• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bonds of Evolution! (831)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Enter Champion Diantha! Mega Gardevoir in Mist!!

Heading towards Shalour City, Ash & Co. enter a small town where they hear that the champion of the region, Diantha, is there to officiate and take part in an Exhibition Match to begin a tournament in the town. Ash is eager to meet Diantha and challenge her to a battle, but is blocked by her staff. However, when they meet Professor Sycamore, he decides to ask for Diantha's help in researching Mega Evolution, and intends to help Ash meet her. When he does, she accepts Ash's challenge. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Nobody watched the episode?

Guess i'll just wait for the pictures.

Well i did watch the episode (though i did miss the initial part), but since others usually do the summary, i didn't post anything.

As for the episode it was kind of straight forward.

- Ash & Co. along with Sycamore meet Diantha before her Exhibition Match and ask her somethings, but Diantha's Secretary comes in between and stops them. And then we go to the match which Diantha easily wins (TR is also watching the match).

- Ash & Co. then go to a Bakery/Cafe to get some speciality cake (i think). But they had only one piece left of there speciality. So, Clemont decides use his invention to make equal portion of it for others to eat. Just then they notice that someone else is also asking for the sold out cake. The person turns out to be Diantha and everyone share a portion with her as well.

- Then they talk some and Ash challenges Diantha to a battle and Sycamore comes and decides to watch the battle. In the battle (which Sycamore is recording), Gardevoir dodges each of Pikachu's moves and then KO's it with one Shadow Ball.

- Just then TR comes and kidnaps Gardevoir. Diantha says that they don't have to worry as she is easily able to know were her Gardevoir reminiscing a time when she lost her Gardevoir is a misty mountain and with the help of her Key Stone she was able to sense and find her Gardevoir.

- They eventually find TR and Diantha goes alone to confront them and then Mega Evolves her Gardevoir to Mega Gardevoir and destroys her cage and then blast off TR. Then her Secretary arrives at the scene (in an helicopter).

- They start saying their good bye her and Ash goes to Diantha to say something (which i missed because the connection got lost). Then see fly's off and the episode ends.

Note: This episode worked as an informative episode for the group to know how a Mega Evolution works. They learn about Key Stone, Mega Stone the requirement of bonds and that its a temporary form.

Another thing, i may have missed things in my summary. So, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ash lost and Team Rocket didn't interuped until later?

Yes, Pikachu almost got KO'ed in one move and when everyone's focus was on Pikachu and Ash (who had dived in order to catch Pikachu so that it doesn't get hurt by hitting a tree and ended up getting hit instead), TR used this opportunity to capture Gardevoir.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yes, Pikachu almost got KO'ed in one move and when everyone's focus was on Pikachu and Ash (who had dived in order to catch Pikachu so that it doesn't get hurt by hitting a tree and ended up getting hit instead), TR used this opportunity to capture Gardevoir.
I actually think they handled Ash's battle with Diantha pretty well, or at least better than his battle with Alder. I kind of expected Pikachu would lose since the champions are usually portrayed as OP trainers that could surpass even Tobias, and it was nice to see that Team Rocket showed up after the match

Also, I'm glad that this was the first time in a while where one of Clemont's inventions didn't explode

Last edited:

PokeBash

I don't see how it's unrealistic that Diantha's Gardevoir one-shotted Ash's Pikachu since Pikachu should be around level 30 at this point while Gardevoir is at level 68.

PokeMaster366

I don't see how it's unrealistic that Diantha's Gardevoir one-shotted Ash's Pikachu since Pikachu should be around level 30 at this point while Gardevoir is at level 68.

I still would've preferred if Pikachu managed to land at least one attack because of his speed, if only to reveal the Fairy type's Steel weakness.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The battle was interrupted by the Rockets before it was concluded. No one lost.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Okay, but pikachu got hit really hard flung into ash on the first hit it ook. Does anyone think it would have had a chance?
I don't think anybody would think that Pikachu had a chance.If one attack did that much damage,the second one would have been a guaranteed K.O

Haunter ゴースト

Well the episode looked great.

My only criteria and this goes for every Champion Ash has met/faced is that it's a real shame Pikachu isn't stronger. When Ash battled Diantha we were reminded just how far Ash has to go to become a Pokemon Master. Pikachu goes all out with it's moves and then one attack from Gardevoir almost knocks Pikachu out (i am very grateful the writers stopped it before Pikachu did get KO'd), it'd be nice to see Pikachu put up a fight and do well before being injured/beaten.

Anyhow, this was all expected. The champions have always been extremely powerful, it just sucks knowing all the things Ash and Pikachu have been through and they still aren't strong enough to even put up even a small fight against a Champion.

I can't wait to watch the episode properly.

come on give pikachu a break. they barely got their second badge(wheter u like it or not hes reset/weaker in the beginning of each series) if this was end of the region pikachu he wouldve dealt damage and put up a better performance

X Drake

I Am Groot
come on give pikachu a break. they barely got their second badge(wheter u like it or not hes reset/weaker in the beginning of each series) if this was end of the region pikachu he wouldve dealt damage and put up a better performance
End of Region pokemon especially DP or AG Pikachu would have defeated base Gardevoir or atleast pull a double K.O