• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
it feels like forever since i last posted on here, glad to be back. I see i haven't been made lieutenant yet =( anyways im glad the chapters are sort of keeping us in the battle part but at the same times its like get to ichigo already.

[spoil]
Half of the fight has just been "lol I can cut whatever you make"

I take it by "space", Gremmy is referring to a vacuum.

I'm guessing Kenpachi slashed from inside the vacuum, cut one of the clones, and Gremmy went "oh ****" and forgot to keep the imagination up (like Yachiru and the bone-cookies).

And then the clones blew up. It took me a few reads to understand that.

I'm reading Mangastream's translation as well as Mangareader and they both say something like "you imagined me to be a monster inside of you, and that monster killed you" what? I really do not understand.
[/spoil]

kusari

Raptastic
you know what would actually be a cool bankai? Strip all strengths and powers away from both sides and force both sides to fight on completely even footing.

But itll likely just be another got dang sword >.> still PRAYING to the Almighty Irony for something kidou based.

I love Gremmy. Nothing is better than Gremmy except...*gasp* TWO GREMMYS. Beautiful.
[spoil]That bankai you're describing is kinda what Haschwald's power is believed to be.

And Gremmy is ok. Not great. He's okay. inb4oar'd[/spoil]

I have so many chapters to catch up on. Oh my god.

Did the anime end well or did it do a Soul Eater?

Btw, SUP LOSERS?!
HOLY FREAKIN' ****, SNAKES KIDA! How ya been?

[spoil]

I'm guessing Kenpachi slashed from inside the vacuum, cut one of the clones, and Gremmy went "oh ****" and forgot to keep the imagination up (like Yachiru and the bone-cookies).

And then the clones blew up. It took me a few reads to understand that.

I'm reading Mangastream's translation as well as Mangareader and they both say something like "you imagined me to be a monster inside of you, and that monster killed you" what? I really do not understand.
[/spoil]
[spoil]I've been discussing chapters on /a/ recently and we've kinda developed a theory. Something along the lines of "Gremmy sees Ken-chan is a super strong monster. He thinks the onlu way to beat Ken-chan is to become a super strong monster himself. By this point, his model for a super strong monster is Ken-chan so he starts to imagine himself as such. However the changes he would have to undergo to be Ken-chan are too extreme for his body to handle and it ruptures under the stress."

Tl;dr: Sasuga Kubo.[/spoil]

Soooooo... Omigawd hi guys! I haven't graced you with my presence for a helluv a long time. How you guys been?

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I have so many chapters to catch up on. Oh my god.

Btw, SUP LOSERS?!
Like Arc said, it just ended right before the current, and last, story arc. The one about the Furblingers Fullbringers.
Which still feels like non-canon filler, even though it is filler. I think Kubo just used it to tease the revelation about Ichigo's mother, but he just seemed to put half the effort into making that story arc.

The Last Jedi said:
it feels like forever since i last posted on here, glad to be back. I see i haven't been made lieutenant yet =( anyways im glad the chapters are sort of keeping us in the battle part but at the same times its like get to ichigo already.
Don't worry about ranking up too much. The club is hanging on by a thin strand of Spirit Particles (reishi).
Just try to be as active as you can, and I'm sure your captain will show up again sometime to review your performance report. :p

I haven't really enjoyed the fight between Kenpachi and Gremmy.
Kubo creates a character with a power as over-powered as Aizen, if not more so.
And so the only that character can be defeated as by pitting him against the series' original juggernaut.
It just feels like a very lazy match up, in my opinion. :/

Last edited:

arceus03

Wheee
Only reason you'd see me here is because I got bored working on my assignments and actually am trying to procrastinate.

[spoil]

[/spoil]

Whatwhat.
How does your blood boil in vacuum? Enlighten me.

And Gremmy is ok. Not great. He's okay. inb4oar'd

[spoil]I've been discussing chapters on /a/ recently and we've kinda developed a theory. Something along the lines of "Gremmy sees Ken-chan is a super strong monster. He thinks the onlu way to beat Ken-chan is to become a super strong monster himself. By this point, his model for a super strong monster is Ken-chan so he starts to imagine himself as such. However the changes he would have to undergo to be Ken-chan are too extreme for his body to handle and it ruptures under the stress."

