• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was. Btw ILP, that wasn't actually a metaphor. A metaphor needs an active comparison, not an implied one. If you just say it the way you did, it's too vague and just confuses the reader. Buuut, since you haven't learned syntax in school yet, it's not really a big issue.
Ah. I was simply taught "a metaphor is a comparison by saying one thing is another" (in this case, a sprint is typing fast).

And I don't think I'll properly be learning syntax, since I only have one year left of compulsory English lessons ****yes, and that will mostly be looking at literature, etc.

Also, in my school at least, we aren't taught the nitty-gritty technicalities of a language, so it ends up that a lot of things said "sounds right" but isn't technically correct (like "five items or less" instead of "five items or fewer", I think it is, though I'm not entirely sure on that).

Eon Master said:
EDIT 2.0: Lol wow. This was my 300th post in the club.
300 posts over the course of almost 1 year and 9 months.
You are becoming more and more perverted as of late. MC, what have you done to my twin?
I was referring to the fact that Rex had gone Bankai. The rest was just part of that paragraph <.<
I haven't talked to MC in what feels like ages.

@ILP: Am I an idiot, because, what's ramadhan
Ramadhan is the 9th month of the Islamic calender, and is the month of fast. From dawn to dusk, Muslims abstain from eating or drinking. After 29/30 days (depending on the moon), the month of Ramadhan ends, and Muslims celebrate Eid-Ul-Fitr (which is usually an excuse to take a day off school, but luckily/unluckily for me, Ramadhan fits neatly in the school holidays, this year).

Because of the whole dawn-to-dusk thing, I ended up fasting 17 and a half hours yesterday and today, and tomorrow. And for the rest of the week, pretty much. but it will shorten to 15 and a half hours towards the last week.

I'm surprised you don't get taught this stuff in school.

****ing getsuga tensho
Good ol' Getsuga Tenshou.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Glad to be of help. =D

:)

Arc said:
So it's like, in terms of power,

Vereinigung > Shikai/Quincy bow?

Depending on the wielder, but normally yes. Also, it is possible to fight against a Vereinigung by using a Shikai that has a good matchup against the Vereinigung, but I really wouldn't recommend it unless your abilities are a perfect check for your oppoent's. Unless you have an advantage in battle style over your opponent, Bankai would be the only option to match a Vereinigung.

Arc said:
How does a Vereinigung work, anyway? It's enhancing the bows with the shikai powers, I'm assuming? So if like a Jager fuses his Quincy bow with, say, my zanpakto, his arrows would be able to... heal?

No. It's simply combining an outlet for Quincy powers with an outlet for Shinigami powers. The Shikai provides the power behind the fusion, the Quincy abilities shape the ability into a favorable weapon. Personality, weapon preferences, and other things also factor into the effect the fusion has on both its appearance and power.

Which brings me to your earlier question...

Arc said:
What about bankai? :p Though a fusion of Quincy powers with a bankai would be horribly powerful.

To preform a Vereinigung with a Bankai, one would need multiple "outlets" for Quincy power so they could match the Bankai's spiritual output. An example would be a Bow and using Ransotengai simultaniously with the Bankai. As such, it's nigh-impossible to create, and it's nearly impossible to possess a Zanpaktou's Bankai in the first place because the Zanpaktou would have had to originally belong to a Captain-class Shinigami, and it's almost impossible to kill a Captain-class Shinigami. There's only one example: Kurai's Taka no Tsume.

Ah. Because she managed to beat Seijuro's bankai with ease, only to reveal at the end of the battle that the fusion was premature.

No, not premature. Her Vereinigung is perfectly formed, she just has another level of power beyond that.

Arc said:
Ah, I see now.

Yeah, it's basically just personal preference.

Arc said:
It is? =D
Just how many time you proofread your fic?

Yep.
Twice. If I don't notice a mistake or rough patch during the first proofread, I usually catch it during the second. This is why good authors need even better editors. My editor is on vacation :p

Arc said:
Ohh yeah, that one. I see.

Yeah. I'll be saving his interrogation until the chapter after this coming one; my chapter's bordering on 14 pages as it is and I'm still not done with Kida's explanation.

Arc said:
Ah. Should have mentioned I should have guessed. XD

Ah, don't worry about it. It was implied rather stealthily. isn't that fitting?

Arc said:
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I thought they only attack dead souls.

A common misconception actually. I really only remember that detail because I'm a fan of the first few arcs.

Arc said:
Oh. I missed this line. ("He extended a hand. ") XD No wonder. I thought he was shaking his own hand. XP

Lol, I could see that. The wording was a bit unclear as well, but meh.

Arc said:
Okay, I certainly didn't notice that. Of course she'd act like that. Anybody would.

Lol, apparently not. Agreed.

Arc said:
I will. =D 8 pages for a battle scene is nothing for you. :p

=D Lol, true. In one of my older Pokemon fics, I wrote a ten page battle, but that's as far as I think I've gone.

EDIT: Dammit, I posted that before I meant to.

Ah. I was simply taught "a metaphor is a comparison by saying one thing is another" (in this case, a sprint is typing fast).

It is a comparison between two things without the use of the words "like" or "as". If it has those words, it's a similie. If it's what you did, there's not even an official name for it (note: creating new grammatical problems is not a good thing in English).

