• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Boxart looks like Palkia and Dialga transforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I don't know, i feel like there is something GF are hiding, may it be primal forms or a completely new thing.

If you look past the whole "They stepped on a lego" meme. I actually have an idea of what is happening, maybe Cyrus pushed the pokémon to their limit and ended up transfoming?
Like, we never really see how Cyrus plan would actually work because either Giratina or the lake trio would interfere with his plans, so maybe in this game his plan actually works and Palkia and Dialga undergo a transformation.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
The game is named *Shining* Pearl and *Brilliant* Diamond. It's just a fun play on the title.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I can't really see it myself, to be honest... they just look very detailed and screaming, and otherwise like their usual selves. And wouldn't a new form or tranformation be something for them to market?

ShadowForce720

I can't really see it myself, to be honest... they just look very detailed and screaming, and otherwise like their usual selves. And wouldn't a new form or tranformation be something for them to market?
Not necessarily as when we got the box art of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it only had like the head of Ultra Necrozma and some people insisted that, that meant nothing and that Necrozma wasn’t going to get a new form outside of Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma.

Also on the box art of Sword and Shield it only shows the Crowned form of Zacian and Zamazenta but didn’t show there Hero of Many Battles form.

Now of course it’s not guaranteed that Dialgia and Palkia will get new forms, however it is possible that the box art could be hinting or showing them transforming.

So their new forms being hidden until the games release or later in the marketing cycle is a possibility.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That's certainly true, but it still strikes me as a bit odd to mask that information when info has been a bit on the light side thus far. Maybe they're going further with that style from SwSh, compared to ORAS and gen 7 titles where there was a lot more pre-release info available.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't get why people are so adamant that Dialga and Palkia are getting form changes when ORAS is the only one out of the previous four remakes to do such a thing. Also, we've seen them glowing like that since DP. This isn't a new thing for them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Honestly, they are just going "AAAAAAAAHHHHH".

In all seriousness though, I would like new forms for them to keep things a little fresh. But I have my doubts because it should've been prominently featured at the cover from the start.

On a similar note, I love the "realistic" rendering of Dialga and Palkia. I did not expect Palkia to have fur.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Honestly I would've liked a Origin forme for Dialga and Palkia when holding the Adamant/Luscious orb. If not in the main game, then as a post-game item. A Platinum episode with Origin Dialga/Palkia vs Origin Giratina would be great.

Also the cover arts are so good that I hope the box will have that holo effect like the Platinum one.

Akashin

Honestly I would've liked a Origin forme for Dialga and Palkia when holding the Adamant/Luscious orb. If not in the main game, then as a post-game item. A Platinum episode with Origin Dialga/Palkia vs Origin Giratina would be great.

Also the cover arts are so good that I hope the box will have that holo effect like the Platinum one.

Agreed. Though, as a minor nitpick I would argue that Dialga and Palkia should get Altered Formes. Giratina's Origin Forme is its true form that it can't sustain outside of its home world without the Griseous Orb; by the same token, I would presume that the Dialga and Palkia we know are their true forms (as they don't have a notable home outside of the Pokemon World as Giratina does), and that they could possibly use their orbs to assume Altered Formes of their own.

With all that being said, I don't expect anything for either of them at this stage, much as I would have liked to see it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't know, i feel like there is something GF are hiding, may it be primal forms or a completely new thing.

If you look past the whole "They stepped on a lego" meme. I actually have an idea of what is happening, maybe Cyrus pushed the pokémon to their limit and ended up transfoming?
Like, we never really see how Cyrus plan would actually work because either Giratina or the lake trio would interfere with his plans, so maybe in this game his plan actually works and Palkia and Dialga undergo a transformation.

I'm gonna be real. I think you're just holding onto wishful thinking.

Now, it's certainly possible there could be surprise formes they're not telling us about, but I highly doubt they're sneaking it into the cover art. In addition, the Japanese title art usually holds the symbol representing the game's new forme. BDSP's title art has no such symbol, only images of literal diamonds and pearls, which was to be expected.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I don't get why people are so adamant that Dialga and Palkia are getting form changes when ORAS is the only one out of the previous four remakes to do such a thing. Also, we've seen them glowing like that since DP. This isn't a new thing for them.
In people’s defense FRLG had no legenadries as box art, obviously this didn’t happen in HGSS and ORAS did it so maybe people are just hoping what happened in ORAS is a recurring thing

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm gonna be real. I think you're just holding onto wishful thinking.

Now, it's certainly possible there could be surprise formes they're not telling us about, but I highly doubt they're sneaking it into the cover art. In addition, the Japanese title art usually holds the symbol representing the game's new forme. BDSP's title art has no such symbol, only images of literal diamonds and pearls, which was to be expected.
Also, the words Omega & Alpha in ORAS also had significance considering it's part of Groudon & Kyogre's Primal designs (and the stones). Brilliant & Shining doesn't seem to imply a form change or something. If the games were named Adamant/Temporal Diamond & Lustrous/Spatial Pearl, then I'd think otherwise.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. I want them to have forms.

On a different note, it makes me wonder if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina will have an ancient-something form in Legends instead...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
"Brilliant" and "Shining" are both light-related terms, so them glowing on the boxart is clearly meant to be the Illumina phenomenon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
"Brilliant" and "Shining" are both light-related terms, so them glowing on the boxart is clearly meant to be the Illumina phenomenon.

Illuma Dialga con4rmd?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I've never seen a forme exclusive to a spin-off make its way into a main series title.

Let's not jump on that one so quickly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I doubt it. If an older legendary got new formes they always showcased it on the box. Origin Giratina, Black and White Kyurem, Primal Groudon and Kyogre, Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma. It's always a huge selling point, so why would the original Palkia and Dialga be on the box art if they'd get new formes?

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Yea the new Presents kind of debunked this thread,

Status
Not open for further replies.