Soooooo... Omigawd hi guys! I haven't graced you with my presence for a helluv a long time. How you guys been?

Watch out for Golde's diamond-encrusted oar.
Or was it golden oar? I'd forgotten.

That is the same reasoning Bleach wiki gave, so I'd go with that explanation.

Yes you haven't. Been baking cookies. 8D Here, have some.

Don't worry about ranking up too much. The club is hanging on by a thin strand of Spirit Particles (reishi).
Just try to be as active as you can, and I'm sure your captain will show up again sometime to review your performance report. :p

I haven't really enjoyed the fight between Kenpachi and Gremmy.
Kubo creates a character with a power as over-powered as Aizen, if not more so.
And so the only that character can be defeated as by pitting him against the series' original juggernaut.
It just feels like a very lazy match up, in my opinion. :/

Should make a topic. Something along the lines of how you would be the Sternritters.
If anyone even wants to answer

Ah, I wonder what would happen in a Gremmy vs Aizen fight. XD
"I killed you!" "NOPE THAT WAS AN ILLUSION" "Oh I imagined your illusion to be real so you're really hurt" "Just as expected."
And it goes on. And on.

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Wow. People are living here again xD

Hi Kida, Kusari, Arc. Long time. Especially you, Kida. Missed you guys.

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but Bleach is officially better than Naruto now. Kubo's bullshyte is better than Kishimoto's bullshyte. At least Kubo's crap doesn't trample over all the foundations of his own series, give the characters instant god powers (and I mean that literally), and make the series read like a crappy fanfic written by a five year old.

I actually kind of like how Gremmy was beaten. With your powers being based on imagination, if you get scared, you'll either weaken yourself or empower your opponent. Makes some degree of sense.

Rukia's Bankai, though it's total bullshyte that she can lower the temperature of things to below absolute zero (because that isn't physically possible), is pretty cool. Not what I would have picked for her, but still cool (no, that is not a pun).

I actually kind of want Ichigo to show up, if only so he can do something and show us his new powers.

So, anything new besides people apparently coming back from the dead?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Make that another person coming back from the death.

So nice to see this place active again. I've been.. busy. Let's go with that x)

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but Bleach is officially better than Naruto now. Kubo's bullshyte is better than Kishimoto's bullshyte. At least Kubo's crap doesn't trample over all the foundations of his own series, give the characters instant god powers (and I mean that literally), and make the series read like a crappy fanfic written by a five year old.

I actually kind of want Ichigo to show up, if only so he can do something and show us his new powers.

I actually like how Naruto is going now :p
I was getting tired of the boring chapters. It does make sense retrospectively.

I've been waiting for Ichigo to show up for weeks now. I actually went back and re-read the chapters where he has his bankai reforged. Looks pretty sweet. The two blades.

Also waiting for Kubo to turn to Hueco Mundo to see that mysterious sword wielder.

Sowhasshappeninguiz

arceus03

I actually kind of like how Gremmy was beaten. With your powers being based on imagination, if you get scared, you'll either weaken yourself or empower your opponent. Makes some degree of sense.

Rukia's Bankai, though it's total bullshyte that she can lower the temperature of things to below absolute zero (because that isn't physically possible), is pretty cool. Not what I would have picked for her, but still cool (no, that is not a pun).

Arc used Revive!

Speaking of Naruto, [offtopic discussion starts] How many times can you actually use Izanagi / Izanami? [/offtopic discussion ends]

I was just glad it wasn't some kind of overpowered ability.

Her dress looks pretty cool too.

Um... I made some cookies. Does that count?

Make that another person coming back from the death.

So nice to see this place active again. I've been.. busy. Let's go with that x)

Also waiting for Kubo to turn to Hueco Mundo to see that mysterious sword wielder.

Sowhasshappeninguiz

Whoooooooo

We all have, haven't we? XD

We all know that's Grimmjoww

I made some cookies...?

too many strikethroughs.

Well, now that we have full closure on Gremmy's death, we can move on.

