• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bleach Club...2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golde

Always Searching~
*Facepalm*
It's not an amazing idea, all we do is just write a fic, with each chapter being written by a different person. I figure it's not meant to have massive amounts of cohesion, so the story would be pretty simple, as would characterisation. Just a case of "I feel like writing something, hey, why not just throw out a chapter for this fic?" Or something.
I like this idea.

Also, sorry I haven't been around. Computer...broke. Video card asploded. Then our neighbors shut their internet down XD

I'm at school so I'll be here.

I love how intense this manga is getting. It's really coming around. Yama-sama went off the deep end and I love it xD

I like his Lt.s bankai. It's a bit lackluster but it's impressive nonetheless.

And the death of "O" was amazing.

kusari

Raptastic
HOLY. MOTHER. OF. FUCKING. FUCK.

This chapter was better than the last sex I had (but not really if you read this for some reason my beautiful, loving girlfriend. Did I mention you're beautiful?).

The scorching of Overkill's skin into nothingness, Yama-ji's soul reviving declaration of mass killing, Shinji, Shunsui, Toshiro and Sajin's responses and Yama-ji's appearance before Juha were some of the series' most powerful, spine shaking and beautifully terrifying moments. Tite Kubo, I raise a glass and drink to your awesomeness. Keep it up.

Not sure about my feelings on Ken-chan's possible death. Especially since he fucked up three Vandenreich (one having duplicated him, mind you) off screen with little effort and then gets owned by one guy, off screen again.

New info:

Vandenreich's leader revealed to be named Juha Bach.
-No real comments on this one.

Yama-ji revealed to have spared Juha's life years ago.
-The name Zeruda come to anyone else's mind?

Ken-chan is revealed to be a Special War Power.
-Ken-chan and Ichi are now revealed to be Special War Powers. Assuming this is a strength based thing, it surprises me Bya-kun wasn't called out as one. Assuming the three others are Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake. Could be wrong though.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Oh yay, more fanart. [/sarcasm]

The color pages were amazing! :D

Oh ****, now the Head-Captain thristin' for some blood.
The Quinzis but freakin' run if they value their lives... >.>
But from the Soul Reapers' side, Shinji's comments are perfect. xD

Ha ha, the giant puppy sure knows how to make his pack work. :p

Sweet, it looks like Kyoraku is getting serious too! :D

And then we switch to Kenpachi and....
ragefaceguy.png

And Kubo's probably sittin' at home with this look on his face.
I can understand Kubo killing off popular characters in a war, but not like this...
First Choujiro, then Kira, then Byakuya, and now Kenpachi?
What the **** Kubo?! D<

And more fanart...

-Ken-chan and Ichi are now revealed to be Special War Powers. Assuming this is a strength based thing, it surprises me Bya-kun wasn't called out as one. Assuming the three others are Yama-ji, Shunsui and Ukitake. Could be wrong though.
[spoil]*reads the Mangapanda translation*

Hmm, that is quite interesting, MangaStream's translation does not mention that.
It just says that Kenpachi is 'number one in strength'.
I usually take MS's translation to be closer to the true meaning.
I wonder what the real context of the Japanese was...[/spoil]

Last edited:

arceus03

Pretty awesome chapter.

I like this idea.

Also, sorry I haven't been around. Computer...broke. Video card asploded. Then our neighbors shut their internet down XD

I'm at school so I'll be here.

I like his Lt.s bankai. It's a bit lackluster but it's impressive nonetheless.

I wonder how many would be interested in it and if it would start at all :p

I thought you lurk?

Aww yea :D

This chapter was better than the last sex I had (but not really if you read this for some reason my beautiful, loving girlfriend. Did I mention you're beautiful?).

The scorching of Overkill's skin into nothingness, Yama-ji's soul reviving declaration of mass killing, Shinji, Shunsui, Toshiro and Sajin's responses and Yama-ji's appearance before Juha were some of the series' most powerful, spine shaking and beautifully terrifying moments. Tite Kubo, I raise a glass and drink to your awesomeness. Keep it up.

And what did you say to Rex again in your last post?

