, his voice a tone so serene it was almost melancholy, “I am deeply sorry for what has transpired here this evening. Killing this boy, and by extension yourself, was not my intention this night.” His eyes grew narrow and a subtle frown crossed his thin lips. “However, you’re recent actions have caused me to act in this most unpleasant manner an…”

“Cut the ********,” the shinigami bellowed, “you’re not remorseful for what you did. Iwao was a child and you killed him un provoked. Then you threatened me. No truly guilty man would behave like that.” His hand tensed around the hilt of his zanpakuto, a fight seeming imminent.

“I am truly sorry, Mr. Takekura; though I do understand how you could think I’m not. If you only hadn’t killed my Hollow I’d…”

“Your Hollow,” Himuro cut the stranger off again. “You’re telling me you set that thing on us?!”

Surprise crept across the blonde man’s face. “Heavens no, sir. I hate the damn things as much as you do. The beast was my prey. You and your apprentice stepped in and took the kill from me.”

“You justify murder by speaking of killing Hollows as if it’s a game? You’re trash. And I’m going to keep you from leaving this rooftop alive.” The shinigami’s eyes narrowed as he ripped the sword at his waist and charged forward, towards the man who had killed his protégé.

The charge was a full on sprint, the killing intent evidenced by the malignant light in Himuro’s eyes. The stranger began talking, most likely saying something along the lines of “No” or “Stop”. Whatever it was, the shinigami heard not a single word, rage all but deafening him. Something made contact with his back, the contact feeling to him like a thrown pebble. Himuro kept charging. In a few seconds he had crossed half the distance between himself and the stranger and felt the pebble sensation another four times. A few more seconds and he stood face-to-face with Iwao’s murderer, the pebble count now exceeding ten. As he readied his swing, Himuro’s limbs began to feel heavy and his stance faltered. A trio of pebble sensations stung his back. In response, his legs gave out and he fell to the ground.

“Damnit! What the hell did you do,” the shinigami cried into the air as he attempted to pull himself from the ground. The sudden sensation of warmth on his back caught Himuro’s attention. He reached a heavy arm around and tugged at something cold on his back. Bringing it to his eyes, the realization of what was going on hit the sixth seat like a bus.

“Oh my. That’s one of Ms. Mizuki’s knives,” the stranger noted, plucking the small weapon from Himuro’s hand. Nearly two dozen more daggers – all identical, long and thin triangular blades, colored black with silver cutting edges and a silver hilt attached on the triangle’s short side – were planted in the shinigami’s back, drawing a large amount of blood. “Mizuki. Come out. I know you’re here.”

Across the roof, a figure stepped from behind the small room that housed the stairwell leading inside of the building. A few more steps brought the figure into the light, revealing its features. The young girl, looking somewhere between sixteen and nineteen, placed an hand on her cocked hip and shot a look of disgust towards the man who had killed Iwao. Befitting her age, the young woman’s attire looked highly reminiscent of Japanese school uniform, though with some flair that was hard to specifically nail down in style. Her ankle-ankle length blonde hair sat styled into two pigtails positioned on the sides of her head, while her bangs hang wildly in her face, varying drastically in length – reaching her shoulders at certain places.

“C’mon Crawford,” Mizuki snapped in a voice that could be called ‘cute’ if it weren’t so abrasive, “are you so fuckin’ incompetent that you couldn’t finish off a pair of fuckin’ weak ass shinigami.” As if to punctuate her sentence, she flung yet another dagger, this one planting firmly into the back of Himuro’s head. The shinigami let out one last grunt before becoming entirely motionless.

“Ms. Mizuki, I would quite appreciate it if you would refrain from cursing so often around me. It makes me uncomfortable.” Crawford’s face showed the outcome of this exact statement, his features now looking even more depressed than before.

The girl scowled. “God. Could you be any more of a fuckin wuss?” Mizuki quickly went about retrieving her weapons from the back of the dead shinigami.

After a moment of silence, excepting the dripping of sanguine liquid from knife blades, Mizuki chose to speak up once again. “Things are gonna be tough now,” she mused, voice far more quiet than before.

“You are correct,” Crawford returned the sentiment. “Everything will be different after this war. How does the Threnody go again?”

Mizuki stood up from her kneeling position, a wicked smile crossing her face. “You mean the Threnody of the Broken World?”

“That’s the one.”

The young woman’s voice dropped to a eulogy-esque, rhythmic sing-song as she spoke:

Tick tock, goes the clock
Towards your ruination.
Towards the End of Days.

You will not survive this.
Your sins will be laid bare.