I do wonder where Yachiru went. I didn't keep up with what she was last doing.

Enter: 7 chapters of fanservice.

Woah, everyone came back in the week I decided not to check the club. Damn.

Yeah, this chapter seems to have reinforced that theory.
I should go on /a/ more often.

Pretty good... Exams are creeping up for me. The month of June will definitely be... interesting to say the least. And then I go to uni. God damn I'm getting old.
Wheee
Only reason you'd see me here is because I got bored working on my assignments and actually am trying to procrastinate.
That's the only reason anyone is here anymore.

Whatwhat.
How does your blood boil in vacuum? Enlighten me.
I don't know the exact physics but I can attempt to give an answer based on my knowledge...
It's probably closer to "vaporisation" rather than "boiling". Boiling implies putting in energy (heating), so that the forces of attraction between the molecules in your blood are being broken, hence they now become a gas. Vaporisation is when you have, say, a puddle of water, and over time the molecules on the surface gain enough energy (due to collisions with other molecules) to break the inter-molecular forces, and become a gas.
In a vacuum, there is absolutely no air pressure, at all. So like how a gas would diffuse in a room, the molecules in blood can probably spread out and turn into a gas much more easily, hence they vaporise.
Though of course, I'm assuming he's referring to blood from an open wound. If he means blood in the veins, I still feel like "air pressure" is the answer.

"I killed you!" "NOPE THAT WAS AN ILLUSION" "Oh I imagined your illusion to be real so you're really hurt" "Just as expected."
And it goes on. And on.
Perfection.

*Waves from the corner*
*Cough* Not according to wikipedia, apparently?
I'll just leave this quote:
wikipedia said:
A substance with a negative temperature is not colder than absolute zero, but rather it is hotter than infinite temperature.
(Basically, temperature is a very weird thing to describe because of energy states, disorder/entropy, kinetic energies, and so on. But I agree that Kubo should just leave that stuff well alone).

rotrum

Ice Cold
Stealthily lies flat against the ceiling

I refuse to acknowledge Gremmy's death. I refuse I refuse I refuse.

Yachiru's (Death?) is incredibly unsatisfying. Whatever happened, I'm not going to be satisfied no matter what.

I just took my first AP exam of the year. I only finished about 75% of it, and much of that was guesswork. I hate calculus. Meanwhile on Friday I have two major writing exams. Handwritten things, ugh.... These hands shall never hold anything. So, as I pray...

Also, I don't think she ever went below Absolute Zero, I think she said exactly Abs Zero. Most likely it's just exceedingly close to it

I can imagine a definition of Absolute zero created by having a velocity probability distribution of the particles completely at zero, from a certain inertial reference point.

That seems like a cop-out because it seems like im defining lack of motion as saying that motion doesn't count, so I'll specify: If all the particles were magically moving in the same direction without straying at all. Normally they bounce around at random according to the probability distribution. If they're all perfectly uniform it would have the same effect as being at absolute zero.

When brought to a system that did move regularly, however slowly, energy would flow from the other system to the uniform system and cause the uniform system to move normally due to collisions.

I don't claim that this could ever happen in the real world, except maybe in a perfect vacuum, but with reiatsu as part of the formulation, I can accept it.

Iunno. just an idea. I'm not a physicist, and neither is Kubo.

Stealthily lies flat against the ceiling
*Turns on the ceiling fan*

I just took my first AP exam of the year. I only finished about 75% of it, and much of that was guesswork. I hate calculus. Meanwhile on Friday I have two major writing exams. Handwritten things, ugh.... These hands shall never hold anything. So, as I pray...
Yeouch. Good luck. Calculus can be a pain. I personally despise vectors with a passion.
rotrum said:
Also, I don't think she ever went below Absolute Zero, I think she said exactly Abs Zero. Most likely it's just exceedingly close to it

I can imagine a definition of Absolute zero created by having a velocity probability distribution of the particles completely at zero, from a certain inertial reference point.

That seems like a cop-out because it seems like im defining lack of motion as saying that motion doesn't count, so I'll specify: If all the particles were magically moving in the same direction without straying at all. Normally they bounce around at random according to the probability distribution. If they're all perfectly uniform it would have the same effect as being at absolute zero.

