• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
The reason I don't play Ghosts anymore is because I'm tired not getting DLC first just like the Xbox. Same thing that's going to happen with this year's CoD.

I was under the impression that because their deal was ending this year or something, Ghosts would be the last CoD game for which the DLC is released first on Xbox. Was that misinformation?

Mister_SGG

I stopped playing Ghosts after 15 minutes because watching grass grow is more exciting

I was under the impression that because their deal was ending this year or something, Ghosts would be the last CoD game for which the DLC is released first on Xbox. Was that misinformation?

BO2 was also supposed to be without this deal. It will keep getting renewed until Activision decides Sony is a more reliable business partner than Microsoft.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
No longer "Modern" but now "Advanced" Seriously? While the trailer looks pretty cool and it has Kevin Spacey which is a plus, I'm not too keen on the overall look and colours of the game judging by the trailer.

But that's just the single player which I don't bother with so I'll be waiting on some multiplayer news

Don't know whether to call the next CoD House of CoDs or Call of Crysis. In all honesty i think generic crap is pretty accurate. Honestly, looking at the trailer, if CoD was trying to promote the Xbox One with that brief display of graphics and gameplay it wasn't that impressive. Might have done a better job of throwing that system under the bus (even though it is rightly where it should be, as the PS4 is superior in practically every category.) Probably the most surprising thing to me is that Sledgehammer is actually going to make another Call of Duty game after the trainwreck that was Modern Warfare 3. But hey, in the end it doesn't matter, people will still blindly buy it because it has the Call of Duty brand name on it.

ThatGuyWithCommonSense

What common sense?
Don't know whether to call the next CoD House of CoDs or Call of Crysis. In all honesty i think generic crap is pretty accurate. Honestly, looking at the trailer, if CoD was trying to promote the Xbox One with that brief display of graphics and gameplay it wasn't that impressive. Might have done a better job of throwing that system under the bus (even though it is rightly where it should be, as the PS4 is superior in practically every category.) Probably the most surprising thing to me is that Sledgehammer is actually going to make another Call of Duty game after the trainwreck that was Modern Warfare 3. But hey, in the end it doesn't matter, people will still blindly buy it because it has the Call of Duty brand name on it.

Let's not go that route, please? Let's not talk about consoles here, when we're talking about CoD.

Plus, don't generalize about people blindly buying it. It's true that there will be some people who will buy it because it's Call of Duty, but not everyone will think that way. Call of Duty is an easy to pick and play sort of game. You might have trouble the first 10 minutes or so, but it gets to be "fun" for those who have it. Besides, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer both worked on it, not just one of them.

Let's not go that route, please? Let's not talk about consoles here, when we're talking about CoD.

Plus, don't generalize about people blindly buying it. It's true that there will be some people who will buy it because it's Call of Duty, but not everyone will think that way. Call of Duty is an easy to pick and play sort of game. You might have trouble the first 10 minutes or so, but it gets to be "fun" for those who have it. Besides, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer both worked on it, not just one of them.
What route? The truthful route?

ThatGuyWithCommonSense

What common sense?
What route? The truthful route?

No, the fanboy/condescending route. There are those who like the Xbox One, no need to put down their choice of console. It's true the PS4 is technically more capable, but this is not the place to discuss that.

Oh and yay to the fact that Microsoft again has the CoD DLC one-month exclusivity.

Last edited:
No, the fanboy/condescending route. There are those who like the Xbox One, no need to put down their choice of console. It's true the PS4 is technically more capable, but this is not the place to discuss that.
Didn't put anyone down for their choice of console. Simply noted in my initial remarks that Call of Duty has desperately tried to promote the Xbox One. And a fanboy? Seriously? I'm not sure you know what a fanboy is. A fanboy is someone who is overly enthusiastic about something. I never stated i was a fan of either console, merely that Call of Duty consistently promotes the Xbox system. And yes, i realize Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer collaborated together on MW3. I was talking in the context of Advanced Warfare, which is confirmed to be developed by Sledgehammer and the Activision subsidiary, High Noon Studios. I think you need to think a little more before you decide to post inane dribble about me and my views, even if they go against what you believe/find appealing.

Mister_SGG

Obviously too early to tell anything, and besides it's just campaign sh*t not anything really important. I will say this; it looks very similar to BO2's time period (there are a lot of Dragonfire-looking-things in that trailer) and very, to quote SH, "ambitious".

Kevin Spacey is awesome, but still won't even consider the game until at least a week after release

ThatGuyWithCommonSense

What common sense?
Didn't put anyone down for their choice of console. Simply noted in my initial remarks that Call of Duty has desperately tried to promote the Xbox One. And a fanboy? Seriously? I'm not sure you know what a fanboy is. A fanboy is someone who is overly enthusiastic about something. I never stated i was a fan of either console, merely that Call of Duty consistently promotes the Xbox system. And yes, i realize Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer collaborated together on MW3. I was talking in the context of Advanced Warfare, which is confirmed to be developed by Sledgehammer and the Activision subsidiary, High Noon Studios. I think you need to think a little more before you decide to post inane dribble about me and my views, even if they go against what you believe/find appealing.

to which is why I added "/condescending". I never claimed you were one. I just added that in as that is pretty much how a fanboy would talk. Again, was never claiming you were one.

You said "CoD was trying to promote the Xbox One with that brief display of graphics and gameplay it wasn't that impressive. Might have done a better job of throwing that system under the bus (even though it is rightly where it should be, as the PS4 is superior in practically every category.)" - that's why I added the fanboy part. It is true that the PS4, again as I've stated, is technically more capable, the way you're stating it comes off as fanboyism or condescending. While you didn't really put down anyone's choice of console, it could be taken as such with the way you said it. Plus, the game's going to look similar across both consoles, really nothing much will be different except maybe some increased texture resolution and lighting effects.

"Probably the most surprising thing to me is that Sledgehammer is actually going to make another Call of Duty game after the trainwreck that was Modern Warfare 3."

Yeah, I know they're making Advanced Warfare (sounds like a mobile game, if you ask me), but that quote made it seem like you were just attacking Sledgehammer alone, even though it was a collaboration.

And whoa, coming off strongly at the last sentence. I never said I was going against you and your views, just wanted you to not have the discussion end up being about console capabilities and such. If you thought that, then I apologize.

Oh and the reason why CoD always promotes Xbox is due to the agreements between Activision and Microsoft over CoD. That one month DLC exclusivity is one of them and I find that annoying.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
From what I saw in the trailer Advance Warfare reminds me of Black Ops 2 to be honest.

Last edited: