• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Breeding Center Secret! (057)

TheEpicGoomba

It was cool to see Cassidy and Butch for the first time. I wished they would of explained Victreebel but it was the start of a gag that most Pokemon of James' would either bite him of hug him.6.5/10

Calamity™

aka Lamia
A nice way to introduce some new Team Rocket characters. Although Jessie, James and Meowth are still the best. I like how 10 year olds are allowed to be locked up in cells. Even though I think Ash was the only 10 year old out of that bunch. I didn't understand the Victreebel part though. It was all a scam so they weren't actually training any Pokémon, so how could Weepinbell evolve? My theory is that James just took some random persons Victreebel by mistake, which is why it keeps trying to eat him!

Hilarious and cool episode.
- The cook wanting to see Psyduck.
- The breeding center.
- Cassidy and Butch making their debute.
- James getting Victreebel, even though I would've liked to have more of a backstory for it.
- Misty admitted her secret love for Psyduck.

10/10.

Blessed

A very good & hilarious episode, I loved how it was up to Misty to free Ash, Brock, & Todd from Jail by gathering the evidence that proved they were innocent all along. Her entrance to the jail was priceless. Nice to know that the Chef loves Psyduck in general and that Misty had one so that she could eat all she wants lol! This episode proved she really does love Psyduck. And so, this episode wraps up the Todd arc until we see him again in Johto!

Last edited:

7threst

Butch, probably the most hilarious running-gag character I ever encountered in any sort of anime. A great episode to introduce the hilarious, while simultaneous eviler duo of Team Rocket. I also find it quite surprising that, with no indication or clue whatsoever, James suddenly has an Victreebel. Something like that normally doesn't happen anymore in this day and age.

Lucille

I wish we would of seen James' Weepinbell before...

The debut of the James-eating Victreebell!
Now I can't wait until the point in the show where it just shrieks the entire time! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was suspicious of Cassidy from the start to be frank; she seemed a bit too perfect in my view. Anyway, I laughed when Misty got her Psyduck back from the breeding center and it had its eyes taped back. To this day, I still wonder where James even caught Weepinbell. Him leaving one at the breeding center seemed so random.

KJC

It was was an excellent episode, loved how Cassidy and Butch actually got Ash & co arrested. Could you imagine this plot happening in today's anime?

Anyway, I was confused as to why James's Weepingbell evolved if the place was a scam, so I also thought he just took someone' else's Victrebell by accident.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Cassidy and Butch appeared to be more liked by Giovanni than Jessie and James, plus seeing Victreebel swallow James' head was funny. I was a little sad to see Todd leave the group however. ^^

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I really liked to see Cassidy and Butch again.It was a fun episode overall plus James got a new Pokemon! 9/10

JudySpell

Banned
Good episode which showed us that James & Jessie had their own rivals. Misty was clever here too but James having a Victreebel was random. 8/10

Wonder where James got his Weepinbell. My favorite part here was when Misty's Psyduck's eyes were taped to make them look meaner.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but James having a Victreebel was random. 8/10

Yea I would've liked if we had seen James catch it before instead of it just showing up in the breeding center. I remember being really confused about where and when he caught it when I was younger.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yea I would've liked if we had seen James catch it before instead of it just showing up in the breeding center. I remember being really confused about where and when he caught it when I was younger.

I think it was implied during a Johto episode flashback that he caught Weepinbell at the Safari Zone.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think it was implied during a Johto episode flashback that he caught Weepinbell at the Safari Zone.

I don't remember seeing that, but even if that's the case I dunno why we couldn't have seen a flashback here or even just a reference to how James caught his Weepinbell. But I guess that will always be one of the show's big mysteries. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
So here we saw the debut of Musashi and Kojirou's eternal rivals, Yamato and Kosaburou. I thought that their scam at the breeding center was smart, certainly more organized than any plan by Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu. I thought that Koduck being the chef's favorite Pokemon was quite hilarious.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked Butch and Cassidy! Once again this shows that Chronicles writers weren't too observant to these episodes, because in "Training Daze" Jessie and James battled it out with them, yet in this episode, James has no clue whatsoever as to who the other Team Rocket members were.