• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Breeding Center Secret! (057)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Breeding Center Secret!

After putting Psyduck in a breeding centre, Misty realises she needs it to get some food from a generous chef. But when she goes to get it, Ash & Co discover a diabolical plot by 2 new Team Rocket members who are trying to steal Pokemon, and in doing so, Ash & co. get captured by them. Can Misty & Pikachu save them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This proves once and for that Misty only wants Psyduck when she can benefit from him. (Loved the picture the resturant owner had of Psyduck, that's a pose I would never think to put Psyduck in.)

Did anyone else find it strange that they didn't bother to sperate Jessie from the guys, or that they put Victreebel in with them either?

Chris

Old Coot
If you're referring to where the hell Weepinbell/Victreebel came from, it's explained in a late Johto episode during Elekid's episode debut.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
No, I mean why are Jessie and Victreebel in the same cell as James, Ash, Brock, and Snap?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Victreebell! I miss Victreebell so much now. :( It's great that we get to meet Victreebell and Butch and Cassidy in this episode, but I still miss my beloved James-eating plant. I love Cacnea too, but Victreebell was always great to watch. I guess I always be a yumshipper. :)

I also think it's kind of weird that Brock fell for Cassidy the first time he met her, and he's never shown any interest in Jessie. Then again, he fell for Domino in "Mewtwo Returns" too.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Actually, in amuch later episode he explains that there is nothing attractive about Jessie. (Much to her disgust. XD)

V

Vermilion

i rarther like this episode, i like the fat guy who likes psyducks XD

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Hands down, one of the best episodes of the first season, if not the best. Perfect for a season finale - the introduction of Butch and Cassidy, the best recurring supporting players on the show. I like them better than I like Jessie and James because they actually try to be evil and think their plans through much more thoroughly than J&J ever have. It'd be nice to see them win for once, just to prove how pathetic Jessie and James really are. Of course, for my "Intensity" fics, I used a role reversal technique - now it's Jessie and James who are the masters, and Butch and Cassidy are the losers who keep getting demoted in their feeble attempts to outdo their competition.

I didn't really care for Victreebel's introduction, though - not only did this episode lead to a running gag that quickly got stale in my eyes, but we're offered no immediate explanation as to how James got a Weepinbell prior to this episode (my theory used to be that he kept the one he stole in "A Chansey Operation"). Plus, Victreebel has a dub voice in this episode - and only in this episode. And it's nothing like his Japanese voice.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I loved this episode as well.

Psyduck's taped eyes...that was funny! I mean...that poor Psyduck.

Finally, Psyduck gets some glory. That restaurant owner is awesome.

I always assumed that Weepinbell came from some episode that was banned, before I knew about the banned episodes. It annoyed me how it was all of a sudden there.

Butch and Cassidy. I love every episode with them, my favorite being "Pikachu Revolts", my least favorite probably the three Lugia episodes, being that Butch and Cassidy aren't the life of the party.

Carted off...Jessie and James are too slick for the law. They always fail, but never stay in jail. Butch and Cassidy got bailed out though. That's amusing.

Overall, I'd say 9/10

E

EvilCassidy

I always assumed that Weepinbell came from some episode that was banned, before I knew about the banned episodes. It annoyed me how it was all of a sudden there.

Actually, it was a major dubbing error. I think in the Japanese version he didn't have it but he said "Hey a Weepinbell! Let's steal it!" or something like that.

I've yet to see this episode, but I really want to! It's the only BC ep I haven't seen. I thought Pikachu Revolts was their first until Cassidy said in "The Fortune Hunters" to Misty when Ash & Co. uncover B&C scam: "Now I remember! You're the twerps that ruined our last two plans!"

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
EvilCassidy said:
Actually, it was a major dubbing error. I think in the Japanese version he didn't have it but he said "Hey a Weepinbell! Let's steal it!" or something like that.
That's what I thought, too, until one day a couple of years ago when I went searching Japanese sites for an explanation. And what I found was, on a bulletin board, a discussion that looked almost exactly like the ones on the English boards, with someone asking where the Utsudon Kojiro left at the breeding center had come from. No one knew the answer. (This was before the late Jouto episode with the answer had aired in Japan.)

Rex Kamex

Edward Elric said:
If you're referring to where the hell Weepinbell/Victreebel came from, it's explained in a late Johto episode during Elekid's episode debut.

Why they waited 206 episodes before explaining Weepinbell's appearance I will never know. Team Rocket even mentioned Koffing and Ekans's appearances earlier than that (at least in the dub).

This episode was good, other than that. Butch and Cassidy are so cool.

V

vulpix

i really like this episode cause this is the first time that Psyduck is actually neaded for something(and that is an all you can eat buffay)sorry mined my spelling.

L

lightspeed

I really enjoyed this episode, it was so interesting. I like the part where Ash and gang went into the breeding center and found out that it was fake, I also like the part where Misty went to the breeding center to ask for Psyduck...Overall, a great episode.

I like Butch and Cassidy, but missing from this episode was the legendary name calling of Billy...sorry! Biff!

Once again this shows Pokémon Chronicles writers weren't too observant to these episodes, because in 'Training Daze', Jessie & James battle it out with B&C, yet in this episode, James has no clue whatsoever as to who the other Team Rocket members were.

A pretty good episode on the whole.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The mixups on Butch's name didn't begin until B&C's second episode. And even then, it was only James getting it wrong at first. Even weirder than nobody getting Butch's name wrong here is Brock remembering it right in "The Fortune Hunters" (he had to remember back 100 episodes, and most people forget in 30 seconds!!).