• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bug Stops Here! (163)

My favorite scene here was Misty getting spooked by Spinarak + Casey should've captured a strong Bug-type like that Scyther that Chikorita fought, not Weedle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nature Park's Bug-Catching Contest seemed very different here compared to the in-game version, in that only the winner could keep their captured Bug-type. Adaptation differences aside, I liked seeing Nanako again, especially watching her Chikoriita evolve. Satoshi giving Nanako his Spear was nice, too.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Wtf @ Ash gifting Casey his Beedrill. It was good to see her Chikorita evolve into Bayleef, though. I do think that she was pushing Chikorita a little too hard during the contest, but everything turned out okay.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Enjoyed seeing Casey and her Chikorita again. But Casey was indeed pushing Chikorita too hard. Now that she realized the error of her ways, she even got Bayleef. Ash winning the contest was cool, but it was a sweet gesture of him to give Casey a Beedrill, as Ash felt he had no need for it. Casey got two new Pokémon in just one episode.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The Bug Catching Contest was fun in some ways, but I think Ash and Casey hogged it all which was too bad. I think Misty and Brock deserved to compete in it as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Bug Catching Contest was fun in some ways, but I think Ash and Casey hogged it all which was too bad. I think Misty and Brock deserved to compete in it as well.

Satoshi and Nanako receiving the most attention here seemed reasonable. Takeshi wouldn't have had a need for a new Bug-type since he had Kunugidama, and Kasumi absolutely hated Bug-types herself, so I couldn't imagine her wanting to capture one during the Bug-Catching Contest.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was nice of Ash to give Casey that Beedrill at the end. Now she has another yellow-striped Pokemon. :)
Neat that her Chikorita evolved, but her Bayleef's voice sounds kind of weird.

To me it seemed unfair how Casey got a free Beedrill and evolved her Chikorita, meanwhile Ash won the contest and all he got was a Sun Stone.

Leonhart

Imagineer
To me it seemed unfair how Casey got a free Beedrill and evolved her Chikorita, meanwhile Ash won the contest and all he got was a Sun Stone.

Frankly, Satoshi didn't need a new Pokemon anyway since his Waninoko was still somewhat new, and his prize for winning the competition would serve a purpose later on.

I get why Misty didn't compete in the Bug-Catching Contest since she hates most bugs, but I think Brock should've entered just to see him get off his butt for once. I liked how Casey had trouble during the competition but that it all led to her Chikorita evolving. I just didn't like that Ash handed her a free Beedrill. Casey should've just caught her own Beedrill instead of getting a gift.

Casey coming back after a long absence was good and she was a little more mature since we had last seen her although obviously she was still obsessed with that Electabuzz baseball team. I thought that her Chikorita evolving before Ash's Chikorita was unfair since Casey's Chikorita didn't seem that strong so I didn't think she deserved it. I also wish that she had caught the Beedrill on her own instead of Ash gifting it to her for absolutely no reason. 6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I also wish that she had caught the Beedrill on her own instead of Ash gifting it to her for absolutely no reason. 6/10

I did think that it was a rather sudden decision on Satoshi's part to give his potential rival a free Pokemon. Nanako could've easily captured the Spear herself and nothing would've changed, so Satoshi giving it away to her made me wonder what the whole point was, especially since it was never a main plot point in future episodes.

Ash gave away Beedrill, nice. I wonder how the Electabuzz baseball team is doing now. Why didn't Bayleef keep the headband?
At one point in the episode Meowth sounds like he's saying "Oh sh*t"

Last edited: