• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bookworms Club V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
DO you enjoy reading? Do you want to discuss the latest good book you have read? Do you want talk about future books or great old books? Do you enjoy books with fiction, adventure, horror, animals, etc.?

Well, why not join this club!!!

Right then, the club has been resarted due to inactivity from the past owner, and we need an editable first page. Old members, I have mainly copied and pasted the rules from the old thread, but there are some new ones, so do check:

Here are the Rules:
1. Be kind and curteous to others.

2. Follow SPPF rules.

3. My pet hate is n00bs. Try not to be one, ok?

4. You MUST PM me or one of the co-owners if you want to join. This is so we know you've read the rules. If you post on the thread asking to join, you basically ruin your chances of joining, since you haven't read the rules. Old members do not have to do this.

5. Don't ask to be a co-owner. If a co-owner position becomes open, I will pick the best person for the job.

6. If you don't post for over a month without notifying me, you are deleted from the members list.

7. All members can create topics.

8. Most importantly, Have fun.

Members List:
Dark Arceus- The owner
Armored Dragon- Co-owner
palkia1- Co-owner
Paddster56
anime_aficionada
Monkey CP

NOTE: The first clearout has taken place. All members who have not posted on this thread (it's over a month old now) are going to be deleted from the member list. If you want to join again, PM me.

Last edited:

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
Thanks for restarting the club!

What was the last book you read for a book report at school?

The last one was Lord of the Flies, but I'm in the middle of reading A Tale of Two Cities for another assignment...Did you know Charles Dickens was paid by the amount of words he used in writing it? That would explain a lot...

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Thanks for restarting the club Dark Arceus. I hope this gets a lot of activity

Well, i had to read Sophie's World a couple of years ago in year 10. Everyone else hated it but i liked the philosophical side of it. I finished it in a couple of days while everyone else took a month. I was like the only person in my class that liked to read.

In year 11 we had to read three novels and do a report but i decided to do mine on three of the Harry Potter books as i've read them heaps of time and knew them inside out. I would have read books normally but i was really sick and i only had the books at home to read

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
That reminds me:

Palkia1, would you like to be co-owner? I forgot to ask on the last thread.

To answer the topic, Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw. In my opinion, a boredom inducer, especially the most anti-climatic ending ever...

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

WOOP! New Thread (And Co-Owner Powers :D:D:D ;) )

We don't do "book report's" in England, but we have had to study different stories/plays for our GCSEs, and do Coursework on them, so I shall list them

Roses Of Eyam by Don Taylor (For Post 1914 Prose. A Play)
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (Cannot remember the precise "category" for Coursework this was. Pretty sure it was a "Shakespeare" in general)
Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Pre 1914-Prose)

mewmew202

erm probably twas the Natural History of Dogs I needed a nonfiction for school and decided hey dogs are interesting. Boy was I wrong.
and thanks for having me in the club without the need to have the formal PMing and such. Saves me a load of time.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
That reminds me:

Palkia1, would you like to be co-owner? I forgot to ask on the last thread.

To answer the topic, Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw. In my opinion, a boredom inducer, especially the most anti-climatic ending ever...

Yeah, i would like to be co-owner. I'm really glad that you restarted the club. Good job on that.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Ok. I'll add you.

DieChavsDie, I live in Yorkshire, and I sort of do them.... Mainly just books we are working on in Class...

DieChavsDie

Ive never had to do a book report. Maybe it varies. I live in Southampton, so maybe its a "North-South" thing

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Right, time for a new topic:

Who is your favourite author?

Mine is Terry Deary, who writes the horrible histories books.

palkia1

Palkia Lover

Mine is J.K. Rowling. I love the Harry Potter books. They are my favourite books by far. I also like Eoin Colfer, Emily Rodda, Andy Griffiths, Odo Hirsch and Michael Scott. They are the main authors that i read

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.

I don't know. Unless I really, really enjoy a book and want to read other books by the same author, I don't usually notice the author of the book I'm reading.

DieChavsDie

I have a load, but mostly from when I was younger.

Of books Im obsessed with now, JK Rowling, Anthony Horowitz and Eoin Colfer

mewmew202

probably J.K. Rowling or Phillip Pullman. Lol

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
DEAD.....

Sorry if this is bumping an old club, but I want to keep it alive and it's not yet a month old...

Topic: Favourite Book Genre?

EDIT: Everyone say hi to our new member, Paddster56!

Last edited:

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
Sorry I've been inactive; I haven't had much time to read lately.

Favourite Book Genre?

Either fantasy or science fiction.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Sorry I've been inactive; I haven't had much time to read lately.

Favourite Book Genre?

Either fantasy or science fiction.

It's ok. It's my fault the club's dead. I should have posted after Lord Zero but kept putting it off until I finally decided to do it. It's a hassle to search for a club that hasn't been posted in for a while anyway.

Come on guys when i started looking at the clubs i saw you guys quite alot!

So Heres 3 topics

Whats your latest Book?

What is your favorite Book ?

If you could write a book what would it be about?

Status
Not open for further replies.