• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, i love those domination games where you came back and win the game by one point, especially when the other team has been talking crap to you

Slick

Banned
yeah, i love those domination games where you came back and win the game by one point, especially when the other team has been talking crap to you
How can the other team be talking crap to you when you can't actually talk to the other team, excluding pre-game lobbies?

quilt

Watch Me Rise
Especially when idiots are talking crap about idiots talking crap.

S&D or TDM for me.
I barely play otherwise unless I need perks pro.

Mankanshoku Mako

Well I was throwing myself at that B flag on WMD to begin the match and for most of the match I had to capture flags for my team. The other team won by a point. I'm good at capturing flags?

I always get crappy teams when playing objective games. I seriously have only won one headquarters game in all of black ops because my teams are always imcompetent(to be expeced I guess given there weapons loadouts lead me to believe they're all ghost campers out of their element). While the enemy has people with smg's and flak jacket tackling objectives while people with M60's and flak jacket guard them in strategical positions, while when my teams capturing and objective we get pelted by grenade launcher and semtex, while everyone crowds around the objective a looking in the same direction with ghost, a motion senser, and a silenced assault rifle wondering why we're getting raped. *sigh*

I also played some mw2 recently and have come to suspect the holographic glitch on the fal and m16a4 were fixed in post-black ops patch. Can anyone help confirm/deny this?

Surfing_Pikachu

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Anyone seen the new map pack for black ops? The Shangri-la easter egg looks seriously epic. :)

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
I'll be playing annihilation multiplayer tonight. Send a message to xMrSaturdayx if you need some teammates. I play the objective and get lots of blackbirds.

Shadow XD001

Don't have Annihilation, since I'm on vacation. Might get it when I come back, although I only have about 850ish MB left on my Xbox (it's the 4GB Slim), but I might be able to get a USB Flash Drive thingy that holds 8GB, but hopefully I'll get a hard drive soon. I also might be able to get a 1600 Micro$oft Points Card (800 Gamertag; Don't know about the other 800). Guess I'll just double-check on how much money I have. I swear if Shangri-La turns out like Call of The Dead.... (I don't care about the MP Maps)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, i'm getting annihilation on the weekend and did you guys already hear that there is going to be a new map pack already! the maps are going to be

Mansion: set in Castro’s secret compound in Cuba.
Cargo: set in an frozen shipping center in Greenland.
Metro: set in an urban city in Vietnam.
Harbor: set in an abandoned shipyard in America

And the Zombies map Quarantine, set in Area 51.

Mankanshoku Mako

Played some Der Riese.
Got a hellhound round at round 15.
Final hellhound of the round spawns.
Final hellhound jumps in the air to attack me.
Final hellhound is killed in mid-air by PAP'd Double Barrel.
Final hellhound's corpse is suspended in mid-air.
Max ammo is suspended above that hellhound's corpse, so high up that I had to jump to obtain it.
I lol'd.

Shadow XD001

Played some Der Riese.
Got a hellhound round at round 15.
Final hellhound of the round spawns.
Final hellhound jumps in the air to attack me.
Final hellhound is killed in mid-air by PAP'd Double Barrel.
Final hellhound's corpse is suspended in mid-air.
Max ammo is suspended above that hellhound's corpse, so high up that I had to jump to obtain it.
I lol'd.

Haha, at least you got the Max Ammo. I remember when I played on Ascension with some of my friends, and we were in the room that the box first appears and a zombie died before it jumped down (hard to explain, but you should know what I'm talking about), and there was a nuke up where it died that we couldn't get. lol

EDIT: Also, when I was playing on Kino Der Toten there was a hellhound round, and the hellhound died, but it's body was still standing. It was pretty weird, but having the hellhound in midair like it was for you is definitely strange. Mostly because the Max Ammo appeared above the floating corpse.

