• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
What do you think they should do about weapon balance in mw3? It seems as though there is a split between the way snipers and shotguns play especially. To me, I wouldn't mind mw2-esque shotties if they were a primary weapon. As for snipers, I can't speak knowledgably since I rarely use them. If they can emulate the feel of CoD4 snipers, that would make me the happiest I think. Quickscoping should be possible, but not encouaged as opposed to using the gun as intended.

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
I'm not referring to the damage glitch, just the way the regular scoped snipers act. My main point is that I don't want to see the use of snipers disappear entirely. I can't tell you the last time I saw a player with a sniper who wasn't doing 360's.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Didn't get it because its the same call of duty just with different maps and weapons.

Mankanshoku Mako

I'm not referring to the damage glitch, just the way the regular scoped snipers act. My main point is that I don't want to see the use of snipers disappear entirely. I can't tell you the last time I saw a player with a sniper who wasn't doing 360's.

No amount of nerfing will stop the unwanted use of sniper rifles, that's just how it is. As sad as it may be, most codplayers don't want to sit down somewhere and use sniper rifles as they're ment to(not that they could in BO anyway because of the maps but I digress), they don't have the paitience for that kind of thing. They want youtube clips that they can brag about and despite how it's not regarded as difficult or amazing anymore since everyone is doing it, quickscoping, no-scoping or whatever the fuck the other trickshots are provide that. I personally just want sniper rifle and the "snipers" removed from the game entirely since no matter what's done "snipers" are still going to think of trickshots as the way you're supposed to use the weapons and proper sniping as a tactic for noobs.

Shadow XD001

Simia

Gengeon
removing the snipers would kill the game for me =/
I am not one for trickshots but I really like the snipers...

0_o What?! So there really is a fourth map pack? Woah. At least it comes with some extra stuff like a moon theme and soundtrack.

Wait... there are five levels to this map pack and the first four are revised versions of the W@W Zombie Maps and then the new "Moon" Zombies Map? I'm confused. D:

*$15 leaves my wallet*

The first four maps are the ones included in the Hardened edition so yes. Then you get the Moon map, which is going to be for the last part of Richtofen's plan if you follow the storyline. Plus you get the theme and the soundtrack.

Shadow XD001

The first four maps are the ones included in the Hardened edition so yes. Then you get the Moon map, which is going to be for the last part of Richtofen's plan if you follow the storyline. Plus you get the theme and the soundtrack.

Oh, okay. So this map pack is like the last 3 where it comes with the MP Maps and a Zombies Map (in this case, the Moon Map), right? The soundtrack seems pretty cool.

Oh, okay. So this map pack is like the last 3 where it comes with the MP Maps and a Zombies Map (in this case, the Moon Map), right? The soundtrack seems pretty cool.

No, this map pack is zombies only, it contains Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese, and the Moon map. No MP maps at all.

Slick

Banned
**** you Treyarch. First you don't release Zombie maps separately, then you release one big map pack with four Zombie maps I already had because I shelled out a little extra cash for the game.
And the soundtrack? How's that going to get on my PC?

Just, **** you Call of Duty series. **** you.

EDIT: "The four "remastered" maps were previously included with the Hardened and Prestige releases -- if you already have one of those, the rest of this content will be free. Otherwise, it's the standard 1200 MS Points/$15. It'll be easy to acquire, too, according to One of Swords: " the short version is you'll be able to go into your Download History and re-download the classic pack you already own, and the fresh download will include the new Moon map. And you'll also get the soundtrack and theme, too."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-resurrection-dlc-coming-this-quarter/

I love you Treyarch.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever

Surfing_Pikachu

It's official. All the DLC in this game costs the price of an entirely new game.

fire_man

BurnUDown
[IMG139]http://i52.*******.com/2nb9h94.png[/IMG139]

Welcome gentlemen and 12 year olds, to the new and improved Call of Duty thread. Here, we shall talk about the prestigious Call of Duty series, as well as Modern Warfare 2, perhaps. Due to the "successful" Modern Warfare 2 thread and the new but old Black Ops thread, a general thread is probably the best idea. Ya deeegg?

Now, on with the discussion. This thread has been made a day before the release of Black Ops, which I am personally very excited about. I have pre-ordered the Hardened Edition, mainly for the Zombie maps, but also because it costs the same as the standalone game, here in Australia ($120AUD, which is $120+USD, if you were mildly interested). So to kick things off, are you getting Black Ops, and if so what version? And if not, how come?

Oh and Derek, "because it will suck" is not a valid reason.

I am sure this is late but I just got Black ops today and I am super excited....

any tips anyone?

Slick

Banned
Just terrific. I had been wanting the old zombie maps for ages and decided to buy the prestige edition to do so. Now this is getting released...AARRGHHH!!!
The moon map is a bit late but good, just very, very, very annoyed by Treyarch's timing.

Read my post numbskull.

Also, fire_man, a good tip would be not to quote a large post from the first page of a thread.