ILP said:
And I don't think I'll properly be learning syntax, since I only have one year left of compulsory English lessons ****yes, and that will mostly be looking at literature, etc.

Wow. That's... definitely not good, especially if you're aiming to become a scientist of any kind. How are you going to publish your studies, or dumb stuff down so normal people can understand what you've accomplished? You could come up with the cure for cancer and just have the discovery be completely lost in crappy wording.

And no, I am not voulnteering to do this for you.

ILP said:
Also, in my school at least, we aren't taught the nitty-gritty technicalities of a language, so it ends up that a lot of things said "sounds right" but isn't technically correct (like "five items or less" instead of "five items or fewer", I think it is, though I'm not entirely sure on that).

Yes, but that's the kind of grammar that doesn't really matter. Syntax isn't grammar, its just how you present your ideas so they don't end up confusing people.

ILP said:
300 posts over the course of almost 1 year and 9 months.

That's... less than half the number you've posted in roughly the same period ._.

ILP said:
I was referring to the fact that Rex had gone Bankai. The rest was just part of that paragraph <.<
I haven't talked to MC in what feels like ages.

Yeah, but you're still IckleLittlePervert.
me neither, where is he?

ILP said:
I'm surprised you don't get taught this stuff in school.

There aren't a lot of muslims in Missouri iirc (where Luke is from), so it's something the school board probably wouldn't teach you.

Luke said:
****ing getsuga tensho

You doin' it wrong.

Last edited:

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
I'm going to assume that so far, I'm either the first of us to read the newest chapter or just the first to come here to talk about it.

Oh. My God.

Alright, so let's do a recap, Uryuu and Tsukishima duke it out, and then we see Tsukishima on the ground bleeding, right? But then he's back standing? I'm confused.

Ginjou actually won, it's about time that a really good plot twist came around for him, he's been so boring. I mean, he was basically playing Urahara's role in the first arc, but Urahara can't be replaced. Duh.

You could seriously just feel the tension building up when we see Ichigo's fullbring seeping into Ginjou's sword.

And then "wtf?" comes around with Isshin and Urahara. Kubo's bringing a crowd-pleaser with this whole getting stabbed by Rukia thing to become a Shinigami again, rather than just use that lame fullbring setup. My only real hope for the future is that Zangetsu comes back. That, and that Gestuga Tenshou at least gets something a little more interesting. I wouldn't mind if it stays, but I would definitely hope that he gets some new tricks or something.

I really think that this chapter is going to help pick up the manga from its recent slump.

The title of the chapter is "Death & Strawberry 2". That sounds like a good omen.

And so explains the attack. See Eon, people don't change clothes!

Ah, so that's how the whole "betrayal" thing went. So it doesn't matter how Tsukishima was going to put himself in Ichigo's memories, Ginjou's second cut would only put everything back to normal.

Ahaha, I love that "You're just horrible at acting, that's why we did it." "My acting just there was top-notch!"

Why did Ichigo lose his Fullbring powers when Ginjou cut him? Did I forget a bit of explanation?

Woah. I wonder what Ichigo's breaking down scene will be like in the anime.

STABBED IN THE CHEST!!

And they're finally here! Isshin and Urahara, woo!

Iiiiit's Rukia! Looks like she's got a bit of an outfit change; shorter hair, the 13th Squad Lieutenant band, and what looks like her brother's.. glove thingy. So she was the mysterious shinigami. I hope some of the rest of the shinigami also got make-overs.

Aaaand he stole her powers again. Wait, isn't that still illegal?

Ichigo also has an outfit change, it seems. Zangetsu looks slightly different (makes me wonder what happened to him and HIchigo), and the... thingies on his wrists and across his chest and neck. Does he have those on his Fullbring outfit?

Can't wait for the next few chapters now.

It is a comparison between two things without the use of the words "like" or "as". If it has those words, it's a similie. If it's what you did, there's not even an official name for it (note: creating new grammatical problems is not a good thing in English).
Ah, hmm.
So I made something up by accident? But creating grammatical problems is so fun!

Wow. That's... definitely not good, especially if you're aiming to become a scientist of any kind. How are you going to publish your studies, or dumb stuff down so normal people can understand what you've accomplished? You could come up with the cure for cancer and just have the discovery be completely lost in crappy wording.
If that was the case, then I would put a lot more effort in having correct syntax, and making sure that my sentences make perfect sense. I would also have other people checking through my work, in case things are unclear, something which I don't do when making posts for the club.
And is my syntax consistently bad?
That's... less than half the number you've posted in roughly the same period ._.
To be fair, I spam the hell out of the club.

Yeah, but you're still IckleLittlePervert.
me neither, where is he?
I wonder how long until you get bored of that :p
No clue. I hope he comes back soon, though.

There aren't a lot of muslims in Missouri iirc (where Luke is from), so it's something the school board probably wouldn't teach you.
Hmm, even so, when I was in Primary School, we were taught about the major religions; Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, etc. Even if there weren't a lot of each religion in the local area. Oh well *Shrug*.
Alright, so let's do a recap, Uryuu and Tsukishima duke it out, and then we see Tsukishima on the ground bleeding, right? But then he's back standing? I'm confused.

