• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Ascension is huge, it'll take a couple of games before you're really comfortable and know where everything is, but I have to say it's a blast to play on. Easily better than Five (one of, if not the worst zombie map ever) It's also easy to run in circles there kind of like Kino, but it's just got a space age vibe. I still prefer Kino just because I'm used to it, but Ascension's definitely worth checking out. Just avoid playing with randoms and you should do fine.

Sy123456789

Im a pro
Has anybody just wanted to use something that gives you sense of acomplisment, like a Sniper or Shotgun or Pistol/Ballistic Knife Only?
For me it gives a better sense of challenge and fun into a game which is riddled with AK74us and the Famas, it gives a sense of relief when you use something like that.
So my question is, what is the class you use just to have fun, and not care if you get killed, mine is either:

PSG1 - ACOG
CZ75 - Extended Mags

Semtex
Concussion
Claymore/Camera Spike

Hardline
Sleight of Hand
Hacker/Marathon

or

L96A1 - Variable Zoom
Ballistic Knife

Semtex, Concussion, Claymore

Ghost *
Sleight of Hand/Scout
Hacker

*In my opinion Ghost should only be used on Snipers, they are the only ones really needing it

Mankanshoku Mako

Has anybody just wanted to use something that gives you sense of acomplisment, like a Sniper or Shotgun or Pistol/Ballistic Knife Only?
The ballstic knife is really the only one of those that takes unordinary skill to use effectively
For me it gives a better sense of challenge and fun into a game which is riddled with AK74us and the Famas, it gives a sense of relief when you use something like that.
Way to stroke your ego.
So my question is, what is the class you use just to have fun, and not care if you get killed, mine is either:
I have fun when I'm using effective classes getting me a high K/D and lots of killstreaks, not when spining around in a circle getting raped by other players because I didn't put any thought into my designing my class

PSG1 - ACOG
CZ75 - Extended Mags

Semtex
Concussion
Claymore/Camera Spike

Hardline
Sleight of Hand
Hacker/Marathon

or

L96A1 - Variable Zoom
Ballistic Knife

Semtex, Concussion, Claymore

Ghost *
Sleight of Hand/Scout
Hacker
These are your so called "special classes"? Nice try, how about this for a hard to use class:

Uzi no attachment
china lake

tomahawk, nova gas, tactical insertion

hardline standard
scout standard
tactical mask standard

sam turret, mortar team, valkyrie rockets

Here's something that takes skill to use effectively.

*In my opinion Ghost should only be used on classes that require you stay off the enemies minimap to be effective, as they are the only ones really needing it
fixed.

Crusina

Your In Bad Company
I only use Ballistic knives and tomahawks when I play now anyways...decent with them.

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
If you need a guideline for a bad class setup, just look up Pyrotoz on youtube...he purposely uses terrible classes. I have recently become a fan of the Skorpion w/ suppressor and extended mags, or the silenced Barrett on mw2 :)

Bling and Warlord seem to be the gateway perks for a random class setup. ACOG and silencer? Yes please. Extended mags and rapid fire? go for it lol

Prelude

Prelude
You can't have Extended Mags and Rapid Fire simultaneously, unfortunately.

The "worst" class I've ever tried was just a typical shotgun setup. I still have a 1.92 K/D with the SPAS, which is about .3 higher than my actual average.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Five is massive and easy to get lost in after you turn on the power. Kino is a different matter...

Has anyone heard the awesome song that comes on when you collect all of the rocks in Kino.

The ballstic knife is really the only one of those that takes unordinary skill to use effectively
Sniping is severely gimped in black ops, with hit markers galore and no good sniping spots, I'd say it takes a bit of skill to use effectively. Shotguns aren't as bad, but you have to know good routes and avoid open areas.

Way to stroke your ego.

I have fun when I'm using effective classes getting me a high K/D and lots of killstreaks, not when spining around in a circle getting raped by other players because I didn't put any thought into my designing my class
I agree with him. I've used the famas and ak74u for entire prestiges and had a lot of fun, but I can't use the same guns for 30000 kills like some people I've seen. I challenge myself by slapping an acog on a sniper and running around, or rocking a pm63. Changing up my classes is the only way to keep the game fresh, otherwise it's just too monotonous. And I'm pretty sure he didn't say he tried to make gay sniper montages, although that could be the case.