When brought to a system that did move regularly, however slowly, energy would flow from the other system to the uniform system and cause the uniform system to move normally due to collisions.

I don't claim that this could ever happen in the real world, except maybe in a perfect vacuum, but with reiatsu as part of the formulation, I can accept it.

Iunno. just an idea. I'm not a physicist, and neither is Kubo.

[spoil]There's a particular page around halfway of chapter 567 "Dance with Snowwhite" (serebii is being weird and not letting me post links?) which outright says "the user can go below absolute zero".

I haven't had a proper teaching of thermodynamics unfortunately (which is a real shame, I'd love to be able to discuss this sort of stuff in a lot more detail, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to).
I haven't used the phrase "velocity probability distribution" (but I have a feeling it dancing around the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution of energies in a body of ideal gas. Is it effectively similar to the phrase "mean velocity"? In which case I would agree for the most part (especially since I'm familiar with an equation "KE = 3kT/2" where "KE" is the mean kinetic energy of the particles in the gas, k is the Boltzmann constant, and T is the temperature of the gas.
I feel like your answer as dips into the idea of entropy, which - if memory serves correctly - is involved in the concept of "what is heat" and "what is temperature". I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that the two ways to get something colder is to make the particles move more slowly, and to make the particles move with less randomness.

Iunno. I'm not a physicist (yet? even that, I don't know).

This was still fun[/spoil]

Golde

Always Searching~

Btw, SUP LOSERS?!

SUP NL!?

And by that do you mean end early then inexplicably lead into a Shoujo? Because yes.

I liked Soul Eater's anime ending.

[spoil]Don't think he's going bankai straight. He still has to show shikai.... no?
Yeah, that'd be. Boring.[/spoil]

Pretty sure i read somewhere that Kenpachi's jagged blade was in a constant state of Shikai, not unlike Ichigo's Zangetsu. I am mad that...

Lots of bankai they've released lately have skimped on the details. The Fullbring Leader (forgot his name but he seemed like a pallet swap of Ichigo), Retsu, and now Kenny. Yeah they look cool but details. Geez.

And Gremmy is ok. Not great. He's okay. inb4oar'd

*Oar of Imagination's*

Watch out for Golde's diamond-encrusted oar.
Or was it golden oar?

And it goes on. And on.

Lol it was both :3

I picture their fight like...a never ending mix of Memento and Inception. So many layers in never the correct order.

Make that another person coming back from the dead

I actually like how Naruto is going now :p
I was getting tired of the boring chapters. It does make sense retrospectively.

CB WASSUP?!

And I agree. I like where Naruto is at lol.

I still want to see what Mayuri does with those Priveron Espada bodies he found in Grantz's lab.

i lol'ed

It really seemed like for the last couple chapters they've just REALLY wanted Kenny to say something like "YOU CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW STRONG I AM". But good on them they didnt.

Gremmys dead. *drops to knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Though not a bad death scene. I liked the slow fade away. I just really hate how Kubo is doing this. One enemy at a time, always dead at the end of the fight. Soooo very boring and bland.

Also just...wtf. That scene where Kenny is just...staring at a Brain. Because wat.

Yachiru's dead :3 but she wont be. Because Kubo.

And fanservice -.-

arceus03

Well, now that we have full closure on Gremmy's death, we can move on.

I do wonder where Yachiru went. I didn't keep up with what she was last doing.

Enter: 7 chapters of fanservice.

That's the only reason anyone is here anymore.

I don't know the exact physics but I can attempt to give an answer based on my knowledge...
It's probably closer to "vaporisation" rather than "boiling". Boiling implies putting in energy (heating), so that the forces of attraction between the molecules in your blood are being broken, hence they now become a gas. Vaporisation is when you have, say, a puddle of water, and over time the molecules on the surface gain enough energy (due to collisions with other molecules) to break the inter-molecular forces, and become a gas.
In a vacuum, there is absolutely no air pressure, at all. So like how a gas would diffuse in a room, the molecules in blood can probably spread out and turn into a gas much more easily, hence they vaporise.
Though of course, I'm assuming he's referring to blood from an open wound. If he means blood in the veins, I still feel like "air pressure" is the answer.

