1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Call of Duty Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Slick, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Slick

Slick Banned

[IMG139]http://i52.*******.com/2nb9h94.png[/IMG139]

Welcome gentlemen and 12 year olds, to the new and improved Call of Duty thread. Here, we shall talk about the "prestigious" Call of Duty series.

Call of Duty sucks.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

Yeah, I pre-ordered the game some time back, hardened edition, not expecting great things from it but I need something to play.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. Slick

Slick Banned

If you weren't expecting great things, why'd you pre-order and pay extra, rather than find something else, like Fallout New Vegas, to play?

4. Empoleon Bonaparte

Empoleon Bonaparte Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait. There's no zombies in the normal version?

5. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

Most of my friends play CoD, so they persuaded me into pre-ordering it. CoD's just another low-quality shooter for an attention deficit age.

6. Slick

Slick Banned

There are. The Hardened and Prestige versions come with the four W@W maps, while standalone versions do not. Eventually, you'll be able to buy the maps though.
    Black Ops without any extra maps has Kino der Untoten (Cinema of the Undead) and a Pentagon level called "Five" IIRC, which allows you to play as JFK, Nixon, Fidel or some other less important guy.

@Neo Duality: "attention deficit age"
    So these friends of yours...?

7. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

Yeah, I doubt their gaming taste. But CoD doesn't sell millions just 'cause it's "alright", so I decided to try it out.

8. Slick

Slick Banned

If BLOPS turns out like MW2, stick to Search and Destroy, mainly. It cuts out a lot of the ********, I guess.

9. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

I more than likely won't be getting Black Ops (is BLOPS the new thing to call it? ShouldbeCoD7grumble...) but since you invited me to, I'll share my reasons:

1. Kinda have no 360 whatsoever at the moment, in university.

2. Last thing I bought was the Legendary edition of Halo Reach. Spent the last of my "gaming savings" on it and I still have hardly got to play it.

3. Any money I get for gaming is probably going towards next years releases. Got my eye on a portable Snake Eater and a Plasma Cutter.

4. CoD really isn't my thing. I didn't have an Xbox when CoD4 was out and by the time I got accustomed to the average 360 shooter I was already late to the party. I have played some CoD but I'm still at the bottom of the ladder in multiplayer and I don't have time to climb as high as I'd need to in order to enjoy myself (and still get a little ****** off).

That's my reasoning I guess. Though if I did buy Black Ops (dunno if this is a spoiler so avert your eyes fanboys) I'd totally be rocking Nixon in Zombies.

10. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

11. Slick

Slick Banned

I just call it BLOPS because BO is, well, BO.

Ben, I'd say get it, but you know, I'm into COD and stuff.
    Zombies will be sweet.

12. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

i like. it sounds way better.

13. TehLulzMastur

TehLulzMastur Well-Known Member

I have enough optimism to get this game. Why do I say that? Well, World of War didn't change much of the COD4 formula. If Black Ops does the same with Modern Warfare 2, the that will make me feel quite sad indeed.

I hated Modern Warfare 2. But I loved World At War. So, I decided that I'll get Black Ops, hoping that I don't join my first game to find that I'm getting attacked by eight Chopper Gunners, while people are running around with Commando and Tactical Knife.

In short, Black Ops may or may not be good, but I'll get it anyway.

14. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

modern warfare 2 was good. online was just constantly exploited by users and plagued by flamers and whatnot. that's been upsetting alot of people.
    i do hope something's done to decrease that in black ops online. MW2 pretty much proved that the series attract a good amount of assholes.

15. Slick

Slick Banned

Agreed, Modern Warfare 2 was mainly ruined by the community.
    However, we probably shouldn't get into that, and let's remain optimistic about Black Ops.

Anyway, I randomly woke up at 3:36AM, so it's approximately 12 hours until I get my copy, and approximately 12.5 until I can play.
    I'm going to start by finishing campaign asap, because they're generally short and I don't want to be spoiled.
    I'll start on Regular and then this weekend I might go through a Veteran playthrough. I've had less than pleasing experiences when trying to play a game on Veteran firsttime through.

So excited. ;-;

16. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

of course not, we wouldn't want to spoil your christmas mood now would we;)
    it only happens once/twice a year so it's the least i can do for you.

meh, i was this close <--> to get black ops within 3 hours at a midnight sale but my old mom kinda still is in control of me even though i'm 21. it's humiliating.
    (please someone say nobody gives a damn)

17. Slick

Slick Banned

I know I wouldn't be able to go to midnight launch, but even if I could I probably wouldn't. I have an English exam today.

18. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Yes I know... uh... Harrison.

Spoiler - I'm guessing that somewhere during the campaign the soldier you play as will die in a scripted event.

Has anyone seen the new meme thing where people put any music to the Black Ops trailer? This one is the best of what I've seen.

19. Empoleon Bonaparte

Empoleon Bonaparte Well-Known Member

brb making 500 similar videos

Also, I will give each and everyone of you something on Steam if I'm right when I say the playable character won't die. And vice versa.

20. Slick

Slick Banned

I am pretty ****ing sure one character you play as will die.

Also, America **** Yeah + Black Ops trailer is the best.