• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

konvirt2mudkipizm
Math is my best academic subject. I got a 740 on the Math SAT too. (You score 300-800 and 700s are considered really good, with 500s being around average, and anything lower is below average.) I'm actually a good math student when I'm not distracted. LOL I also taught myself multiplication and division in the second and third grade, because my old school had extremely poor academics. When I transferred in the fourth grade, I was put in a fifth grade math class, despite my old school's crappy teachings. By the way, I'm going to art school, so that's a given. I've always had a sense for that stuff.

Anyway, the reason I'm really here:

MANGA.

[spoil]OKAY WHAT THE F*CK GINJOU WHAT THE F*CK. WHAT THE F*CK JUST HAPPENED?

...So Ishida is really on Ichigo's side after all...? Well if that's actually true, then that's a good thing. But everything's so confusing, especially when it mentioned Orihime...? I'm soooo confused!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!

And seriously, WHEN THE HELL DO WE GET TO KNOW WHAT ISSHIN AND URAHARA ARE DOING???

Kubo's been trolling again, I see.[/spoil]

/endrant

So Ginjou gets cut, and it takes some time for Tsukishima's ability to take effect.

Ah, so Ishida is on Ichigo's side, because GINJOU cut him, not Tsukishima.

I'm going to read that chapter again:
http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/429/18
and
http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/429/19
We don't see his face, but his clothes show that it's Tsukishima.

Okay, so Tsukishima and Ginjou were on the same side. Then Tsukishima cut Ginjou so that Tsukishima is seen as the enemy (probably to all of XCution). He then cut him again, and took himself out/restored what it actually was.

I don't quite see how this turns Ichigo from enemy to ally, unless it's something that Tsukishima said.

Now we just need to know why Ginjou hates Ichigo. Probably goes back to Isshin, somehow.

It's all very confusing, and I don't think even Kubo himself understand it all properly. Something tells me someone will come and explain everything clearly.

Math is my best academic subject. I got a 740 on the Math SAT too. (You score 300-800 and 700s are considered really good, with 500s being around average, and anything lower is below average.) I'm actually a good math student when I'm not distracted. LOL I also taught myself multiplication and division in the second and third grade, because my old school had extremely poor academics. When I transferred in the fourth grade, I was put in a fifth grade math class, despite my old school's crappy teachings. By the way, I'm going to art school, so that's a given. I've always had a sense for that stuff.
Ah, didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
again, i lied. this story is 4 chapters long. anyway here is chapter three. i await ya'lls feedback !

Chapter 3

“Wait, so you are telling me that there was a serum that you inject for healing, so there was an alternative to that lip balm that you used on me?” Kida demanded. She blushed slightly as she said it. Narcisse just smiled.Kida smacked him at the back of the head.

“By the way, I am going to have to make you a new headband since you broke yours, but happily, the beacon worked,” Narcisse commented. The headband he had given Kida was not just a limit on her spiritual pressure, but if she broke it, it served as a beacon to call Narcisse, no matter where he was, and alert him of her position.

“Actually, I would prefer a choker, or something along those lines,” She responded. When she realised he was not really paying attention, she pulled him against a tree and whispered seductively in his ear, “imagine me wearing a choker, so tight around my neck... and just imagine pulling and me screaming. Out of pain, pleasure, or both, you will never know....”

Narcisse’s lips went dry, and he nodded in compliance. Kida smirked, she could always get her way with him.

“Everyone stop,” Narcisse suddenly ordered. ILP, who had been leading, turned around in surprise. He was about to say something along the lines of they needed to hurry up when Narcisse cut him off.

“Whoever is behind this entire kidnapping operation knows us well. He or she knows our strengths and weaknesses. Did anyone not think it was odd how we got divided? How Rex somehow got a woman with sound abilities that cancel out his own, how Kida had to face two opponents with identical powers that gave them ultimate attack form? and how their first instinct was to kill me off before even making their presence noticeable?” Narcisee pointed out.

Everyone suddenly started thinking back to their battles, and they began to wonder.

“By the way, how did you survive being stabbed?” Kida asked.

“He was testing a prototype that we had come up with together. It is a stab-proof vest. The zanpaktou or whatever will be transported into another dimension, and then back on the other side of the wearer, making it look and feel as if they had gotten stabbed, but in reality, nothing has happened to them,” ILP explained

“Can we all get one of those?” Rex asked. ILP shook his head.

“Narcisse and I only made one,”

“Rex, you can have mine. Maybe it will prevent you from calling out bankai in the next fight...” Narcisse snickered while handing him what looked like a silky black tank top. Rex blushed at Narcisse’s jab.

Rex looked like a semi-tarzan. ILP had sewed together a few large leaves to fashion a kilt for Rex, and now that he wore the stab-proof vest, he looked like a man trying to survive in the wild. He now held his zanpaktou in his hand because there was no sheath to put it into.

“I think that whoever we are fighting is part of the gotei 13,” Kida started. Everyone looked at her wide eyed as she continued, “the person knew about my abilities and how to overwhelm me, he or she knew about Rex’s abilities as well, however, they knew to kill you without letting you fight because your abilities are a mystery. I became a captain through the captain exam where I revealed by shikai, bankai and underwent a test. ILP did the same. Rex has used his abilities numerous times, however, Narcisse has always kept his a secret. Other than me, Rex and ILP, no one has ever seen his shikai, and I am the only one who has seen his bankai. That is the only explanation. ILP, if we run into the kid who was chasing you, you cannot fight him. Leave him to me or Narcisse,”

The invincible family continued on their way to the main city in this grey land, remaining on their guard the entire time.

“I can sense her! She is somewhere behind this clearing!” ILP gave a sigh of relief and smiled. The smile disappeared almost instantly as he collapsed suddenly. Kida was instantly by his side, nestling him in her breasts once more. It still did not appeal to ILP.

“I am sorry, I felt an overwhelming spiritual pressure that almost choked me,” ILP gasped.

“Who on earth could have enough of a spiritual energy to overwhelm a captain class soul reaper? Especially one with royal blood?” Narcisse wondered outloud.

“YOU ARE STILL ALIVE?” ILP’s opponent appeared out of nowhere. He looked furious, and short.

“I just want to pinch his cheeks so badly,” Narcisse chuckled. The kid flash stepped next to Narcisse and attempted to slash him. Narcisse was already behind the kid patting him on the head.

“Good try,” Narcisse jeered.

“You guys go ahead, I will take care of this kid,” Rex said. He needed to redeem himself, and he would beat this kid.

“Are you sure?” Kida asked sweetly.

“Ofcourse he is,” Narcisse said and walked away. ILP quickly took the lead again. Kida smiled and waved, and followed.

-

“Do you think he will win?” ILP asked.

“No clue, but we should give him the chance too right?” Narcisse responded. “Do you guys feel that?”

“Yeah,” Kida and ILP said in unison. They immediately stopped walking and stood shoulder to shoulder with each other. What seemed like over one hundred people appeared, completely surrounding them. Kida licked her lips, this battle would be delicious. ILP looked irritated, he had someone he needed to save. He did not have time for this.

“Hunt, Ryookami,” Kida commanded as she pulled her zanpaktou out of her scabbard. It took its giant paint brush form once more. She drew the symbol for Earth. A green apparition of a dragon-wolf hybrid appeared and painted the symbol in the air, and suddenly the ground trembled in anticipation.

“I don’t have time for this. Silence the eternal pain, Kagirinai-Kuuhaku!” ILP called out. In its sheathed form, it took on a dagger shape, which he had chained and wore around his neck, like a necklace. When he pulled out the dagger and released it, one’s eyes got blurry as they gazed upon him, but when one rubbed their eyes and focused, he held two daggers, one in each arm, They morphed, changing shape into two mini-scythes.

Narcisse simply stood still.

The crowd of men charged in at the same time from all directions.

“Hado number eighty-eight, Hiryugekizokushintenraiho,” Narcisse said. A giant blast of elecrtical energy exploded out of his sleeve taking out a large number of the men.

“Ropes of Earth,” Kida commanded. Vines shot out from the ground, creating a web that entangled a lot of the assailants.

ILP simply ran through the crowd of people rushing towards him, deflecting with either one of his blades any kicks, punches or slashes that were aimed at him. Narcisse noticed some people shrinking, some weapons shrinking, some people unable to lift their weapons because they became heavier... the effects alone were incapacitating the men. In mere seconds, ILP was out of sight. He was off to find her...

“I see about ten people running away...” Kida commented. Narcissus smiled. She resheathed her zanpaktou and she and Narcisse walked away trying to follow ILP’s trail.

-

“I hear you are a kendo expert,” The kid said.

“Yeah,” Rex replied, remaining on his guard. He could not lose this battle. “My name is Rex Trainer, what is yours?”

“My name is Dan Oni,” the kid replied. Rex took a close look at the kid, noting the white hair, the pale grey eyes, the pale skin... he was fighting an albino.The kid may have been in black and white, but Rex’s eyes had adjusted and compensated for the lack of colour.

“Please do not underestimate me,” the kid said, spotting the look of pity Rex had given him.

“I won’t,” Rex said.

Dan suddenly appeared next to him, slashing Rex, however, nothing happened to Rex. The stab-proof vest was working. Rex smiled, it was time to retaliate. He used the kid’s surprise to his advantage and attempted to slash off an arm. The kid jumped away, while receiving a gash to his upper shoulder.

“Why did my zanpaktou not cut through you?” The kid asked. Rex remembered advice that both Narcisse and ILP had told him: Never reveal your secrets. Rex chose not to reply.

“Strike and burst, Bakugeki Kakuhan!” Rex called. As his zanpaktou turned into its yo-yo form, Dan had already flash stepped behind him and attempted to stab him again. As the katana pierced though the stab-proof vest and appeared to go through Rex, he smiled triumphantly. Rex simply used the moment to wrap one of his yo-yo’s around the kids neck and whip him away.

Dan smashed onto the ground, his back arched in pain.

“Spirits devour his flesh, rise from the dead Kanabo!” Dan screamed. The background was filled wirh drum beats, the forest had become dark and eerie. Rex’s heart had started beating along with the pace of each drum beat. No visible changes happened to Dan’s zanpaktou, however, Rex could feel a change in the air. He suddenly jumped aside as a giant club materialised out of thin air and smashed where he had been mere miliseconds before.

Rex jumped again as an ancient chinese dragon materialised and charged at him. Out of nowhere, a crying woman appeared, and the temperature dropped into the negatives. Rex begain to shiver, especially because he was wearing so little.

Dan was the perfect match for ILP. Since none of his attacks were physical, but all spiritual, ILP would have been powerless against him. Rex knew he should aim to fight the boy, and ignore the apparitions.

“Exploding barrage!” Rex called out. His yo-yo’s extended towards Dan’s position exploding each time they connected with something. A rock, the ground.... Rex kept up the attack, making Dan keep running for his safety.

The apparition of the weeping woman looked up, and the temperature reached arctic cold. Rex’s entire body felt numb, and he started to feel hypothermia set on.