[spoil]What, brains? XD

I don't think she "went" anywhere. More like disappeared.
Here's a theory: Isane killed her because Ken-chan killed Unohana. That wouldn't happen, of course. But it could make a dark twist. XD

Ahahahahaha
I actually am curious as to what they did to Bambi. Kill her?[/spoil]

Quite true. :p

Ahh. I seeee.

I refuse to acknowledge Gremmy's death. I refuse I refuse I refuse.

Yachiru's (Death?) is incredibly unsatisfying. Whatever happened, I'm not going to be satisfied no matter what.

[spoil]It happened. Brains. Accept it.
Nah. Jk. I still cannot fathom the fact that Unohana died.

Probably will be an explanation next chapter. I still want to see more of her Zanpakto. Which was really awesome, btw. Not the concept. I mean, that's basically the same as Komamura. But what Isane commented on her ability, more specifically. Wonder if there's more to that.[/spoil]

Ah. Good luck, young grasshopper.

Yeouch. Good luck. Calculus can be a pain. I personally despise vectors with a passion.

Iunno. I'm not a physicist (yet? even that, I don't know).

This was still fun[/spoil]

Ahahahahaha. *splat*

I used to hate math, then I realized decimals actually have a point...
stop me before I go into a barrage of math puns

One day, young... cricket. One day. (rotrum got the grasshopper so you got the cricket)

Ranting about something you love is always fun.
Now, who wants to hear about lambda phage DNA?

Pretty sure i read somewhere that Kenpachi's jagged blade was in a constant state of Shikai, not unlike Ichigo's Zangetsu. I am mad that...

Lots of bankai they've released lately have skimped on the details. The Fullbring Leader (forgot his name but he seemed like a pallet swap of Ichigo), Retsu, and now Kenny. Yeah they look cool but details. Geez.

Lol it was both :3

I picture their fight like...a never ending mix of Memento and Inception. So many layers in never the correct order.

I still want to see what Mayuri does with those Priveron Espada bodies he found in Grantz's lab.

Huh yeah. It was on wiki I believe.

[spoil]Right? And Yama's... Kubo just sort of squished his whole bankai in one chapter or so, "This is what I can do with mah bankai" then die.
Unohana we didn't even get to know what Minazuki did. I am disappoint.[/spoil]

Aaaah. Golden diamond-encrusted oar.

Division by zero would be a more understandable subject.

XD I wonder if Kubo forgot about those...

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Bitterly disappointed with this weeks chapter. Barely any progress. Hoped we'd get something more. Ichigo needs to make an appearance now or else it's just plain old Kubo-shïte.

Pfft. Everyone is back here because we're emotionally attached to this. And that we shouldn't lurk as much as we do. Don't lie, you know you lurk >.>

And by that do you mean end early then inexplicably lead into a Shoujo? Because yes.
I should try Soul Eater again.

I bet that's just going to end up as a dropped plot point.

[spoil]I don't think she "went" anywhere. More like disappeared.
Here's a theory: Isane killed her because Ken-chan killed Unohana. That wouldn't happen, of course. But it could make a dark twist. XD[/spoil]
That it could, that it could.

[spoil]
Nah. Jk. I still cannot fathom the fact that Unohana died.[/spoil]
I forget that, myself.
I used to hate math, then I realized decimals actually have a point...
stop me before I go into a barrage of math puns
Please, do continue. None of what I said was trying to be a pun, I just don't like vectors.
One day, young... cricket. One day. (rotrum got the grasshopper so you got the cricket)
Fitting, since I'm keeping up with the IPL somewhat.

Ranting about something you love is always fun.
Now, who wants to hear about lambda phage DNA?
*Cautiously raises hand*

arceus03

Don't lie, you know you lurk >.>

Shhhhhhh

I forget that, myself.

Please, do continue. None of what I said was trying to be a pun, I just don't like vectors.

Fitting, since I'm keeping up with the IPL somewhat.