Ginjou actually won, it's about time that a really good plot twist came around for him, he's been so boring. I mean, he was basically playing Urahara's role in the first arc, but Urahara can't be replaced. Duh.

And then "wtf?" comes around with Isshin and Urahara. Kubo's bringing a crowd-pleaser with this whole getting stabbed by Rukia thing to become a Shinigami again, rather than just use that lame fullbring setup. My only real hope for the future is that Zangetsu comes back. That, and that Gestuga Tenshou at least gets something a little more interesting. I wouldn't mind if it stays, but I would definitely hope that he gets some new tricks or something.
[spoil]That's Uryuu on the ground, bleeding, not Tsukishima.

Of course he can't be replaced 8D I'm glad he's back.

Yeah, hopefully he uses something else, maybe even in this fight.[/spoil]

arceus03

I'll comment on the manga and anime first. Then reply to the posts above later. XDD

M.a.n.g.a
So. Ichigo lost his Fullbring. That's good, I guess. I mean like, if he got back his shinigami powers, then he'd be in every single spiritual group there is.

Okay. I believe it hadn't been addressed in this chapter either. Why did they do all those sorts of things to Ichigo, and what did Ginjou do? Take back Ichigo's Fullbring? What for? Sheesh.

Rukia 8D Man I missed her. XD Death and Strawberry 2, should have seen that coming. With a Lieutenant's armband. 8D Ohboy we're seeing Soul Society once again. :3

... Though, whose zanpakto was that? Wasn't Rukia's, right?

Aaaaand Zangetsu has a new look. Is it because of the FGT? Gah. Who knows. Kubo just wants to try a new design. I guess. XD Meh, let's hope Ichigo learns to seal his shikai this time around. I'd like to know what his release command would be.

I remember at the beginning of this mysterious shinigami case. What were they arguing about, anyway? Could it be that, the zanpakto was Isshin's, and he chose to give his powers to Ichigo, like Rukia did at the very beginning of the series? Though, he would regain back his powers, like Rukia did.

Ahh. Good job, I guess. XD This is the first chapter since a long time that made me impatient for the next one :p

Anime
[spoil]Okay.. Unohana didn't do much in the episode. :< But at least we got to see her. ^______^

And the flames on Ryuujinjakka looked more realistic in this episode. I mean, the last time we saw them in the Soul Society fight, they're just like... wrapped onto the zanpakto. XD This is the real deal :3

The people in Karakura Town are really... weird. First there's this huge purple explosion on the hill, then there was that fire. [/fails at logic]

So Kageroza copied Nozomi's ability then absorbed the attack. Cheap is cheap

Meh, at Yamamoto? Of course Nozomi will absorb it. XD

See? Told ya.

Looks like this arc is ending in two or three more episodes. Hmm.

XD Plainly, it sucks to be Omaeda. Just that. Though Ikkaku isn't there either.[/spoil]

Last edited:

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
I really think that this chapter is going to help pick up the manga from its recent slump.

The title of the chapter is "Death & Strawberry 2". That sounds like a good omen.

And so explains the attack. See Eon, people don't change clothes!

Ah, so that's how the whole "betrayal" thing went. So it doesn't matter how Tsukishima was going to put himself in Ichigo's memories, Ginjou's second cut would only put everything back to normal.

Ahaha, I love that "You're just horrible at acting, that's why we did it." "My acting just there was top-notch!"

Why did Ichigo lose his Fullbring powers when Ginjou cut him? Did I forget a bit of explanation?

Woah. I wonder what Ichigo's breaking down scene will be like in the anime.

STABBED IN THE CHEST!!

And they're finally here! Isshin and Urahara, woo!

Iiiiit's Rukia! Looks like she's got a bit of an outfit change; shorter hair, the 13th Squad Lieutenant band, and what looks like her brother's.. glove thingy. So she was the mysterious shinigami. I hope some of the rest of the shinigami also got make-overs.

Aaaand he stole her powers again. Wait, isn't that still illegal?

Ichigo also has an outfit change, it seems. Zangetsu looks slightly different (makes me wonder what happened to him and HIchigo), and the... thingies on his wrists and across his chest and neck. Does he have those on his Fullbring outfit?

Can't wait for the next few chapters now.

I know, right? Seems pretty good.

Uh, I think they said somewhere that Fullbring users are capable of stealing or 'giving away' their Fullbring

I really hope that they have replacement captains by now, otherwise the appearance changes aren't very important to me. Well, maybe Yumichika or Kenpachi, otherwise I can't really think of a Shinigami whose I don't like. Especially Hitsugaya. I mean, that hair? I would totally want hair like that.

Yeah, although I believe that's because of the Shinigami's soul at the time that they are released. So, since his soul had become different over the seventeen months, it's different. I personally enjoy the new blade, and the look may catch on a little bit. I think it'd be pretty cool if he actually has a Shikai this time, too, but if it's like the previous Zangetsu I won't be disappointed. I'm just glad that they've brought bigass swords and fights back. :3

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
**** YEAH, RUKIA!

One Piece may have had the epic chapter last week, but that title goes to Bleach this week!!

