• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
If any two Bleach characters were to become a comedy duo, who do you think would do a good job, and why?
My first thought of a comedic pair in Bleach was 3rd seats of Squad 13, Kiyone and Sentaro.
Those two are always bickering with each other. :p

I think you guys will like this one... :)

Create a forbidden Kido spell. You could include its level number, type, and an incantation.
"I developed this Kido spell a little while after achieving bankai, influnced by its 7 forms of execution." (I thought a little backstory would be nice, shaddup...)

Bakudo #85, Gōmon (拷問 ; Torture, The Rack)
The target's limbs are bound with ropes of yellow Spiritual Energy that are attached to cylindrical bars on a large plank (made of Spirit Particles). The spell caster has the ability to slowly rotate the top bar, to which the victim's arms are connected. Without the incantation, the spell only binds the limbs and stretches them to a painful length, without dislocating them.

Incantation: Wicked heart! Wrath? Deception? Theft? Lay bare your sins! Pain is your salvation and suffering. Wails of the damned! Reach further. Only treasured when it is lost. Repent now, or forever feel misery!

Anime expo on Saturday was awesome. I didn't cosplay as Ulquiorra again, though, I just went as... me. I have some pics of some cool cosplays though, will post them later.

Also, happy belated birthday to Kusari!
I had already VM'd on Saturday though so XP

But the building DID have a physical change. :p
[spoil]I mean a physical change ON HIM. Because he's the only common factor. Could he have gone to someone's past and made it so that they worked out a lot, and he'd suddenly be incredibly muscular, or something.[/spoil]

Eh, how many new members have we had since Rex joined? How many are actually active?
You picked the most recent active member on purpose :/
But if you look at how many members have joined FROM THE START and how many have had at least a period of activity when first joining - enough to be able to make stats (since that was the point of the whole argument...) - then you can see that having more members generally means more stats.

[spoil]
266898_700b.jpg
[/spoil]
>Assumes that God is love
Still lol'd anyway.
It is a medic's duty to prevent a mutilation of bodies of any sort. Vivisection and bludgeoning certainly fall under that category.

Plus, vivisection hurts.
Where were you when I reviewed Kusari's fics?
1)Its actually grey hair, doesn't make much of a difference anyway.
2) It's translucent, not transparent. They're two slightly different things.
But here ya go, my good man.

I could of figured it out myself, if I thought about it long and/or hard enough. Or would of eventually relearned it from my A&P 142 class next semester.
Spoilered because Off Topic and it's a fair amount of my post:
From the actual article (the only important bit):
Article said:
Initially, hair is white. The cells in our hair follicles called “Melanocytes” generate pigments the main one being Melanin. This gives our hair its “Colour”.
In general, the more melanin present, the darker the hair colour; the less melanin, the lighter the hair colour.
When these Melanocytes stop producing the pigment the result is a transparent hair. The transparent hair against your healthier darker hair gives the appearance of Gray hair. In reality the hair is not Gray but transparent.
Harvard scientists propose that a failure of melanocyte stem cells (MSC) to maintain the production of melanocytes could cause the graying of hair.

Okay, so melanin causes the colour of the hair. When no melanin is produced, we get translucent hair, which looks white/grey because of all of the other black hairs. However, we know that anime logic/biology is very different from real-life biology; the crazy hairstyles that defy gravity, the weird colours, etc. So I think it makes sense that - yes in real life "grey"/"white" hair is actually translucent - in an anime, there are actually pigments for all of the colours on (and off) the rainbow.

The 9gag image thing is like, epic. XD I LOVE THAT SITE!!! *shot* Yeah. lol
*High fives* 9gag yes.
Dunno if anyone cares, but if you're curious, here's the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErE_ZX5gF0
This was DEFINITELY one of those songs where not knowing the lyrics and not watching the video makes the song IMMENSELY better. Especially when you imagine the line "Don't Stop Me from eating cake" could be passed as undecipherable Engrish.

I much prefer this video and song.

If any two Bleach characters were to become a comedy duo, who do you think would do a good job, and why?
Isshin/Ryuuken, Urahara/Yoruichi, Ichigo/Ishida.

Create a forbidden Kido spell. You could include its level number, type, and an incantation.

Number: 90
Type: Could be either.
Name: Burakku Houru/Black Hole (yes, I know, Engrish for Black Hole, but the jp.wiki page has that).
Incantation: Warp the very fabric of reality itself! Bend space and time around a single point and compress into the singularity!
Effects: It super compresses the reiryoku and reishi in an area into a tiny dot - no larger than the size of an entire atom. This super high-dense state causes insane gravity, pulling everything towards it. Anything that passes the event horizon is broken down into the basic reishi and reiatsu particles, adding to the mass of the Black Hole. If it passes the singularity, the reishi and reiatsu particles get stored in another universe.

Number: 90 (Part 2)
Type: Could be either.
Name: Howaito Houru/White Hole (yes, I know, Engrish for White Hole, but the jp.wiki page has that).
Incantation: Warp the very fabric of reality itself! Bend space and time around a single point and compress into the singularity!
Effects: Again, it supercompresses the reiryoku and reishi in the area, however, instead of the gravity causes it to pull, it actually spits out the reishi and reiatsu that have been stored in the "other universe". This will only work if a Black Hole/Burakku Houru has been used at least once before.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Ahh, a topic I can really get behind. Excellent.

Type: Neither

Number: N/A

Name: Nozomu Jihimuzan (Nozomu means 'to see or percieve', jihi meas 'mercy', and muzan means 'cruelty')

Incantation: Humanity, struggling in the bonds of the soul, lay thyself bare! Let expectation, rightousness, and sin fall away! Eexpect nothing beyond; leave nothing behind, for thou shalt not return!

Effects: Nozomu Jihimuzan is one of the few Kidou spells that directly affects the caster. Their iris turns a deep, glowing purple (han purple, to be precise), and their pupil becomes diamond shaped. While the spell is active, the caster can see and percieve all the ingrained human qualities of those they lay eyes on. This makes the spell indespensable in psychological tactics, allowing the user to find out every weakness, insecurity, deficency, and wrongness of their target down to the smallest things. A skilled interrogator can use this to break even the most hardened subjects, and in battle it allows conniving wielders to prey upon the very humanity and sense of place of their opponents.

Why the technique is forbidden: The spell was developed for controlled interrogations, but its use in psychological warfare proved too dangerous, and the nature of the spell was that anyone with an above-average intellect could use the spell to sow doubt and weakness in their opponents or those they disliked. Still more Shinigami utilized the spell for selfish ends, inspiring terror and fear in those beneath them and using it to manipulate those above them. Eventually, enough of the Rukongai populace learned of the spell's supposed effects that they began to fear and mistrust their Shinigami guardians, and so the Council of 46 decreed that spell, its incantation, and all relevant literature on Nomozu Jihimuzan be eradicated and all abusers of the spell be rooted out and executed. This caused a large period of upheval when several Captains and Lieutenants, as well as a fair number of seated officers, were found to have been abusers of the spell.

@Arc: LOL @ that 9gag pic. That's too funny.

Happy Birthday Kusari!

Last edited:

arceus03

I forgot. >.<

Happy belated birthday Kusari

2) It's translucent, not transparent. They're two slightly different things.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You said transparent before. XD

I know, right? XD

The 9gag image thing is like, epic. XD I LOVE THAT SITE!!! *shot*

Who doesn't?

I don't somehow think a forbidden Kido would have a number or type, because if the number is known it would exactly be forbidden. XD

[spoil]I mean a physical change ON HIM. Because he's the only common factor. Could he have gone to someone's past and made it so that they worked out a lot, and he'd suddenly be incredibly muscular, or something.[/spoil]

[spoil]Which gives you the thought... why doesn't he make Byakuya like, amputated or something? Can he do that? XD[/spoil]

You picked the most recent active member on purpose :/
But if you look at how many members have joined FROM THE START and how many have had at least a period of activity when first joining - enough to be able to make stats (since that was the point of the whole argument...) - then you can see that having more members generally means more stats.