Mankanshoku Mako

Sniping is severely gimped in black ops, with hit markers galore and no good sniping spots, I'd say it takes a bit of skill to use effectively.
If you camp in really open areas while scoped in (or semi-hidden giving yourself a moment for the scope to steady before firing), have the variable scope, and are careful when placing shots, those problems don't occur.
Shotguns aren't as bad, but you have to know good routes and avoid open areas.
Camp/patrol buildings, you'll almost never be caught outside effective range and the only thing you really have to worry about are other shotguns users and people surprising you from behind.
I agree with him. I've used the famas and ak74u for entire prestiges and had a lot of fun, but I can't use the same guns for 30000 kills like some people I've seen. I challenge myself by slapping an acog on a sniper and running around, or rocking a pm63. Changing up my classes is the only way to keep the game fresh, otherwise it's just too monotonous. And I'm pretty sure he didn't say he tried to make gay sniper montages, although that could be the case.
I don't have a problem with him changing up classes to keep the game interesting, I have a problem with him feeling superior to everyone else simply for being different (despite how he even admits he performs horribly with these classes).

Mark1006

Jesus's rasta friend
8 months ago I never thought I'd say this, but god I hate Black Ops and I'd have MW2 with all it's faults anyday.I just find the multiplayer in Black Ops incredibly boring, there's no excitement to it anymore.Also there's seriously no more room for the run and gun style anymore.

I still think Cod4 and WaW are the two kings.

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
The WaW maps remain my favorite call of duty maps to date. However, the game has little weapon balance...basically you're at a disadvantage if you're not using an automatic weapon (specifically the smg's). I would love to see a future game with Treyarch maps and IW hit detection and weapon stats.

Mankanshoku Mako

basically you're at a disadvantage if you're not using an automatic weapon

Oh yes, the lag and hit detection in Waw makes the semi-auto rifles and handguns downright useless, the bolt-action and shotguns harder to use than it should be, and the smgs and lmgs ungodly overpowered compared to the others because being fully automatic does a great job compensating for said lag and bad hit detection.

Shadow XD001

On Youtube yesterday, I was bored, and I searched my gamer tag on the search bar, and found one video about a guy with Ballistic Knives, and I was one of the people who got knived, but that's not what I'm getting at. The other video was a Private Match I did with my friend, and it was on Nuketown, and we were at the opposite houses, and I shot a China Lake at him for distance, but I didn't know that he was going to shoot me with the Valkyrie Rockets from the opposite side, and they collided! Anyway, the video wasn't uploaded by me (for some reason, I just forgot to), but someone by the name of CODblackopsXBOX, or something like that, and this person also uploaded the File Share Videos of other people. I went on the person's channel, and I think this might be the official channel that uploads people's File Share videos on Youtube. Really strange, though.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I miss stopping power. It stopped the majority of people running Cold Blooded/Camouflage/UAV Jammer. Now you have 4/5 people on the other team in most games, not ever coming up on the radar unless they shoot. I mean, why use Ghost if you aren't being stealthy?

RIP Spy Plane, you were always the most useful killstreak in my opinion.

Slick

Banned
I miss stopping power. It stopped the majority of people running Cold Blooded/Camouflage/UAV Jammer. Now you have 4/5 people on the other team in most games, not ever coming up on the radar unless they shoot. I mean, why use Ghost if you aren't being stealthy?

I miss stopping power for that reason, but say good riddance because it was, well, stopping power.
I used Cold Blooded anyway. Stealth was my thing, to a degree.

Mankanshoku Mako

RIP Spy Plane, you were always the most useful killstreak in my opinion.

If you want to stop people from abusing ghost, bring back both stopping power and juggernaut. Those perks would continue fighting for most-used perk and ghost will fall on the backburner.

Rezzo

Occasionally
If you want to stop people from abusing ghost, bring back both stopping power and juggernaut. Those perks would continue fighting for most-used perk and ghost will fall on the backburner.

This is why COD4/WAW were better standalone; the perk layout. I never honestly had too much of a problem dealing with Juggernaut unless I was sniping. The only real people who complained about it were the ones who boasted Stopping Power on every class and had a tantrum when it took 1 more bullet than usual to kill them.

The perk layout in Black Ops is weird. Ghost really has no contests with the likes of Flak Jacket/Lightweight, and I suppose Scavenger and Hardline are useful on other occasions, but overall not as useful as Ghost which can only be countered with a Blackbird.

aggronFTW

The perk layout in Black Ops is weird. Ghost really has no contests with the likes of Flak Jacket/Lightweight, and I suppose Scavenger and Hardline are useful on other occasions, but overall not as useful as Ghost which can only be countered with a Blackbird.

Really? flak jackets probably my favorite tier 1 perk, it's so useful for things like capping/ defending flags or defending bomb sites, lightweights good too for rushing and surprising enemies. I never really used ghost because of the reputation it's picked up. You tend to find less ghost campers if you play domination or demolition though, at least that's what I've noticed compared to TDM.