• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The series has been going downhill since Codmw1.

Surfing_Pikachu

Black Ops seems to be shaping up real well. The new features like theater look spectacular, even if at the end of the day most of them were still bit off of other games, but that's excusable if they pull it off well. I'll probably pick it up around Christmas, although it would kill me to get caught up in a new game again in a school year like this.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I reserved the game but won't pick it up till tomarrow, sombody tell me if online is full of ******* that call everybody F@gots when they get killed. That's the main reason why I don't play as much anymore,13 year old badasses.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
MW2's fail was the communities fault? Mmm, close but no cigar gentlebro. (even though there were plenty of assholes to be had)

hm, overabuse of glitches and flamers were the most common problems in onlineplay but let's hear your story S_P.

use mute function

great success

i mute all players standard and my PMbox proves otherwise>_>
on PSN players can look up the list of users they encountered in online play from the menu, simply find the one you wish to insult and send a untitled message to him telling that he's a n00b*** son of a *****.

i'm pretty sure Xbox users have the same thing.

Slick

Banned
Beat the campaign on Regular within one day. Good story, very good story. I won't give anything away.
Then I went online and did pretty well with the MP5K. Online is good and is IMO, balanced.

My biggest disappointment is that Combat Training requires Gold. This is the biggest flaw of the game. I was really looking forward to playing Combat Training against bots with my little brother, who only has a Silver account. I really hope there's some kind of patch that becomes available.

Empoleon Bonaparte

It's short, but good nevertheless. It took me 9 hours or something on Regular.

And yeah, MP5K is probably the new UMP because it's so damn balanced.

Surfing_Pikachu

My biggest disappointment is that Combat Training requires Gold. This is the biggest flaw of the game. I was really looking forward to playing Combat Training against bots with my little brother, who only has a Silver account. I really hope there's some kind of patch that becomes available.
Really? That sucks, just another gimmick to get people to buy Live. Tsk tsk, typical Microsoft.

hm, overabuse of glitches and flamers were the most common problems in onlineplay but let's hear your story S_P.
If DICE was handling the game, those problems would have been patched in a month tops if they were shipped in the first place. Infinity Ward didn't patch them all in a year.

Slick

Banned
I'm at school, but is that the Floating Apple glitch? I played a match on Villa (that map) this morning and I spawned where it was, so I immediately did it. I lol'd.

It took you 9 hours EB? I got home around 3:40PM, played until 7ish, took a dinner break for about 15 minutes and then continued to play, finishing around 9:10PM. I then played multiplayer for about half an hour.

Oh, and SP, I can have him as a guest, but I was really looking forward to ranking up on Combat Training together. It's ridiculous that we can't, and I really hope there's a patch coming.

ABBREVIATANN NAMESSS

Slick

Banned
It doesn't even adhere to the laws of gravity.

Also, EB, do you mean the MP5K is unbalanced?
It has a fair bit of recoil, meaning it's kinda bad for long range. I enjoy using it as I'm a rusher though. I plan on using it a fair bit, but I'll probably switch weapons around on my first level up. I know I'm going to try out the AK74u once I reach it (Lv. 19 IIRC), and if I like it (which I think I will) I'll main it on my next level up.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

i mute all players standard and my PMbox proves otherwise>_>
on PSN players can look up the list of users they encountered in online play from the menu, simply find the one you wish to insult and send a untitled message to him telling that he's a n00b*** son of a *****.

i'm pretty sure Xbox users have the same thing.
Yeah, and we have a Voice Message thing too.

*Watches video*

Hmm, okay, I wonder what this could be...

*Notices surroundings, then notices objects on table*

Wait, no, it couldn't be.

*Floating Apple*

Oh yes! It is!

I loled when I saw that.

C_L

Empoleon Bonaparte

It doesn't even adhere to the laws of gravity.

Also, EB, do you mean the MP5K is unbalanced?
It has a fair bit of recoil, meaning it's kinda bad for long range. I enjoy using it as I'm a rusher though. I plan on using it a fair bit, but I'll probably switch weapons around on my first level up. I know I'm going to try out the AK74u once I reach it (Lv. 19 IIRC), and if I like it (which I think I will) I'll main it on my next level up.

No, no, no, it IS balanced. Reflex Sight and a silencer and I'm a happy man.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
If DICE was handling the game, those problems would have been patched in a month tops if they were shipped in the first place. Infinity Ward didn't patch them all in a year.

how can you be so sure?
most of the little exploits have been fixed over time but the current main nuisances which are the prestigehackers and killboosters couldn't be fixed.

if either dice or infinityward wanted to stop prestige hackers they have to lock a few features down like making profiles for multiple users which affects a big load of people who use it the normal way.
and if you want to stop boosters from ruining matches you simply have to lock away the tactical insertion which entirely solves the problem but that also has a big effect on gameplay with many dissatisfied players as a result.

either options would have cost alot of money and time and they carry the risk of causing other problems in the gameplay aswell. in theory it doesn't matter who's in charge of fixing it.

Yeah, and we have a Voice Message thing too.

C_L

is there also a way to block any that **** on the 360?

i'm having something strange by the way, in the mission where you have to escape with dr. clarke i'm stuck after sliding off the roof where you can kill 4 enemies in slow mode.
dr clarke isn't with me and i cannot find any exit or anything so i'm stuck on that part since loading a previous checkpoint sends me right back to the part where i'm sliding off the roof. is he supposed to open a door or fence so i can move on?

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
I don't like it. Then again I've never really liked CoD. It's too realistic (and unrealistic at the same time, paradox much?).

D:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
MW2 > BO

if i wanted to get spawn killed i would stayed in MW2 (nuketown gets it the worst)

i also cant camp as well as i did in MW2 which is why i go 12-22 or 22-23 all the time.

Shoulda kept the money and bought kirbys epic yarn and saved the other 10$ for the FO: NV DLC that i heard thier already planning