*Cautiously raises hand*

Really sad. =(

No thanks. I never really like maths anyway. Except fractions. I'm partial to them.
Here's a piece of advice though: Never miss your math classes, or they'll start adding up.

My friend is full of them. XD Google has a ton of them as well.

IPL whatnow?

Maybe later when I start studying for my exams which I should start now, since it comes next week >.<

Bye.

[spoil]
Retsu_Unohana_by_SuperNaruSakuFanatic.jpg
[/spoil]

Also another one: [Strong language]

[spoil]
captain_unohana__demotivational__by_vambra-d5rv26h.jpg
[/spoil]

And there's this too

[spoil]
demotivational_poster__russia_and_unohana_by_gaaradesert6-d50kg91.jpg
[/spoil]

Okay, I'll stop.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
So let's see..
-Some Girls beat down Kenpachi.
-More senseless Shinigami kills.. Like they haven't died enough.
-Girls get their introduction. Another semi-busty character introducrd. Steirnritter T.
-Only interesting thing was that EXPLOSION. Maybe Yachiru or Ichigo. Latter seems unlikely.

Well then, another week to wait..

Now shall get back to chowing down chili cheese fries and playing FIFA WC 14.

Insert fanservice for a few pages...

The little kid is terrifying.

"The Power"? That's really vague... I guess it just means having a lot of physical strength.

Zombie, of course, what else would Z be?

The explosion looks vaguely skull-shaped. I kind of remember a running theme of skulls being associated with Kenpachi (example; during the Ichigo/Kenpachi fight, when they both had their "auras" around them, or during the Unohana/Zaraki fight, with Unohana's bankai) so I want to say that it's Yachiru, especially with her recent "disappearance" and the introduction of 4 female characters.

No thanks. I never really like maths anyway. Except fractions. I'm partial to them.
Here's a piece of advice though: Never miss your math classes, or they'll start adding up.
There we go.

IPL whatnow?
The IPL, the dyslexic variation of my username
The Indian Premier League. It's cricket and pretty enjoyable Though this year hasn't been very great...

IPL whatnow?
Maybe later when I start studying for my exams which I should start now, since it comes next week >.<[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mine are from 6th June t 27th June... a fun month. 13 exams. Yay.

Now shall get back to chowing down chili cheese fries and playing FIFA WC 14.
Lucky sod.

kusari

Raptastic
The explosion looks vaguely skull-shaped. I kind of remember a running theme of skulls being associated with Kenpachi (example; during the Ichigo/Kenpachi fight, when they both had their "auras" around them, or during the Unohana/Zaraki fight, with Unohana's bankai) so I want to say that it's Yachiru, especially with her recent "disappearance" and the introduction of 4 female characters.
[spoil]My favorite of the running theorie is that LIGHT is Ganju and the Fullbring Crew. The flash is them breaking through the Shakonmaku with Kukaku's cannon. Makes a sliver of sense because there's four in the Ganju Crew and four in the **** Squad.

I don't think it is/don't want it to be Ichigo. Too early. Still gotta let Ikkaku, Yumichika, Shuhei (w/ bankai), Mashiro, the rest of the Vizards, The Ganju Crew, Ukitake, Bya-kun, Shunsui, Urahara, Yoruichi, The Royal Guard, and our glorious Aizen-sama left to fight.[/spoil]

[spoil]YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

MY GIGI IS BACK AND SHE'S THE BEST OF EM ALL! LOOK AT THAT PAGE WHERE SHE'S TELLING THEM ALL TO SUICIDE! LOOK AT HOW ****ING ADORABLE SHE IS! AND SHE'S THE NEW LEADER OF THE **** SQUAD! AND SHE'S (PROBABLY) GOT A PET ZOMBIE BAMBI!

*ahem* Sorry about that. I was excited. So I liked this chapter, obviously. Lili is fuggin' creepy. Meni seems boring. Candy-chan is cool if a bit bland. Already given most of my thoughts on Gigi. Though I would like to add that she's basically a more brutal version of Tsukishima who she is totally going to fight.[/spoil]

So yeah. That's it really. Hi guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.