Remind me to never question your logic again

Where were you when I reviewed Kusari's fics?

I like the fact that you didn't realize I was talking about a literal body rather than kusari's meaning of metaphorical body of your fic

Unless you were trolling me, which I somehow doubt.

*High fives* 9gag yes.

What else? :p

This was DEFINITELY one of those songs where not knowing the lyrics and not watching the video makes the song IMMENSELY better. Especially when you imagine the line "Don't Stop Me from eating cake" could be passed as undecipherable Engrish.

XD Yeah, I like the beat but I didn't know what it was about, so yeah. Cakes.

Are we going to start posting links to our favorite K-Pop songs now?

Ahh, a topic I can really get behind. Excellent.

@Arc: LOL @ that 9gag pic. That's too funny.

you certainly put a good deal amount of thought behind it

I know, right? :p

Create a forbidden Kido spell.
I had one in mind about reanimating dead corpses, but that sounds way too much unoriginal. Voldemort and Orochimaru used it already. Even another idea that I had in mind does not sound any different from Tsunade's Creation Rebirth technique soooo.. =|

I'll think up of one in my sleep. Just want to throw this out here. Since we were speaking of songs. Can you hear Byakuya somewhere in this song? XD

Last edited:
This makes the spell indespensable in psychological tactics, allowing the user to find out every weakness, insecurity, deficency, and wrongness of their target down to the smallest things. A skilled interrogator can use this to break even the most hardened subjects, and in battle it allows conniving wielders to prey upon the very humanity and sense of place of their opponents.
A psychological kidou, not surprised you made one of those.

I don't somehow think a forbidden Kido would have a number or type, because if the number is known it would exactly be forbidden. XD
Copy and pasted from the Bleach.Wikia site itself:
Bleach.Wikia said:
96. Ittō Kasō (一刀火葬, Lone Blade Cremation) A forbidden spell used by Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto. It is a spell that causes a huge pillar of fire to erupt from the ground in the shape of a katana's tip.
Soyeah. I guess just because it's forbidden, doesn't mean it can't be listed.
[spoil]Which gives you the thought... why doesn't he make Byakuya like, amputated or something? Can he do that? XD[/spoil]
[spoil]In theory, I guess so. Could he go change ones' past so that he stabbed them as a baby? Logically, yes. [/spoil]
Remind me to never question your logic again
Yeah.
It's one of my Berserk Buttons. Though I didn't explode.

I like the fact that you didn't realize I was talking about a literal body rather than kusari's meaning of metaphorical body of your fic

Unless you were trolling me, which I somehow doubt.
Bit of both.
Create a forbidden Kido spell.
I had one in mind about reanimating dead corpses, but that sounds way too much unoriginal. Voldemort and Orochimaru used it already. Even another idea that I had in mind does not sound any different from Tsunade's Creation Rebirth technique soooo.. =|
I figure a large number of Genjetsu from Naruto would make great Forbidden Kidou spells.

minchan

konvirt2mudkipizm
My first thought of a comedic pair in Bleach was 3rd seats of Squad 13, Kiyone and Sentaro.
Those two are always bickering with each other. :p

FFFFFFFFFFF HOW DO I NOT REMEMBER THIS STUFF. orz I have failed you, fellow Bleach fans.

*High fives* 9gag yes.

OMGIKR!!!

I much prefer this video and song.

CAKE. I LIEK CAKE ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LIEK MUDKIPZ. (I think that says something. XD)

Isshin/Ryuuken, Ichigo/Ishida.

I like how this works in two generations.

I figure a large number of Genjetsu from Naruto would make great Forbidden Kidou spells.

Isn't that plagiarism...?

Also... It was Kusari's birthday? I didn't even KNOW. >.<

Hey, for the record, my birthday is December 20th. BUY ME PRESENTS AND CAKE.

Oh yeah, I DID just link that video again. XD LOL

arceus03

Copy and pasted from the Bleach.Wikia site itself:

Soyeah. I guess just because it's forbidden, doesn't mean it can't be listed.

Eh, it didn't exactly mention in the manga that Itto Kaso was forbidden, it only said that it was sacrifical. I don't know where Bleach Wiki got that Itto Kaso is a forbidden spell.

If you want to quote Bleach wiki, there's also a part from the upper section that says

Forbidden Kido: a form of classification for Kido spells that are considered illegal by the Soul Society. The use of such spells will commonly result in some form of lengthy imprisonment. The only known Kido spells that fall under this class are those that involve the manipulation of space and time.

Sacrifical Kido is also listed as a sub-category, which shows that they didn't really mix those two up.

[spoil]In theory, I guess so. Could he go change ones' past so that he stabbed them as a baby? Logically, yes. [/spoil]

Isn't that what you and Eon debated over a few pages ago? I've forgotten. So the conclusion is? :p

Yeah.
It's one of my Berserk Buttons. Though I didn't explode.

TROPE LINK GRAH RAARRHHH

Bit of both.

As if

What are Genjetsu? *does not read Naruto*

*a few seconds and a Google tab later*

... You mean Genjutsu?

Name: Infinite Overdrive (I'd like to have a translation, but I think Overdrive translated into Japanese IS Overdrive. So... Mugen no Overdrive? XD)

Incantation: Take the thread of control into thy hands. Unravel and set everything loose. Rise before the fallen. Glory before the damned. Spread before the scrunched. Lengthen before the coiled. Open before the closed. Red bow. Blue thread. Black box. Yellow light. White particle. Imbibe, compress, release and disrupt.

Effects: This Kido affects the user in the way that it extracts his innate powers and forcibly brings them out. The Kido raises the power by 10 - so that an unreleased shinigami who uses this Kido would roughly have the same potential as his normal bankai state. The reishi store that the user himself has is irrelevant because this Kido takes in the reishi of the surrounding and converts them into the user's own, much like how a Quincy's reishi absorption works. This Kido also enhances the user's physical capabilities (for sudden increase in spiritual power without the equal amount of increment in physical power will cause the user's body to be unable to take the strain) in the way that it enables the user to cope with the heightened amount of spiritual input and to increase the cells' capability of producing energy and replacing damaged cells. Hayflick limit is not a problem here (since presumable a shinigami's cell physiology is different from a human... or a ninja)

What the Kido does is that it increases the speed, offense and defense of a shinigami tremendously. It enables the shinigami to reach into his powers even though he had previously no experience of them (e.g. bankai).. But obviously, those who haven't achieved bankai would not be adept enough to perform this spell in the first place. It also enables a shinigami who is skilled enough in reishi control to freely manipulate spiritual particles without actually absorbing them first, so you can suddenly make a Shakkaho appear behind an opponent, for example.

So basically, it's a combination of Tsunade's Creation Rebirth and Rock Lee's gates. Or Eon's bankai, but without the heightened amount of sensory input and enormous sense of pain.

Why the spell is forbidden: Obvious reason is obvious While the technique is dangerous if employed wrongly, the main reason behind the ban is because of the rate of reishi absorption of the technique. It is consumed in a rate such that the entire Soul Society would crumble into nothingness if a shinigami uses this technique for a period of even ten minutes. One could argue that the spiritrons in question doesn't really "go away" (conservation of energy and whatnot) but it would simply reduce everything into nothingness (the reishi that were once the roof of a building are now freely floating around). That's still a huge amount of damage though.

Though one doesn't really need to use this Kido to obliterate the universe... We know that /0 does tha- BOOM

Hm. A bit unoriginal, yeah I might try to make up think of another one... which would be somewhat related to 4th Squad in particular, but I'm not THAT creative :p That, and there's an exam this Thursday

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Eh, it didn't exactly mention in the manga that Itto Kaso was forbidden, it only said that it was sacrifical. I don't know where Bleach Wiki got that Itto Kaso is a forbidden spell.