Haven't we seen all these moral-rising stuff in the Winter War arc? >_>

Huh. I just noticed that.

Oh yay, more fanart. [/sarcasm]

And then we switch to Kenpachi and....
ragefaceguy.png

And Kubo's probably sittin' at home with this look on his face.
I can understand Kubo killing off popular characters in a war, but not like this...
First Choujiro, then Kira, then Byakuya, and now Kenpachi?
What the **** Kubo?! D<

And more fanart...

Either way, you're not going to be happy with however Kubo treats his characters. -___-

Fanarts. That's inevitable. Huh.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Mother of God, that was an awesome chapter.

Overkill being burned into oblivion was freakin' shweet.

Its freakin' awesome how Yamamoto's rage turned into a rally cry for all of them.

I was expecting Kenpachi to jump up like everyone else did, but nope.

New quarter starting. I wanna apply for a job other than cleaning up >.> but all of those are what I term "fancy jobs". You have to submit a resume, answer a horde of personality questions, blah blah blah.

As long as you can make money.

Did ILPy ever tell you about how his teacher said he's going to be a plumber for the rest of his life? :p

What kind of teacher tells you that?

Your luck isn't going to last long. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I make my own luck.

I think there's a very thick and obvious line between loyalty / dedication and... stupidity. :p Or maybe he was just lazy, idk? You can't treat every shinigami as if they have Yamamoto-attitude. For all we know, he even lazier than Omaeda. But we never saw it because he got so little screentime. :p

To you maybe. Just going by what happened last chapter, something went down that forged the greatest bromance in Bleach.

Like running up to him and professing your love to him as well?
Dafuq I just wrote?

No, thats reserved for a girl I know. But that my friend is a tale for another time.

[spoil]
*Awkward silence*...*cough*

My favorite one is when Sajin and his subordinates jump in to line, followed closely by Shunsui's little monologue.

I was thinking Kenpachi was named a special war power because he has no bankai to steal, and him just being himself.
[/spoil]

And what did you say to Rex again in your last post?

Did you see the man's title thingy?

Someone had to disapprove of the 2 Bs.
You say that as if I didn't.

I'm the one he said it to, how do you think I feel?
Fair enough.
Did ILPy ever tell you about how his teacher said he's going to be a plumber for the rest of his life? :p
Oh man context.

Trouble is, sign and spoken language don't follow the same grammar rule. You'd be muddled up and end up signing everything weird. :p Unless you sign the words and not the sentences, which wouldn't make sense (or little sense) to the deaf people.

Orwellatleastthat'showASLworks,IdunnoforBSL.
IdunnoaboutBSLeither but damn I hope that doesn't ruin my idea :/

Kind of got addicted to Ash Like Snow now. I blame ILPy.
It's a great song, you should thank me.

HOLY. MOTHER. OF. FUCKING. FUCK.

I laughed way too much at that.
Where did you see that? o.o

What kind of teacher tells you that?
It was a joke; she recommended that because it's lots of money. Is it arrogant to say that I can do much better than that.

No, thats reserved for a girl I know. But that my friend is a tale for another time.
Oooooooooooooooooooh

arceus03

I forgot to rant about this before, but last panel on the right is the most awesome panel ever. :3

As long as you can make money.

I make my own luck.

To you maybe. Just going by what happened last chapter, something went down that forged the greatest bromance in Bleach.

Did you see the man's title thingy?

But it's too troublesome :p

Yeaaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Haha. I was just speculating :p He can still be lazy AND close to Yamamoto. XD

D'awwwwwwwwww :3

What title thingy?

Oh man context.

IdunnoaboutBSLeither but damn I hope that doesn't ruin my idea :/

It's a great song, you should thank me.

Where did you see that? o.o

It was a joke; she recommended that because it's lots of money. Is it arrogant to say that I can do much better than that.

Or well something around that line. I don't exactly remember what you told me :p

Probablyworksthesame and you say as if you're learning BSL and plan to do that. You know you won't. :p

Not as great as Cascade or Agony, but I'll agree.

Mangahere/panda's translation.

Aaaand I thought she was being serious >_>

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
You say that as if I didn't.