Last edited:
Haha, at least you got the Max Ammo. I remember when I played on Ascension with some of my friends, and we were in the room that the box first appears and a zombie died before it jumped down (hard to explain, but you should know what I'm talking about), and there was a nuke up where it died that we couldn't get. lol

EDIT: Also, when I was playing on Kino Der Toten there was a hellhound round, and the hellhound died, but it's body was still standing. It was pretty weird, but having the hellhound in midair like it was for you is definitely strange. Mostly because the Max Ammo appeared above the floating corpse.

The Kino thing is actually really common especially if you use the Thundergun on the dogs.

Surfing_Pikachu

Mansion: set in Castro’s secret compound in Cuba.
Cargo: set in an frozen shipping center in Greenland.
Metro: set in an urban city in Vietnam.
Harbor: set in an abandoned shipyard in America

And the Zombies map Quarantine, set in Area 51.
A fourth map pack? Jeebus, that would make the price of all the DLCs add up to a full $60 game. That's ridiculous!

golduck#1

Another map pack. Jesus! All the map packs have been kinda ifish about. The last one, Annihilation, I have been very disappointed with. I still haven't played the sniper map yet, but the other 3 have been very disappointing to say the least. The map pack with Zoo and Convoy is ****. The only map I like from that is Convoy and thats because it is clear and you can see easier. While the first map pack has been the best, no one seems to like it that much.

If only there was a way to disable the map packs you have already got..

Mankanshoku Mako

Blue Ralt's epic mapack review board

First Strike
Berlin Wall-Rather bland, the red zones in the center of the map may as well just be blocked off because of how much trouble it it to cross it alive.
Stadium-Solid map all around, no complaints
Kowloon-Utter trash. Campers and snipers are hiding everywhere on this map, spawns are crap, and the maps gimmic (the zipline) never can be used effectively because of what your limited to doing while using it.
Discovery-See Berlin Wall, replacing "red zone" with "destructible bridges" and "be blocked off" with "be like any other object in the game-nondestructible".
Ascension-Best zombie map of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Escalation
Zoo-This video is the only thing I can use to convoy my feelings on Zoo.
Convoy, I wish they would've made it harder to camp the walkways overseeing the road. Ignoring that, this map is with little doubt the best thing on escalation
Hotel-See zoo. There both campfests, with insufficent visual protection while moving about, and have objectives placed in the most awful positions.
Stockpile-Best map for objective play in the whole game. Otherwise bland (ZOMG teh stage gimmic actually get's used11!1).
Call of the Dead-George Romero miniboss, uneccisarly large in size, awful placement of the juggernog machine, boring character sayings. IR dissapoint after acsension, but at least it's better than Five.

Final verdict: Neither of these is worth 15$ and other (two?) probably won't be either. Save your cash, or better yet, return this awful campfest of a game.

Budew

Banned
Blue Ralt's epic mapack review board

First Strike
Berlin Wall-Rather bland, the red zones in the center of the map may as well just be blocked off because of how much trouble it it to cross it alive.
Stadium-Solid map all around, no complaints
Kowloon-Utter trash. Campers and snipers are hiding everywhere on this map, spawns are crap, and the maps gimmic (the zipline) never can be used effectively because of what your limited to doing while using it.
Discovery-See Berlin Wall, replacing "red zone" with "destructible bridges" and "be blocked off" with "be like any other object in the game-nondestructible".
Ascension-Best zombie map of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Escalation
Zoo-This video is the only thing I can use to convoy my feelings on Zoo.
Convoy, I wish they would've made it harder to camp the walkways overseeing the road. Ignoring that, this map is with little doubt the best thing on escalation
Hotel-See zoo. There both campfests, with insufficent visual protection while moving about, and have objectives placed in the most awful positions.
Stockpile-Best map for objective play in the whole game. Otherwise bland (ZOMG teh stage gimmic actually get's used11!1).
Call of the Dead-George Romero miniboss, uneccisarly large in size, awful placement of the juggernog machine, boring character sayings. IR dissapoint after acsension, but at least it's better than Five.

Final verdict: Neither of these is worth 15$ and other (two?) probably won't be either. Save your cash, or better yet, return this awful campfest of a game.

I want to see how many people care