If you want to quote Bleach wiki, there's also a part from the upper section that says
Forbidden Kido: a form of classification for Kido spells that are considered illegal by the Soul Society. The use of such spells will commonly result in some form of lengthy imprisonment. The only known Kido spells that fall under this class are those that involve the manipulation of space and time.
Sacrifical Kido is also listed as a sub-category, which shows that they didn't really mix those two up.
I'm pretty sure Itto Kaso (and probably any other sacrificial Kido) would be labeled as a forbidden Kido.
The 13 CGS wouldn't want Soul Reapers to kill themselves every time they want to use a strong Kido. ;p

Name: Infinite Overdrive (I'd like to have a translation, but I think Overdrive translated into Japanese IS Overdrive. So... Mugen no Overdrive? XD)
Two good words that I came up with, are...
Zōkyō (増強 ; augment, enhancement)
Takameru (高める ; improve, raise, boost)​
So the Kido spell uses the caster's latent potential to increase their physical abilities by tenfold?

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
...ok, I've got the urge to make up ridiculous amounts of forbidden Kidou. So, I will. Over time. Starting now.

Name: Mugen Yumegokochi (Infinite Dream State)

Incantation: End and beginning as one! Form the circle that guides all creation, ceaselessly spinning into the void! Let the Cosmos become Chaos; repent the truth and hide all sin!

Effects: This Kidou spell is the ultimate "binding" Kidou, which literally traps the target in their own mind, reliving their past over and over. The Kidou first summons an illusion of the target's death, then the real Kidou gets its hooks in the target while they're distracted. This makes the target believe that they have died, and then it traps them in a cycle of 'mental reincarnation', starting them over again from their earliest recollections with no memory of the previous cycle. It is an inescapable Kidou because, unlike projected illusions (Genjutsu, Kyouka Suigetsu), the target's own mind is supplying the "illusion"; the only way it will be released is with the death of the caster or the caster willing it to be released. If it is released after about ten years or so, this usually leaves the target broken, awake and yet completely unable to interact with the world around them, due to the severe mental trauma. While it is possible to recover from it, the likelyhood of recovery is substantially low, and even if they recover the target will usually suffer from memetic relapses for the rest of their life

Why the spell is forbidden: Besides the obvious "this spell traps the target in their own subconcious until further notice" thing, and the "side effects may include, but are not limited to" clause. The spell was originally created to prevent criminals with life sentences from escaping prison, but an unscrupulous scientist once used Mugen Yumegokochi to capture fellow Shinigami for experiments. He would work on them for sometimes as much as twenty years at a time, enhancing their bodies to create the ultimate soldiers, and then used the mental trauma they had experienced in conjunction with torture to completely break them. A few false memory implantations and some flash training so they could function in and out of combat, he had them under his complete control. After his experimentation, he had several fighters that rivaled Captain-class Shinigami in power, and he himself was also a Captain. Later, he tried to stage a rebellion and nearly succeeded, but was brought up short when faced with the combined force of all the Captains and Lieutenants. Still, the Head Captain, three Captains (not including him), and seven Lieutenants had fallen in the fighting, and several seated officers had become his experiments. In the aftermath of his rebellion and the subsequent discovery of his use of the spell, the Central 46 purged all records and users of Mugen Yumegokochi forever.

Last edited:

kusari

Raptastic
I herd u liek kido.

Name: Honnou (Instinct)

Incantation: Faceless one,*sever that which pains you.*Reaching up, grasping nothing.*Carve upon golden sand, your soulless silhouette.*When the silver strand breaks the cycle, find your broken sight. Rolling envy, cascade over fallen skies. Draw slowly your final breath.*Now, open your eyes and be blinded by the sun!

Effects: This kido is of the psychological variety. It was a beta form of another kido. The full kido, also deemed "Forbidden", was used to increase the fighting ablility of soldiers to levels ten times higher than average. Being a beta test, this kido is much more destructive. The target of the kido, be it the caster or another person, has their instinct boosted 30 fold. This causes their brain to produce extreme amounts of adrenaline and other hormones. This forces their body to become supercharged, increasing their physical strength and speed. The target essentially becomes a super soldier.

Why it's forbidden: There are multiple reasons for the banning of this kido, the main being the destructive capabilities. Once the target is under the influence of the kido, they become little more than a rabid animal. They're reasoning is thrown out and their brain becomes purely instinctual. They show no remorse or compassion and cannot be reasoned with. However, with the right the right bait, the target can be controlled, like a common guard dog. This lead to abuse of the kido when shinigami would build personal guard units of rabid soul reapers to enforce their will.

arceus03

Hweeeee.

Manga. =D
[spoil] So there you have it. A bunch of flashbacks. Lol. I wonder if Shuu-chan and Hinjou are going to have them too at some points. Hmm.

Lolwut, the weak are too few? Kubo y u no follow the food pyramid order?

Ahaha, now Rukia is also starting to talk about friendship. I thought it was only Ichigo who does that. >.> And it's cool she cal use Tsukishiro in that form. XD

Though, what happened in the last panel? She got... punched? Also, why did I get out of this stupid doll? She liked it being in there! XD

And next chapter we're back to Byakuya. YAAAAAAAY. 8D[/spoil]

I'm pretty sure Itto Kaso (and probably any other sacrificial Kido) would be labeled as a forbidden Kido.
The 13 CGS wouldn't want Soul Reapers to kill themselves every time they want to use a strong Kido. ;p

Ahaha, though I think it would only be counted as forbidden if it's extremely devastating by nature... I mean like, Itto Kaso only causes damage. (Well huge damage yeah, but still.) The ones Tessai used are much more sinister in its own nature if used by the wrong person.

Two good words that I came up with, are...
Zōkyō (増強 ; augment, enhancement)
Takameru (高める ; improve, raise, boost)​
So the Kido spell uses the caster's latent potential to increase their physical abilities by tenfold?

Hmm.. I still like the term "Overdrive" :p

And spiritual, yeah.

...ok, I've got the urge to make up ridiculous amounts of forbidden Kidou. So, I will. Over time. Starting now.

Cool, let's all do that =D
*saves them*

... Any chance of these cropping up somewhere in a fic or two? XD

Incantation: Faceless one,*sever that which pains you.*Reaching up, grasping nothing.*Carve upon golden sand, your soulless silhouette.*When the silver strand breaks the cycle, find your broken sight. Rolling envy, cascade over fallen skies. Draw slowly your final breath.*Now, open your eyes and be blinded by the sun!

*eyes filled with tears* That incantation is awesome!

Last edited:
Flashbacks. Hmm, there are only 8 more weeks left of the year, so I'm doubting that he will finish the arc by the end of 2011.

Riruka's flashback:
Okay, taking her sister's (most likely) doll, explains her Fullbring about "cute things" and how she sort of... takes possession and control over them.
Ah, okay, so we know that she was very innocent with how she used her powers; using it only really to do what she wanted.

Yukio's flashback:
The only thing with his is that it's quite... a high level of thinking, something that I wouldn't really expect of a really young child (how old does he look, 4, 5?).

Giriko's flashback:
And there is Giriko's relevance of the watch, and his obsession with the "GODS OF TIME".
That... is strange. Why would it take his eye? Unless there are some kind of "GODS OF TIME" in the watch.

Jackie's flashback:
I think of all the Fullbringers, she is (as a character) the most normal.
And then, suddenly, everyone dies. Though I can't really tell if that was because of "normal" reasons (like, even without the boots, they would have died), or if the boots caused some kind of bad luck or something.

Like Arc said, the pyramid doesn't work with the "they're weak because there are too few", especially since the whole point of "weak" and "strong" are that they're relative...

So the XCution is all about Fullbringers who have become outcasts due to their powers. I guess this makes sense in that Orihime and Chad have not been recruited, because they AREN'T outcasts. Possibly, if they were, XCution would have called them up.

Then again, we know that Trollkishima messes up with pasts/memories so...

And... how did Sode no Shirayuki come out?

Ah, yes, the sneezing, like when she sneezed on Ichigo and... that guy.

I think that punch might be some kind of bomb or something. Something that would do a lot of damage, maybe even to them both.

Next week Tsukishima and Byakuya. Hopefully that will be wrapped up.