Someone that's not you.

Yeah, they do make a good amount of money. But you literally have to deal with people's shit half the time.

I forgot to rant about this before, but last panel on the right is the most awesome panel ever. :3

Yeah, that is pretty boss.

But it's too troublesome :p

Bleh bleh bleh. But yeah, everyone should have a job that makes them happy.

Yeaaaaaaaaah riiiiiiiiiiiiight

You doubt my power!?!?!?!

Haha. I was just speculating :p He can still be lazy AND close to Yamamoto. XD

I doubt Yamamoto would allow his right hand to slack so much. But that's just me speculating.

Oooooooooooooooooooh

D'awwwwwwwwww :3

Now I just have to get the balls to do something about it.

What title thingy?

His user title, right under his username.

arceus03

Dead club

[spoil]Chapter is pretty awesome. As Nodt coming to fight Yama and dying soon after means Renji is really wiped out... at least for now. And that Nanana guy also being there, I hope it doesn't mean Rose lost to him. Kinshara is such a unique zanpakto I want to see more of it.

Anyway, that's pretty much all. Yamamoto is going bankai, probably means that the Emperor doesn't use the medal thing (I doubt he really would have used it anyway, him being the leader and all) but we'll have to see.

So his shikai burns stuff. I wonder what his bankai can do. :3 Next chapter going to be fun unless it switches to Urahara, which I'm less excited about

But this could probably mean the old man will die in the battle. Oh well, that might lure the Royal Guards out.[/spoil]

Yeah, that is pretty boss.

Bleh bleh bleh. But yeah, everyone should have a job that makes them happy.

You doubt my power!?!?!?!

I doubt Yamamoto would allow his right hand to slack so much. But that's just me speculating.

Now I just have to get the balls to do something about it.

His user title, right under his username.

Ikr? :3

Yeah. XD

Yes

*shrug* Hey, you never know :p

You don't have any? Good luck, I guess?

Ah, that. lol.

[spoil]"There's one thing you've miscalculated... you aren't the only ones to get fired up by your boss' battle!"
I just really love that quote so much. Because in a war, it's never simply "good versus evil", and that line makes everything seem a lot... grey vs grey. A lot of these soldiers probably look up to Juha Bach in a similar way that they look up to Yamamoto; which I think is really really nice.

Yamamoto has a thing for burning up three people in one go, no?

Juha Bach has a sword? Perhaps a zanpakutou?

OH MAN BANKAI THIS WILL BE GOOD. I think he maybe might try and just burn everything before he can steal it? Or perhaps he's banking on the thought that his reiatsu is so massive and his flames so powerful that trying to steal it would be too difficult/impossible? Maybe his bankai is like Ichigo's stoic phase where he "converted reiatsu into pure strength" or something.[/spoil]

Probablyworksthesame and you say as if you're learning BSL and plan to do that. You know you won't. :p
Yeahtrue

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
[spoil]"There's one thing you've miscalculated... you aren't the only ones to get fired up by your boss' battle!"
I just really love that quote so much. Because in a war, it's never simply "good versus evil", and that line makes everything seem a lot... grey vs grey. A lot of these soldiers probably look up to Juha Bach in a similar way that they look up to Yamamoto; which I think is really really nice.

I don't agree with this being shades of grey fighting against other shades of grey. It's definitely black vs. white; even the imagery is there (albeit often in reverse). Juuha Bach has all the "bad guy" overtones down pat, and even his sword has a few (in bearing a similarity to old WWII-era officer's sabers of the SS), and none of the others really give off a good or even neutral vibe. Whereas the Arrancar had Espada who fought for their own reasons or didn't even want to fight, the Stern Ritter are totally committed to their goal and seem to enjoy killing and demoralizing their enemies. The only exception to this I've seen so far is the effeminate blond guy. Yeah, maybe they have their reasons, maybe the conflict is even and both sides are right, but you're definitely swayed towards the Shinigami being good just off of how bad the enemy is. Lesser of two evils perhaps.

Yamamoto has a thing for burning up three people in one go, no?

Yeah... pretty sure these guys are dead, though.

Juha Bach has a sword? Perhaps a zanpakutou?

