• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Rezzo

Occasionally
-___________-

It's official. All the DLC in this game costs the price of an entirely new game.

It costs more if you are in the UK, albeit by £1.

Treyarch aren't the suckers though, it's everybody who actually paid the full price for every DLC. Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy the game and you think you managed to get you fair share of gameplay from these map packs, then it's worth it for you. But in my opinion? You just got robbed.

Khybon

Rub My Belly?
I lost my Black OPS and im trying to get all the achivments in MW2 but with no xbox live. So in other words im tryiung to do the last 3 missons by myself

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
Finally I'll be able to play the WaW zombie maps with a party, so I'm glad they finally released them outside of the hardened/prestige editions. While I may miss the addition of MP maps, I haven't been impressed by the ones so far. A zombie map pack is the one thing treyarch can never mess up

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
**** you Treyarch. First you don't release Zombie maps separately, then you release one big map pack with four Zombie maps I already had because I shelled out a little extra cash for the game.
And the soundtrack? How's that going to get on my PC?

Just, **** you Call of Duty series. **** you.

EDIT: "The four "remastered" maps were previously included with the Hardened and Prestige releases -- if you already have one of those, the rest of this content will be free. Otherwise, it's the standard 1200 MS Points/$15. It'll be easy to acquire, too, according to One of Swords: " the short version is you'll be able to go into your Download History and re-download the classic pack you already own, and the fresh download will include the new Moon map. And you'll also get the soundtrack and theme, too."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-resurrection-dlc-coming-this-quarter/

I love you Treyarch.

Still a rip-off if you ask me. The price of the hardened/prestiged editions were £60-£120 and the dlc is the same price as always. I bought the prestiged edition in July thinking that because map pack 3 was done and therer was only three in waw, there wouldn't be anymore. But Treyarch are still ripping us off. The only good side to this is that there will be more people to play the original maps with.

EDIT: And I did read your post "Numbskull"

Slick

Banned
Still a rip-off if you ask me. The price of the hardened/prestiged editions were £60-£120 and the dlc is the same price as always. I bought the prestiged edition in July thinking that because map pack 3 was done and therer was only three in waw, there wouldn't be anymore. But Treyarch are still ripping us off. The only good side to this is that there will be more people to play the original maps with.
You're an idiot.
People who got the Prestige and Hardened Editions and redeemed their zombie pack will get Moon, the dashboard theme and the soundtrack for free. Also, the fourth map pack was already leaked in July. Maybe you should've researched more about your purchase.
Then again, if had you done so, you would've realized that for the most part, Black Ops is a steaming pile of ****.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
You're right.
People who got the Prestige and Hardened Editions and redeemed their zombie pack will get Moon, the dashboard theme and the soundtrack for free. Also, the fourth map pack was already leaked in July. Maybe you should've researched more about your purchase.
Then again, if had you done so, you would've realized that for the most part, Black Ops is a steaming pile of ****.

Ok, don't really care about dashboard theme, it is the equivalent of the medal in the collectors editions of black ops. The soundtrack? I have all the maps and access to youtube so don't need that either (Unless I can play it randomly during matches on zombies, then I am interested). If it was leaked in July, fair enough, I should have researched it though I had originally thought that because three map packs were done, there would be no more and the chances of a entire zombie pack were slim due to the popularity of multiplayer. If you think Black Ops is " a steaming pile of ****", how come you know so much about this? And for the record, I thought it is quite good, certainly better than all of the modern warfare games:The story is better, the zombie mode is definetly better than spec ops and survival mode put together and the multiplayer is terrible and does feel realistic in any way. Enough of the harsh comments, I was just making conversation and angry before due to being ripped off by Treyarch.

Ok, don't really care about dashboard theme, it is the equivalent of the medal in the collectors editions of black ops. The soundtrack? I have all the maps and access to youtube so don't need that either (Unless I can play it randomly during matches on zombies, then I am interested). If it was leaked in July, fair enough, I should have researched it though I had originally thought that because three map packs were done, there would be no more and the chances of a entire zombie pack were slim due to the popularity of multiplayer. If you think Black Ops is " a steaming pile of ****", how come you know so much about this? And for the record, I thought it is quite good, certainly better than all of the modern warfare games:The story is better, the zombie mode is definetly better than spec ops and survival mode put together and the multiplayer is terrible and does feel realistic in any way. Enough of the harsh comments, I was just making conversation and angry before due to being ripped off by Treyarch.

The only thing Treyarch games have going for it is Zombies, Infinity Ward beats it in MP because CoD4 is so much fun and is actually gun on gun.

MrSaturday

Awesome Trainer
Everybody has their own preferences I suppose, but I'm more of a fan of treyarch weapons. I find that there is a greater variety of gun choice (not to mention that the assault rifles have recoil).
I've said it before- if IW would give the post release support that black ops received, then mw3 will be epic. If not then I predict it will be another source of aggrivation for CoD players.

Mister_SGG

Today I found out that the four WaW maps are included in Rezurrection... I was almost in tears I was so happy. Zombies is the only thing that made Black Ops worth buying, otherwise I play MW2. Now that I'll have every zombies map, I'll be all good with Zombies until the next Treyarch game comes out.