Your world will end in fire.
Your death will not come swift.
[/spoil]

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thanks again for the links, I have finally begun to catch up. I honestly did not see the twist of (spoiler alert) ichigos mom being a Quincy, that's a no boost. So that means ichigo is like an all powerful dude then huh, atta boy lol

I SEE YOUR GETTING RID OF OLD MEMBERS....WELL IM STILL CAPTAIN OF SQUAD 5 DAMMIT I DEMAND A WE HAVE A TEST...ALL THE NEW GUYS WHO HAS JOIN SINCE MY LEAVE OF ABSENCE.

GOLDE-DONO!!!!!
I MISSED YOU GUYS..YOO MC WHATS UP WITH THAT SPARING MATCH?
HEY..WHERES MY PROTEGE..MIN!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? IM DYING FOR SOME OF YOUR COOKIES
O WAIT IM MISSING SOME PPL..O YEEEA NORTHERN LIGHTS SWEETHEART I MISSED YOOOOU!
AND DAUC YO LOL U STILL ON HERE WE HAVENT SPOKEN IN AGES SINCE YOUR ALWAYS TRAVELING THE WORLD N ALL
BUT YEEEEA

jus wanted to say hi and not to delete me lol even tho im never on but im still claiming my SQUAD 5 CAPTAIN spot anyone who objects then you will suffer some serious burns..like SERIOUS down to the bone.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Well, no Bleach manga for the next five weeks. :/
Kubo taking a break before getting to the final battle.
I got this info from translations of a message in the manga, by Mangastream (posted on July 16th).
I've also confirmed this from Viz's translation of the same message.

Welcome back Flash_Step!
It's good to see you again.
Min spends most of her free time on Facebook, pretending to be a Mudkip. :p

Welcome to the Bleach club, Nightmareisalive.
I'm Zameric, captain of Squad Justice 9.
tokyo/seven is my lieutenant, who should have greeted you in my absence.
rotrum is the captain of Squad 10, so you'll have to wait till he comes around again before you can actually join the squad.
I think he'll like your zanpakuto, it pairs together nice with his zanpakuto.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Welcome back Flash_step.
Nice entrance xD
Good to see you're alive and well.

Nightmare, I suggest you go through existing member's Zan. Just to make sure your moves and names sound original.

4 weeks to go..

Golde

Always Searching~
Oh my goodness. don't get rid of me. I am awesome.and your best looking member. and sexy. and handsome. and all-round incredible.

Wouldn't dream of it

Guys, please watch the one liners. This isn't just our rule, it's a general Clubs Forum rule.

THIS.

*Angry glare whilst holding diamond oar*

I SEE YOUR GETTING RID OF OLD MEMBERS....WELL IM STILL CAPTAIN OF SQUAD 5 DAMMIT I DEMAND A WE HAVE A TEST...ALL THE NEW GUYS WHO HAS JOIN SINCE MY LEAVE OF ABSENCE.

GOLDE-DONO!!!!!

Haha I was mostly talking about Spirits, but I won't delete you either :p

FLASH-DONO!!!

4 weeks to go..

We'll make it :)

I understand this, I'm actually totally fine with it. If Kubo works as hard as I know other manga writers do, its good that he'll get some time off. Good for Kubo.

Thanks again for the links, I have finally begun to catch up. I honestly did not see the twist of (spoiler alert) ichigos mom being a Quincy, that's a no boost. So that means ichigo is like an all powerful dude then huh, atta boy lol

If moderators saw this they would die laughing..no but
This is the proper way and btw ichigo is not only all powerful he hasnt even begun to show us his power. THE MAN HAS 2 ZANGETSU IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER

Yo Zam hows it going man?

Quick question..has anyone been doing any fanfic lately?
About us serebii Gotei 13

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
You are correct, he is going to get stronger with two of them but now I wonder how his bankai would look like, I gotta say I can't wait four more weeks for the next chapter but I guess if its good for it then ill live lol fanfic would be a great idea to run about the serebii gotei 13

kusari

Raptastic
*Angry glare whilst holding diamond oar*
I believe this is the first time you've pulled the "diamond oar" threat in 2013. It's refreshing.

Quick question..has anyone been doing any fanfic lately?
About us serebii Gotei 13
Uuuuuh. Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Eon's is updated on a sporadic basis, though all but the two latest chapters are in his library post. Then I've been doing world building for my next fic, though it's all OCs and not the Serebii Gotei (all of which can be found in my library post).

lol fanfic would be a great idea to run about the serebii gotei 13
It's a great idea. That's why I've written 2 (both cancelled), Golde has one on hiatus, Arc has a discontinued one, Eon has a canceled fic and an in-progress fic and both MC and Kida have canceled ones.

rotrum

Ice Cold
I've been reading the thread every day or every other day, for the record. I'm just getting exceedingly lazy as the days pass.