He wasn't the only one. Kirige Opie and the girl Komamura is facing (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me) had them too.

OH MAN BANKAI THIS WILL BE GOOD. I think he maybe might try and just burn everything before he can steal it? Or perhaps he's banking on the thought that his reiatsu is so massive and his flames so powerful that trying to steal it would be too difficult/impossible? Maybe his bankai is like Ichigo's stoic phase where he "converted reiatsu into pure strength" or something.

Too powerful? Really? Against the guy who (apparently) beat Kenpachi Motherf*cking Zaraki barehanded? Even Aizen couldn't have done that. So no. Definitely not, imo.

It's probably not going to be impossible to absorb it because, like Ichigo's Bankai, Yamamoto's is a compression of his Shikai. Whereas his Shikai is huge blasts of flames that make a volcano look tame, his Bankai is just a burning sword. It gets smaller, compressed to have maximum power in minimal space. I'd guess the absorption technique works off the fact that large bodies of power are always weaker as a whole in Bleach (cases in point, Ichigo's first Zanpaktou, Grand Fisher's Zanpaktou as an Arrancar) than an equal level with a smaller total size. The absorption lets them draw in the excess power, and since the reishi that makes up the ability is expanded, it's easy to absorb and contain, like a gas or liquid. Attempting to absorb Ichigo and Yamamoto's Bankai, on the other hand, would be like the reishi absorption equivalent of trying to suck up a solid chunk through a straw smaller than the solid it is trying to suck up. Or something to that effect.
[/spoil]

Bold because my computer isn't up to copy/paste x1000 at the moment.

Just a notice guys, but I'm putting my current fanfic on hold for the moment. Yeah, I'm evil, but there is good news. Recently, a new fanfic idea has been sticking in my brain, and I think I'm going to roll with it. So you'll likely be getting the preview chapter of that within a few days.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
A pretty bad-*** chapter, this was.

Although, it feels like Kubo just pulled another moment like Kensei vs. Wonderweiss from back in the FKT war...
Stern Ritter "U" was last seen about to fight with Rose, but now he randomly shows up to attack Yamamoto.
What the hell happened to his fight with Rose, and what happened to Rose?! D:
It just feels like Kubo is moving too fast with this arc.

But then at the end of the chapter, Yamamoto goes bankai and I'm just like...
motherofgod.png

Bold because my computer isn't up to copy/paste x1000 at the moment.
It's a good thing mine is.
[spoil]
I don't agree with this being shades of grey fighting against other shades of grey. It's definitely black vs. white; even the imagery is there (albeit often in reverse). Juuha Bach has all the "bad guy" overtones down pat, and even his sword has a few (in bearing a similarity to old WWII-era officer's sabers of the SS), and none of the others really give off a good or even neutral vibe. Whereas the Arrancar had Espada who fought for their own reasons or didn't even want to fight, the Stern Ritter are totally committed to their goal and seem to enjoy killing and demoralizing their enemies. The only exception to this I've seen so far is the effeminate blond guy. Yeah, maybe they have their reasons, maybe the conflict is even and both sides are right, but you're definitely swayed towards the Shinigami being good just off of how bad the enemy is. Lesser of two evils perhaps.
Well, you could argue that no fight or war is ever a pure and absolute "black vs white", and if it is, that's pretty bad storytelling to be honest. While I definitely agree without a doubt that Juha Bach is definitely bad guy (though the reasoning for him taking revenge might help us sympathise for him the wording of that sounds off), and you could argue that for the other soldiers, that could be a mix of seeing it through SS' pov, or that they haven't had as much screentime to show their relationship or motive for joining the war. I think the sway to the Shinigami is probably a mix of reasons; perhaps if the entire story was focused on the SR rather than the shinigami, our views would be flipped. And "lesser of two evils" makes it lean towards "grey v grey".

He wasn't the only one. Kirige Opie and the girl Komamura is facing (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me) had them too.
Ah I'm forgetting a lot of details. I should write this stuff down or something.