Alright, this means that we have 4 Fullbringers defeated or very close to defeated, and with their flashbacks out of the way.

Isn't that what you and Eon debated over a few pages ago? I've forgotten. So the conclusion is? :p
IDK, I think the argument stopped because I disappeared for a weekend.

TROPE LINK GRAH RAARRHHH
Bwuahaha.

What are Genjetsu? *does not read Naruto*

*a few seconds and a Google tab later*

... You mean Genjutsu?
Yeah, haven't read it in a while.

Golde

Always Searching~
Hey guys, just stopping in to say my computer is crap. :/ next time I head home I'll probably bring both and try to get my friend to fix them. I have two computers, three OS, and none work -_- I hate it. But for now please bear with. Ant, you know what to do :p

I'm actually liking the manga, even though its kinda bad. I don't really have any complaints, aside from the fact that some of the fights are kinda...unexplained or shot.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Why the spell is forbidden: Besides the obvious "this spell traps the target in their own subconcious until further notice" thing, and the "side effects may include, but are not limited to" clause. The spell was originally created to prevent criminals with life sentences from escaping prison, but an unscrupulous scientist once used Mugen Yumegokochi to capture fellow Shinigami for experiments. He would work on them for sometimes as much as twenty years at a time, enhancing their bodies to create the ultimate soldiers, and then used the mental trauma they had experienced in conjunction with torture to completely break them. A few false memory implantations and some flash training so they could function in and out of combat, he had them under his complete control. After his experimentation, he had several fighters that rivaled Captain-class Shinigami in power, and he himself was also a Captain. Later, he tried to stage a rebellion and nearly succeeded, but was brought up short when faced with the combined force of all the Captains and Lieutenants. Still, the Head Captain, three Captains (not including him), and seven Lieutenants had fallen in the fighting, and several seated officers had become his experiments. In the aftermath of his rebellion and the subsequent discovery of his use of the spell, the Central 46 purged all records and users of Mugen Yumegokochi forever.
The first few sentences there made it sound like that could have been the reason Mayuri was locked up in the Maggot's Nest.
It's been in the dub, doesn't need spoilers.​

Cool, let's all do that =D
*saves them*

... Any chance of these cropping up somewhere in a fic or two? XD
I was thinking maybe some of us could make one-shot origin fics about them.
I was thinking this even more after reading Kusari and Eon's forbidden Kido.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Riruka: I'm a mean little baby girl, aren't I sympathetic?
Yukio: I hate my parents because I don't do what they ask of me, aren't I sympathetic?
Jackie: My family died because they were criminals, aren't I sympathetic?
Ginjou: I killed my wife as an experiment. I'm evil.

Yes, and apparently, the Law of the Jungle is the complete inverse of the True Law of the Jungle. According to Bleach, There are more owls in the jungle than there are rats, and more rats than there are crickets, and more crickets than there are blades of grass.
And now the blades of grass are saying "Screw you crickets! We are the superior species here, we will be the dominant ones of this ecosystem!"
I just got confused with my own analogy...

Hey guys, just stopping in to say my computer is crap. :/ next time I head home I'll probably bring both and try to get my friend to fix them. I have two computers, three OS, and none work -_- I hate it. But for now please bear with. Ant, you know what to do :p
Oh wow.
*Salutes* Yessir. Though I don't think that anything actually really needs to be done atm...
Yes, and apparently, the Law of the Jungle is the complete inverse of the True Law of the Jungle. According to Bleach, There are more owls in the jungle than there are rats, and more rats than there are crickets, and more crickets than there are blades of grass.
And now the blades of grass are saying "Screw you crickets! We are the superior species here, we will be the dominant ones of this ecosystem!"
[spoil]I really do hope that bit of dialogue gets changed in the anime, or in the official translations. [/spoil]

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
These spells strike me as the kind of thing a villainous Dauc would use.

Name: Rakuin (Stigma)

Incantation: Death, that which is absolute in this world, heed my call. Cast this foe into the beyond and gift them with darkness eternal.

Effects: Rakuin is a vicious and dastardly Kidou, created for the specific purpose of killing someone with as much pain as possible. The spell inflicts a brand on the opponent, marking them for death, and the brand releases a spiritualized virus, designed to cause a sort "spiritual autoimmune response". In effect, the target is literally torn apart inside out by their own spirit energy. Unlike physical pain, this directly strikes the nerve centers at full intensity, and makes it impossible for the target to pass out from the pain as well. Rakuin is one of the few ways, besides Quincy arrows, of completely destroying a soul, thus making it one of the most unnatural Kidou spells ever invented.

Why the spell is forbidden: Besides the obvious, there exists a method for delaying the activation of the Rakuin brand. The brand turns white, signifying that the target is still afflicted with the spell, but that it is currently inactive. By hanging the threat of death over the heads of others, evil users of Rakuin (is there any good person who would actually use this spell?) could potentially control them.

Active Brand:
183px-L%27Cie_Mark_Anima.png

Inactive Brand:
826px-Fang%27s_burnt_brand.png

Name: Bachiatari no Tsume (Fingernail of the Accursed)

Incantation: Malice, mark my foe. Bind their heart in chains and fill their blood with fire. Enslave all that remains and send them to their fate.

Effects: Bachiatari no Tsume is a horrifyingly effecient and diabolical Kidou. It marks the target with one single fingernail in deep purple, on their left ring finger, containing a horribly potent spiritualized poison. As the target has disloyal thoughts or acts without loyalty to the caster, the nail will slowly turn violet, then red, slowly releasing the toxin into their system. When the nail turns purest crimson, the target will invariably die. The only way to rid oneself of the poison is to cut out the heart of their best friend (or some equivalent, such as a master or apprentice) and dip their finger into its blood. That's exactly why the spell is so efficient, either way, one person the caster dislikes or is an enemy of will die.

Why the spell is forbidden: Again, besides the obvious, the spell is perfect for enslaving others because it prevents the target from even thinking about being disloyal to the caster. I think that should be self-explanatory. The spell is also reactive, and responds to "rules" laid out by the caster (i.e. if the caster says that a certain person is not your friend, you cannot actively think of them that way, ect).

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I had no idea how much you'd love this forbidden kido topic, Eon. xD
I've saved all the forbidden kido thus far in word documents and I summarized a few of the spell descriptions.
I also found complete Japanese translations (using online translators) for all of the spells.
So now the names include Japanese text, Romaji, and English translations.

I figured Rakuin would be classified as a Hado spell, and Mugen Yumegokochi as a Bakudo spell.
But Bachiatari no Tsume is harder to classify, so I just kept it as none.
Also, from what I could get out of the online translators, Nozomu means more to hope or wish for something, than to see something.
Mitetoru is seems closer to "to perceive" than Nozomu. >.>

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I didn't expect to get this done so quickly, but here you go. Slightly filler-ish, but still a good chunk of writing, and it's decent.

Last time on Hunting Death Itself...
Rouga interrogated the Jäger prisoner Hans Maier, forcing him to tell everything he knew about their plans. Senny confronted him about Kida's hatred, and Rouga told of their history, in addition to the story of what happened to his pack. Senny later accused him of being a coward, bringing his wolf side to the surface and getting tossed unceremoniously from Rouga's office. Now, Rouga and Ant plan their strategy for the upcoming war, and a new enemy reveals himself...

“You’re late, Rouga,” Ant’s toneless voice stated as the Squad 7 Captain crossed the threshold of his laboratory. “0.084 microseconds, to be precise.”

Rouga scoffed, following it up with a yawn appropriate to being up at 0700 hours. “That’s so infinitesimal that even my nervous system can’t compensate for it,” he commented, giving Ant a halfhearted glare.

“I said to arrive precisely on time, not any sooner or later.”

Rouga paused; wondering briefly if that was Ant’s version of humor before dismissing it. “Well, I’m here now. Let’s get on with it.”

Ant nodded, standing from his all-metal desk and walking to the center of the cold steel chamber, where a device that looked like a steel pool table had been set up. He pressed a panel on the side, the scanner inside verifying both his biometrics and his computer codes before the whole table shimmered to life, displaying a 3D hologram of the Soul Society. “I took the liberty of creating a holographic map to prepare our strategy.”

