1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Brockster Is In (658)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Yes they completelly ignored that stuff till now, i hope it gets answered in next episode or on BW 1 and we see Gliscor with all the other pokemons at Oak.

2. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

LOL Your upset that they didn't have a reunion? Wow. I'm glad they didn't, if Brock's leaving he should get the episode around him. It was a good episode, Brock is getting the send off he deserves.

3. ShinyVaati

ShinyVaati 100% Rebel Time Lord

This was pretty good episode. The middle was a little dull, but the bottle cap subplot at the beginning was amusing, and the ending with Happiny finally evolving and then seeing the gang about to reach Twinleaf Town with Johanna there to greet them was nice to see.

Overall, it's a pretty enjoyable episode and Brock is finally starting to get his closure.

Little side note: I liked near the start of the episode when James sees the bottle cap, and Jessie says "Is it Gold, Silver, Platinum!?" and Meowth adds "Or Diamond or Pearl?!" Cool little reference to all the 4th Generation games now that we're at its end.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  4. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I liked it. Iwas hoping Happiny would evolve twice into Blissey.

5. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

So now frikkin' TENTACRUEL have developed a sense of ownership over something. We're screwed.

6. Corzola

Corzola Gible´s biggest fan!

It was a nice episode. It had both fun as well as serious topics and they finnally gave Brock a goal that actually seems fitting. While they kind of lost the breeding thing (even if they have mentioned it a few times) they have found a better goal. As a breeder he mostly made berries and never followed up on the bigger picture of a Pokémon- breeder. Had they done that I would have been fine with the breeding thing but as the times has gone by Brock becoming a Pokémon doctor seems more real. He has always been the one who takes care of Pokémon as a professional.

I wonder if they decided that he should become a breeder when they gave him Happiny, or that they thought that it would be great for him, now when he owned a Happiny, that he could become a doctor. I mean, they gave him a baby- Pokémon once before but Happiny and its evo is cloesly linked to the doctor/nurse job.

However, while I felt that the ep in itself was good I can´t help feeling that it was just part 1 of 2, and we know that the next ep will be the real ending. They rarly do eps that so closely follows up in the next ep (I am not couting the Gym/Contest eps or the bigger arcs) AND THEN the story ends. The most short arcs has taken a few good eps, now we will see first this ep and then the next one, and after that...it is all over.

Based on that I won´t rate this ep, because it really is a sort of part 1 of 2, and the two last DP eps should be rated together.

7. raz1337

raz1337 Miju Miju!

Wow. They really said that? That's friggin awesome. I hope they keep that in the dub.

8. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

That part made me start to tear up.

9. Hikari Paradise

Hikari Paradise Forever Alone

Well it's about time happiny evolved. Anyways this episode was cute and sweet.

10. TrainerOfLegend

TrainerOfLegend Well-Known Member

Anyone got what Nurse Joy and Dawn said to Brock once he said "Pokémon Doctor?" after it was all over? It was a really interesting episode, but I just feel like I could enjoy it more by understanding that bit.

11. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Nice. LIke others said, 'Meeting and a Parting'.........great tune.

Yep, but I havent a clue what he did with it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  12. TrainerOfLegend

TrainerOfLegend Well-Known Member

Pichu didn't like the raw berry, so Brock used the Lava Cookie and smashed it, along with the berry and he mixed it together.

13. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

so basically the tentacruel were ticked off thanks to Team Rocket searching for treasure underwater? Well, basically it's James fault due to thrashing his way into the tentacruel and suddenly ambush them.

14. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Oh so that green mush mix was a cocktail of that cookie and berry? Sounds decent :D cheers.

15. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

I liked seeing all the baby pokemon and Brock did a great job of taking care of them after they were poisoned by the Tentacruel.

I'm also happy that Happiny evolved into Chansey.

This was a very nice episode.

16. ~Platinum~

~Platinum~ <- Caught it!

He mixed the cookie and berries together in a blender to make a pink smoothie which was in the bottle he gave Pichu. I have absolutely no idea what that green mush was.

17. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Why now? Obviously because DP is ending. It wasn't all of a sudden at all. It's the end of the saga, it's time to send characters off, and 90% fandom predicted this long ago.

18. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Although this ep wasn't as good as it could have been, (let's be honest, this would have been a painfully bad filler if we didn't know Brock was leaving), but it served its purpose.

I wish Brock got more screentime.

19. magicallypuzzled

magicallypuzzled Well-Known Member

nah it would of been a very interesting filler if brock wasn't leaving with him leaving it was just that much better.

sigh i'll miss brock so much

20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

You have 620 eps with Brock to rewatch. Granted he doesn't do anything in about 85% of them.