He aimed for a tree and as one of his yo-yo’s exploaded against a tree, it caught fire, giving him some warmth. He then saw a giant spider running towards him, trying to bite him. He jumped out of the way, and as soon as the spider disappeared, a gigantic demon started standing up, and in its hand was a large club. Lava poured out of its mouth, scorching the ground.

“Holy ****” Rex gaped.

-

Narcisse and Kida had found their way to a large castle with an enourmous front door that had been blown open. They walked through and saw a lot of deformed guards, a tell-tale sign that ILP had ran through here. They followed the trail of unconscious deformed bodies till they reached another enormous door taht had been blown open.

“ILP!” Kida cried when she saw him laying on the ground, completely knocked out.

“I have been waiting for you two,” a very familiar voice said. Kida and Narcisse turned around to see the giant doors close, trapping them in the room. As they glaced up and down, side to side, to find the source of the voice, a crack of lightning lit up the now dark room, revealing an extremely familiar face.

“CAPTAIN COMMANDER GOLDE???” they shrieked.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
WHAT A TWIST!! 8D
I used Youtube becasue I couldn't find a good enough gif.
M. Night Shyamalan, eat your ****ing heart out.

I think this is just what this arc need to become interesting again!
The next chapter cannot come soon enough.

Okay, so Tsukishima and Ginjou were on the same side. Then Tsukishima cut Ginjou so that Tsukishima is seen as the enemy (probably to all of XCution). He then cut him again, and took himself out/restored what it actually was.
Actually, you just cleared up a bit of the plot for me. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
again, i lied. this story is 4 chapters long. anyway here is chapter three. i await ya'lls feedback !
Something tells me that this story will actually last 7 chapters long.
“Actually, I would prefer a choker, or something along those lines,” She responded. When she realised he was not really paying attention, she pulled him against a tree and whispered seductively in his ear, “imagine me wearing a choker, so tight around my neck... and just imagine pulling and me screaming. Out of pain, pleasure, or both, you will never know....”

Narcisse’s lips went dry, and he nodded in compliance. Kida smirked, she could always get her way with him.
Called it
“He was testing a prototype that we had come up with together. It is a stab-proof vest. The zanpaktou or whatever will be transported into another dimension, and then back on the other side of the wearer, making it look and feel as if they had gotten stabbed, but in reality, nothing has happened to them,” ILP explained
>Dimension
"The whatever will "enter" the vest, and "exit" on the opposite side, without ever passing through whatever's inbetween, making it look like it went through the wearer, though it actually didn't."
“Who on earth could have enough of a spiritual energy to overwhelm a captain class soul reaper? Especially one with royal blood?” Narcisse wondered outloud.
Who else, of course, besides THE Head Captain!!!!
“I don’t have time for this. Since the eternal pain, Kagirinai-Kuuhaku!” ILP called out.
Since the eternal pain?
I might just VM you all the mistakes to fix, like this.
ILP simply ran through the crowd of people rushing towards him, deflecting with either one of his blades any kicks, punches or slashes that were aimed at him. Narcisse noticed some people shrinking, some weapons shrinking, some people unable to lift their weapons because they became heavier... the effects alone were incapacitating the men. In mere seconds, ILP was out of sight. He was off to find her...
I like this description.
Dan was the perfect match for ILP. Since none of his attacks were physical, but all spiritual, ILP would have been powerless against him. Rex knew he should aim to fight the boy, and ignore the apparitions.
Except that I know kidou, and my ability affects myself, as well.
This.... Should be interesting.
Actually, you just cleared up a bit of the plot for me. Thank you. :)
I'm probably wrong somehow, though.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
@ilp: I believe it's just called bleach, I can't necessarily remember considering I saw it in a nintendo power magazine, then recently I played a demo

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
So Ginjou gets cut, and it takes some time for Tsukishima's ability to take effect.

Nah, that was just Ginjou playing at being his ally. In reality, the minute he got cut, he bacame Ichigo's enemy

Ah, so Ishida is on Ichigo's side, because GINJOU cut him, not Tsukishima.

I'm going to read that chapter again:
http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/429/18
and
http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/429/19
We don't see his face, but his clothes show that it's Tsukishima.

People can wear different clothes, you know.

I don't quite see how this turns Ichigo from enemy to ally, unless it's something that Tsukishima said.

Because, at the very beginning, all of XCution were on Tsukishima's side, and thus Ichigo's enemy. When he cut them, he replaced their memories with ones that would make him their enemy. Finally, Tsukishima's second cut rewrote their memories to match the ones at the beginning. Although, in all honesty, who knows who was on what side to begin with when you have a power like this in play. Tsukishima's ability is honestly even more haxy than Aizen's, if you ask me. Sure, Aizen's ability can make you completely useless against him in a fight, but Tsukishima's powers can make you fight for him. At least Tsukishima isn't nearly as powerful as Aizen was, but I'd honestly rather take my chances with Aizen than fight Tsukishima's Fullbring, since it might still be possible to beat Aizen somehow. You can't win if the person you were fighting suddenly becomes your ally and friend :/

Now we just need to know why Ginjou hates Ichigo. Probably goes back to Isshin, somehow.

Maybe he doesn't. Maybe this isn't the second, but the third time Tsukishima used his powers on Ginjou and the others. But yeah, you're probably right. Maybe Ichigo won't be the one to save the day this time?

It's all very confusing, and I don't think even Kubo himself understand it all properly. Something tells me someone will come and explain everything clearly.

Ohai.

Bold in comments.

My interest in the manga has been rekindled.

New Topic:

Which member of the Bleach Club do you think would make the best villain? If you feel so inclined, make a list and tell us why.

Note that all of this is glorified, to make us seem more evil/villianous. And the second second sentence/part for each of our introductions is a sort of tagline, just because I'm bored.

1.) Zameric. I know, I know, "WHAAAAAAT?!", but I've got three very compelling reasons for picking Zam. Do not mess with his hat. You have been warned.

a) He has a cool hat. Serious awesomeness/badassery points there.

b) His Shikai is incredibly haxxy if you choose to read it that way. Since he can summon an infinite number of blades, he can potentially cut off all possible avenues of escape for his opponents (creating multiple layers of swords around his opponents so even if they evade one layer they get caught by the next five or more). He could assassinate someone who was far away, since he can create portals from anywhere (i.e. create a portal from behind someone and send the blade into their skull from behind, killing them instantly). Or (and this is if he REALLY wanted to be haxxy), he could summon blades from every square inch of the battlefield except those that could possibly bypass the other blades and kill him, automatically smiting every opponent within range. He can even bypass defensive barriers. And here's the worst one: he can create a portal inside your body and kill you in a completely unavoidable manner. Literally nobody, not even ILP, can avoid death by Zameric's Shikai if he chooses to use it like that, unless ILP would try to reverse time for his injury, but then I'm pretty sure he'd run out of reiatsu waaaaaay before Zameric would and the sword would still be in his body.

c) His Bankai is always an OHKO, if not instant death. If you get caught, you die, it's that simple.

This is alll pretty ironic, because he's actually the weakest Captain if you go by Battle Data Charts.

2.) ILP. This should be obvious; it's hardly rocket science until he gets involved.

a) Piccolo: NERD! Automatic Xanatos Gambits x100.

b) Freaking Temporal/Spatial manipulation. You literally can't beat him unless you have some way to deal with that or you stop him by breaking his Zanpaktou/touching it before he releases.

c) Always will have some sort of contingency plan or backup even if you find a way around his Zanpaktou.

3.) Against the grain on this one, me. Don't run, don't hide, don't try to fight. Just accept your fate.

a) My Zanpaktou is unbelieveably haxxy if you choose to read it that way. Think of it this way, Bankai is usually five to ten times stronger than Shikai. In terms of my Zanpaktou, my Shikai is already on the level of some Bankai, since it's ten times enhancement to all of my physical/spiritual faculties except for Kidou. Now, my Bankai follows the normal trend of a Bankai, it's ten times stronger than my Shikai. In effect, my power is 100 times the level of what it was before I released Shikai. If you think of it like this (Shikai x2, Bankai x5), most Shinigami only get 10 times their original strength (i.e. the level of my Shikai if they were as strong as me to begin with). More powerful ones (Shikai x5, Bankai x10) are 50 times their original strength. That still makes me twice the level of even the strongest Shinigami if you choose to read it as such (roughly on par with the Head Captain). There's a damn good reason it has such a debilitating and horrific drawback, else I'd be Golde's equal in straight combat (and that doesn't count me fighting dirty or out-strategizing him).

And you people just thought I was being masochistic, sheesh.

b) Strategy is my bread and butter. Quite honestly, since ILP admitted that I'm a better battle strategist than him and I beat Kusari (who was the other major competitor) in a PASBL match, I might be the best strategist in the club (note the emphasis on might) (Dauc, don't take this as an open invitation to claim the title for yourself, I was actually thinking of Rotrum). You'd all be confused out of your wits and questioning if I was truly the enemy or not until it was too late.

c) I know/am friends with most of the newer members, so I'd command a lot of loyalty/hesitance to fight me from that quarter, in addition to having one Captain as a mentor and another as a former subordinate. In fact, I think only three Captain-class fighters would be able to take me on without a smidge of hesitation. Golde, Dauc, and Flash. Oh hey, look at that, the most inactive Captain-class people!

I totally did not plan this, by the way.

d) There are only four members who I would truly hesitate to kill: Kida, Blue, Kai, and MC. The rest are fair game, even if I had to kill them in cold blood.

4.) Kusari. Lazy evildoer strikes even while napping :p

a) Very, very powerful dual-elemental Zanpaktou. It's not easy to fight near-invisible wind blades while being blinded by lightning every two seconds.

b) An excellent battle strategist, more or less exactly on par with me and ILP.

c) As shown in all his fanfics, he knows how to be an epic villain.

d) Quite honestly, I think his lazyness is somewhat faked/embellished. He's too active, too hardworking, too cool, and too skilled to be truly lazy. He's Shikamaru's type of lazy; lazy only because nothing challenges him.

5.) Kida. Let the howls of the gathered echo through the hills.

a) Quite honestly, I don't think anyone would want to fight her. Half of us are scared of her. The other half wouldn't be able to believe that she'd gone rogue (actually, I think almost all of us wouldn't be able to believe it; I sure wouldn't). None of us would be able to put our full effort into it even if we did fight her, and she'd be able to take advantage of that.

b) Her abilities, while not exceptionally dangerous, are still powerful and not to be underestimated. Mess around with her, and she'll paint you a new asshole.

c) Next to Golde, she's the most experienced Captain. That in itself speaks volumes.

d) Not saying I would, but if Kida did go rogue, I might follow her if she had a compelling reason to do so. Why? Because she's pack. That's a bond that goes beyond friendship and in some respects is stronger than even the ties of blood or duty or battle. I'm loyal to a fault, and there's not much I wouldn't do for a packmate.

6.) Dauc. He doesn't even need venom, he can poison you with his arrogance alone.

a) Supremely arrogant. Practically a perfect trait for a villain.

b) Dangerous Zanpaktou abilities, especially his Bankai for straight men/gay women. Poison is also an ability you'd probably find a villain of some sort using.

c) Intelligent. His arrogace somewhat detracts from this, but it could also cause us to underestimate him.

d) The only reason he's #6 instead of #4 or #5 is because I don't think too many of us would have qualms about turning against him (hell, some of us would probably even enjoy it).