Rouga nodded. “Move it to grid square 107-51,” he murmured. The hologram flashed, as though responding to his voice, and the image shifted to a canyon lined with high cliffs and a narrow pass. “This is the key to our initial strategy. The Jäger would go through this pass, with its well-defended approach and the impossibility of using the upper cliffs to gain any advantage; they’re too tall and steep to mount an attack from and with the number of lower cliffs it would be impossible to get good aim with powerful ranged attacks. Bringing the canyon down on them wouldn’t work either, their leaders are too strong for that to stop them, and they’d destroy the whole canyon before we could execute the plan.”

“That would make a formidable defense,” Ant murmured. “We’d be forced to wait until they came out of the canyon to attack.”

“Normally, I’d agree with you,” Rouga replied. “However, if we place a small force of Shinigami here…” He pointed to a grid point near the end of the canyon, which immediately lit up with black unit markers in the shape of triangles. “…and set up Kuukanten’i Kidou circles at their position, they’ll turn back as soon as they receive reports from their scouts. The threat of us bottlenecking and surrounding them in the pass is too great.”

“I assume you’ll want the Kidou Corps to man this position, correct?” Ant asked.
Rouga shook his head. “No, just round up a group of Kidou-capable Shinigami and fashion some sort of key to activate those portals. We’ll need the Kidou Corps for the main part of the battle.”

“Speaking of which,” Ant stated. “How many Jäger will we be facing? I’ve heard what the prisoner supplied you with, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter.”

“According to Hans Maier, we’ll be facing just under 600 Jäger under the command of their respective division commanders, compared to roughly 2,000 Shinigami in the combat arena. That’s four mid-strength companies, plus Zeruda and the rest of the Innen Kreis, the original Jäger; we have 11 Captains, the hundred-man Kidou Corps, and about 150 Shinigami from each company, save for Squad 4, which will have only 100 on the battlefield itself. If I’m right, we’ll also be facing roughly 100 or so of the shadow creatures that attacked Squad 7 on the day of Seijuro’s death.”

“The smaller or larger ones?”

“Larger, most likely. However, they’ll be spread out across the battlefield, so we won’t have to worry about forming another task force to get at them.” Rouga smiled grimly. “Unfortunately, if I’m right, we won’t be facing a number less than half our own. There’s no way Zeruda has taken so few recruits from the World of the Living during the past five centuries. In fact, I’m almost certain that, when her reinforcements arrive, they will outnumber us by roughly 1,000 soldiers.”

Ant now looked mildly alarmed. Mildly. “You can’t be serious.”

“I am. The number of recruits she probably has stationed in the World of the Living for training and the collection of more soldiers are from centuries of just buildup and no real combat, meaning unlike us, they’re not losing members to fighting off Hollows and god knows what else.” Rouga shrugged. “It doesn’t matter too much in this case. We possess five distinct advantages over the Jäger in this kind of combat.”

“Those being?” Ant asked, the hologram shifting around to compute Rouga’s figures for the troop count.

“First is our technology, which the Jäger utterly lack. Second is our strategic minds and our forward planning, which the Jäger can’t match. Third is that we picked the battlefield, which gives us an immediate tactical advantage. Fourth is that the Jäger’s foot soldiers are common rabble, little better than thugs, while ours are better trained and will be co-ordinated on multiple levels. And fifth is that, while their five leaders are certainly a match for our strongest Captains, we will have 11 Captains directly involved with the battle, which means that we can drive back their superior numbers and fight their leaders on even terms at the same time.”

Ant nodded, noting each of these points and feeling a slight glimmer of pride that Rouga had seen fit to list his technology as their first advantage. Still, he could see Rouga’s reasoning behind each point, and he knew that against such overwhelming numbers, it would still be a stretch. “Now comes the actual plan.”

Rouga nodded, giving out several commands to the table to adjust the hologram to show their units and positioning according to his strategy. “After they turn away from the canyon route, they’ll pass through the forests at the base of the mountainous zone. In doing so, they’ll cross our battlefield of choice.” The image blurred and changed, showing a large, hilly plain bordered on all sides by a forest. “This place is an ancient battlefield from a time before I even existed; trees still cannot grow within its boundaries because the chaotic forces of the spirit energy expended there have made the ground partially infertile, unable to support much more than the hardiest of grasses. It’s the perfect site for the type of warfare we’ll need here.”

Ant cocked his head to the side, contemplating this. “Would it not be more prudent to pick a densely forested area?” he asked. “Aren’t guerilla tactics the usual response when one is facing a numerically superior enemy?”

“Not with these kinds of numbers in play,” Rouga grunted. “Guerilla tactics with this many combatants on both sides just turns into a massive clusterfuck. It’d be a bloodbath for everyone involved, and we’d likely suffer upwards of 80% casualties even if we won, which we’d probably never recover from.” He chuckled darkly. “Just trust me; open combat is the way to go here.”

“Very well,” Ant sighed. “What about organization and placement?”

“Each Squad will be divided into five platoons, each numbering thirty Shinigami or thereabouts, with every platoon led by the first five seated officers in each division. They will operate by Squad in cohesive groups under the joint command of their respective lead officers, and will defer to their Captain should the need arise.” He shrugged. “This is unlikely, however, so most often they will left to act autonomously.”

Rouga pointed out several clusters of units, distributed throughout the battlefield in ones, twos, and threes. “Squad 4 members will be interspersed to each platoon as field medics, while Arc and fifty of his most trusted staff will man the field hospital at the very rear of the line to act as combat surgeons.”

“And the system for evacuating our injured back there?” Ant asked.

“Unfortunately, we have to resort to runners; carrying them back,” Rouga replied stiffly. “We don’t have many other options. We don’t have enough Kidou Corps personnel to set up a Kukanten’i large enough for the whole battlefield, and we lack a separate force to act as corpsmen.”

Ant’s face twisted slightly into what might have generously been called a scowl. “Unacceptable,” he stated, tone flat and solid, dropping a deadweight on the notion. “Half those troops will die before you get them back to the field hospital, and even then we’d be losing two troops to get one back to the hospital.”

Rouga sighed, rubbing his temples to stave off the slowly building headache. “I know,” he admitted. “I was hoping you had something up your sleeve for this.”

“I can certainly create a panic button of sorts that will teleport the wounded back to the field hospital in the event of an emergency.”

Now the Squad 7 Captain raised an eyebrow. “I had thought of something similar, but I decided that the risk of desertion would be too great.”

Ant raised his own brow, a monumental show of emotion from the stoic Captain. “Desertion hasn’t been a problem for the Gotei 13 since Golde took over as Head Captain two-hundred years ago.” The eyebrow dropped, and the slightest tug of his lips showed that he was smirking. “Besides which, they’d be teleported to the hospital. If they came back without injuries, Arc would send them back to the front in nothing but their undergarments.”

Rouga could only stare for a few seconds, then he broke out into a weak chuckle from the mental image. “Remind me never to make him mad.”

“Gladly.”

Rouga chuckled again, then cleared his throat. “Right then… anyway, back to it.” He pointed to an area of the map, on a particularly large hill well behind their lines where roughly 100 units had been labeled ‘K. Corps’. “The Kidou Corps will be stationed on this hill.” He turned to Ant with a slight grin on his face. “This is where you first come into play. You might want to take notes; most things you’ll have to build from scratch.”

“I doubt that,” Ant stated, the barest hint of a smirk rising on his face. “I have at least one of everything in existence lying around in storage.”

Rouga let out a sharp bark of laughter. “I can believe that. You wouldn’t happen to have any Kidou-powered artillery lying around, eh?”

“No, but I could certainly rework that bazooka I made about twenty years ago…”

Rouga nodded. “Do so, then. Make twenty-five howitzers; they’ve gotta be powerful enough to fire projectiles equivalent to a Soren Sokatsui.”