I've been saying for a while that Rukia should be lieutenant, and now I got my wish! xD

I'll be a bit giddy over this chapter for a few days. :D

If Rukia became lieutenant of Squad 13, then there has to be other changes too.
Hopefully some new captains are in order. And maybe Omaeda quit! *.*

also, english dub anime, battle starts, we see yama's zanpakutou in action, when ichigo was flying toward las noches and those hollows got in the way, guess what, he getsuga tensho'd there asses

****ing getsuga tensho
Are you saying that in a positive or negative context? xD

M.a.n.g.a
Aaaaand Zangetsu has a new look. Is it because of the FGT? Gah. Who knows. Kubo just wants to try a new design. I guess. XD Meh, let's hope Ichigo learns to seal his shikai this time around. I'd like to know what his release command would be.

I remember at the beginning of this mysterious shinigami case. What were they arguing about, anyway? Could it be that, the zanpakto was Isshin's, and he chose to give his powers to Ichigo, like Rukia did at the very beginning of the series? Though, he would regain back his powers, like Rukia did.
[spoil]Pfffft, yeah right. Kubo will never do that to Ichigo. I like him better with the giant chef's knife anyways. ;p

Oh! Good theory there. That very well could be. We'll just have to wait.[/spoil]

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!

Okay, so Rukia is back and gave Ichigo his powers back, awesome.
I'm now sure that Ginjou and Tuskhima are dating, among other things...>.>
Just re-read the cut me page, and look at his face. Then tell me something else isn't going on...
Well Ichigo got a new outfit...please let him get a new attack soon...

Also, it seems I've not considered good enough to make the top 5 villainous list.
Oji-Sama thinks you youngsters all need a good reminder on who exactly you're writing off...

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
@ILP: well, at my school they didn't like to teach us foreign holidays other than chinese new year....

so, many, paper, dragons, I was about to stab mahself

Who is your favorite bleach character and why?

go ahead, answer it, guys

mine would have to be kisuke urahara, considering his zanpakuto disintegrated an entire floating fortress made of hollows in one hit, and the fact that he is just so badass

So. Ichigo lost his Fullbring. That's good, I guess. I mean like, if he got back his shinigami powers, then he'd be in every single spiritual group there is.
Yeah, he's been human, then shinigami, then human again, then Hollow (sort of), then Vaizard, then he "became Zangetsu", then back to human, Fullbring, human, and finally a shinigami.

... Though, whose zanpakto was that? Wasn't Rukia's, right?
The zanpakutou that stabbed Ichigo is Rukia's. The glowing one we saw before, I don't remember too well, but it looked quite big, so it might have been Isshin's.
Edit: Sorry, I fail so bad I hadn't realised that she was holding a blade, with another at her hip.
8O Good theory.
Though the way you're saying it, I think you're confusing how Rukia gave him her power, and how Isshin would.
Rukia lost her powers, but Ichigo got his own powers/zanpakutou.
In what I think you're saying, Isshin loses his powers, but Ichigo gets those ones instead, right? Because Isshin clearly put emphasis on how it was Rukia who was stabbing him.

Edit: Still failing. But yeah, looking over it again, you could be right in that Isshin is giving away his powers (hence the glowy sharp stick).

Uh, I think they said somewhere that Fullbring users are capable of stealing or 'giving away' their Fullbring
They said that Fullbringers can give their powers away, but I don't remember if it was ONLY to half human/half shinigamis (which Ginjou isn't), and I always thought it was done willingly.
Soroft said:
I think it'd be pretty cool if he actually has a Shikai this time, too, but if it's like the previous Zangetsu I won't be disappointed. I'm just glad that they've brought bigass swords and fights back. :3
Technically, Ichigo was in constant release, like Kenpachi. Big arse swords for the win.

Woo!
MasterCharizard15 said:
Also, it seems I've not considered good enough to make the top 5 villainous list.
Oji-Sama thinks you youngsters all need a good reminder on who exactly you're writing off...
Good ol' MC.
@ILP: well, at my school they didn't like to teach us foreign holidays other than chinese new year....
Funnily enough, we didn't learn about that.

Urahara!
He's a scientist, of course, and the best one in the series 8D. Not to mention, he's hilarious, a chessmaster greater than the butterfree, and there's definitely a lot about his character still to be revealed.

Last edited:

Cell

Infernal Informality
Huzzah, Ichigo got his powers back, kill both of the bastards and go to save Rukia from execution in Soul Society again for sharing her powers with a human.

Just noticed that Rukia is now wearing a shinigami badge (and a second sword). Wonder what's that all about..

I do prefer her new haircut over her older one. She looks less like a child.

I think that Ichigo's blade looks different because of the final getsuga tenshou. Or maybe Zangetsu just bears (*Graaauw*) the fruits of Fullbring training. And his shinigami outfit has some fullbring like attachments, like the collar, the X around his chest and wrists.

Yoruichi.

She's a close combat master, totally awesome and part cat.

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!

Since Yoruichi and Urahara have already been taken...>.>

Renji, Rukia and Byakuya are all win in my book.

So much FIRE!
me love the pretty flames. e.e
Anyway, The battles were good, Nazomi is making up for her non action ways earlier in the Arc, big time.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Who is your favorite Bleach character and why?

So original.

Going to have to spoiler my answer, dammit.

[spoil]Anyway, mine would probably be Gin or Grimmjow. Gin because he's a genius, literally and figuratively. Plus, who doesn't love the double-agents? (though Gin's technically not a double agent because he's not on either side of Aizen's war). And furthermore, Gin's devotion to Rangiku is kinda sweet. He's a great character, and he always keeps you guessing.

