• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bloom Is on Axew (668)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Nice to see Scolipede and Exadrill, the latter sounded awesome. Also like Axew's Dragon Rage being called Dragon Sneeze.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
how did iris catch exacdrill?!?!

AmericanPi

Write on

Yeah, it sucked that Iris's Excadrill just seemed to pop out of nowhere, leaving us no clue as to where it came from. That's my only concern with this episode.

Other than that, I loved this episode - it was one of the best episodes in BW so far. It revealed a lot about Iris's background and why her Axew is so underpowered. I also loved, loved, loved Dragon Sneeze - ahh, Ash, you can be a pain in the neck as well as a natural comedian.

Pansage's gentle bullet seed and solarbeam pwning Axew while Axew just aimlessly scratched just made me LOL. :D

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes, Excadrill literally came out of nowhere.

DRAMATIZATION:

Iris: ...And my Axew is kind of weak, so that's why I'm training it. It's been a long time ever since I last got him. But now it's time to save him!

*EXCADRILL COMES OUT*

Ash: Who's that Pokemon?!

Iris: *Sighs* He hates me. That's all I'm going to say.

Cilan: What a waste of a secret ingredient.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Jessie vs. Seviper and Bruno vs. Onyx was different from Ash vs. Pikachu though, Ash vs. Pikachu was more of a training battle, but Chuck in Johto, did a training battle with his Machoke. But Ash vs. Pikachu, I think that's a first and I liked the new dub voiced, Excadrill, Scolipede and the Elder. Excadrill's voice makes we angry that we hardly see Excadrill anymore, the next time we'll here it's voice again, will be 18 episodes from now, well depending if 3 episodes will be shown in the dub.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Not true, there have been plenty of other human vs Pokemon battles before. Two that come to mind are once way back in Johto when Bruno battled a Tyrogue and Jessie battling Seviper as a way of catching it. I'm sure there's more, but those are just two that come to mind.

I was joking, I do know there have been others. It was just a way so I could say 'I wonder who won' at the end. I must be bad at conveying sarcasm on the internet :(.

turtle twig

For an episode with such important information, I didn't enjoy it. Iris came off as an arrogant hypocrite, and Ash just seemed clueless to everything already said. On a scale of 1-10, I give this episode a 5.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
For an episode with such important information, I didn't enjoy it. Iris came off as an arrogant hypocrite, and Ash just seemed clueless to everything already said. On a scale of 1-10, I give this episode a 5.

I agree she is a hypocrite because she is just as much as a kid, if not worse, as Ash is. However, instead of arrogance I think she shows ignorance. She just won't accept that Ash sometimes has some good ideas.

Also, she acts very childish if thats the right word. When Ash asks her for a battle and she replies 'I just don't want to lose' it shows that she is scared of defeat and maybe she is worried that her 'image' would be tarnished.

turtle twig

I agree she is a hypocrite because she is just as much as a kid, if not worse, as Ash is. However, instead of arrogance I think she shows ignorance. She just won't accept that Ash sometimes has some good ideas.

Also, she acts very childish if thats the right word. When Ash asks her for a battle and she replies 'I just don't want to lose' it shows that she is scared of defeat and maybe she is worried that her 'image' would be tarnished.

I hope they touch up on this again later. Either she learns that Ash is right sometimes, and we learn more about Iris's hometown or goals. I might appreciate this a bit more if there's supposed to be some mystery to who Iris really is.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah I didn't like how Iris wouldn't take any of Ash's ideas either or let him battle, he's gone easy on a Pokemon before way back in Kanto and that's when he was just starting. Other than that, I felt Ash was really funny here I cracked up when he said Whatever and mocked Iris and her battlingXD I also really liked the ending Ash V.S Pikachu yah we need a round 2 with Ash learning new attacks LOL.

gliscor&yanmega

No one knows. It will most likely be revealed later on.

Anyways, Excadrill sounded nice. Scolipede sounds weird, just like in the Japanese one, mainly because most would expect a deeper voice for it, and more scary, but I don't think it was bad though.

Drillbur was mentioned in the Pokedex, but Whirilpede wasn't odd. Not sure if the same thing happened with the Japanese one.

Cilan is so awesome.

Dragon Sneeze is pretty awesome too...in a laugh at it sort of way.

Iris development is nice.

Ash taking a back seat is also nice.

I like the episode.

RickHoenn

Banned
At first I thought that too... but now that I'm thinking about it...

Didn't Misty's Staryu and Starmie kind of pop out of nowhere too?

Yup and Goldeen too XD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I did see it. I still don't like either one.

I'm just saying that maybe they're either trying to make the dub voices as authentic to the original ones as possible or they got the guy who did the Japanese voice to do it

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was okay, nothing too special about it. Though at least it focused mainly on Iris and Axew. I dislike Iris's attitude towards Ash throughout the episode.

jammiedodger

My main gripe with this episode is that Iris's two main Pokémon, Axew and Excadrill, feel like poor rehashes of Ash's Pokémon, Gible and Charizard respectively.

It's kind of a been there and done that thing by now.

I also don't like how Ash seems to be getting younger, at least in terms of maturity. In Diamond and Pearl I was happy because Ash, while not shown to be physically older, showed much more mature tendencies while still being himself. Compare his treatment of Charizard to Chimchar for instance; he learned from where he went wrong before and became a better trainer and capable of handling a similar situation better.

The force of him still being 10 after all these years and acting and being referred to as a "little kid" feels like he has devolved more than anything and years of growth have been undone.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
You know what would be great? If this Excadrill turned out to be Clay's, and he gave it to Iris when he learned what her journey was. The Unova Gym Leaders seem to know each other really well in the games, I don't see why they wouldn't in the anime.

Although, that would beg the question: Why doesn't Cilan know Iris? Maybe Drayden's the Gym Leader, and Iris and Clay know each other through him?

Rebeccag

Loved getting to know a bit more about Iris and Axew. And also loved Ash too "Was she your grandma. No shes the leader of the town". Oh and Ash and Clian winding Iris up over Dragon sneeze was hilarious. Clian has fitted so well into the group and love his and Ashs friendship. Iris still annoys me slightly but so did Dawn at first and grew to like her. I agree over Exadrill being a copy of charizard though i was like have we been down this path before