Too powerful? Really? Against the guy who (apparently) beat Kenpachi Motherf*cking Zaraki barehanded? Even Aizen couldn't have done that. So no. Definitely not, imo.
Too powerful for the sealing-thingy. Think of Goku versus Yakon.

It's probably not going to be impossible to absorb it because, like Ichigo's Bankai, Yamamoto's is a compression of his Shikai. Whereas his Shikai is huge blasts of flames that make a volcano look tame, his Bankai is just a burning sword. It gets smaller, compressed to have maximum power in minimal space. I'd guess the absorption technique works off the fact that large bodies of power are always weaker as a whole in Bleach (cases in point, Ichigo's first Zanpaktou, Grand Fisher's Zanpaktou as an Arrancar) than an equal level with a smaller total size. The absorption lets them draw in the excess power, and since the reishi that makes up the ability is expanded, it's easy to absorb and contain, like a gas or liquid. Attempting to absorb Ichigo and Yamamoto's Bankai, on the other hand, would be like the reishi absorption equivalent of trying to suck up a solid chunk through a straw smaller than the solid it is trying to suck up. Or something to that effect.
Which seems to be the most logical thing, what with his flames disappearing at the end, and the previous times something similar has happened which is kind of what I was referring to by Ichigo's stoic phase; all the flashiness is gone and it's just complete power.

[/spoil]
Just a notice guys, but I'm putting my current fanfic on hold for the moment. Yeah, I'm evil, but there is good news. Recently, a new fanfic idea has been sticking in my brain, and I think I'm going to roll with it. So you'll likely be getting the preview chapter of that within a few days.
Awesome. I look forward to it.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
It's a good thing mine is.
[spoil]
Well, you could argue that no fight or war is ever a pure and absolute "black vs white", and if it is, that's pretty bad storytelling to be honest.

The absence of a clearly defined good or evil is bad? Tell that to The Legend of Zelda.

While I definitely agree without a doubt that Juha Bach is definitely bad guy (though the reasoning for him taking revenge might help us sympathise for him the wording of that sounds off), and you could argue that for the other soldiers, that could be a mix of seeing it through SS' pov, or that they haven't had as much screentime to show their relationship or motive for joining the war.

Not even. As Nodt showed definite pleasure in tormenting Byakuya, Overkill was obviously a killing monster, Kirige is such a complete ******* that he has literally no redeeming qualities, and so on. The blond guy is the only one who shows no predisposition towards inherently evil traits, the girl is the only other one and you should always beware the happy ones.

I think the sway to the Shinigami is probably a mix of reasons; perhaps if the entire story was focused on the SR rather than the shinigami, our views would be flipped. And "lesser of two evils" makes it lean towards "grey v grey".

No. There are shades of black too. I never liked the grey metaphor because it's too all-encompassing.

Ah I'm forgetting a lot of details. I should write this stuff down or something.

I would, but I really don't care enough to.

Too powerful for the sealing-thingy. Think of Goku versus Yakon.

That metaphor falls flat because Goku could've kicked Yakon to sleep without Super Saiyan, and because it was only absorption, not absorption+sealing. Besides which, the rate and power of absorption differs depending on the user. Ivan Azigaro's took a long time and required an incantation, while As Nodt's was almost instantaneous and was cast silently.

Which seems to be the most logical thing, what with his flames disappearing at the end, and the previous times something similar has happened which is kind of what I was referring to by Ichigo's stoic phase; all the flashiness is gone and it's just complete power.

But it could not be just raw power. It's just a compression of his abilities. It could have some other effect that's entirely its own.

[/spoil]

Awesome. I look forward to it.

Glad to hear it. It's coming along pretty well.

Bold again.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Yammamoto.. is scary. I mean, his expressions.. He's really angry. I didn't expect him to have anger-management problem. Burning up three people just like that? Sweet. I can't wait for his Bankai, must be something impressive. I have a feeling he'll lose his sword, the condition it's in.

I was looking forward to see the Vaizards fight.. Oh well.

I don't like the name Juha Bach. It's lame. I wonder if he'll steal the Bankai, seems likely.

WHERE IS ICHIGOOOO? No, really. He's like MIA for a while. Who's he going to fight? I don't see anyone left.
I have a feeling it'll be Uryuu.. A hunch really.