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
ILP said:
I had a feeling you'd go for PE (we don't have weight training, at least not in my/most schools. I'd probably have just categorised that under PE anyway).

My old High School Weight Training teachers also taught P.E, so it works out.

“Wait, so you are telling me that there was a serum that you inject for healing, so there was an alternative to that lip balm that you used on me?” Kida demanded. She blushed slightly as she said it. Narcisse just smiled.Kida smacked him at the back of the head.

Ha.

Ha, again.

“Can we all get one of those?” Rex asked. ILP shook his head.

Well, thats convenient.

“Rex, you can have mine. Maybe it will prevent you from calling out bankai in the next fight...” Narcisse snickered while handing him what looked like a silky black tank top. Rex blushed at Narcisse’s jab.

Damn, just when I thought I could get away from it.

Rex looked like a semi-tarzan. ILP had sewed together a few large leaves to fashion a kilt for Rex, and now that he wore the stab-proof vest, he looked like a man trying to survive in the wild. He now held his zanpaktou in his hand because there was no sheath to put it into.

What, no boxer-briefs in the spiritual world? It would of matched better than a loin-cloth made of a leaves

“I think that whoever we are fighting is part of the gotei 13,” Kida started. Everyone looked at her wide eyed as she continued, “the person knew about my abilities and how to overwhelm me, he or she knew about Rex’s abilities as well, however, they knew to kill you without letting you fight because your abilities are a mystery. I became a captain through the captain exam where I revealed by shikai, bankai and underwent a test. ILP did the same. Rex has used his abilities numerous times, however, Narcisse has always kept his a secret. Other than me, Rex and ILP, no one has ever seen his shikai, and I am the only one who has seen his bankai. That is the only explanation. ILP, if we run into the kid who was chasing you, you cannot fight him. Leave him to me or Narcisse,”

Who indeed?

“You guys go ahead, I will take care of this kid,” Rex said. He needed to redeem himself, and he would beat this kid.

“Are you sure?” Kida asked sweetly.

“Of course he is,” Narcisse said and walked away. ILP quickly took the lead again. Kida smiled and waved, and followed.

I really do need this.
-

“Yeah,” Kida and ILP said in unison. They immediately stopped walking and stood shoulder to shoulder with each other. What seemed like over one hundred people appeared, completely surrounding them. Kida licked her lips, this battle would be delicious. ILP looked irritated, he had someone he needed to save. He did not have time for this.

Even they agree.

Narcisse simply stood still.

So lazy.

I can hear the screams

-

“I hear you are a kendo expert,” The kid said.

If I'm a kendo master, then why do I look so inexperienced?

“Spirits devour his flesh, rise from the dead Kanabo!” Dan screamed. The background was filled wirh drum beats, the forest had become dark and eerie. Rex’s heart had started beating along with the pace of each drum beat. No visible changes happened to Dan’s zanpaktou, however, Rex could feel a change in the air. He suddenly jumped aside as a giant club materialised out of thin air and smashed where he had been mere miliseconds before.

My bankai is based on a Kanabo too. Giant Club v. Giant Club.

Rex jumped again as an ancient chinese dragon materialised and charged at him. Out of nowhere, a crying woman appeared, and the temperature dropped into the negatives. Rex begain to shiver, especially because he was wearing so little.

“Exploding barrage!” Rex called out. His yo-yo’s extended towards Dan’s position exploding each time they connected with something. A rock, the ground.... Rex kept up the attack, making Dan keep running for his safety.

The apparition of the weeping woman looked up, and the temperature reached arctic cold. Rex’s entire body felt numb, and he started to feel hypothermia set on.

He aimed for a tree and as one of his yo-yo’s exploaded against a tree, it caught fire, giving him some warmth. He then saw a giant spider running towards him, trying to bite him. He jumped out of the way, and as soon as the spider disappeared, a gigantic demon started standing up, and in its hand was a large club. Lava poured out of its mouth, scorching the ground.

“Holy ****” Rex gaped.

Holy **** indeed.

-

“I have been waiting for you two,” a very familiar voice said. Kida and Narcisse turned around to see the giant doors close, trapping them in the room. As they glaced up and down, side to side, to find the source of the voice, a crack of lightning lit up the now dark room, revealing an extremely familiar face.

OMG!?!?!?!

arceus03

Sup people me is back XD
Well, you either giggled or facepalm, either way, everything went JUST AS PLANNED.

I did neither. I lol'd. XP

*sigh* I need to do something, looks like this club has been pretty queit as of late, everyone away on holiday I suppose.

What about our sprites you wanted to make? XD

facepalm_implied_super.jpg

That. Demot. Is. Win.

You... Already have 2 incomplete fics...

Actually, including this one he's working on which is originally supposed to be 2 chapters but actually 3 but then actually 4, he's got 5 unfinished fics. I know, because I label all untitled fanfics as fanfic_*writer's name*. XD Yeah, I got most of the fanfics that was written by... nearly everyone, I believe. XD expect rotrum, because most of his fics are one chapters that I cbb to hold on XD

What makes you still care about the Anime or Manga?

Unohana. I wanna see her bankai/fight. That, I believe, is the sole reason I keep on with Bleach now. >.> And the other Captains' bankai as well.

If you were teaching the Bleach crew in a fanfiction (a normal school, not the academy), what would your primary and secondary subjects be?

I have an idea for some of your Primary subjects, but I want to hear from you guys first.

I'd like to hear your idea about mine. XD

Mine would probably be Biology. I would also teach Computer Programming (it's quite an interesting subject XD) but my knowledge in that field is minimal, since I only attended summer class for Computer Programming I, so it's like the most basic knowledge. XD

Aaaaaand if any character is interested, I can also teach Arabic. XD Though I prefer the syntax compared to the communication. I.e I suck at memorizing new words but I effing love studying the grammar/techniques/language stuff like idioms etc.

Math is my best academic subject. I got a 740 on the Math SAT too.

Woah. I only got 660. XD Though I did get 780 once on a trial test :p My interest in math is... okay, but it's not enough to turn me into a nerd. XD SAT Math is fine. Calculus I just freaks me out. o.o Well not freak out, but yeah. I had to study it while in the middle of a very hectic semester, and I didn't get to do too many practice. I did get B+ (which the mark range is around 85-89, IIRC), but still.. My memory of Calculus I is very shaky. XD I so am going to die when I start Calculus II soon x.x

Something tells me that this story will actually last 7 chapters long.

XD

New Topic:

Which member of the Bleach Club do you think would make the best villain? If you feel so inclined, make a list and tell us why.

1.) Zameric. I know, I know, "WHAAAAAAT?!", but I've got three very compelling reasons for picking Zam. Do not mess with his hat. You have been warned.

c) His Bankai is always an OHKO, if not instant death. If you get caught, you die, it's that simple.

You have that much time huh? XD

btw, I'm immune to Zam's bankai, provided I released first. His shikai is still hard to fight though. o.o

Okay... Time to read the manga. XD

[spoil]End of All Bonds. Well isn't that neat

>.>

<.<

I'm only interested in one thing right now. Motive. As ILPy said, it probably would go back to Isshin. Maybe Isshin caused the Hollow to chase after Ginjou's mom, or something, or whatever.

... How many chapters now since we last saw the shinigami who was with Urahara and Isshin, anyway?

Eon Master said:
Because, at the very beginning, all of XCution were on Tsukishima's side, and thus Ichigo's enemy. When he cut them, he replaced their memories with ones that would make him their enemy. Finally, Tsukishima's second cut rewrote their memories to match the ones at the beginning.

That pretty much clears it up. Thanks very much XD This means that Yukio is originally on the bad side. Shame. I liked him. Though I thought he said his ability was to 'insert' himself, not replace the memories? He could have been lying though. Meh, whatever.

Eon Master said:
Although, in all honesty, who knows who was on what side to begin with when you have a power like this in play.

Tsukishima himself forgot. I'd bet that. XD Orrrr maybe he cut himself to make him believe that he somehow bears a grudge with Ichigo/Isshin, just out of boredom.

Mangareader's first page translation of Ichigo's dialog bubble was win. XD[/spoil]

Last edited:
@ilp: I believe it's just called bleach, I can't necessarily remember considering I saw it in a nintendo power magazine, then recently I played a demo
Hmm... Looks like research time!
Eon Master said:
Nah, that was just Ginjou playing at being his ally. In reality, the minute he got cut, he bacame Ichigo's enemy
That could also work. But do we know for certain that Tsukishima's abilities happen instantly?
Eon Master said:
People can wear different clothes, you know.
That's just weird.
Eon Master said:
Because, at the very beginning, all of XCution were on Tsukishima's side, and thus Ichigo's enemy. When he cut them, he replaced their memories with ones that would make him their enemy. Finally, Tsukishima's second cut rewrote their memories to match the ones at the beginning. Although, in all honesty, who knows who was on what side to begin with when you have a power like this in play. Tsukishima's ability is honestly even more haxy than Aizen's, if you ask me. Sure, Aizen's ability can make you completely useless against him in a fight, but Tsukishima's powers can make you fight for him. At least Tsukishima isn't nearly as powerful as Aizen was, but I'd honestly rather take my chances with Aizen than fight Tsukishima's Fullbring, since it might still be possible to beat Aizen somehow. You can't win if the person you were fighting suddenly becomes your ally and friend :/

Hmm, makes sense.
Eon Master said:
XD

...Too lazy XD. Not surprisingly, I agree with most, if not all of your list anyway. It seems like we do have a sort-of balance between things like stats, zanpakutou ability, and shinigami experience/ability (or soome similar categories).
He can throw the hat and slice people's heads off >8D btw Zam, I added blades to the edges of your hat. Be careful.

b) His Shikai is incredibly haxxy if you choose to read it that way.
I'm sure a lot of us can add or take away haxiness depending on how we read description, but I agree with the rest that I snipped out. He definitely has a powerful zanpakutou.
2.) ILP. This should be obvious; it's hardly rocket science until he gets involved.
*Evil laugh*
I've been practicing.
...No, I'm pretty sure it's just that.
b) Strategy is my bread and butter. Quite honestly, since ILP admitted that I'm a better battle strategist than him and I beat Kusari (who was the other major competitor) in a PASBL match, I might be the best strategist in the club (note the emphasis on might) (Dauc, don't take this as an open invitation to claim the title for yourself, I was actually thinking of Rotrum). You'd all be confused out of your wits and questioning if I was truly the enemy or not until it was too late.
I still need to play you in a chess game. In this club, Arc can beat me pretty easily, to be honest. So if you include that in as well, he's a great strategist.
In fact, I think only three Captain-class fighters would be able to take me on without a smidge of hesitation. Golde, Dauc, and Flash. Oh hey, look at that, the most inactive Captain-class people!