Grimmjow because... he's Grimmjow. He can be philosophical or calculating, and then he can turn around and berzerk like a maniac or rip someone's leg off. There's a lot of his influence in Rouga's character, currently. It'll eventually be less, but right now he's very prevalent.[/spoil]

I hate Rukia's new haircut /of story

Zangetsu isn't the only Zanpaktou that's undergone a transformation. Did you see Sode no Shiryuki? God, that looks awful. And it looks like Rukia is a Lieutenant now, finally. And she's got the same gloves as Byakuya, so maybe she's an official member of the Kuchki family now?

Ginjou... seems like he's having fun screwing with everybody. And that thing with him being the one to attack Uryuu was such an asspull. I like his character a bit more now.

EDIT: I thought about changing my Fullbring, my old one is kinda meh. So, I decided to do it. Also, something to note before you read it: for Shinigami and the like, dodging bullets probably isn't that difficult.

Opinions please.

Fullbring Name: Death Penalty

Item: A minoan double-axe bracelet. The axe symbolizes execution, which is what the death penalty basically is.

Activation description: I hold out my arm and call out the name of my Fullbring. The bracelet flies into my hand, the axes pointing outward, and morphs into the gun, from the grip forward. Death Penalty's gun form is like a cross, with five gun barrels built into the focus points (the four endpoints of the cross and the center of where the arms intersect). There's a lot of fancy silver ornamentation all over the gun, and the chamber is a black and silver drum magizine built into the gun just in front of the trigger guard. The gun may seem barrel-heavy at first glance, but it's actually a perfectly balanced weapon.

Ability Details: Death Penalty's bullets are formed by my Fullbring abilities (i.e. changing the composition of matter), creating bullets from air while charging them with spiritual energy and destructive force so that they look yellow when fired. Its ammo capacity is basically only limited to my remaining spirit energy.

Death Penalty has several "attack modes". To switch between them, I need to flip the gun's hammer into different positions.

"Shotgun" (normal position [the one you see in the picture]): All five barrels of Death penalty fire at once each time I pull the trigger, and the bullets are fragmentary casings, meaning that they turn into shrapnel when they hit, and they hit hard. Not quite a shotgun, but it's close enough in terms of damage and range. Death Penalty's most lethal gunnery mode and my personal favorite, but limited to short- and mid-range attacks. I can fire this as fast as I can pull the trigger, meaning that if the first blast doesn't kill you, the second or third probably will.

Miniature "Gauss Cannon" (cocked back position): While not technically a Gauss Cannon or rail gun (the closest approximation I can think of for you non-Halo people, though it's technically not the same type of magnetic force application), the effect is basically the same: one extremely powerful shot, then a recharge time. The middle barrel fires one powerful round that looks like silvery-blue streak of light, then I have to cock the hammer back into position and wait for the gun to finish venting the excess power. The other four barrels still smoke when the round fires because they're releasing the excess force to relieve stress on the central barrel.

Burst Minigun (full up position [as though the gun had already fired and the hammer hasn't been cocked back again]): This mode fires a two-second burst of extremely high-speed (100 rounds per second [five barrel combined ROF], the same rate of fire as an M61A2 Vulcan gatling cannon) fire from all five barrels with each trigger pull (and no, I can't rapid-fire it, it takes a few seconds before I can do this again and it's exhausting to sustain the cycle for more than three rounds of fire and recharge). This uses us a crapload of spirit energy, and each individual round carries about one-tenth the force of a single "Shotgun" mode bullet, i.e. half a bullet's normal force. However, 200 rounds over two seconds is enough to annhilate any target at the right range.

"Gunsword" mode (I actually have to force the hammer and trigger guard into the stock of the gun): This is my close quarters mode. When this activates (when I push the hammer and trigger guard into the stock), the four arms of the cross pop outward and the center barrel sinks into the gun. I flick my arm out to the side, making a 4.5 foot long silver broadsword blade appear from the handle. The four extended arms of the cross act as a guard while my grip shifts to the hamer's old position. The blade isn't perfectly balanced, but it's good enough for me. The changeover isn't instantaneous, which means that despite the ability to engage in close quarters combat, it leaves me open for a few moments while it's switching forms. It's also not possible to fire the gun in this mode, as the barrels are disconnected from the firing chamber and the trigger and hammer are both part of the stock at this point. To change this back to gun mode, I have to dissolve the blade and push the barrels back together (which isn't difficult, but again, changeover time).

What it looks like:

Bracelet:
JP10035SB.jpg

Gun Form:
DoC_Death_Penalty_Artwork.png

Sorry, no pictures of the blade form. Although the blade itself looks something like Kai's Koorimizu in Shikai, only straight rather than wavy.

Last edited:

minchan

konvirt2mudkipizm
Oh dear, it seems I'm a bit late, huh. Well I'M HERE NOW DAMMIT.

