• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bonds of Evolution! (831)

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
Well, Diantha and Gardevoir are not alerted in time that Team Rocket would steel her Pokemon. When in Pokemon battles, her mind was set and focused on that and commanding every move by eye contact.

And random, but I adore Diantha in the anime. Ash/Satoshi has a long way to build his skill up in order to defeat her...

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
So let's see... Gardevoir actually battling... Check! Getting close ups of Gardevoirs breasts... Check! Seeing Maga Gardevoir in action... Check!

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Kind of a boring episode.

Gardevoir and Diantha appeared to be strong enough to wipe the floor with anyone who challenged them without even needing Mega evolution. I guess that Ash, Pikachu and Absol have been slacking off in their training.

For some reason Diantha reminds of Rarity from a different show..

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I really like Diantha, almost as much as Cynthia. Wouldn't it be great if those two dueled it out?

Mega Gardevoir was pretty cool, too, and it's admirable to see Diantha and Gardevoir have a strong bond.

Ash wants to battle her again when he wins the Kalos League. Dear gosh. I want that to happen, but all probability of that seems fuzzy.

Also, after watching this episode, I really want some chocolate cake.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pfft, Diantha and her Gardevoir (why do we keep getting front shots of Gardevoir? She looks creepy when faced forward...) were most likely using telepathy to order her mon to teleport around. They most likely have Teleport as a result.

Also, that Champion judges people waaaaay too quickly. Big deal. Ash blocked Pikachu's fall once, and she immediately says they're exceptional.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Pfft, Diantha and her Gardevoir (why do we keep getting front shots of Gardevoir? She looks creepy when faced forward...) were most likely using telepathy to order her mon to teleport around. They most likely have Teleport as a result.

Also, that Champion judges people waaaaay too quickly. Big deal. Ash blocked Pikachu's fall once, and she immediately says they're exceptional.
Honestly more surprised Ash felt the need to stop Pikachu from hitting the tree considering all he's let it tank in the past.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was an ok episode, I really like Diantha's character in this, she seems almost as strong and competent as Cynthia, plus she really seems like she's down to earth even though she's the champion and a movie star. Also Serena showing some personality that she rarely ever shows was pretty nice too. The battles were nice also. Team Rocket weren't good in this episode, however they weren't as bad as they were in most of the XY episodes so far either, they actually captured and got away with a champion's Pokemon, too bad they blasted off again in the end. 8/10

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed seeing another new Mega evolved pokemon in Gardevoir.

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
Technically the second time watching this episode, I felt like making a checklist on how many lighting edits this episode has. Anyway, since I'm one of these players who can't afford the game nor the 3DS and her some... Nitpicks on Diantha due to her "lack of development" in-game, the anime did sort of bring a ring of light to her character, and hopefully there will be more. I think she will be a key character to some baby Mega-Evolvers, but I will not say any 'spoilers' from this episode at this point.

Also a fine point where she can tell which trainer displays a great bond like Ash and Pikachu. Him saving his little friend from the fall is ratter sweet. :)

I also squee whenever Diantha shows a happy delight over a piece of cake... Ahhhh!!! <3 Hopefully the next episodes we will get to meet "her" and a certain Aura Dog in dub.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Diantha was really cool here, and being able to make eye contact with her Pokémon is just amazing. Diantha and Gardevoir really do have their hearts as one. Great to see Mega Gardevoir, and luckily, Sycamore was able to take footage of it.

chalkus

It was an ok episode, I really like Diantha's character in this, she seems almost as strong and competent as Cynthia, plus she really seems like she's down to earth even though she's the champion and a movie star. Also Serena showing some personality that she rarely ever shows was pretty nice too. The battles were nice also. Team Rocket weren't good in this episode, however they weren't as bad as they were in most of the XY episodes so far either, they actually captured and got away with a champion's Pokemon, too bad they blasted off again in the end. 8/10

Down to earth?

I'm sorry but Diantha seemed really pretentious to me. The woman walks around wearing all white with Angel wings on her back. I mean, how obnoxious can one person be.

chalkus

Down to earth?

I'm sorry but Diantha seemed really pretentious to me. The woman walks around wearing all white with Angel wings on her back. I mean, how obnoxious can one person be.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
An okay episode. Not a really exciting battle between Ash and Diantha

I really like Diantha, almost as much as Cynthia. Wouldn't it be great if those two dueled it out?

I would love to see that,

One of Clemonts inventions actually worked this time without exploding.
Maybe he should just stick to making smaller things, since they're the ones that seem to not get destroyed most of the time.

Freedom

Pokeman
Does anyone know the name of the music that plays during Ash and Diantha's battle in the sub (maybe dub as well, I haven't seen it)? Is it from one of the movies or created for the show?

EDIT: Finally found it after listening to the XY gamr soundtrack and the title is "Battle Spot".

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
The Bonds of Evolution! serves as an introduction to the Kalos Champion (and famous actress), Diantha, and gives a more in-depth look into Mega Evolution. We get a couple of extremely one-sided battles along the way, displaying the intense bond between Diantha and her Gardveoir; she doesn't even need to Mega Evolve it to dominate against Ash's Pikachu.

I gotta say, even though it makes sense in its own way, the whole "strong bond" stuff is kind of lame. I mean, how many times does the show need to throw in our faces that "Trainer's and Pokemon's hearts must be united as one"--it gets a bit silly to a point. We're probably gonna be hearing it another thousand times before the saga is over. Mega Evolution is cool, and it is definitely going to be a key feature of the XY saga--as it should be--but we're definitely gonna have to take those "strong bond/hearts united as one" lumps along the way.

Diantha is quite likable, and we'll definitely be seeing her again. Team Rocket, by contrast, is (again) totally unlikable and unentertaining, but we will surely be seeing them many, many, many...many, many, many more times. Oh well, thems the breaks.

Grade: C-

Side Note: There was possible foreshadowing of Ash winning the Kalos League and facing off against Diantha again. Let's hope that comes to fruition.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
My biggest compliment to Diantha is that she wasn't as Mary Sueish as Cynthia and I liked her M-Gardevoir also. Ash losing to her was expected.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Pretty standard episode between two episodes I really enjoyed, but I did love Ash's usual hilarious cluelessness, which is kind of easy to understand since he doesn't come from the Kalos region, and it was nice to see Professor Sycamore again. It was also nice to see an invention of Clemont's not blow up for a change, the cake sharer.

7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Diantha had an assistant and that she knew professor Sycamore like in the games. The result of Diantha battling Ash was predictable given her strength, tho at least we saw mega Gardevoir ha ha. ^^