Everything didn't go according to plan?
Aww...
d) Quite honestly, I think his lazyness is somewhat faked/embellished. He's too active, too hardworking, too cool, and too skilled to be truly lazy. He's Shikamaru's type of lazy; lazy only because nothing challenges him.
I'm pretty sure a lot of lazy smart guys are like that. That's why I really think that Shunsui is one of the most dangerous character in Bleach.

d) The only reason he's #6 instead of #4 or #5 is because I don't think too many of us would have qualms about turning against him (hell, some of us would probably even enjoy it).
I know I would >8D What, scientist versus scientist is always fun!

Well, thats convenient.
One of the things about having scientists. You can, to some extent, say "I planned this from the start!" or "I had a back up to this!" and get away with it, at least more times than most people.

I can hear the screams
So can I 8D
Looks like Blue's getting to me.
If I'm a kendo master, then why do I look so inexperienced?
Well, Kendo is short-ranged, correct? It's all about the way you use the sword. Against your first opponent, we didn't know when you released (since you were already in shikai from when he wrote it), and against Dan, you released very early. Kendo doesn't work very well on yo-yos, unless I'm mistaken?
Plus, your first opponent was meant to be strong against you, and Dan is meant to be good against close-range fighters like me (hence why he's so long range, and doesn't go into actual combat himself, unless I'm mistaken?)

Sup people me is back XD
Yay~
I did neither. I lol'd. XP
Counts under giggling.

Actually, including this one he's working on which is originally supposed to be 2 chapters but actually 3 but then actually 4, he's got 5 unfinished fics. I know, because I label all untitled fanfics as fanfic_*writer's name*. XD Yeah, I got most of the fanfics that was written by... nearly everyone, I believe. XD expect rotrum, because most of his fics are one chapters that I cbb to hold on XD
Really? 8O
damnit, now I want that data!
I'd like to hear your idea about mine. XD

Mine would probably be Biology. I would also teach Computer Programming (it's quite an interesting subject XD) but my knowledge in that field is minimal, since I only attended summer class for Computer Programming I, so it's like the most basic knowledge. XD

Aaaaaand if any character is interested, I can also teach Arabic. XD Though I prefer the syntax compared to the communication. I.e I suck at memorizing new words but I effing love studying the grammar/techniques/language stuff like idioms etc.
Your first subject would be, yes, Biology. After that, though, I wasn't too sure, so I made you the school doctor/nurse. What, it works...
Hmmm... I've always wanted to learn things like arabic grammar. At the very least, I can read Quranic Arabic.

[spoil]
... How many chapters now since we last saw the shinigami who was with Urahara and Isshin, anyway?[/spoil]
I may be mistaken, but chapter 454 (4 chapters ago) was the last time we saw them. Though I may have missed a later chapter.

VizardBlue

no, you are dead.
WHAT WAS THIS ABOUT ME BEING A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS?​

isweartogodiwillkillyouall

*cough*
Well, im reading through all the chapter's as i go, trying to catch up, I like how they had product placement for the PSP. The fast forward feature reminded me of the..**** what was it called? The chamber from Dragon Ball Z. When it showed the true ability of Tshukishima, I liked it. It's not exactly as godmoddy as Aizen's, but still has potential has "EVIL VILLAIN HAHAHA IM SO EVIL AND SUAVE AND I HAVE VAGUE REASONS FOR DOING WHAT IM DOING. FEAR MY VAGUENESS AND LACK OF PERSONALITY." I particularly liked the Jackpot Knuckle fullbring, probably something to do with me liking any weapon that has probabilitys. I liked Vriska's dice from Homestuck, The Legendary Gambler yugioh card, etc etc. hfa;lfa;s, When the whole "got cut twice" ******** came up, i just kind of went with the "oh. okay" approach. It's Kubo, afterall. Welp, Ichigo has just been stabbed through the chest once again. Let's check out the new power, shall we?

Last edited:

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
I know I would >8D What, scientist versus scientist is always fun!
haha, i agree, it would be interesting

One of the things about having scientists. You can, to some extent, say "I planned this from the start!" or "I had a back up to this!" and get away with it, at least more times than most people.
hehe :) it makes being a scientist fun :)

Well, Kendo is short-ranged, correct? It's all about the way you use the sword. Against your first opponent, we didn't know when you released (since you were already in shikai from when he wrote it), and against Dan, you released very early. Kendo doesn't work very well on yo-yos, unless I'm mistaken?
Plus, your first opponent was meant to be strong against you, and Dan is meant to be good against close-range fighters like me (hence why he's so long range, and doesn't go into actual combat himself, unless I'm mistaken?)
you are 100% correct
6.) Dauc. He doesn't even need venom, he can poison you with his arrogance alone.

b) Dangerous Zanpaktou abilities, especially his Bankai for straight men/gay women. Poison is also an ability you'd probably find a villain of some sort using.

c) Intelligent. His arrogace somewhat detracts from this, but it could also cause us to underestimate him.

sadly enough i agree, i would make an excellent villain, especially since i dont have a high level of selflessness. you did forget one other important reason as to why i would make an excellent villain: i like to keep secrets :)

b) His Shikai is incredibly haxxy if you choose to read it that way. Since he can summon an infinite number of blades, he can potentially cut off all possible avenues of escape for his opponents (creating multiple layers of swords around his opponents so even if they evade one layer they get caught by the next five or more). He could assassinate someone who was far away, since he can create portals from anywhere (i.e. create a portal from behind someone and send the blade into their skull from behind, killing them instantly). Or (and this is if he REALLY wanted to be haxxy), he could summon blades from every square inch of the battlefield except those that could possibly bypass the other blades and kill him, automatically smiting every opponent within range. He can even bypass defensive barriers. And here's the worst one: he can create a portal inside your body and kill you in a completely unavoidable manner. Literally nobody, not even ILP, can avoid death by Zameric's Shikai if he chooses to use it like that, unless ILP would try to reverse time for his injury, but then I'm pretty sure he'd run out of reiatsu waaaaaay before Zameric would and the sword would still be in his body.

this is why science is fun hehe....
ILP or me could use the power of science to win :D

but yehh, based on zanpaktou alone, fighting zam would be interesting....

a) Quite honestly, I don't think anyone would want to fight her. Half of us are scared of her. The other half wouldn't be able to believe that she'd gone rogue (actually, I think almost all of us wouldn't be able to believe it; I sure wouldn't). None of us would be able to put our full effort into it even if we did fight her, and she'd be able to take advantage of that.
if NL went evil, I would totally join her side :D its what good husbands do, support their wifeys

so my response to who would make the best villain here:
my honest answer? Arceus.

my reasoning is simple. Arceus is the type of person who could have minions easily, and many loyally dying for him, and one , when fighting one of arceus' minions would have to make sure he is truly dead or Arc will simply heal him. Also he has a zanpaktou that is capable of ultimate defense, making him almost impossible to kill. it also has some extremely cruel moves, it being a body of water and all, that Arceus can exploit. Also, Arc is one of the nicest members in the club, and as one can tell from almost every cartoon, movie and animé, that its always the nice people that make the worst villains.... the mean people almost always end up being the good guys (look at Gin, and how everyone suspected him, yet it turns out he was a good guy, compared to tousen and aizen who people genuinely loved and cared about). Because Aizen and Tousen were so loved, it made it so hard for people to fight them whole heartedly.

how about a damsel in THIS DRESS :D

Last edited:

isweartogodiwillkillyouall
Good ol' Blue.
I like how Da.c completely ignored this XD
Or, well, he did, but I think he editted his post after

The fast forward feature reminded me of the..**** what was it called? The chamber from Dragon Ball Z.

I particularly liked the Jackpot Knuckle fullbring, probably something to do with me liking any weapon that has probabilitys. I liked Vriska's dice from Homestuck, The Legendary Gambler yugioh card, etc etc. hfa;lfa;s,
[spoil]Room of Spirit of Time, or the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I think it depends on which dubber you used (FUNimation, or Ocean something, I think?)

And interestingly enough, probability is one of those things that humans are pretty bad at, based on intuition. For example, the Monty Python Problem (3 doors, there's a car behind one and goats behind the other two. You pick a door, and the host reveals one of the doors that had a goat, and you're given the chance the swap your door, or keep your door. If you swap there's a 2/3 chance you get the car, if you stick, there's a 1/3 chance you get the car. Weird, eh?)[/spoil]
you are 100% correct
I just realised how many times I said "unless I'm mistaken" in that.

sadly enough i agree, i would make an excellent villain,
Is it sad that you agree, or sad that you would make a good villain?

if NL went evil, I would totally join her side :D its what good husbands do, support their wifeys
...I find myself agreeing with you on that.

Ah, yes, I think Eon made a list before on listing the strongest people in the club, and mentioned things like "if he went evil, we'd be pretty screwed" or something like that. XD

You should've linked to a dress.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
Originally Posted by Da14u.C
how about a damsel in THIS DRESS

I think that may make her more mad

though I believe one of my epilogue chapters of my fic will make her beat my face in through the computer screen

@ilp: I'll try looking for it in my previous issues of nintendo power

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
New Topic:

[spoil]Which member of the Bleach Club do you think would make the best villain? If you feel so inclined, make a list and tell us why.

Note that all of this is glorified, to make us seem more evil/villianous. And the second second sentence/part for each of our introductions is a sort of tagline, just because I'm bored.

a) He has a cool hat. Serious awesomeness/badassery points there.

This is alll pretty ironic, because he's actually the weakest Captain if you go by Battle Data Charts.

a) Piccolo: NERD! Automatic Xanatos Gambits x100.

b) Freaking Temporal/Spatial manipulation. You literally can't beat him unless you have some way to deal with that or you stop him by breaking his Zanpaktou/touching it before he releases.

c) Always will have some sort of contingency plan or backup even if you find a way around his Zanpaktou.

3.) Against the grain on this one, me. Don't run, don't hide, don't try to fight. Just accept your fate.

a) My Zanpaktou is unbelieveably haxxy if you choose to read it that way. Think of it this way, Bankai is usually five to ten times stronger than Shikai. In terms of my Zanpaktou, my Shikai is already on the level of some Bankai, since it's ten times enhancement to all of my physical/spiritual faculties except for Kidou. Now, my Bankai follows the normal trend of a Bankai, it's ten times stronger than my Shikai. In effect, my power is 100 times the level of what it was before I released Shikai. If you think of it like this (Shikai x2, Bankai x5), most Shinigami only get 10 times their original strength (i.e. the level of my Shikai if they were as strong as me to begin with). More powerful ones (Shikai x5, Bankai x10) are 50 times their original strength. That still makes me twice the level of even the strongest Shinigami if you choose to read it as such (roughly on par with the Head Captain). There's a damn good reason it has such a debilitating and horrific drawback, else I'd be Golde's equal in straight combat (and that doesn't count me fighting dirty or out-strategizing him).

c) I know/am friends with most of the newer members, so I'd command a lot of loyalty/hesitance to fight me from that quarter, in addition to having one Captain as a mentor and another as a former subordinate. In fact, I think only three Captain-class fighters would be able to take me on without a smidge of hesitation. Golde, Dauc, and Flash. Oh hey, look at that, the most inactive Captain-class people!

d) There are only four members who I would truly hesitate to kill: Kida, Blue, Kai, and MC. The rest are fair game, even if I had to kill them in cold blood.