Shadow XD001

Today I found out that the four WaW maps are included in Rezurrection... I was almost in tears I was so happy. Zombies is the only thing that made Black Ops worth buying, otherwise I play MW2. Now that I'll have every zombies map, I'll be all good with Zombies until the next Treyarch game comes out.

Yeah, but let's not forget that since you'll have all the map packs than that would mean that you would have a whopping 11 Zombies Maps in Black Ops. You might be good even way past the next Treyarch game. (eventhough it won't be for a while)

Also, when I was at my friend's house yesterday he was deleting some stuff from his hard drive and on the Black Ops section it showed the Title Updates and stuff as well as the map packs except it said Retaliation instead of saying Escalation. Weird.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I just started doing Black Ops multiplayer again today, after about 7 months of not playing it. I have one question.

Why is it so difficult to kill someone?

Mankanshoku Mako

I just started doing Black Ops multiplayer again today, after about 7 months of not playing it. I have one question.

Why is it so difficult to kill someone?

Well there's a lot of reasons for that, you see.
1.Enemies hide using silencers, ghost, ninja and motion sensors
2.This game's hit detection is poor
3.This game is laggy
4.Enemies use only the best weapons to avoid giving themselves a challenge, this means they'll stay noobs for all eternity
5.All guns in the game are unrealisticly weak
6.Treyarch added to option to put clown makeup on your soldiers face to appeal to icp fans and dumbasses in general rather than make useful aditions to the game.

Slick

Banned
Ok, don't really care about dashboard theme, it is the equivalent of the medal in the collectors editions of black ops.
Nobody cares about the dashboard theme. It's just there as thanks.

The soundtrack? I have all the maps and access to youtube so don't need that either (Unless I can play it randomly during matches on zombies, then I am interested).
People who are interested in having the soundtrack on their computers/MP3 players benefit from this.

If it was leaked in July, fair enough, I should have researched it though I had originally thought that because three map packs were done, there would be no more and the chances of a entire zombie pack were slim due to the popularity of multiplayer.
You made it seem like you have the pack already. Can you confirm this? Because if you do, I can't understand why you're complaining, you're getting Moon and the extra padding for free. If you don't have the pack, I still can't understand why you're complaining, you're going to be getting everything in the pack for $15/1200M$P.

If you think Black Ops is " a steaming pile of ****", how come you know so much about this?
Because it's an addictive steaming pile of ****. Call of Duty is like crack.

And for the record, I thought it is quite good,
What record is there?

certainly better than all of the modern warfare games:The story is better,
Hardly. While Modern Warfare 2's story was an Michael Bay-inspired explosion fest, it had moments of simply "**** yeah" that were great at the time. Also, Call of Duty 4's campaign is the absolute pinnacle of all Call of Duty campaigns.

the zombie mode is definetly better than spec ops and survival mode put together
Better than Spec Ops, yes, but have you even played Modern Warfare 3's Survival mode yet? Without investing significant time in it, you cannot judge.

and the multiplayer is terrible and does feel realistic in any way.
Regenerating health.
Golden camoflauge.
Pulling a rocket launcher off your back quickly.
PERKS.
No loss of limbs during Multiplayer.
Call of Duty, in general, is not realistic.

Enough of the harsh comments, I was just making conversation and angry before due to being ripped off by Treyarch.
How are Treyarch ripping you off? Surely you didn't buy straight from them. Surely they did come up to you, held you at gunpoint and forced you to buy Black Ops.

Read the bold.

Mankanshoku Mako

Slick said:
and the multiplayer is terrible and does feel realistic in any way.
Regenerating health.
Golden camoflauge.
Pulling a rocket launcher off your back quickly.
PERKS.
No loss of limbs during Multiplayer.
Call of Duty, in general, is not realistic.
I would like to add FUCKING CLOWN MAKEUP JESUS CHRIST WHAT WERE THEY THINKING TREYARCH IS FULL OF JUGGALOS EVERYTHING SUDDENLY MAKES SENSE.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I thought Black Ops was the best call of duty today. The multiplayer felt more realistic than the mw series multiplayer. The Modern warfare series multiplayer seems too fast and advanced.
The story, multiplayer, zombies and the terminal is what makes black ops beat modern warfare 2.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I thought Black Ops was the best call of duty today. The multiplayer felt more realistic than the mw series multiplayer. The Modern warfare series multiplayer seems too fast and advanced.
The story, multiplayer, zombies and the terminal is what makes black ops beat modern warfare 2.

Call of Duty is not meant to be realistic or a war simulator in any way.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Call of Duty is not meant to be realistic or a war simulator in any way.

Of course not, that is why some call of duty's are based on history and shows players what life was like in the time and place the game was set. It is in a realistic tone and setting for that time of history so the players can know it is accurate. Then games like Fallout and the modern warfare series are set in the future and are not realistic and can be based on anything as the future hasn't come yet. It is realistic and can be a war simulator to some people. Some people made articles as how real war was nothing like call of duty and say that they used that as training. Some even say they found call of duty realistic, managed to master it and learn it then go to war and do well.