Ant frowned, but nodded in reply. “It should be possible, provided that the howitzer itself doesn’t supply all of the output.”

Rouga inclined his head. “The Kidou Corps can provide half of that with a Sokatsui, meaning you only need the howitzer with the output of another one.”

“Fair enough.”

Rouga turned his attention back to the holographic battlefield. “Obviously, they’ll be providing the bulk of our artillery support.” He pointed to another section. “Squad 7 will be here; for them, I’d like you to build something special.”

“What would that be?”

Rouga grinned and whispered it into his ear. “Keep it under wraps as much as possible, got it?” he said with a huge face-splitting smirk.

Ant stared bemusedly at Rouga. “You’ll have to help me build it, though.”

He chuckled excitedly. “Sure, why not?” He shook his head, focusing back on work. “Anyway, we’ll be leading the charge later on. We’ll need long-range and high-accuracy Kidou rifles for Squad 2; I want them to act as sniper teams. I also want you, Dauc, and Squad 12 to be able to act as command and control for this battle and I’d like every operator to have the combat situation on their consoles at all times. Think you can pull all of that off?”

Ant scoffed. “Don’t underestimate me. It will simply take time.”

“We’ve got two weeks.”

“Adequate.”

Rouga chuckled at the uniquely Aielpy response. “What else do you have up your sleeve?”

“Personal Kidou shields and Kidou communicators. The Kidou Shield is roughly the strength of an Enkousen binding spell, and it will recharge in ten seconds after being dispersed or weakened. The communicator has a 5km radius, and carries the signal strength of a chantless Tenteikura.” Ant shrugged. “I figured we’d be getting into large-scale combat at some point, so I made plenty of them.”

“Good man,” Rouga said, giving Ant a smack on the back. “That’s exactly the kinds of things we need for this. Now then…” He focused on the hologram, inputting all the variables as they would occur.

“I’ll assume the worst-case scenario here; Zeruda having every single one of her available troops amassed at once.” The figures popped up on the battlefield. “Hans revealed that their formation will consist of the four groups, which in this scenario are mid-strength battalions with roughly 625 soldiers apiece, spread out across the battlefront in a staggered line to prevent them from being picked off in large groups by artillery support. We only have a single overstrength battalion, which amounts to just over three of theirs, but our organization is much better than theirs.”

He noted a unit of eleven figures placed upon a hill overlooking the field from the center of combat. “This is where the Captains will be. Dre, Zam, Golde, Senny, Saiga, and Rotrum will be doing as much damage as possible to the Jäger’s lines.”

Ant glanced up, surprised, but not letting it show in his face. “You’re not making Golde fight Zeruda? Despite the fact that he’s the only one who can match her in power?”

Rouga scoffed. “Hell no. Zeruda is my fault; she’s my responsibility.” He leaned over the table, focusing intently on the figures in the hologram. “Plus, I’m probably the only one who can beat her. Her full fusion is beyond most Shinigami; the only reason I can keep up is because of my reflexes and sensory abilities in Bankai. Even Golde’s Bankai wouldn’t stand a chance in a straight-up fight; his lightning attacks would just get ripped to shreds or blocked before they could take effect.”

Ant looked confused. “Wouldn’t she be able to compensate for that? For your reaction time, I mean.”

Rouga chuckled darkly. “No. That’s how we’re going to win. There are certain loopholes in every Jäger’s unique Vereinigung, and that’s how we’re going to defeat them. They’re stronger, but we have more options.” He flashed what was supposed to be a grin, but it really just made him look like a hungry tiger. “Ironically enough, Zeruda’s abilities, which she modeled to ‘outmatch’ mine, are what make it possible for me to defeat her.”

Ant muttered something under his breath that sounded like ‘too many secrets’. “We’ll discuss this later,” he stated.

Rouga rolled his eyes. “I’m sure,” he stated dryly. “In any case, the strategy is this.” He touched the remaining five Captains on the hill, highlighting them in red. “Each one of the highlighted Captains will take on one of the Innen Kreis and defeat them. We can’t afford to spare anything else; our resources will be spread thin by the all-out combat.” He grimaced. “In fact, I’d say that we can only afford to lose one battle out of the five. If we lose any more… well, then we won’t be able to stop either the hordes or the remaining Innen Kreis. One or the other, or both, will get us.”

Ant gave him a look of irritation and barely-concealed contempt. “You are an idiot if you think we can go with a plan like that,” Ant snapped.

“And do what instead?” Rouga snarled in reply, gesturing at the holo-table. “This is all we can do. You have no concept of the other Jägers’ abilities. It’s not like the Seireitei, where the Head Captain is leagues beyond the rest. All of the Innen Kreis are as strong or stronger than Zeruda is in her Vereinigung form when they’ve released. The only reason she’s the leader is because she’s the only one with a second release.” He sighed heavily, the dimming of his eyes showing his considerable age. “That’s why we have to choose suitable matchups to fight them; we’d be clobbered otherwise. Golde has to stay with the main army because he’s the leader and you, Arc, and Dauc are already out of the picture because of your other responsibilities.”

Ant stopped, stymied. His brain, speeding with supercomputer-esque efficiency, quickly decided that Rouga was indeed correct in how limited their options were. “Aozora had better not be hurt by your ridiculous plan,” he muttered, leaving the implied ‘or else’ hanging.

Rouga snorted a laugh. “Your girlfriend can take care of herself. She fought me to a draw, even if it was just on the basis of power and nothing else. She’ll be fine.”

Ant sighed, pinching the bridge his nose with his mechanical hand and closing his eyes as he tried to let go of his irritation. Rouga cocked his head, curious. “Doesn’t it hurt to do that?”

“My arm is a simple biomechanical prosthetic, not an enhanced bionic one,” Ant grumbled, his hand slightly muffling his voice. “Just… just get on with it before my brain short-circuits in exasperation.”

Rouga chuckled, turning back to the table. “If you insist.”

“You are certain that this is the best plan you can come up with?”

Rouga sighed, now hanging over the table tiredly. “I’m sure,” he whispered, too weary to raise his voice. “The only possible way this could go wrong is if I completely lose to Zeruda or more than two of us fall against the Innen Kreis.”
“And if that happens?” Ant asked, his posture still perfect even after several hours of intense strategizing.

“I’ll have a contingency in place,” he promised, “but don’t expect me to explain it to you. You’re not going to like it.”

Ant scoffed. “More secrets?”

“Oh blow it out your ass,” Rouga growled, turning and walking out of the lab. “We’re done for today. If you have any other questions, we can continue tomorrow.”

Ant shook his head noncommittally before he turned and walked back to his computer.

A few hours later, Rouga groaned as he woke up, rolling himself out of his bed in the Squad 7 Captain’s quarters. He sat up with a yawn, checking his alarm clock. Dang, only 7:00 PM? No wonder I’m still tired, it’s only been about two hours.

He stood and stretched, grabbing his sword from where he’d propped it against the wall and secured the harness over his left shoulder. I can’t stand just sitting around waiting. Now it all depends on how fast Aielpy can get the technology assembled. Rouga took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. I’ve waited five centuries for this. Surely I can wait two more weeks.

He walked out into the courtyard of his division, watching the golden light of the setting sun. At this angle, the dark shadows drew harsh trenches throughout the courtyard, almost like scars cutting through the dusky light of the evening. He suddenly felt old, older and wearier than he had in centuries. This scene is just like me, in a way. Light well past its prime, forever marred by the shadows inherent in their being, and yet it still somehow comes off as normal, if slightly odd. He shook his head; waxing philosophical was a death trap he couldn’t afford to fall into right now.

“Feeling nostalgic, Rouga Kouken?”

Rouga whirled as he heard the soft yet powerful voice, finding himself staring at a young man, probably no older than twenty in appearance, with midnight black hair and clothing of a similar color. A large falchion sword sat comfortably behind him in his belt, and a black gauntlet covered his left arm. “Noctal Himmeler,” he growled, recognizing the man as Zeruda’s second-in-command. “How the hell did you manage to get into the Seireitei without being detected?”