4.) Kusari. Lazy evildoer strikes even while napping :p

a) Very, very powerful dual-elemental Zanpaktou. It's not easy to fight near-invisible wind blades while being blinded by lightning every two seconds.

b) An excellent battle strategist, more or less exactly on par with me and ILP.

c) As shown in all his fanfics, he knows how to be an epic villain.

b) Her abilities, while not exceptionally dangerous, are still powerful and not to be underestimated. Mess around with her, and she'll paint you a new asshole.

c) Next to Golde, she's the most experienced Captain. That in itself speaks volumes.

d) Not saying I would, but if Kida did go rogue, I might follow her if she had a compelling reason to do so. Why? Because she's pack. That's a bond that goes beyond friendship and in some respects is stronger than even the ties of blood or duty or battle. I'm loyal to a fault, and there's not much I wouldn't do for a packmate.

d) The only reason he's #6 instead of #4 or #5 is because I don't think too many of us would have qualms about turning against him (hell, some of us would probably even enjoy it).[/spoil]
I love reason a you give for me making a great villain. You just won 100 internetz! 8D

Reason b is pretty accurate. I'm kind of disappointed no one has said anything before...
Though, if a defensive barrier obscured my vision of something, then it would be hard for me to strike around it.
But yeah, I could make a blade appear through your head if I felt like it. >D
My bankai is like Tosen's, take away almost all of your ability to fight back.

Ya know, I should find someone on dA to do a commission of me and Eon.
It'll be a parody of when Gin sneak attacked Aizen. xD
I figured Eon is like Aizen, the master strategist.
And I'm like Gin, the godkilling deceptively deadlier underling. 8D

[spoil]my reasoning is simple. Arceus is the type of person who could have minions easily, and many loyally dying for him, and one , when fighting one of arceus' minions would have to make sure he is truly dead or Arc will simply heal him. Also he has a zanpaktou that is capable of ultimate defense, making him almost impossible to kill. it also has some extremely cruel moves, it being a body of water and all, that Arceus can exploit. Also, Arc is one of the nicest members in the club, and as one can tell from almost every cartoon, movie and animé, that its always the nice people that make the worst villains.... the mean people almost always end up being the good guys (look at Gin, and how everyone suspected him, yet it turns out he was a good guy, compared to tousen and aizen who people genuinely loved and cared about). Because Aizen and Tousen were so loved, it made it so hard for people to fight them whole heartedly.[/spoil]
Pretty good point there. xD

You wanna die?

minchan

konvirt2mudkipizm
Ohh look. Death threats. Wonderful. That's just what I like to see when I come here.

In other news...

[spoil]Who would like to see a fight between Aizen and Tsukishima? Like, full on fight, with all their pawns and whatnot. Granted, Aizen's pawns are all dead, but say they weren't. Well I think it'd be interesting, anyway... Let the bad guys take each other out, and let the good guys live happily ever after.[/spoil]

Well I wanted to change the subject but actually that was a kinda boring hypothetical... Oh well. I kinda just want the next chapter/episode now. I'm very impatient.

I think that may make her more mad
I think that may be the point :p

@ilp: I'll try looking for it in my previous issues of nintendo power
Thanks, I'll browse the internet.
Ya know, I should find someone on dA to do a commission of me and Eon.
It'll be a parody of when Gin sneak attacked Aizen. xD
I figured Eon is like Aizen, the master strategist.
And I'm like Gin, the godkilling deceptively deadlier underling. 8D
Lol, that would be awesome.

Ohh look. Death threats. Wonderful. That's just what I like to see when I come here.
It means the club is back to normal 8D
[spoil]Who would like to see a fight between Aizen and Tsukishima? Like, full on fight, with all their pawns and whatnot. Granted, Aizen's pawns are all dead, but say they weren't. Well I think it'd be interesting, anyway... Let the bad guys take each other out, and let the good guys live happily ever after.[/spoil]
[spoil]I'm pretty sure Aizen would win, there. All it would take is a single release of his Kyouka Suigetsu, and everyone is under his control. Tsukishima's abilities may be more powerful, as Eon proved, but as long as you don't get slashed, you're fine. With Aizen, the weaknesses are, I think, touching the blade before releasing (so if he releases early, or use some of his pawns as meatshields, he may be able to omit that weakness), not seeing the release itself (but closing your eyes would probably leave you vulnerable, even for a moment, for the Espada to start attacking).

Not to mention, Aizen's pawns (which I'm guessing are Gin, Tousen, and the Arrancar) are probably more powerful than Tsukishima's, overall (which would be, what, XCution? Do we include Ichigo's friends and families?)[/spoil]

arceus03

He can throw the hat and slice people's heads off >8D btw Zam, I added blades to the edges of your hat. Be careful.

Wooo, spinning machine of execution. Beware.

I still need to play you in a chess game. In this club, Arc can beat me pretty easily, to be honest. So if you include that in as well, he's a great strategist.

XD If I'm not lazy enough to study the opening theories, positional advantages, game analysis and whatnot, I could probably play better. XD

Counts under giggling.

Does not

Really? 8O
damnit, now I want that data!

You want? =D I'll email those to you.
I don't have all of them, though.

Your first subject would be, yes, Biology. After that, though, I wasn't too sure, so I made you the school doctor/nurse. What, it works...
Hmmm... I've always wanted to learn things like arabic grammar. At the very least, I can read Quranic Arabic.

School doctor. XD I'll let you know, the reason I didn't further my studies in medicine is because I panic easily. You don't find a doctor with a magic body of water revolving and healing everything on a daily basis here.

I may be mistaken, but chapter 454 (4 chapters ago) was the last time we saw them. Though I may have missed a later chapter.

[spoil]Ah. We'd probably see another chapter or two of Ishida and Ichigo fighting Tsukishima and co. before we finally see Urahara and Isshin. I have a feeling the shinigami would be revealed one week after Urahara and Isshin butted in.[/spoil]

HAI Blue =D

Let the howls of the gathered echo through the hills.

I missed this awesome quote before. XD

Come join the dark side, we have chocolate chip cookies! Muahahahaha *evil laugh* *cough*

[spoil]It would be something like. Aizen sent his Espada against Tsukishima. Tsukishima cut them making them believe Aizen is the real enemy.Turns out the Espada that Tsukishima cut are actually the XCution members. So it kinda made them Tsukishima's enemies. Then they all attacked Tsukishima. But the real Espada defended Tsukishima. Heck, Tsukishima had cut them earlier on without Aizen realizing. Finally, no one knows who are on which side and the world went KABOOM.

Howzat? =D[/spoil]

Now to watch the anime and read Dac's fic. XD Finally

Oh btw Eon, your Squad Page said... Former Memebers. XP

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Guess what time it is, guys?

IT'S FANFIC TIME!

Another long chapter. 12 full pages, to be exact. Lots of swearing in the chapter, lots of angry people and plenty of violence as well. So enjoy.

Last time on Hunting Death Itself...
The Captains met and discussed their plans to combat the Jäger, deciding to send out five Shinigami under the command of Captain Niche Neeja of Squad 2 to launch an ambush against their enemies. However, their plans fell to dust as former Captain Hunter, wounded and being pursued by the Jäger, revealed that none of their traps would work against one of the leaders of the Jäger, who was chasing him. They counterattacked in force, managing to scatter the Jäger's forces, but one member of their team stayed behind to stop the strongest Jäger from purusing them. They managed to get away, but were confronted by one last group of enemies. A mysterious Shinigami intervened and defeated the group, revealing himself to be none other than Rouga Kouken, the ex-Lieutenant they had been seeking...

“Pick your jaw up off the floor, kid,” Rouga grunted to Niche, smirking slightly. “I’m just another Shinigami.”

“A Shinigami who’s been AWOL for five centuries!” Niche choked out, spluttering.

He raised an eyebrow. “So you know who I am?”

“Rouga Kouken,” Niche replied, still shaking his head in disbelief. “You were the Squad 9 Lieutenant during the Quincy Wars.”

His gaze hardened, and he prepared to speak, but he turned suddenly and drew his blade so fast it seemed to fly straight into his hand. “Get out here, Gurim,” he snarled into the bushes. “Suppressing your reiatsu doesn’t do you any good when I can pinpoint you from scent alone.”

“Damn you and your lupine senses, Kouken,” a familiar voice chuckled. The figure stepped out from cover, revealing himself as the Jäger who had led the group that had been pursuing Jin. “Still, I thought you’d never show your face to us.”

“Zeruda is smarter than that,” Rouga snapped, leveling his blade at the man. “She knows that I’d come out into the open if she made a move to attack the Seireitei. Why else would she have built up her forces so much lately?”

Gurim chuckled darkly again, twirling the tip of his goatee around his finger. “You’re as well informed as ever, I see.” He raised his bow, then his entire expression shifted to a far more sinister mask. “Give me one good reason that I shouldn’t kill you right now.”

“I could give you several, foremost being that you can’t beat me on your own,” Rouga replied. His voice was so flat it didn’t even sound like a taunt, more like he was simply stating a fact. “You’re also outnumbered, facing at least two Captain-class opponents, and Zeruda would rip your spine out with her bare hands if she found out that you killed me. We both know that she’s fixated on killing me to the point of it being obsessive.”

The Jäger grimaced, his bow dissolving into a flare of dispersed reishi. “Don’t think you can get away from us this easily,” he hissed, now glaring at Rouga with rage in his eyes. “We will have our revenge for what you and the other Shinigami did to our order.”

“No, you won’t,” Rouga replied firmly, sheathing his sword. “The only revenge you’ll have is against me. None of the other Quincy War veterans are even still alive.”

“It matters not,” Gurim growled, turning on his heel and walking away. “You destroyed our order, now we will destroy yours as recompense.”

“Hold it,” Niche snapped, causing Gurim’s steely gaze to shift to him. “What did you do to Kagen?”

“The fool who attacked me? He’s dead of course.” Gurim scoffed at the outraged look on Niche’s face. “Did you seriously expect me to spare his life?”

Niche’s hand clenched around his bow in a supremely uncharacteristic display of anger, but Rouga’s hand clamping down on his forearm stopped him from doing anything rash. “I’m going to kill you when we next meet, Gurim Königswald,” Niche swore, his own eyes matching the Jäger’s in intensity as he ripped his arm from Rouga’s grasp. “I swear on Kagen’s life that I’ll defeat you.”

“I’ll look forward to it, Kidou Master,” Gurim replied nastily before vanishing into the night.

“Son of a bitch,” Jaku muttered.

“Amen,” Katsumi echoed him, finally finishing up her treatment of Jin’s injuries. “Captain Hunter’s injuries are all sealed, but he won’t be waking up for a little while.”

“Damn,” Niche muttered, turning back to Rouga. “You have to come back to the Seireitei with us.”

“I was planning on it anyway,” he replied with a shrug. “Just two questions.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know a Shinigami by the name of Seijuro Arashi, and what seat is he currently?”

A thick, heavy silence fell over the group. “He’s dead,” Niche stated flatly, as Jaku flinched. “He was the Captain of Squad 7.”