Honestly Tite, get the **** back to Hueco Mundo. I ****ing want to see the ****ing mysterious sword-wielder who has is ****ing sword pointed towards Urahara's ****ing face.

I thought I'd have fun in Uni, but it's sad and lonely ._.

Here's a treat, watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
This week's manga was pretty kickass. Not as kickass as last week's but, still pretty kickass

[spoil]Chapter is pretty awesome. As Nodt coming to fight Yama and dying soon after means Renji is really wiped out... at least for now. And that Nanana guy also being there, I hope it doesn't mean Rose lost to him. Kinshara is such a unique zanpakto I want to see more of it.

Hopefully all three were like "Screw the small fry, the head hancho is here" and left them alive.

Anyway, that's pretty much all. Yamamoto is going bankai, probably means that the Emperor doesn't use the medal thing (I doubt he really would have used it anyway, him being the leader and all) but we'll have to see.

So his shikai burns stuff. I wonder what his bankai can do. :3 Next chapter going to be fun unless it switches to Urahara, which I'm less excited about

Burn stuff even more?

I actually wouldn't mind a small switch to Urahara, but that's just me.

But this could probably mean the old man will die in the battle. Oh well, that might lure the Royal Guards out.

Awww, but I don't want him to die :'(
[/spoil]

Stuff in bold because I am super lazy and tired.

Yes

*shrug* Hey, you never know :p

You don't have any?

Do you now?

I do now, I just set in motion a series of events to win her heart.

[spoil]It's probably not going to be impossible to absorb it because, like Ichigo's Bankai, Yamamoto's is a compression of his Shikai. Whereas his Shikai is huge blasts of flames that make a volcano look tame, his Bankai is just a burning sword. It gets smaller, compressed to have maximum power in minimal space. I'd guess the absorption technique works off the fact that large bodies of power are always weaker as a whole in Bleach (cases in point, Ichigo's first Zanpaktou, Grand Fisher's Zanpaktou as an Arrancar) than an equal level with a smaller total size. The absorption lets them draw in the excess power, and since the reishi that makes up the ability is expanded, it's easy to absorb and contain, like a gas or liquid. Attempting to absorb Ichigo and Yamamoto's Bankai, on the other hand, would be like the reishi absorption equivalent of trying to suck up a solid chunk through a straw smaller than the solid it is trying to suck up. Or something to that effect.[/spoil]

That just makes so much sense.

Yammamoto.. is scary. I mean, his expressions.. He's really angry. I didn't expect him to have anger-management problem. Burning up three people just like that? Sweet. I can't wait for his Bankai, must be something impressive. I have a feeling he'll lose his sword, the condition it's in.

I wanted to a pun about fire and anger but.... wait.... Nope, lost it.

I was looking forward to see the Vaizards fight.. Oh well.

Kubo did that whole rally cry thing with Yamamoto, which has to add up to something. And there are some SR running around, so you could get what you want. And

I don't like the name Juha Bach. It's lame.

I'm okay with it, its not as bad a Lloyd Lloyd

WHERE IS ICHIGOOOO? No, really. He's like MIA for a while. Who's he going to fight? I don't see anyone left.
I have a feeling it'll be Uryuu.. A hunch really.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Uryuu turned out to be some kind of Strenritter sleeper agent.

I thought I'd have fun in Uni, but it's sad and lonely ._.

Bold stuff here too.

That sucks man, I hope your situation change for the better soon.

[spoil]

ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ Eeeeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyyy

ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op

(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op

〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op

(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppan Gangnam Style

[/spoil]

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Hey guys. I hear there's a new Bankai?

Zanka no Tachi. Appropriately powerful. Pretty cool-looking too. It's abilities are straight-forward, but hella strong so there's not much for me to discuss here.

I really have to say, I like the font choice that Mangastream uses for the really heavy dialogues; I imagine Yamamoto's really gruff heavy voice and it just really adds to Kubo's more... menacing drawings of the characters.

I also like how everyone across the seireitei is feeling his power. Though I wonder how Hitsugaya himself knows this exactly? I figure they would have told him, but he hasn't actually experienced it himself.

