• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Borderlands Thread

Mister_SGG

borderlands1banner_zps9ae04a72.jpg

i still don't know how to do that

The last Borderlands thread died out on the first page, but that was almost two years ago (before the release of BL2). So let's give it another go.

If you're unaware of what Borderlands is, it is a mix between a first-person-shooter and a role-playing-game. You and up to three other players need to complete a series of [arguably] immersive quests. Along the way, you'll need to fight a wide range of enemies, using a wide range of weaponry, while collecting a wide range of loot.

Useful Links:
Borderlands wiki
Borderlands on Wikipedia
Borderlands official website
Random Link

Discuss. Or don't, I can't force you or anything.​

Attachments

• borderlands-banner.jpg
    borderlands-banner.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 187

Abstinence Pistols

The game gets a little grindy after a while, but I thought Borderlands 2 was kind of fun. The different areas looked a hell of a lot better than Borderlands 1's pattern of dirt brown.

My main class right now is Gunzerker, and I plan to try Siren on a second playthrough. I've heard she can get ridiculously broken.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I've beaten the original twice so far -- once as Roland and once as Lilith. I've beaten the first three DLC as Roland and plan to do the fourth sometime soon, as well as doing another playthrough as Roland, probably to be recorded for the Internets. Roland seems massively handy for multiplayer, especially if he's built as support and gives ammo regen.

I played a little of 2, but not very much; I found it more of a slow starter, to the point that I played, and really need to go back to it now that my schedule is a lot more open.

Mister_SGG

I picked up Borderlands 2 a few months ago and have really enjoyed it overall.

I've pry made things tougher for myself by running solo as Zer0 in my game thus far.

Have you played the first one? BL2 is an improvement in many ways, but I think the first has more of a fun factor.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
i enjoy bl2 actually, and i love Zer0... well when i finally found a friggin sniper. I think im gonna play as either the gunzerker, or siren on a second run through.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I've been playing this game (BL2) on an internet cafe for the past few days. Of all the Shooter games I've played, this topped it all with Left for Dead as second.

I mean, Cel Shading with Guns + Loot Hunting + Exploration + RPG skills + action = A game that I love on par with the Pokemon Series and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the Witch

For me, what Gearbox did with this series, playing borderlands 2 myself, and after watching tetraninja's playthrough of this game, I got a feeling that Borderlands has the Pokemon potential -- even if it doesn't sell much. Fans of this game will be possibly on the same caliber as Pokemon as of today in the upcoming future.

Here are my ratings of the four types of players:

#1 - Commando
#2 - Assassin
#3 - Siren
#4 - Gunzerker

Personally, I love playing as Axton the most. The turret is too hard to ignore, I mean, the Survival Skill tree is my Kind of Gameplay. The other skill trees are also greatly viable for me. He is a Jack of all traits you see. Though he can be more of a defensive type. Simply, he's as flexible as Maya. But also as aggressive as Salvador or Zero.

The reason Zero is second is that my favorite Skill tree, Bloodshed, has many of my desired gameplay style on a shooter game. The catch: I have to be attacking on Melee. I'm a Glass Cannon. A least the snipping skill tree is a decent option. The second rather sucks for me. A very good choice if you are either the fast killer type or the stealthy type of player. I'm the latter you see.

Maya on third place is that, while respectable, neither of her skill trees appeal to me. But, with the Cataclysm Skill tree, it becomes deadly. I love it so bad. The catch: she's too dependent on Maliwan brand Guns as her only way to inflict extra effects like burn / corrosion / slag / shock status for the most part --- if you ignore grenade customs for a moment. I did found guns that are not on the Maliwan brand with elemental bonuses later on the part on finding Sanctuary for the first time. Her ability early on is rarely helpful. Not my kind of thing during my early tries.

Salvador. Long story short, close range aggressive ability is not my favored style of game play. All of his abilities are cool. But the nice thing about him is that his Gunzerking ability heals all of his lost HP, even if your shields are down. Extremely useful in many cases. So he's more on Bulky offense like a Conkeldurr. But in most cases, he's locked to RPGs, Assault Riffles, and SMG guns as my preffered playstyle with him