The bitter look in Jaku’s eyes said it all; Rouga put the pieces together almost immediately. “Gods damn it,” Rouga snarled, kicking fruitlessly at the ground. “I can’t believe she went that far.”

“You sure seem to understand a lot about this whole mess,” Heisei noted, slightly suspicious.

Rouga sighed, running a hand through his windswept blond hair. “I damn well better know everything about this,” he murmured. “It’s my fault that it occurred in the first place.”

Jaku’s hand suddenly shot to his sword, but Niche held out a hand. “Enough. Rouga killed one of Zeruda’s family, and spared her life, which is why she’s bitter. He’s blaming himself for this because he left her alive.” Niche turned to look at him. “Right?”

“In some respects,” the veteran warrior replied vaguely. “Let’s get back to the Seireitei; we need to interrogate the unconscious Jäger and I need to do a lot of explaining.

A hissing rush of nose and blast of superheated steam expanded from Squad 6’s training grounds while freezing rain poured down from the heavens, a surefire sign of two Shinigami locked in combat.

A figure clad in crimson samurai armor whipped another blast of flames at his opponent, who countered by raising his hands and summoning a torrent of water and ice to intercept it. The two attacks clashed, the fire melting the ice and evaporating the water, but being extinguished as well. The first fighter sighed. “Come on, Kai,” he goaded, raising his blade. “Your Bankai should at least be able to overpower my Shikai, especially considering your weather advantage.”

“Come off it,” the Squad 7 Lieutenant growled, his black hair falling into his eyes from the rain. “You’ve had your Shikai for almost as long as I’ve been alive.”

“Longer,” Senshuken replied. “You’re not 200 yet.”

Kai gritted his teeth, but he suddenly gasped and collapsed to one knee as though a great weight had just fallen on his shoulders. The rain stopped after a few seconds, and out of the mist covering the training field his sealed blade formed into his hand. “Damn it,” he cursed under his breath. “Don’t tell me I’m out of juice already.”

“You’re not used to fighting against an opponent who’s stronger than you in that form yet,” Senshuken sighed, his armor and massive sword vanishing into smoke as he sheathed his now-sealed katana. “Frankly, I’m not surprised. Your Bankai is powerful enough to affect the weather and climate, no matter where you are. That usually takes an immense amount of power, something that you don’t have the endurance to maintain against serious opponents right now.”

“But the rain restores my reiatsu. I should be able to keep going a lot longer than this.”

“I said endurance, not reiatsu. You have plenty of reiatsu, but expending so much over such a large area and having it restored in a cycle is incredibly stressful on your spiritual body. That’s probably why you’re limited to your Shikai attacks, and unable to properly shape the water and ice in other forms; your body wouldn’t be able to handle the strain and so it forcibly restrains your abilities.”

“Damn,” Kai muttered, flopping onto the ground with a groan of exhaustion. “I’m not going to be able to get a handle on that any time soon.”

Senshuken sighed, holding out a hand and pulling Kai to his feet. “You’re not expected to, Kai. You may be an Acting Captain, but you’ve got time before you claim the rank for yourself. Seijuro struggled for almost twenty years to even get his Bankai to a usable level in combat, and more than fifty to completely master it.”

“That’s almost twice the norm,” Kai noted, confused. “I thought Captain Arashi was supposed to be one of the best.”

Senshuken chuckled, walking over to a bench nearby and sitting down, offering the other end to his training partner. “He was, but his Bankai was a lot like yours; maximum spiritual strain in exchange for powers that surpass the spiritual body’s limits. He really struggled with it for a while and even when he learned how to use it in combat for extended periods he just couldn’t use all of his potential abilities. He trained almost constantly for nearly twenty years even after he’d learned how to use it in combat and became a Captain, but he just couldn’t get the hang of it. It probably had to do with the fact that despite his stamina, he just didn’t have enough reiatsu to make it work.”

“So how did he figure it out?” Kai asked, eager to learn how to replicate the training method so he could master his powers. “Did you help him?”

Senshuken shrugged. “It wasn’t me, that’s for certain,” he replied, leaning back. “Seijuro requisitioned for an extended leave of absence and had Aozora take over his duties as Captain for a while. He spent ten years out in the Outer Rukon districts, and when he came back his abilities were almost on par with mine. He never told anyone what he did out there, but if I had to guess, he got some help from someone who either had similar abilities or was able to massively increase his reiatsu levels in a short period of time.”

Kai considered this for a minute, then he gasped with realization. “You don’t think it’s that Rouga Kouken guy that they were talking about, do you?”

The experienced Captain nodded sagely. “That’s exactly what I think.”
Just then, a black swallowtail, more colloquially known as a Hell Butterfly, fluttered up to the pair of them and began relaying its message. “All Captains and Acting Captains are to report to Squad 1’s barracks for an emergency Captains’ Meeting.”

The two shared a quick glance and a nod, then they burst into shunpou and raced towards the meeting.

When Niche and the others walked in, they weren’t exactly expecting a surprise party to greet them behind the door. They weren’t expecting any happy welcome for that matter, and they couldn’t care less.

However, one other thing that none of them expected was for Kida to suddenly shunpou right into Niche’s face and lift him off the floor by his collar; quite a feat considering that he was over six inches taller than her. “Niche,” she growled, her voice low and angry, “what did I tell you before this mission?”

I’m so dead, Niche thought, as he tried to come up with a suitable reply.

Fortunately, Rouga stepped around him, to general murmurs of confusion as the Captains recognized him from their last briefing. “Kida, please put him down,” he stated calmly, even when she turned her angry glare to him. “You don’t know the full story; don’t make a hasty judgment and condemn him for your Lieutenant’s decision.”

He stared impassively at her for another few seconds, then she tossed Niche to the floor with a growl, causing him to land off balance and fall to the ground. Kida’s gaze shifted to each Shinigami in the group, picking up on their body language and ashamed stares being directed at the ground. “He sacrificed himself, didn’t he?” she asked softly, her voice still full of menace.

“Yeah,” Niche muttered, picking himself up off the floor. “He charged the strongest of the Jäger that attacked us to give us time to escape and fight off the others.”

She sighed, and turned to Rouga. Her head snapped up, and she suddenly slugged him across the face, tossing him to the ground. “And you didn’t help him because?” Kida snarled, her fangs showing in full.

“By the time I got there, I had to go help the others,” Rouga replied, wiping the small drip of blood from his split lip. “He wouldn’t have survived his injuries long enough to receive treatment anyway.” He met her eyes, regret clear in the gaze. “I’m sorry, Kida, but this is a war. We need to prioritize.”

If looks could kill, Rouga would’ve been nothing more than a bloody smear on the floor from Kida’s glare. She clenched her fist and cursed, turning away. “I know,” she snarled, “but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

“I know,” Rouga replied, standing. “Again, I’m sorry, really.”

She sighed, shaking her head. “I know. Don’t think that you’re not going to hear about this later, though.”

Rouga chuckled darkly. “I’m well aware.” He then moved to the center of the room, dropping to one knee in front of Golde. “My apologies for causing such a stir, Head Captain, but I have information that you’ll need to hear.”

“I figured as much,” Golde sighed. “However, I think the biggest thing you need to explain is why you’re caught up in all of this. That will tell us everything from your motivation to the information you need us to have.”

“I suppose I should,” Rouga admitted, sitting back on his haunches in a very wolfish stance. “You guys might want to sit down.”

“Oh joy,” Rotrum muttered sarcastically. “I just love story time.”

Rouga chuckled. “All we need now is a campfire and some marshmallows.”

Arc looked eagerly to the Head Captain. “Can we? Please?”

Golde chuckled. “After this crisis is over, I don’t see why not.”

Rouga had to grin at the camaraderie of the current Captains, a far cry from the detached formality of the ones he had come to know. “I’ll bring the marshmallows,” he offered with a laugh.

“And we all know it’s never a party without some sake,” Dre rumbled from the back, to general nods of assent.

“Marshmallows and sake, what a combo,” Kida remarked, giving a halfhearted laugh, obviously still feeling down.

Rouga laughed, but he quickly calmed down and sighed heavily. “Alright, if you want to know about all of this, I’ll have to start at the beginning; the assassination of Lord Harkinian…”

“You all know the plan by now,” a slightly younger Rouga told the fifty or so Shinigami around him. “Wait until Lieutenant Enzeru and I take out the guards, then blast through the front door while the two shock squads accompany us through the back a bit more quietly. Keep the Quincy distracted and keep casualties to a minimum.” His bestial blue eyes bored into each and every one of the assembled Shinigami. “If anyone goes down permanently, immediately cut off their head or destroy their whole body with Kidou or a powerful Zanpaktou attack; it’s the only way to save their souls from being destroyed. Once I kill Lord Harkinian, we’re pulling out. Any questions?”

Nobody said anything. “Then fall out.”

The dozens of Shinigami dispersed into the trees around them, leaving Rouga, another Lieutenant, and roughly a dozen Onmitsukidou looking up at the Quincy stronghold in front of them; a literal castle.

“Another freakin’ assassination job,” Lieutenant Kurai Enzeru groused, tossing his slick black ponytail over his shoulder with nonchalance that befitted someone of his experience and confidence. “Old Man Yama really needs to find us something else to do.”

“Or get someone else to take our job,” Rouga replied, drawing his sword.

“Touché.”

They moved quietly through the castle grounds, slitting the throats of any guards they sensed around them, keeping their reiatsu expenditure to a minimum to avoid detection. The Gentei Reiin they wore assisted them greatly with this; only a fifth of their latent reiatsu wasn’t enough to bring undue attention their way.

Within ten minutes, all the Quincy guards on the ground were dead and the ones in the fortress were beginning to take notice. Kurai and Rouga met back up at the rear of the massive stone castle, finding a metallic door on one of the upper tiers. Rouga tried the handle, but of course, it was locked. He ran a hand over it, sniffing slightly to catch the scent of the material. “Spiritualized silver…” he murmured. “They’re serious about keeping us out.”

“I’ll do it,” Kurai stated, drawing a thin, ornate rapier from his belt. “Grasp, shred, and slice, Taka no Tsume.”

The blade lit up as pure light flared along its length, expanding into the shape of the claws of a bird of prey that stabbed its talons into the door before ripping it from its hinges and tossing it clear off the building with a flick of Kurai’s wrist. “Breaching complete,” Kurai stated smugly, sealing and sheathing his blade.

Rouga chuckled. “No matter how many times I see that, it’s still pretty impressive.”

“Flattery will get you nowhere, old friend.”

Twelve black-garbed Onmitsukidou members dropped to the roof behind them. “You boys ready?” Rouga asked, receiving a full complement of nods in return. “Alright, signal the attack.”

The senior onmitsu weaved a quick hand sign and slammed his palm into the ground, then a huge rumbling was heard as the gate detonated and the Shinigami massing outside it charged with roars of fury and bloodlust. They met the Quincy defenders head-on, taking up positions in the front hallway and scattering to prevent the Quincy from taking them out in groups with their arrows.