Cutting a rock and... splitting open the ground. Bloody hell.

"Anything it touches is eradicated to nothing". ****ing awesome

I like how his sword was just cleanly cut in half. Very nice.

I want to see how Juha Bach responds to this...

The absence of a clearly defined good or evil is bad? Tell that to The Legend of Zelda.
I should really play that.

Not even. As Nodt showed definite pleasure in tormenting Byakuya, Overkill was obviously a killing monster, Kirige is such a complete ******* that he has literally no redeeming qualities, and so on. The blond guy is the only one who shows no predisposition towards inherently evil traits, the girl is the only other one and you should always beware the happy ones.
Even then, I'm sure that if Kubo really wanted to develop them, he would make them more well rounded characters. Even if that is something like "doesn't kick kittens" or "tormented past".

No. There are shades of black too. I never liked the grey metaphor because it's too all-encompassing.
Can you explain the "shades of black" more? Since the whole concept of "black" (and white) is that it is pure, with no varying degrees or other shades.

That metaphor falls flat because Goku could've kicked Yakon to sleep without Super Saiyan, and because it was only absorption, not absorption+sealing. Besides which, the rate and power of absorption differs depending on the user. Ivan Azigaro's took a long time and required an incantation, while As Nodt's was almost instantaneous and was cast silently.
I don't see how "Goku could've kicked Yakon to sleep without SS" is relevant? The point I was making is that the sealant/absorber/whatever would have had not enough "space" to absorb Yamamoto's massive reiatsu. Though, I guess, the entire debate is moot now that we know what his actual plan was.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I like Pokemon (...) said:
I really have to say, I like the font choice that Mangastream uses for the really heavy dialogues; I imagine Yamamoto's really gruff heavy voice and it just really adds to Kubo's more... menacing drawings of the characters.

Can you explain the "shades of black" more? Since the whole concept of "black" (and white) is that it is pure, with no varying degrees or other shades.
[spoil]Yeah, that is a really nice little touch they put on it.
It really helps you to feel the emotions more.

I'd like to here that too.[/spoil]

Here's my basic reaction to Yamamoto's bankai.

It's neat to see how the Head Captain's bankai is effecting the environment.
But I have a feeling this effect will be shown in greater detail later.

"But no zanpakuto exists where tha shikai and bankai hold different powers..."
Pfft, yeah right. There are quite a few zanpakuto like that. *rolls eyes*

I don't quite understand the "west" ability of Yamamoto's bankai, Zanji-tsugoki.
Is it like a cloak of flames that he uses as armor?
And why could anyone else see it initially?

Last edited:

arceus03

[spoil]Unohana WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
About time Kubo draws her more >.>
That is all.

Er-hem. Anyway. The new chapter kind of made me think... Does zanpakto gain more power over time? I mean, Yama can't have been THAT powerful when he first got bankai (or shikai, for that matter). Let's say, for example, one thousand years from then on Hitsugaya becomes the new Captain Commander no Eon, I'm not referring to your fic would his shikai become, idk, able to simply create ice anywhere he wants?[/spoil]

Oh, let him be stuck in there for some more time. We've seen more than enough of him anyways :p

You just seen that?

Do you now?

[spoil]

ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ Eeeeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyyy

ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op

(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op

〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op

(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppan Gangnam Style

[/spoil]

*yawn* What?

lol.

I also like how everyone across the seireitei is feeling his power. Though I wonder how Hitsugaya himself knows this exactly? I figure they would have told him, but he hasn't actually experienced it himself.

I want to see how Juha Bach responds to this...

[spoil]It'd be stupid if he doesn't recognize it though, since they all sensed Yama's reiatsu from last chapter and already know he's in the fight.

Just you wait, his shocked face this chapter would be replaced with a smirk next one. Kubo loves pulling that.[/spoil]

I'd like to here that too.

"But no zanpakuto exists where tha shikai and bankai hold different powers..."
Pfft, yeah right. There are quite a few zanpakuto like that. *rolls eyes*

hear

Such as? If you look at it, all the ones revealed so far follow more or less the same rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.