I'm willing to accept the lieutenant after they fix their zanpakutou a bit. It's a bit rough and fuzzy and the names need some work. And maybe being a third seat a bit as a trial period of activity level (Yes, I realize the irony dripping all over the floor)

I just wanted to make a sort of a brief running total of the parallels between Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach.

A girl recruits them to be a sort of earthly sortofundeadish fighter for the spirit world. They defeat demons. (Botan-Rukia)

The main character has a powerful rival that creates weapons out of energy who later becomes an ally. (Kuwabara-Uryuu Ishida)

Main character goes through incredibly harsh training but also gains a mysterious ally from it (Genkai - Urahara)

Main character battles fiercely against his enemies who later become his allies (Artifact Retrieval Arc with Hiei and Kurama - Soul Society Arc with many of the shinigami) Happens in different places chronologically between them

They rescue a girl (Yukina - Rukia)

They travel to the demon world to fight powerful demons with the help of Genkai/Urahara (Genkai actually fights, Urahara just sends them there). There's a lot of fighting stronger and stronger opponents.

A group of special and powerful humans whose powers originates from demons appears and makes the main character and co. rethink how they fight. Increased psychological warfare (Chapter Black/The Sensui Seven/Those People Genkai had challenge Yusuke and his friends - Fullbringer arc)

Incredibly powerful beings on a scale never before seen by the main cast appear, and one of them TURNS OUT TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER'S FOREFATHER. Main cast rapidly begins training. They meet up with incredibly powerful people, many of them being ancient, and are trained by them. (Raizen - Juha. Yomi/Mukuro/Raizen - Squad Zero)

There is a split and the main characters separate on different sides. (Mukuro-Hiei, Kurama-Yomi, Raizen-Yusuke and arguably Ichigoandfriends-Squad Zero, Ishida-Juha)

I'm curious if Kubo is going to have a plot twist in the form of Raizen's friends. Incredibly powerful warriors mostly forgotten by the world who reappear at the end and do battle quite spectacularly. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Squad Zero, Masaki, Ryuuken, Isshin, or Uryuu.) I doubt he would go with the raizen's friends bit all that similarly though, since they pretty much just appeared from nowhere, Worf Effected, and won the end of the plot.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
@Rotrum Now do you mean all new members to earn their spots? Because I've been as active as I can be, but I understand what your saying, but what about the zanpaktus, so far everyone's liked mine or was that for someone else? Lol I'm just trying to clear the air because I can fix it if its not written right.

@kusari sorry if I offended you, being new I had no idea that such fan fics existed or almost, hence my enthusiasm of having some being written that subject sorry about.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know that I physically won't be around for the next few days.
I'm going to unhook my computer tomorrow to prepare it for my move over the weekend.
I should have it back up early next week. Try not to miss me too much. :p

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
If my calculations are correct we are only just about a bit more than 2 weeks away from the next chapter coming out, we can finally witness Ichigo and both of his zanpakutous hopefully just pewn everyone lol

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Hey guys, I promise I'm not dead.
And I don't want this club to die either.

Well if you're right Kamo, then the leaks for the next chapter should probably come out next Wednesday.
I'm wondering where Kubo will start off.
Maybe with Ichigo going back to Karakura town to talk with his friends and family.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hey guys, I promise I'm not dead.
And I don't want this club to die either.

Well if you're right Kamo, then the leaks for the next chapter should probably come out next Wednesday.
I'm wondering where Kubo will start off.
Maybe with Ichigo going back to Karakura town to talk with his friends and family.

Yeah he has to leave cuz the. He can't comeback as was stated, I just want to know if he will go in knowing bankai or if he has to relearn it with the new swords, now I'm anxious lol

Yeah he has to leave cuz the. He can't comeback as was stated, I just want to know if he will go in knowing bankai or if he has to relearn it with the new swords, now I'm anxious lol

Well if I am remembering correctly there was just a chance that he could not go back to Karakura Town. Like a very small one. And either way at this point I would never see that as something Kubo would do to the lead character. He seems to have a thing against sad/bittersweet outcomes . . .

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
That's true, If ichigo can't go back home he should just stay there then and be a captain, he took all of them before with his fake swords lol I've always wanted him to be a costs in he earned it, but I guess we have to wait for about a week now I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.