Noctal chuckled, his eyes changing from midnight blue to crimson as he disappeared in a flicker of light, only to reappear behind Rouga, sword at his throat. “I’ll give you a hint, Rouga Kouken. You never clean your sheath out.”

Rouga’s breath hitched as he realized what Noctal was getting at. “Unbelievable,” he muttered, “that you managed to slip a piece of your abilities in there without me noticing. You can even activate it without materializing your Vereinigung… remind me why you’re not the leader again?”

“How surprising,” Noctal breathed, enough malice flowing from the words that it almost made Rouga shiver. “The great Rouga Kouken doesn’t understand my motives. Perhaps you’re not as much of a threat as I thought.”

“Maybe you don’t recognize sarcasm,” Rouga said flatly, totally unfazed by Noctal’s sword as he turned and glared directly into his eyes. “I know exactly how you manipulated Zeruda. You bred hatred in her heart, turned her conscience to stone by forcing her to kill and slaughter at an incredibly young age. She’s a killing machine, setting up the fall of the Shinigami so you can step in and take over.”

Noctal’s expression remained impassive, but he raised an eyebrow casually, his eyes glittering with suppressed amusement. “How did you know?”

“You were the Quincy’s assassin. You don’t play fair. You backstab, disguise yourself behind the powers of others, and lurk in the shadows, only striking at the right time.” He chuckled mirthlessly. “I can see why Kurai had no chance against you. You probably killed him when he had you at swordpoint, didn’t you?”

The Jäger gave a sarcastic smirk. “Unfortunately for you, you don’t have that possibility.”

“Neither do you, not this time at least,” a deep voice interjected, and Rouga glanced around Noctal’s head to lock eyes with Senshuken, his own blade inches from Noctal’s skull. “You alright, Rouga?”

“Yeah,” he said, still turned away from both of them. “Now what, Noctal? You’re stuck.”

“Not with the shard of my Kristallnacht embedded in your sheath.”

Noctal flickered out of existence again, appearing next to Senshuken, who slashed at him on reflex. The Jäger ducked under the wild swing, but Rouga was already in his face, his boot slamming into Noctal head-on and throwing him backwards, clutching his face as he guttered out and appeared some twenty feet behind Rouga. “Damn you,” he hissed, letting his hands leave his bloody nose, his expression murderous and twisted into a rictus of hate. His burning crimson eyes focused on Rouga’s back, widening in shock when he realized that his sword had changed and a blue and silver shield now hung from his sheath. He released his Shikai without uttering a sound… without even drawing his sword!

“Leave now, Noctal Himmeler,” Rouga stated, turning to him with slit-pupiled eyes glowing gold in the fading evening light. “You’re not going to make any headway with assassinating me here. If you really want to kill me, face me on the battlefield.” He smirked lazily, turning and walking away, motioning for Senshuken to follow. “I’ll pencil you in, right after Zeruda.”

Noctal ground his teeth angrily, but he knew a lost cause when he saw one. He stood, wiping blood from his nose as he focused his power for a long-range jump. You are not to be underestimated, Rouga Kouken. His pupils narrowed into slits, mirroring Rouga’s own. It seems my instincts were correct.

Senshuken glanced over his shoulder just as Noctal departed, turning back to Rouga with a puzzled expression on his face. “You want to explain to me what I just saved you from?”

Rouga sucked in a deep breath, shuddering as he exhaled. He looked up, every second of his nearly 700 years showing on his face. “His name is Noctal Himmeler, second-in-command of the Jäger. His power is his Vereinigung, Kristallnacht, which he can apparently control without actually releasing it.” He grimaced at the oversight; it was his job to know these things. “It allows him to shatter his sword intro shards of crystal, easily formed into weapons, razor sharp on their own, and he can teleport into a twenty foot radius of any single shard. It is, in effect, the most adaptable weapon, a near-perfect shield, and one of the fastest abilities in existence all rolled into one.”

“And he’s the second-in-command?” Senshuken asked, incredulous.

“Not really,” Rouga grunted. “Noctal is the Jäger most responsible for the current situation. He was the one who set Zeruda on the path of revenge, and even now he continues to use her strings like she’s a puppet. The man is a strategist of my own caliber, and he was once an assassin to boot.” He shrugged his sheath off his back, his shield disappearing and his sword turning back to normal. “That reminds me, I’d better get rid of that shard he implanted in my sheath.” His fist suddenly glowed with burning flames of reiatsu, immolating the scabbard in his hand with blue energy as he drew his sword roughly. It fizzled out quickly, but Rouga turned his sheath upside-down and let a trail of glittering dust fall onto the ground before grinding it into the dirt with his boot.

Senshuken raised an eye at the unusually pointless show of force. “Ok, what’s wrong?” he sighed, shaking his head. “You’re aggravated about something."

“Nothing is wrong,” Rouga replied flatly, sheathing his sword and replacing it on his back. “I am fine.”

“Six words and two lies, Rouga. I may not be able to smell lies like you can, but I’m not stupid.”

“What, now Senny told all of you about the Fenrir?” Rouga glared at Senshuken with halfhearted venom. “It’s none of your concern.”

“Yes, it damn well is my concern,” Senshuken snapped back, grabbing Rouga’s shoulder roughly. “You’re an ally of mine, and you were a friend of Seijuro’s. If this is affecting you so much, then I need to know.”

Rouga shrugged off the hand, but looked down. “Noctal… was once known as Nokuto Roen. He was a Fenrir of unparalleled power, a warrior given the title of Fenrir Ultima. Even Gintakai, who is truly a monster, would pale in comparison to Roen.” He sighed heavily, shaking his head. “We’re extremely lucky that Noctal has only a fraction of Roen’s power. Thanks to Noctal’s human base, Roen’s power is highly diluted, and only his abilities have manifested, and even then only in his fusion form.”

“How powerful are we talking here?”

“In Roen’s case, on the scale of a god, according to legends at least. In Noctal’s, merely the strength of a high-level Captain-class Shinigami.”

“Quite a difference.”

Rouga snorted a laugh. “His Shinigami side is the reincarnation of a legendary Fenrir. Actually, he himself is likely Roen’s reincarnation; his spiritual essence probably rewrote whatever Zanpaktou he stole into Roen’s.”

Senshuken’s eyes almost popped out of his head. “Is that even possible?”

Rouga shrugged. “It makes sense,” he admitted. “I don’t know if it’s truly possible, but reading all the clues, it’s the logical conclusion.” He walked away into the night, giving Senshuken a casual wave. “By the way, he’s your opponent during the war. No pressure.”

Senshuken watched his friend’s retreating back, flooded with an intense foreboding of the battle to come.

NOCTAL APPEARS! I've actually been waiting for this for quite a while; Noctal is one of my all-time favorite characters and if I hadn't already changed my Zanpaktou an inordinate number of times, I would be him. He's loosely based on Noctis Lucis Caelum, the protagonist of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. His personality is unique to him, but he has Noctis' appearance and his powers are based extremely loosely on Noctis' abilities.

Noctal will play a rather large role in the sequel to this fic as well, as will his past self, Nokuto Roen.

So, Ant and Rouga seem to butt heads more than is healthy or reasonable, both of them think up tons of stuff and set the stage for the climactic battle between the Shinigami and the Jäger. I didn't reveal everything now because I wanted some things to be a surprise.

Senshuken has to face Noctal, who may be more than his match in this case. Still a line from my last fic comes to mind: "We're the good guys, so we always win by default." Take that for what you will.

Also, if you're interested, here's an AMV that showcases Noctis' abilities, which should give you an idea of what Noctal will be capable of here. The music is also a major plus, Lust for Blood by Camui Gackt, if you know who that is.

Last edited:

arceus03

Then again, we know that Trollkishima messes up with pasts/memories so...

Next week Tsukishima and Byakuya. Hopefully that will be wrapped up.

Bwuahaha.

[spoil]Well... His ability specifically "inserts himself" into the past of others, but we didn't exactly see him being there in their pasts, so it could be genuine. Unless Tsukishima can affect one's past without actually being there... which would contradict to what he has been explaining so far.