Rouga and his cohorts slipped in through the back door, splitting off down different hallways to kill as many high-ranking Quincy as they could find here. Rouga proceeded directly into the heart of the foretress, knowing that was where he would find Lord Harkinian.

He felt a twitch from his Soul Communicator, and pulled it out to check the message. Lieutenant Kouken, you have permission to release your limiter.
“Excellent,” he murmured. He raised a hand to his chest, the insignia of the white poppy lighting up on his chest and dispersing, his reiatsu only spiking momentarily as he kept it tamped down as best he could. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough, as several Quincy came barreling around the corridor, shouting in German and knocking back their bows.

Rouga leapt into action with a cry of “Attack and Defend, Tanryoku no Rei”, spinning between the two Quincy and slashing the left one across the back while smashing the other across the face with his shield. He left them alive, not wanting to kill any more than was necessary. He’d killed enough people lately and wanted nothing more than to stop the senseless bloodshed that this war was founded on.

Einbrecher!” another Quincy screamed down the next hall upon spotting Rouga. “Einbrecher in der-“

Rouga vanished and reappeared behind the Quincy, smacking him in the back of the head with his shield and dropping him to the ground silently. “That will do, mein Herr,” he murmured, continuing on his way towards the central chambers.

Another patrol of Quincy waited just outside the doors of the castle’s throne room, all of them clearly waiting for him with their bows at the ready. Upon seeing their target, they let loose with a flurry of arrows and some of the most obscene profanity Rouga had ever heard in German, forcing him to throw himself back down the corridor to dodge them all.

He quickly bounded back to his feet, running towards the wall opposite the intersection and managing three steps up its surface before he leapt into shunpou and kicked off the wall, appearing right in the midst of the Quincy guards. “Uzumaku Jiken!” he howled, taking the momentum from his dash and spinning at incredible speed, cleaving through most of the guards. He bashed another who had dodged against the wall with his shield, then ducked under an arrow and kicked the last of the group in the face, sending him flying down the corridor to land in a heap, unmoving.

Like bat swooping in on prey, a huge black-haired Quincy descended from the vaulted ceiling, twin Seeleschneider springing to life in his hands as he slashed at Rouga. The young Lieutenant dodged at the last possible second, the blades passing only an inch from his nose as he bent back and flipped away.

Sie kommen nicht weiter,” the Quincy stated, his piercing blue eyes boring into Rouga’s own. You will come no further.

Ich werde,” Rouga replied, raising both his weapons and letting his reiatsu flow at its full power, “und Sie können mir nicht anhalten.” I will, and you can’t stop me.

Both warriors charged, the Quincy crossing his blades and slashing outward, but Rouga struck with his shield instead and shouted “Iiyoru Shuusoku!”

A flash of energy erupted from the shield when it collided with the Seeleschneider, deflecting the weapons backwards and throwing the Quincy off-balance. Rouga spun, kicking out and hurling the larger man down the hallway before flashing after him and stabbing him through the instant he hit the wall.

“N-Nein…” the dying Quincy gagged, hacking up blood as Rouga pulled his sword out and stepped back. “V-Vati… Zeruda…”

“Es tut mir leid, Quincy,” Rouga murmured as the man’s eyes closed and death claimed him. I’m sorry, Quincy.

He sighed, walking back before the imposing double-doors to the throne room and plotting his strategy. Lord Harkinian had already defeated two Lieutenants on separate occasions; he’d probably manage to at least heavily wound Rouga before escaping if he engaged the man in an all-out fight with his Shikai. His best bet would be to use his Bankai to defeat Harkinian quickly, with the first move, if he could; not allowing his incomplete Bankai to dissolve before he’d won.

Hey Rei, you ready to try Bankai again? he wondered, knowing his Zanpaktou spirit would hear him.

Give it your all this time, Rouga, Tanryoku no Rei’s voice growled back. Do that, and I’ll hold the form for another ten seconds more.

“That gives me roughly fifteen seconds…” he muttered, calculating. “Good enough, with my enhanced reflexes.” He lowered himself to the ground; crouching as though he was about to pounce and tensing every muscle in his body. “Bankai!”

Instead of a huge, all-consuming blast of reiatsu, power rolled off him in sheets, forming over his body like the gossamer fibers of a cloak. His eyes grew sharper, his teeth and nails lengthening into fangs and claws. Lines traced up and down his body, marking him from head to toe in glowing blue tribal tattoos. His ears grew and pointed at the tips, and a diamond-shaped mark formed on his forehead, completing his fusion with his Zanpaktou. “Fukyuu Tanryoku,” he snarled, his voice coming out harsh from both pain and the transformation of his vocal cords.

He struck at the door, ripping it off its hinges with his blade and taking in the room beyond in less than an instant, his reflexes heightened to the nth degree. Pain from destroying the entrance radiated down his arm in searing waves, but he blocked it out as best he could and tried to focus on the room beyond.

A middle-aged, bearded man stood in the back of the chamber, a huge silver longbow clutched in his hand with a Seeleschneider pulled back and ready to fire. A similarly-aged woman stood off to the side, her own bow clutched in both hands as a futile defense. Rouga noted four other Seeleschneider placed in a deliberate pattern around the room and immediately understood Harkinian’s plan: create a Sprenger and stop his opponent from advancing into the room, giving them a chance to escape. Clever, but useless against someone with Rouga’s speed.

As the Seeleschneider leapt from Lord Harkinian’s bow, Rouga moved forward in a fluid, almost trancelike movement. He slashed upward, severing the Seeleschneider’s blade and destroying the hilt, sending the once-powerful weapon clattering uselessly to the floor in slow motion. He met Lord Harkinian’s eyes for less than an instant, forever memorizing their emerald green color, and then he vanished once more, beheading him from behind. His wife raised her bow and loosed her own arrow with a scream of terror and sorrow, but to Rouga it was like she was moving underwater, so slow and easy to read. He tilted his head out of the way of the bolt, vanishing as he spun and then his sword cleaved through her neck as well, bringing an abrupt and bloody end to her life.

His power faded abruptly as white-hot lances of pain suddenly burned through every nerve in his body. He dropped to the ground with an agonized yell, the motions just making the feeling worse. His transformation receded, the shifting of his body driving more and more pain through his already fried nerves. He collapsed to the floor, gasping and panting for breath with his now-sealed blade falling from his limp grasp. “Fucking… hell…” he rasped, the foul words the only way he could think to describe the pain he was currently in. “That wasn’t even fifteen seconds…”

I said I could hold the form for fifteen seconds, but I’m not going to just put you in more pain while I wait for you to power down your Bankai.

“Thanks for that,” he muttered darkly, heaving himself back to his feet and sheathing his blade. A small gasp behind him caught his attention, and he whirled to find himself staring at a young girl, only eight years old. Her auburn hair was pulled back into a neat braid, and her father’s emerald eyes sparkled out from her pale face. She stared blankly at the corpses of her parents, her gaze shifting to Rouga just before her knees gave out and she knelt like a puppet with its strings cut.

He cursed inwardly; this child had witnessed her parents deaths, and now it fell upon him to make the choice. Kill her and save her a life of torment, or let her live and hope to overcome her pain?

“Considering where we are now, it should be obvious which choice I made,” he muttered darkly. “I should have just done it; what was one more death on my conscience? But I couldn’t.”

“She was just a child,” Senny reasoned. “There’s nothing wrong with compassion.”

“That’s naïve,” Rouga shot back, his angry reply taking the Captains by surprise. “Compassion has no place in an assassin’s heart. My duty was to kill all the high-ranking Quincy I could find and I left the greatest prodigy in their Order alive.”

“But you accomplished your mission, didn’t you?” Zameric asked.

Rouga snorted derisively. “Yeah, at the cost of everyone in my assault group.”

“What?”

“You heard me. I was the only Shinigami to survive that expedition.” He sighed. “When I rejoined the battle, I found out that one of the targets we were sent to find was even more powerful than Lord Harkinian. He killed Kurai, then proceeded to annihilate the other assassins. He found Zeruda, and whatever he said to her was enough to make her go on a rampage against the Shinigami still in the front hall. Even with her young age, she was already at Lieutenant level, almost as strong as her father, and while enraged she ripped through the foot soldiers that made up the rest of the assault group like tissue paper. Combined with the other Quincy’s tactical command, they completely destroyed the others. I barely escaped; I had to resort to using my Bankai again and formed a Senkaimon without shifting back. I ran all the way back to the Seireitei and collapsed upon entering it; I’d used my Bankai for almost five minutes, which at the time was literally sixty times the length of any previous use.” He growled angrily at the memories of the failed mission and its aftermath. “There aren’t even words to describe how fubar that mission was.”

“So what happened to the Quincy?” Arc asked the most important question. “Did the Soul Society send more after them?”

“They tried to,” Rouga replied tiredly, “but the Quincy had already left. The Captains chased after them for decades, but never caught up to them. Eventually, they found their way into the Soul Society, far beyond even the outer Rukon Districts, where they remain to this day.”

“You can’t enter the Soul Society without a Zanpaktou, though,” Rotrum noted, his arms folded over his chest as he sat on the floor.

“They had Zanpaktou at that point,” Rouga replied. The others reacted with gasps of shock, realizing what he was driving at. “That group of Quincy became the first Jäger.”

“How many of them survived?” Niche asked skeptically, remembering the seemingly endless numbers of opponents they’d faced during the botched recon mission.

“Five,” Rouga answered, “but they’ve been recruiting thousands of souls from the World of the Living with potential spiritual powers over the years, first training them as Quincy, then having them ambush Shinigami in the World of the Living and steal their Zanpaktou.”

“’Recruiting’ how?”

“They have one of their members pose as a Shinigami and kill the recruit’s family, then have another member show up as a Jäger and drive off the fake Shinigami. They play to that person’s loyalties and sense of morals, saying that the Shinigami are evil and a whole bunch of other nonsense. I’m sure you can figure it out from there.”

Most of those present now bore outraged expressions; the Jäger had trodden on their pride as Shingami and they wouldn’t stand for it. “How much do you know about their top members?”

“Everything, from their names to their abilities, even their favorite color and what they like for breakfast,” Rouga said with a grin, causing a couple of weak chuckles. “I’ll explain them all to your strategist and Head Captain later, but for now I think that we should focus on interrogating the prisoner Niche and the others brought back.”

“Oh great,” the Squad 2 Captain muttered. “I hate interrogations.”

Rouga shrugged. “Then I’ll do it. I’ve interrogated enough people over the years that it doesn’t really faze me anymore.”

“That reminds me of one thing I wanted to ask,” Ant stated coolly. “How is it possible that you haven’t aged at all? I assume that you have some sort of ability that slows the aging process.”

“Sort of,” he admitted, tapping his sword. “My Zanpaktou is a transformative type; I literally fuse with it when I use my abilities, especially my Bankai and my other form. The transformation and fusion with my Zanpaktou keeps my life force stronger than normal, and thus makes me look younger, even though my potential lifespan isn’t much longer than any normal Shinigami.”

“Third form?”

Rouga sighed heavily. “I’ll show you later; I have to go interrogate that prisoner first.”

“Hold up,” Golde said calmly, standing. “We still need to determine your rank, now that you’re an active Shinigami again.”

