• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Jerre

Gogoat!
I never see anyone online on my PS3 for CoD. Neither Ghosts nor Battlefield, or... GTAV. And i am now taking a break from CoD. Currently playing some other games...

And i have only the SMR left to make Gold and have all my AR's Diamond. And i'm on Prestige 10 Level 1. xD Then i will be hitting Master Prestige!

I might jump back in later. ;)

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Considering the huge drop in popularity of this thread the last year, I think Ghosts killed COD

for me it died out during the summer with BO2

Mister_SGG

for me it died out during the summer with BO2

Yeah we lost a lot of people during BO2's life I guess. This thread peaked during Mw3's life time unfortunately

Also I was looking at older posts and exactly 100 pages back is this time 2013

Edit: From december 2011 to april 2012 was 100 pages, and from september 2012 to early 2013 was 100 pages, so yeah this thread's popularity has plummeted

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm surprised this thread went over 400 pages. That's quite an accomplishment.

Anyway for PS3/4 and PC users, Onslaught is coming out this Thursday.

Off-topic: BF4's free battlepacks end this week =(

Mister_SGG

Speaking of Onslaught, my brother got the hardened edition of Ghosts therefore he has the Season's Pass.

On a related note, yesterday I was bored so I decided to play Ghosts to get my own opinions on instead of assuming it is bad from what I've heard. Here are my thoughts

When I first got in the game to create my class, I noticed the menus are clunky as sh*t, and I was sitting there awhile trying to figure out how the progression worked and how to get attachments, perks, etc. I figured out the progression system easily enough, but the menus are still really hard to navigate, and honestly I think the way you can have different soldiers is kind of silly. Anyway, when I actually got in a match (the map loading screen takes FOREVER and it took me forever to find matches), I found the movement was really weird. I felt slow and sluggish, and everyone else was moving lightning quick (it was my first match of an MP game in almost a month, to be fair). After a few matches, here are the key things I noticed:

- Guns kill WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast, although aside from that weapons seem balanced
- Some perks are much better than others, again (I don't know why IW didn't do what Treyarch did with Ghost, and don't get me started on Sitrep / dead silence, or whatever they're called)
- Guns still kill too fast
- Campers. Campers everywhere. This game is sooooooo slow paced, it isn't even funny. EVERYONE camps, and you kind of have to. You don't stand a chance if you are caught running and they aren't. The balance issues in the game don't have sh*t on how boring the game is (Assassin not requiring movement certainly is a factor, on top of the fact you can sound***** cross-map). I think I played three or four matches before I got bored and stopped.

All in all, the game's pace is its ultimate downfall, and it is enough that I don't plan on playing this again; certainly not anytime soon.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Speaking of Onslaught, my brother got the hardened edition of Ghosts therefore he has the Season's Pass.

On a related note, yesterday I was bored so I decided to play Ghosts to get my own opinions on instead of assuming it is bad from what I've heard. Here are my thoughts

When I first got in the game to create my class, I noticed the menus are clunky as sh*t, and I was sitting there awhile trying to figure out how the progression worked and how to get attachments, perks, etc. I figured out the progression system easily enough, but the menus are still really hard to navigate, and honestly I think the way you can have different soldiers is kind of silly. Anyway, when I actually got in a match (the map loading screen takes FOREVER and it took me forever to find matches), I found the movement was really weird. I felt slow and sluggish, and everyone else was moving lightning quick (it was my first match of an MP game in almost a month, to be fair). After a few matches, here are the key things I noticed:

- Guns kill WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fast, although aside from that weapons seem balanced
- Some perks are much better than others, again (I don't know why IW didn't do what Treyarch did with Ghost, and don't get me started on Sitrep / dead silence, or whatever they're called)
- Guns still kill too fast
- Campers. Campers everywhere. This game is sooooooo slow paced, it isn't even funny. EVERYONE camps, and you kind of have to. You don't stand a chance if you are caught running and they aren't. The balance issues in the game don't have sh*t on how boring the game is (Assassin not requiring movement certainly is a factor, on top of the fact you can sound***** cross-map). I think I played three or four matches before I got bored and stopped.

All in all, the game's pace is its ultimate downfall, and it is enough that I don't plan on playing this again; certainly not anytime soon.

and people asked why i didnt buy this game.

Mr.Billehh

What system where you playing ghosts on SGG?

Well you aren't going to get ghosts in a day it takes time. I didn't like ghosts the first few weeks then I grew into it and it's enjoyable.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Considering the huge drop in popularity of this thread the last year, I think Ghosts killed COD

Yeah, and I have a feeling that whatever trace of life that CoD has left that wasn't already killed by BF4 will be finished off by Titanfall.

Well, when you reach the last page, it's time to close the book.

Mister_SGG

What system where you playing ghosts on SGG?

Well you aren't going to get ghosts in a day it takes time. I didn't like ghosts the first few weeks then I grew into it and it's enjoyable.

PS3. Playing it on next-gen would do little; the problem is the game's design and player-base, not hardware or even netcode. The hit detection is pretty spot-on.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Yeah, and I have a feeling that whatever trace of life that CoD has left that wasn't already killed by BF4 will be finished off by Titanfall.

how's titanfall since those are the guys who made Cod4? PS3 didn't get it, just the xboxes.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
how's titanfall since those are the guys who made Cod4? PS3 didn't get it, just the xboxes.

Haven't tried it yet, but most people who tried the beta said the game was fantastic.

Honestly, I welcome a new franchise as opposed to seeing rehashes over and over again.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

I think it would of done a lot damage to it if it WAS releasing on the playstations. *sigh*

Will Destiny do some damage as well?

Mister_SGG

Titanfall may very well dominate COD on PC and Xbox systems, but for Playstations jackshit is going to happen.

Much less excited for Destiny compared to Titanfall, but I'm optimistic.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
So BO2 got a patch the other day which fixes security issues, supposedly so that it dosen't end up like WaW. And apoarently there will be some new camos coming out too. I'm assuming Activision knows that Ghosts has been a failure, especially considering more people are playing BO2 than Ghosts.

*IZ*

So I finally downloaded Origins and I got to round 25 the first time because I was playing with the best random ever. That guy had 2,000 kills 0 downs and over 20 revives. He built all the staves and upgraded all of them and even showed me around the map and the basics. I ended up lagging out but damn that guy was crazy good.
Now the map is pretty easy to survive on, only hard part is I don't know where the parts are for anything. :/