That better be good.

Speaking of the last chapter... Does anyone else find it ironic that Giriko's dad died young because of an illness when he was owning a "good luck watch"? Unless the good luck does not extend to health, which would be, well, weird.[/spoil]

I don't really have any complaints, aside from the fact that some of the fights are kinda...unexplained or shot.

EEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD 8D

lol, since when has Bleach fights been otherwise? :p *shot*

XD One more thing to add to the list of fails in Bleach logic?

Also, from what I could get out of the online translators, Nozomu means more to hope or wish for something, than to see something.
Mitetoru is seems closer to "to perceive" than Nozomu. >.>

Nozomi! *shot*

“0.084 microseconds, to be precise.”

Typical ILPy

Rouga paused; wondering briefly if that was Ant’s version of humor before dismissing it. “Well, I’m here now. Let’s get on with it.”

I wondered that as well. XD

“I took the liberty of creating a holographic map to prepare our strategy.”

I thought he'd already have that in his database Devising war plans? I never know ILPy does that though. Do you normally invite scientists into discussing these sorts of plan? I'd have at least thought maybe Golde, him being Captain Commander and probably Cell, as he's the head of Onmitsukido.

Unless Golde and Cell are off somewhere from last chapter... I've forgotten. :p

For some reason, I've always seen ILPy as the laboratory kind of scientist. XD Though his insights might be useful as well..

“…and set up Kuukanten’i Kidou circles at their position, they’ll turn back as soon as they receive reports from their scouts.

I like how we're creating forbidden Kido spells in the club and you using the canon ones like normal spells in the fic. XD

That’s four mid-strength companies, plus Zeruda and the rest of the Innen Kreis, the original Jäger; we have 11 Captains, the hundred-man Kidou Corps, and about 150 Shinigami from each company, save for Squad 4, which will have only 100 on the battlefield itself.

11.. And the two missing Captains are? One could possibly be Mizuhashi since he's the taking care of the medic.. Who's the other missing Captain? Unless it was mentioned in the last chapter as well.. I've forgotten them. XD

And plus, don't they have Jin? Unless you don't count him as a Captain. But he would still be able to give some sort of help. And Dac.

Ant now looked mildly alarmed. Mildly. “You can’t be serious.”

Why did you repeat mildly? XD Maybe because of the fact that ILPy rarely shows his emotion? Though I think the first one might have been enough. Eh. :p

“I am. The number of recruits she probably has stationed in the World of the Living for training and the collection of more soldiers are from centuries of just buildup and no real combat, meaning unlike us, they’re not losing members to fighting off Hollows and god knows what else.”

Which probably means they lack the experience of being in a battlefield, as well. And how does the Quincy train then, if they don't go off killing Hollows? If they do, then surely it wouldn't have been unnoticed by the shinigami?

Third is that we picked the battlefield, which gives us an immediate tactical advantage.

Six, we have Blue. Seven, we have chocolate chip cookies. Waaaaait, what? Did the Jagers... agree to battle at this place, or what? I didn't quite understand. >.<

Ant nodded, noting each of these points and feeling a slight glimmer of pride that Rouga had seen fit to list his technology as their first advantage.

Ahahaha. Though I think ILPy would somehow figure out those as well... Maybe some, if not all. Unless his analytical skills are solely based of data alone. But if that has been the case, Rouga wouldn't discuss these plans with him. XD

“This place is an ancient battlefield from a time before I even existed; trees still cannot grow within its boundaries because the chaotic forces of the spirit energy expended there have made the ground partially infertile, unable to support much more than the hardiest of grasses.

Any chance of a backstory for this? :p

It’d be a bloodbath for everyone involved, and we’d likely suffer upwards of 80% casualties even if we won, which we’d probably never recover from.”

Pyrrhic victory. Indeed.

“Squad 4 members will be interspersed to each platoon as field medics, while Arc and fifty of his most trusted staff will man the field hospital at the very rear of the line to act as combat surgeons.”

while Arc and fifty of his most trusted staff will man the field hospital at the very rear of the line to act as combat surgeons

to act as combat surgeons

combat surgeons

*brandishes scalpel* Bring it on! *shot*

Ant’s face twisted slightly into what might have generously been called a scowl. “Unacceptable,” he stated, tone flat and solid, dropping a deadweight on the notion.

For some reason, I imagined ILPy saying "Unacceptable" in a robotic voice.

Now the Squad 7 Captain raised an eyebrow. “I had thought of something similar, but I decided that the risk of desertion would be too great.”

What does it mean, the risk of desertion?

“Remind me never to make him mad.”

Grammar time! Is it "never to make" or "to never make"? Or doesn't it matter either way? XP

"I doubt that,” Ant stated, the barest hint of a smirk rising on his face. “I have at least one of everything in existence lying around in storage.”

And yet he had to create that holographic map

Rouga grinned and whispered it into his ear. “Keep it under wraps as much as possible, got it?” he said with a huge face-splitting smirk.

ANTICIPATION

“I figured we’d be getting into large-scale combat at some point, so I made plenty of them.”

Forever the pessimist?

“Good man,” Rouga said, giving Ant a smack on the back. “That’s exactly the kinds of things we need for this. Now then…” He focused on the hologram, inputting all the variables as they would occur.

Which kinda makes the war a whole stark contrast to the canon Winter War. XD

“Hans revealed that their formation will consist of the four groups, which in this scenario are mid-strength battalions with roughly 625 soldiers apiece, spread out across the battlefront in a staggered line to prevent them from being picked off in large groups by artillery support.

This assumes that Hans is speaking the truth, of course, no? I mean... idk, the higher members could have revealed part of the plan to him, or re-devised the plan after he was caught, so Hans thought he was telling the truth (which was, for him) but it's actually a wrong information? Considering as well the fact that Zeruda must know Rouga's identity well enough so that she might predict his actions after catching one Jager, so she does... changes to the plan somehow?

Each one of the highlighted Captains will take on one of the Innen Kreis and defeat them.

Innen whatnow?

He sighed heavily, the dimming of his eyes showing his considerable age.

DUMBLEDORE'S EYE TWINKLE!

“Aozora had better not be hurt by your ridiculous plan,” he muttered, leaving the implied ‘or else’ hanging.

Awwwwwwww

“And if that happens?” Ant asked, his posture still perfect even after several hours of intense strategizing.

I bet he has a plug attached somewhere... that Rouga did not see.

He stood and stretched, grabbing his sword from where he’d propped it against the wall and secured the harness over his left shoulder.

I like how you did not use the term zanpakto instead. :p

I’ve waited five centuries for this.

For what?

Noctal chuckled, his eyes changing from midnight blue to crimson

Ooooh, lenses! How does he do that? o.o

“Maybe you don’t recognize sarcasm,” Rouga said flatly, totally unfazed by Noctal’s sword as he turned and glared directly into his eyes.

That was sarcasm? XD *fails at life*

“I can see why Kagen had no chance against you. You probably killed him when he had you at swordpoint, didn’t you?”

Remind me again who is Kagen? XD

The Jäger ducked under the wild swing, but Rouga was already in his face

IN YOUR FACE!

“It allows him to shatter his sword intro shards of crystal, easily formed into weapons, razor sharp on their own, and he can teleport into a twenty foot radius of any single shard. It is, in effect, the most adaptable weapon, a near-perfect shield, and one of the fastest abilities in existence all rolled into one.”

Is that kind of like how Senbonzakura is? (Except without the teleporting effect?)

Rouga shrugged off the hand, but looked down. “Noctal… was once known as Nokuto Roen.

Engrish? Wait, hoe did his power get diluted? A... reincarnation or something?

“By the way, he’s your opponent during the war. No pressure.”

Nice way to break the news to him.

"We're the good guys, so we always win by default." Take that for what you will.

So true.

Also, I noticed you edited your post... I hope the only change you made was to give a link to the AMV. :p The video was sorta cool, but the music is not exactly my favorite. The opening is epic, but the actual singing is not. XD Still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.