My immediate response, copypasta from my FB status, but censored since this is a kids Pokemon site. XD

[spoil]HOLY F*CK. YESSSSS. BLEACH 459. FINALLLLLYYYY. God, I SWEAR I did NOT see that coming. I mean, I *did* but not... Not like THAT. For now at LEAST, my faith is restored in this series. F*CK. YES. PS I love that title. XD[/spoil]

And now for more in depth... Well I'll come back to that. I have to reread it since I was just so excited by the end. XD

Also, you guys on FB, check my status. I KNOW many of you have my facebook. you can find an uncensored version of my first impression. XD (It's not actually that different mind you...)

But you know...

[spoil]I guess Byakuya not wanting Rukia to have a seated position kinda didn't prevent her from getting one, huh. XD I'm not sure I like her hair cut but hey, I know who to cosplay if I ever cut my hair. =P Not that I plan to, mind you.[/spoil]

I'm also glad I read this AFTER I read the new Naruto chapter... Just because this was just so epic that I probably would have forgotten to read Naruto if I hadn't already. XD I mean, Bakuman doesn't come out until later in the week usually, and those 3 are the only weekly manga i read. So yeahhh~

I'm gonna have to pick up the next few volumes of this in the store when they're out in Japanese. I NEED TO OWN THIS CHAPTER. (I could have bought the magazine but I don't feel like it... I prefer to wait for the volumes in Japanese.) I have the first one of this arc, but I've yet to get anymore from this part of the series.

Anyway I guess that was the short arc Kubo mentioned...? I sure hope we have a nice chunk of series left, and we won't be stuck with half-finished battles like the one with Yammy or whatever... LOL Well anyway... THIS WAS AWESOME AND MY CONFIDENCE IN BLEACH HAS RETURNED. I'll be back to write more. (I also have to watch this week's episode, it probably can't top this LOL... But I'll be watching it when I can anyway. Probably tonight.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
*Semi-Shrill scream*GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! NO WAY! *clears throat* That was pretty freakin' awesome. Nice to see that Zangetsu has some small alterations and that the shinigami has some what comeback. But I am a little disappointed that his Kikaida-esqe fullbring will remain nameless..... he didn't name it right? But him going back to his original powers if really great.

Kurosaki Isshin, a fun, goofy character but has that mysterious, wise, powerful air too him.

And Don Kanonji comes in second. Hes Don Kanonji, nuff said. BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

arceus03

Unless you have an advantage in battle style over your opponent, Bankai would be the only option to match a Vereinigung.

Which means that we're going to see lots of bankai. Wooo. :p

No. It's simply combining an outlet for Quincy powers with an outlet for Shinigami powers. The Shikai provides the power behind the fusion, the Quincy abilities shape the ability into a favorable weapon. Personality, weapon preferences, and other things also factor into the effect the fusion has on both its appearance and power.

Ah, so a Vereinigung is only an enhanced version of a Quincy's bow, then? Would it be appropriate to call it as a Quincy's shikai/release/resurreccion/etc?

There's only one example: Kurai's Taka no Tsume.

Dammit, the one Zeruda has.

No, not premature. Her Vereinigung is perfectly formed, she just has another level of power beyond that.

Oh? I thought it was premature, since she said

“My Vereinigung has a special ability. By breaking its fused state prematurely, I can move at the speed of light for an instant.”

Yep.
Twice. If I don't notice a mistake or rough patch during the first proofread, I usually catch it during the second. This is why good authors need even better editors. My editor is on vacation :p

You're blowing your own trumpet? :p

Ah, don't worry about it. It was implied rather stealthily. isn't that fitting?

XD That it is, that it is.

A common misconception actually. I really only remember that detail because I'm a fan of the first few arcs.

Mhm hmm.

And no, I am not voulnteering to do this for you.

XD
Researches like that would probably be done with partners. ILPy would just bug his partner to write the journal/report/findings.

Hopefully some new captains are in order. And maybe Omaeda quit! *.*

[spoil]Pfffft, yeah right. Kubo will never do that to Ichigo. I like him better with the giant chef's knife anyways. ;p

Oh! Good theory there. That very well could be. We'll just have to wait.[/spoil]

Everyone hates Omaeda. Poor guy. XD

Meh, you never know. XP

=D

8O Good theory.
Though the way you're saying it, I think you're confusing how Rukia gave him her power, and how Isshin would.
Rukia lost her powers, but Ichigo got his own powers/zanpakutou.
In what I think you're saying, Isshin loses his powers, but Ichigo gets those ones instead, right? Because Isshin clearly put emphasis on how it was Rukia who was stabbing him.

Edit: Still failing. But yeah, looking over it again, you could be right in that Isshin is giving away his powers (hence the glowy sharp stick).

[spoil]So you're saying last time, Rukia lost her powers and a new power awoke inside Ichigo, but now, it's simply transferring Isshin's powers to Ichigo? That is probable, and it would explain the change in zanpakto shape as well, I guess.

But my main point was, Rukia got her own powers back in the end, so wouldn't Isshin get his powers again, sooner or later? That is, if it is really his powers that Rukia transferred to Ichigo.[/spoil]

So original.

XD This is like, the third or fourth time I see this topic, IIRC.

Zangetsu isn't the only Zanpaktou that's undergone a transformation. Did you see Sode no Shiryuki? God, that looks awful. And it looks like Rukia is a Lieutenant now, finally. And she's got the same gloves as Byakuya, so maybe she's an official member of the Kuchki family now?

