• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Breeding Center Secret! (057)

Alloutℯ

Banned
I thought it was pretty cruel the way Misty was talking about poor Psyduck, saying it was empty headed and stuff to the breeder lady and saying "to change that mindless expression" on it's face.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought it was pretty cruel the way Misty was talking about poor Psyduck, saying it was empty headed and stuff to the breeder lady and saying "to change that mindless expression" on it's face.

Well, she didn't lie lol. Psyduck was dumb and I can't fault Misty for being so blunt. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
While watching this episode again last night, I noticed how Cassidy saw Misty in the back room when the breeding center's evil secret was discovered, yet when Misty went back later to pick up Psyduck, Cassidy didn't even recognize her. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
While watching this episode again last night, I noticed how Cassidy saw Misty in the back room when the breeding center's evil secret was discovered, yet when Misty went back later to pick up Psyduck, Cassidy didn't even recognize her. ^^;

Eh, wasn't that because when Misty retrieved her Psyduck, she wore a cap and a disguise to hide her identity from Cassidy & Butch?

Leonhart

Imagineer

She was just being snappish as usual, but as we all know and as the second half of the episode proved, she actually did care about her Koduck's well-being. If any character was treated unfairly here, it was poor Tooru. This was his final Kanto saga appearance, yet he didn't do much except take a few photos before leaving almost unceremoniously.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode, for the episode introduced Cassidy & Butch and James's Victreebel, though for the latter, just where the heck did it come from? And why did they wait far too long for an explanation?

I love how Butch & Cassidy didn't do exactly as Giovanni told them to do. Send the Pokémon to him "immediately." Cassidy & Butch apparently delayed a bit.

Good for Misty getting Psyduck back and the camera (which Pikachu did) to solve the secret of the breeding center.

Leonhart

Imagineer
James's Victreebel, though for the latter, just where the heck did it come from? And why did they wait far too long for an explanation?

I didn't like how random that scene was since it was left as a plothole until near the end of Jouto. Plus, we hardly got to see Kojirou's Utsubot in action in Kanto after this episode, which was a waste.

Er how did Butch and Cassidy get away with such an obvious scam. Anyone with a brain should've detected that the breeding center was too good to be true. Also, bye Todd/Snap.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I've never liked Butch and Cassidy as characters, but Misty's disguise was clever. Jenny irked me when she refused to believe Ash, Brock, and Todd.
7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
In Junsa's defense, she knew that Yamato and Kosaburou had good reputations in the city, so I understood why she accepted Yamato and Kosaburou's fake story.

I thought that Cassidy and Butch should've appeared earlier in the region so that we could've seen Jessie and James fight with them more. The breeding center scam that Cassidy and Butch invented seemed really cruel though when you consider just how close they were to successfully stealing all those Pokemon. They made Jessie and James look like a couple of pansies by comparison.

Funny how Butch and Cassidy looked so much like a cheap knock off of Jessie and James and I know that Butch even had James's voice actor although his voice was so much different and kind of rough like a chain smoker's voice. Snap did redeem himself a little in my eyes because of how he helped provided photographic evidence for Butch and Cassidy's scam and I liked how Misty ended up getting the all you can eat buffet as her reward thanks to Psyduck. 8/10