• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Mankanshoku Mako

That would make the knife virtually useless. However on that point, the knife should be more useful if you swing for somebody whilst you are behind them.
How can you make it be made more useful if it's already an ohk?
At least Battlfield 3 will not have that problem
That's really only a condolence to the people (like me) who are choosing to purchase Battlefield 3 over Modern Warfare 3.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
BF3 has the best idea for the knife making it a seperate weapon
****,Thunder Toro is beggin Robert Bowling for a perk protecting you from the knife
I still think it should either be your secondary or removed from the game

Mankanshoku Mako

BF3 has the best idea for the knife making it a seperate weapon
****,Thunder Toro is beggin Robert Bowling for a perk protecting you from the knife
I still think it should either be your secondary or removed from the game

The knife will never become the secondary, that would require infinity ward to animate different melee animations for each gun.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
^ yes i know,treyyarch too
i still think it should be outta the game....but maybe there should be a perk that lets you get the knife
cant think of pro...but i think that if you put that with ghost and SoH,itd not be used much

archeopsdan

best suggestion ive heard from a mate was that you can only knife using your secondary weapon or that the range should again be shorter aka no 'i can jump the set of stairs to get you bull' or 'i can survive your shotgun/sniper/claymore and fly into you for you to die'

it would also prevent 'panic knifing'

Shadow XD001

It would be nice to be able to disable knifing in Private Matches, at the very least. That's just so you can have a fair game with your friends and not have to worry about "panic knifing", especially if your playing Quick Scope - No Scopes.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
reaction=i see your point but its impossible for it to be your reaction in mw3...your reaction will become to either let the bullets kill ya or shoot back....or try to stab in desperate vain

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Even though I've died from it a lot, I would miss knifing if it changed. Glitches and overpowered weapons is what makes COD special.

Slick

Banned
reaction=i see your point but its impossible for it to be your reaction in mw3...your reaction will become to either let the bullets kill ya or shoot back....or try to stab in desperate vain
-sigh-
No. In quickscoping matches, a panic knife is a quick reaction when someone is alarmed, making them hit their knife button/key in a panic. Quickscoping matches generally allow no knifing, so often a free kill is given to whoever was killed by a panic knife.

-sigh-
No. In quickscoping matches, a panic knife is a quick reaction when someone is alarmed, making them hit their knife button/key in a panic. Quickscoping matches generally allow no knifing, so often a free kill is given to whoever was killed by a panic knife.

It's not just in quickscoping matches panic knives are about half of my deathes.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
^ I looked at my combat record on BO and i found out that i got killed by knives more times than i had with all other pieces of equipment PUT TOGETHER

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I played Black Ops today after playing MW2 for a while. I tried using a shotgun, and it is a lot easier in MW2. They really nerfed shotguns going into Black Ops.

Prelude

Prelude
Haha. I played BO last night after a few games of MW2 too. My K/D for every game was between 2.5 to 3, and that was with a shotgun. Nerfed or not, they're still good if you actually know how to use them.