[spoil]Waitwhat, Sode no Shirayuki was different? Which part? o.o

Official member... I thought she was always a member? XD

Now, if Kubo gives Rukia a bankai, that would be lovely :3[/spoil]

Anyone who's been in this club long enough would know what my answer would be. :3

UNOHANA 8D

First off, she's awesome. ^_^ And a very experienced Captain. She has a nice smile as well. And caring towards her subordinates. And she's awesome. Plus, she was able to detect something slightly off with Aizen's 'corpse' back then. But I think the main reason I like her so much is because how little Kubo has revealed about her. I mean like, it was mentioned that she's really good in kendo and whatnot, and her stats is 540/600, but we've seen very little of her in action, except for medic. And oh, did I mention she's awesome?

Da14u.C

La mort de Narcisse
so the animé this week was meh. science can defeat yamamoto (bahahahah) . Unohana was.... useless. regai unohana was pretty badass, even though all she used was kido, but nontheless: badass. the regai kyoraku is nothing like the real one. the real one is lazy and avoids releasing unless necessary, and is really kind even in a battle (referencing his battle with chad in the beginning). the regai one is cruel and looked like he actually enjoyed attacking nozomi. he was like kempachi basically. other than that, nothing interesting. no progress on the captains, and the lieutenants are as useless as they come. they ddnt even give the regai captains a run for their money. dont get me wrong, i know that they are lieutenants and hence, weaker than their captains and hence even weaker than the super powered regai, however, they did absolutely nothing :|

Favourite Bleach Character

Hm..... my favourite bleach characteris definately a showdown between Yumichika and Mayuri.

Yumichika is just pure vanity, and likes to keep secrets, which is something I like in a character - however, he is pretty weak and never wins when he doesnt release his true shikai which bugs me. Don't keep secrets unless you are strong enough to win without them :| Hisagi kept his shikai hidden for so long because he never needed it to win. so he is top3, but not top.

so my favourite character is..... (drum rolll please!!!!) Mayuri :)
he is very sexy, very evil, and very interesting :)

I hate Rukia's new haircut /of story

And it looks like Rukia is a Lieutenant now, finally. And she's got the same gloves as Byakuya, so maybe she's an official member of the Kuchki family now?
[spoil]
I think she looks cuter /story

I think the gloves may be more of a gift, in celebration of her new seat, as opposed to some kind of acceptance, because Rukia has used the Kuchiki name for however long, and you'd think that would be her an official member.
[/spoil]

Item: A minoan double-axe bracelet. The axe symbolizes execution, which is what the death penalty basically is.
Why do you have the symbolism of the axe and the death penalty, when you use a gun? It just seems a bit odd, to me.

Activation description: I hold out my arm and call out the name of my Fullbring. The bracelet flies into my hand, the axes pointing outward, and morphs into the gun, from the grip forward. Death Penalty's gun form is like a cross, with five gun barrels built into the focus points (the four endpoints of the cross and the center of where the arms intersect). There's a lot of fancy silver ornamentation all over the gun, and the chamber is a black and silver drum magizine built into the gun just in front of the trigger guard. The gun may seem barrel-heavy at first glance, but it's actually a perfectly balanced weapon.
Can I just say, it's a good thing you had a picture, because I know absolutely nothing about guns.

I don't really have anything to say about the guns besides "that's cool", mainly because there's nothing that stands out to me as being strange, or overpowered.

Anyway I guess that was the short arc Kubo mentioned...? I sure hope we have a nice chunk of series left, and we won't be stuck with half-finished battles or whatever...
Yeah, so far, this is only about 36 or so chapters? Obviously, it will continue for a bit more, but I think it will smoothly roll into the next arc (whatever that is).

XD
Researches like that would probably be done with partners. ILPy would just bug his partner to write the journal/report/findings.

[spoil]So you're saying last time, Rukia lost her powers and a new power awoke inside Ichigo, but now, it's simply transferring Isshin's powers to Ichigo? That is probable, and it would explain the change in zanpakto shape as well, I guess.

But my main point was, Rukia got her own powers back in the end, so wouldn't Isshin get his powers again, sooner or later? That is, if it is really his powers that Rukia transferred to Ichigo.[/spoil]
I probably would, yeah XD

[spoil]Well, I think it was that Rukia wanted to give half of her reiatsu, but Ichigo ended up taking all of it (I can't remember if that's because of the Hougyoku somehow, or if it's because of Ichigo's massive reiatsu). Then she eventually regained it, and Ichigo lost his of his own accord, etc.

In this case, however, something has happened to the blade (hence the glowing bit), and we know it's not Rukia's (because she has her blade by her hip). So perhaps it's Isshin's zanpakutou - but something happened to it (hence the glowing) that will transfer all of Isshin's power to Ichigo, permanently and entirely (so that Isshin doesn't regain any).[/spoil]

arceus03

regai unohana was pretty badass, even though all she used was kido, but nontheless: badass.

the regai kyoraku is nothing like the real one. the real one is lazy and avoids releasing unless necessary, and is really kind even in a battle (referencing his battle with chad in the beginning). the regai one is cruel and looked like he actually enjoyed attacking nozomi.

ikr. :D

[spoil]I think Rukia/Yoruichi mentioned this somewhere in the beginning of the arc. The clones are somewhat more prone towards battle, or something like that. While the original would have hesitated to attack, the reigai does not have that quality.