“Who said I was coming back permanently?” Rouga asked, a challenge obvious in his voice as he also came to his feet. “I’m not planning on sticking around once the Jäger are taken care of.”

“You don’t really have a choice in the matter,” Golde growled. “It’s either you rejoin the Gotei 13, or you go to jail.”

“You didn’t strike me as the type to be a tyrant,” Rouga replied calmly, “but I’ve been wrong before.”

“I’m not a tyrant, but you’re technically a criminal for defecting from the Gotei 13. Just because you’re aiding us doesn’t mean you can waltz back out once you’ve done what you wanted.”

“So what you’re saying is that you’re offering me amnesty in return for my rejoining the Squads.”

“Basically.”

Rouga sighed, his sense of honor and better judgment both stomping on his independent nature. “I suppose that since Seijuro died due to my failures, I’m somewhat responsible for his death.” He extended a hand. “I’ll take the taishou test when I’m done interrogating the prisoner. Fair enough?”

Golde shook his hand. “Fine by me.”

“One more question,” Aozora piped up, a nasty look in her eye. “How’d ya get all that info on the Jäger?”

“I’ve had nearly 500 years to spy on them, kid,” Rouga replied. “The only thing I don’t know about them is their specific battle plan, but I’ll get that from the prisoner we’ve taken. He’s a mid-ranking Jäger, part of their officer class, so he’ll most likely know the majority of it.”

“So you’ve been spyin’ on ‘em for five centuries and ya never took an opportunity to kill off some of ‘em?”

Rouga sighed, he’d known that somebody would bring this up eventually. “I wouldn’t have been able to do significant damage to them; each one of the top-tier Jäger are Captain-class or stronger, making assassination without another force to distract them impossible. I figured that it was better to gather information and wait until they made the first move before returning to the Seireitei with everything they could possibly need to know about their new opponents.”

“Yeah, well you did a really fucking awesome job of that, didn’t you?” she replied nastily.

Rouga’s patience finally snapped. “Shut up, you little brat,” he snarled harshly, his tone so venomous it made a cobra’s venom seem harmless by comparison. “Do you honestly think that I’m not regretting my decisions? That I don’t care that Seijuro, my student, is dead because I failed to anticipate their first move? You’re absolutely right in that I fucked up beyond any return multiple times, but do you really think that I’m going to let that happen anymore? I have new reasons to do this now, not some five-hundred year old grudge that I barely even care about. You can take your pathetic logic and shove it up your ass, because I already know exactly how badly I screwed up.”

Aozora rose to her feet as her temper and reiatsu surged, but Rouga’s blasted back to match. Just as they reached their peak, Golde’s own wave of reiatsu trumped both of theirs and brought everyone in the room crashing to the floor. “Enough,” he stated calmly. “Rouga, your Captain’s exam will take place right now, in the training ground outside of the barracks. You’ll fight Aozora one-on-one. If you win, you become the new Captain of Squad 7.”

“And if I lose?”

It was Aozora who responded, her milky red eyes now glowing like flaming rubies from her bloodlust. “Then I’ll kill you.”

"Joy and fucking rapture."

Mmkay. Next chapter will contain the Rouga vs. Aozora fight, and the interrogation of the Jäger that Rouga captured. Probably a little more as well.

Points to you if you noticed how Kurai Enzeru's Zanpaktou ties in with the Jäger. Hint: it's already been in one chapter.

More points if you recognized who the black-haired, blue-eyed Quincy with twin Seeleschneider became in his next life. Hint: He has already died in this life too.

So, now we know that Kida knew Rouga from before. But how did they meet? Possible information for next chapter.

Does anybody think that Golde is acting... strage? Out of character? Rouga too, anybody notice that he shouldn't really be that prone to anger? Why is this, I wonder?

I... honestly hated how the whole "Lord Harkinian assassination" flashback turned out. I really just didn't like it; it seemed too much like a filler to me.

Next chapter may not be for a while, I'm leaving for college on the 20th of August, so it'll probably be sometime in September/October when I get it done.

Reviews are much appreciated, as usual.

XD If I'm not lazy enough to study the opening theories, positional advantages, game analysis and whatnot, I could probably play better. XD
Same. Plus, I need to not be so queen-reliant.

School doctor. XD I'll let you know, the reason I didn't further my studies in medicine is because I panic easily. You don't find a doctor with a magic body of water revolving and healing everything on a daily basis here.
You don't? o.o Really? Damn, I always wondered why hospitals weren't as epic-looking as I imagined.

Guess what time it is, guys?

IT'S FANFIC TIME!
YAY!
Another long chapter. 12 full pages, to be exact. Lots of swearing in the chapter, lots of angry people and plenty of violence as well. So enjoy.
12... pages.... Just... How?
Last time on Hunting Death Itself...
The Captains met and discussed their plans to combat the Jäger, deciding to send out five Shinigami under the command of Captain Niche Neeja of Squad 2 to launch an ambush against their enemies. However, their plans fell to dust as former Captain Hunter, wounded and being pursued by the Jäger, revealed that none of their traps would work against one of the leaders of the Jäger, who was chasing him. They counterattacked in force, managing to scatter the Jäger's forces, but one member of their team stayed behind to stop the strongest Jäger from purusing them. They managed to get away, but were confronted by one last group of enemies. A mysterious Shinigami intervened and defeated the group, revealing himself to be none other than Rouga Kouken, the ex-Lieutenant they had been seeking...
Perfect. Right up to scratch.
“You’re also outnumbered, facing at least two Captain-class opponents, and Zeruda would rip your spine out with her bare hands if she found out that you killed me. We both know that she’s fixated on killing me to the point of it being obsessive.”
And this will be a very important plot point. People can do really stupid things for revenge, and I have a feeling that that will lead her to the guillotine.
“You’ve had your Shikai for almost as long as I’ve been alive.”

“Longer,” Senshuken replied. “You’re not 200 yet.”
Aha, maybe I should start calling MC Oji-sama. Though that's not exactly accurate
“So how did he figure it out?” Kai asked, eager to learn how to replicate the training method so he could master his powers. “Did you help him?”

Senshuken shrugged. “It wasn’t me, that’s for certain,” he replied, leaning back. “Seijuro requisitioned for an extended leave of absence and had Aozora take over his duties as Captain for a while. He spent ten years out in the Outer Rukon districts, and when he came back his abilities were almost on par with mine. He never told anyone what he did out there, but if I had to guess, he got some help from someone who either had similar abilities or was able to massively increase his reiatsu levels in a short period of time.”

Kai considered this for a minute, then he gasped with realization. “You don’t think it’s that Rouga Kouken guy that they were talking about, do you?”
He took the words right out of my mouth.
If looks could kill, Rouga would’ve been nothing more than a bloody smear on the floor from Kida’s glare. She clenched her fist and cursed, turning away. “I know,” she snarled, “but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.”
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you piss off a wolf. I don't suggest doing it.
“Oh joy,” Rotrum muttered sarcastically. “I just love story time.”

Rouga chuckled. “All we need now is a campfire and some marshmallows.”

Arc looked eagerly to the Head Captain. “Can we? Please?”

Golde chuckled. “After this crisis is over, I don’t see why not.”

Rouga had to grin at the camaraderie of the current Captains, a far cry from the detached formality of the ones he had come to know. “I’ll bring the marshmallows,” he offered with a laugh.

“And we all know it’s never a party without some sake,” Dre rumbled from the back, to general nods of assent.

“Marshmallows and sake, what a combo,” Kida remarked, giving a halfhearted laugh, obviously still feeling down.
Always glad to have a bit of humour in all of this.
The blade lit up as pure light flared along its length, expanding into the shape of the claws of a bird of prey that stabbed its talons into the door before ripping it from its hinges and tossing it clear off the building with a flick of Kurai’s wrist. “Breaching complete,” Kurai stated smugly, sealing and sheathing his blade.
Epic.
A small gasp behind him caught his attention, and he whirled to find himself staring at a young girl, only eight years old. Her auburn hair was pulled back into a neat braid, and her father’s emerald eyes sparkled out from her pale face. She stared blankly at the corpses of her parents, her gaze shifting to Rouga just before her knees gave out and she knelt like a puppet with its strings cut.

He cursed inwardly; this child had witnessed her parents deaths, and now it fell upon him to make the choice. Kill her and save her a life of torment, or let her live and hope to overcome her pain?
And there's the relation that was hidden for, what, 2 and a half chapters?

I snipped most of the fighting because most of the time, my reaction was "coooooooool". You write really vivid fight scenes.
“They had Zanpaktou at that point,” Rouga replied. The others reacted with gasps of shock, realizing what he was driving at. “That group of Quincy became the first Jäger.”
And so is the story of their lineage.
“Third form?”
Wolf form, no?
Aozora rose to her feet as her temper and reiatsu surged, but Rouga’s blasted back to match. Just as they reached their peak, Golde’s own wave of reiatsu trumped both of theirs and brought everyone in the room crashing to the floor.
Golde seems to be, "bringing down the law" rather often now...

“Enough,” he stated calmly. “Rouga, your Captain’s exam will take place right now, in the training ground outside of the barracks. You’ll fight Aozora one-on-one. If you win, you become the new Captain of Squad 7.”

“And if I lose?”

It was Aozora who responded, her milky red eyes now glowing like flaming rubies from her bloodlust. “Then I’ll kill you.”

"Joy and fucking rapture."
Oh THIS will be interesting.
Though we know for the sake of the plot that Rouga will win. Though I'm expecting, at the end of it, some mutual respect from both sides - maybe not a lot, but some.
Points to you if you noticed how Kurai Enzeru's Zanpaktou ties in with the Jäger. Hint: it's already been in one chapter.
I'm guessing you mean that one of the Jager has his zanpakutou? I don't remember the fight at all, but could it be a "spiteful irony" that Zeruda has it?
More points if you recognized who the black-haired, blue-eyed Quincy with twin Seeleschneider became in his next life. Hint: He has already died in this life too.
So one of the Jager that has fought and been killed already? I'm terrible at remembering fanfic characters unless they've appeared for many chapters.
So, now we know that Kida knew Rouga from before. But how did they meet? Possible information for next chapter.
Probably a connection through Seijuro and/or the whole wolf thing. What is this fic's canon on Kida's origins, and could that be connected to Rouga directly? Or perhaps, Kida was also a member of the Gotei 13 when Rouga went to fight (again, my memory on who was or wasn't is shady, but if Yamamoto was still a captain, then it's possible that Kida was a lower ranked member). It's also obvious that their relationship wasn't particularly friendly - Kida had a "I expected you to protect him" rather than "oh it's been so long since we've met!" Blah I've forgetten everything again XD
Does anybody think that Golde is acting... strage? Out of character? Rouga too, anybody notice that he shouldn't really be that prone to anger? Why is this, I wonder?
There's the almost-too-simple "it's a stressful situation" answer, or you could go with the "they're actually spies!!!!" or something like that.
Next chapter may not be for a while, I'm leaving for college on the 20th of August, so it'll probably be sometime in September/October when I get it done.

Where I'll forget even MORE detail! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.