• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Brockster Is In (658)

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Sweet episode that wraps up Brock´s story on a high note.
Script, BGM and voice acting was very enjoyable.
+ James and bottlecaps involved = instant win.

9/10

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
And finally it is Brock's Swan Song and what I moving episode it was. Not only this it brought everything that brock is into one episode. A caring person who will do anything and everything to save pokemon. This is seen in his quick acceptance to the job when he is asked to help, to the frantic gathering of berries and other items which he could use to make these pokemon well.

He then matures through Nurse Joy's words (you wouldn't expect anyone else) and takes it upon himself to try everything he could from the limited knowledge he had to make these pokemon as comfortable as possible before Nurse Joy arrived with more resources but with a little help from his happiny, woops I mean chansey of course.

A fitting conclusion to a fantastic character, but we still have one more episode to enjoy Brock in all his glory.

Oh, and to conclude my say on the episode, the games reference from team rocket was absolute gold, no I mean silver, or maybe rubies...my opinion isnt so black and white afterall ;).

Those gosh darn Tentacruels really put a smile on my face, but my gosh how poorly Ash and co.'s goodbyes are during the beginning of this episode. What this? Happininy is evolving? Congratulations, Brock, it evolved into Chansey: formerly the best wall in the series until its 2nd gen evolution. It's too bad Brock is declining the offer to be doctor because that could'v made Nurse Joy become his woman.

I don't recall him stating that he declined the offer to becoming a pokemon doctor nor do I recall him actually being offered. All I remember is Nurse Joy recommending that Brock would be an excellent pokemon doctor due to the skills he showed in the episode. He did state that he had never thought of becoming a pokemon doctor before, but he never said that he was not going to consider becoming one, if I am mistaken I stand corrected.

Last edited:

AmericanPi

Write on
^ Yeah, I like this episode too because it focuses on Brock instead of Ash or Dawn. The anime needs more Brock-episodes, and this is one of them. :)

And by the way, I heard that there will be a DP special focusing on Brock after his return to the Pewter Gym. Is this true?

Anyways...

"It's treasure!"

"Is it gold or silver?"

"Rubies or sapphires?"

"Diamonds or pearls?"

HAHA :p

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Kinda was cool to see Brock's Happiny evolve into Chansey as well as seeing Softboiled.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Nice subliminal advertising there, Nintendo.

Good episode and somewhat sad. We're almost at the end. I'm glad Brock has finaly decided to do something.

Anybody have a flashback when they saw TR on the raft in the sunset, to the episode Tentacool and Tentacruel back in Kanto when TR was sitting in the barrel in the sunset? Yeah.

halloweenghost

Wait, James said? I remember Meowth & Jessie's quotes, but not James's quotes. I'll look at it later today. I have the episode recorded.

As for the episode, I thought it was OK. The beginning was somewhat boring, although we did just finish the Lily of the Valley Conference. It was nice to see a Brock-centric episode and Happiny evolving. It sucks that DP is very close to ending.
9/10

yeah they are guessing what it is.. and James says. "It isn't so Black and White."

I loved that little tidbit.. like they did before for diamond and pearl before this saga started lol

Great episode..Well this was your last episode as a regular to shine and you did well. We'll miss you Brock you've been around for a long time. was great to see Happini Evolve and Brock come to a conclusion of what he may be best at.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
Today's episode was good. It was a good send off for Brock. I liked seeing him care for those little Pokemon.It was cool seeing Brock's Happiny evolve into Chansey. It was weird that all of the Pokemon were baby Pokemon except for that Teddiursa. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I'm surprised that it took this long for Happiny to evolve. I'm a little sad that Brock is about to leave again. The plot with the baby Pokémon getting sick didn't interest me very much but I thought that Team Rocket was [petty funny. I liked it when they made the reference to past games and the new games that are coming. It was nice.

R_N

Aww, a nice send off for Brocko. Another really good episode, it was neat to see Brock realize he'd make a good doctor. And Happiny evolved and everything! Happy times all around.

I like the bottlecap line. Oh Nintendo, you cards you.

Also those Tentacruel are yet another reason in an endless list as to why living in the Pokemon world would be terrifying forever.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I know this is going to be a bit of a fanboy-ey rant, but Im disgusted at how cheery the dubbers made Ash seem at the end of the last ep, and the beginning of this. I know in his story in the show, he has the chance to travel to lovely new places, so for him it is all sunshine and daisies, but go on dubbers, show me a bit of "F**king hell, gods sake, waiting for another bl**dy league."

Loved the ep though. Is it Gold, Silver or Platinum? Ruby or Sapphire, though Diamonds and Pearls rock too!! Its not quite that Black and White. Glad they kept that in, that has to be the best dialogue exchange of the entire series.

Did they have to remove 'A Meeting and a parting' from the soundtrack at the end though? That was one of the sweetest moments in DP, in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yep her name was Normajean, i loved this episode, Dawn had to mention that Brock would always be with Joy, i be Joy hates Dawn now, good gaming reference, I'm guessing Happiny evolved after helping crushing the ice, it just took a bit to evolve.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
NewBrock (the guy who did his voice since BF), was my favorite of the new voices since he started. He really captures Brock well.

His 5 year stint as Brock is coming to a close.

Aegon

I really enjoyed this episode. It was a fitting end to Brock's time with Ash. I would have preferred to have seen more of Happiny right before it evolved, as it just looked worried for about two seconds, then began to glow.

Bubblewrap

I'm not going to type out what I've already said about this episode on another forum. But it was just so sad for me to watch this episode. Although the dub did fantastically.

NewBrock (the guy who did his voice since BF), was my favorite of the new voices since he started. He really captures Brock well.

His 5 year stint as Brock is coming to a close.

This is one of the (main) reasons I'm so upset Brock's gone. I really enjoyed NewBrock's version of Brock a lot. He was my favourite out of all the new VAs and I follow his other work too.

-sigh-. I only hope he stays on to BW :(

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Excellent episode, I truly enjoyed it. Watching it made me realise there's only 1 more episode of DP left - I can remember watching DP001 with Mesprit and Piplup! Near the end of the episode I was almost tearing up - God help me next week! Lovely send-off to Brock, and Chansey's evolution was good. Nice start of the send off to DP!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This is one of the (main) reasons I'm so upset Brock's gone. I really enjoyed NewBrock's version of Brock a lot. He was my favourite out of all the new VAs and I follow his other work too.

-sigh-. I only hope he stays on to BW :(

I'd find it really amusing if he voices Dento next season.

Bubblewrap

I'd find it really amusing if he voices Dento next season.

Yeah... I don't think he will though because we already have been told that Khoury and Barry's VAs are voicing new characters.

Anyway, it's a shame Brock's Chansey seemed to lose her personality when she evolved.

croagunk22

the one thing brock does best to me is entertain and he definetly did it in this episode it shows all his best qualities and if you didnt know brock was leaving it probably made you realise oh im talking about parents anyway brock has been a fantastic character and im so happy he is getting a nice conclusion one more ep of conclusion to go!!!!