Though I do wonder what would happen if the reigai decided to plot against Kageroza instead. XD Or, if a Reigai Soifon fights Yoruichi.[/spoil]

I think she looks cuter /story

What is it with the /of story and /story thingy? o.o

[spoil]
In this case, however, something has happened to the blade (hence the glowing bit), and we know it's not Rukia's (because she has her blade by her hip). So perhaps it's Isshin's zanpakutou - but something happened to it (hence the glowing) that will transfer all of Isshin's power to Ichigo, permanently and entirely (so that Isshin doesn't regain any).[/spoil]

[spoil]Mhmm, could be. Bit sad if it is, since we'd never see Engetsu's powers then, but probability dictates it's the same as Zangetsu anyway, two major proofs being Isshin used Getsuga Tenshou as well and the reference he mentioned back in the Precipice World about his zanpakto not wanting to teach the FGT as well.[/spoil]

I'm betting Zam's hat that nobody is going to answer Omaeda for the current topic. XD

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Everyone knows Chad is my favorite character.
He's the strong silent type, with a manly mug. xD
He's also very loyal to his friends, and will do anything to protect them.
His powers are freaking awesome, but he's so underrated.

[spoil]Are you talking about the sword Rukia stabbed Ichigo with?
That wasn't Rukia's zanpakuto. Rukia's was on her hip.[/spoil]

EDIT: I thought about changing my Fullbring, my old one is kinda meh. So, I decided to do it. Also, something to note before you read it: for Shinigami and the like, dodging bullets probably isn't that difficult.

Opinions please.

Ability Details: Death Penalty's bullets are formed by my Fullbring abilities (i.e. changing the composition of matter), creating bullets from air while charging them with spiritual energy and destructive force so that they look yellow when fired. Its ammo capacity is basically only limited to my remaining spirit energy.

Death Penalty has several "attack modes". To switch between them, I need to flip the gun's hammer into different positions.

"Shotgun" (normal position [the one you see in the picture]): All five barrels of Death penalty fire at once each time I pull the trigger, and the bullets are fragmentary casings, meaning that they turn into shrapnel when they hit, and they hit hard. Not quite a shotgun, but it's close enough in terms of damage and range. Death Penalty's most lethal gunnery mode and my personal favorite, but limited to short- and mid-range attacks. I can fire this as fast as I can pull the trigger, meaning that if the first blast doesn't kill you, the second or third probably will.

Miniature "Gauss Cannon" (cocked back position): While not technically a Gauss Cannon or rail gun (the closest approximation I can think of for you non-Halo people, though it's technically not the same type of magnetic force application), the effect is basically the same: one extremely powerful shot, then a recharge time. The middle barrel fires one powerful round that looks like silvery-blue streak of light, then I have to cock the hammer back into position and wait for the gun to finish venting the excess power. The other four barrels still smoke when the round fires because they're releasing the excess force to relieve stress on the central barrel.

Burst Minigun (full up position [as though the gun had already fired and the hammer hasn't been cocked back again]): This mode fires a two-second burst of extremely high-speed (100 rounds per second [five barrel combined ROF], the same rate of fire as an M61A2 Vulcan gatling cannon) fire from all five barrels with each trigger pull (and no, I can't rapid-fire it, it takes a few seconds before I can do this again and it's exhausting to sustain the cycle for more than three rounds of fire and recharge). This uses us a crapload of spirit energy, and each individual round carries about one-tenth the force of a single "Shotgun" mode bullet, i.e. half a bullet's normal force. However, 200 rounds over two seconds is enough to annhilate any target at the right range.

"Gunsword" mode (I actually have to force the hammer and trigger guard into the stock of the gun): This is my close quarters mode. When this activates (when I push the hammer and trigger guard into the stock), the four arms of the cross pop outward and the center barrel sinks into the gun. I flick my arm out to the side, making a 4.5 foot long silver broadsword blade appear from the handle. The four extended arms of the cross act as a guard while my grip shifts to the hamer's old position. The blade isn't perfectly balanced, but it's good enough for me. The changeover isn't instantaneous, which means that despite the ability to engage in close quarters combat, it leaves me open for a few moments while it's switching forms. It's also not possible to fire the gun in this mode, as the barrels are disconnected from the firing chamber and the trigger and hammer are both part of the stock at this point. To change this back to gun mode, I have to dissolve the blade and push the barrels back together (which isn't difficult, but again, changeover time).

What it looks like:

Bracelet:
JP10035SB.jpg

Gun Form:
DoC_Death_Penalty_Artwork.png

Sorry, no pictures of the blade form. Although the blade itself looks something like Kai's Koorimizu in Shikai, only straight rather than wavy.
It sounded awesome, and like something I'd have for a Fullbring, until you got into the gun. ;p
I don't think the executioner's axe fits with the gun motif.
But it's your Fullbring, and you can do whatever you want.
It's still pretty cool overall.

[spoil]In this case, however, something has happened to the blade (hence the glowing bit), and we know it's not Rukia's (because she has her blade by her hip). So perhaps it's Isshin's zanpakutou - but something happened to it (hence the glowing) that will transfer all of Isshin's power to Ichigo, permanently and entirely (so that Isshin doesn't regain any).[/spoil]
I think that's probably the most likely theory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.