• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

Cometk

west side
an-94 isn't even that good. reppin m8a1 till i die

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
What exactly isn't good about the AN-94? It is certainly one of the better assault rifles in the game.

golduck#1

I can't believe I use to like the SVU sniper. Trying to get gold is pretty hard for someone that can barely kill someone at all. I got like 6 headshots giving me the OSOK medals so I was pretty stoked, thought I was going good but apparently not, 29/250 :(. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I can't believe I use to like the SVU sniper. Trying to get gold is pretty hard for someone that can barely kill someone at all. I got like 6 headshots giving me the OSOK medals so I was pretty stoked, thought I was going good but apparently not, 29/250 :(. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

play hardcore. every shot is a One hit

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?

Yeah, hardcore. It's awesome.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Eurgh, never realised how much I disliked the SMR with no attachments or perk as I'm finding this gun horrible and not fun at all. I usually don't mind single fire weapons as liked the FAL pre-patch (never touched it after the first patch) but this is horrible, why oh why does the Assault rifle category have so many awful weapons.

*IZ*

Eurgh, never realised how much I disliked the SMR with no attachments or perk as I'm finding this gun horrible and not fun at all. I usually don't mind single fire weapons as liked the FAL pre-patch (never touched it after the first patch) but this is horrible, why oh why does the Assault rifle category have so many awful weapons.

Because idiots st Treyarch patch the decent ARs for no reason.

Mr.Billehh

The only good guns are the mtar, an-94, type 95, and full auto M8A1 and FAL.

Treyarch needs to leave alone the good guns and buff the bad ones such as: SMR, m27, and many others.

Last edited:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
ARs aren't bad. It's just map design. The environments are perfect for SMGs in BO2. But the slower firing ones like the MSMC or PDW. It was similar to BO1's 74u being the OP smg. The DLC maps are a little more AR friendly, but not by much. I hope the next map pack or two (or three...lol) have more maps like BO1 (#FiringRange2025). The other thing is, the ARs are balanced, it's just that people are used to the SMGs not being as good as the ARs (besides a select few) same with Snipers and LMGs and Shotguns and Pistols. The BO1 pistols sucked besides like 2. The MP5k and 74u were good. The stoner was ok but the LMgs were pretty bad. I prefered the old snipers, but they were weak tbh. Shotguns were mostly bad. ARs were the go-to guns back then. Now that the other stuff doesn't suck, people think that comparitively, the ARs are bad when it's the opposite. The other gun classes were buffed to balance out the ARs. I mean, how many people used the stakeout in BO1? The thing sucked. The remington is weaker than the Spas-12 in MW2, but back then everything was OP with stopping power so it wasn't considered as OP (even though it was lol) as people hate on the remington for being. The executioner is probably as good as some of the older shotguns. The idea of OP versus not is mostly psychological. Human beings are so good at seeing patterns that they see them when they arent there (coincidences). Because the other guns are balanced, we assume that the good ol' reliable Assault Rifle is weaker because the other guns can now compete. If the maps were more like the BO1 maps, ARs would still be considered to be nerfed, but SMGs wouldn't be considered as OP as they are thought to be. Actually, the same thing applies for SMGs. They were weak, so they got balanced out in this game and everyone thinks they are really strong due to their being weaker before. It's all a comparison. Something is bad in comparison to something else/the old games. Don't assume things are bad because of how the in-game world is mapped out or through past experience. BO2 is it's own game unlike MW2.5 and repeating BO1 would have made us hate it as much as the cut-and-paste game IW last conned us into buying. long post, ik but it's annoying me how people keep saying stuff is OP when it's for the most part balancing.

*cue the "OMFG REMINGTON IZ OVERPOWEEERD U NOOB STFU GET GOOD TROLOL" posts*

Mr.Billehh

ARs aren't bad. It's just map design. The environments are perfect for SMGs in BO2. But the slower firing ones like the MSMC or PDW. It was similar to BO1's 74u being the OP smg. The DLC maps are a little more AR friendly, but not by much. I hope the next map pack or two (or three...lol) have more maps like BO1 (#FiringRange2025). The other thing is, the ARs are balanced, it's just that people are used to the SMGs not being as good as the ARs (besides a select few) same with Snipers and LMGs and Shotguns and Pistols. The BO1 pistols sucked besides like 2. The MP5k and 74u were good. The stoner was ok but the LMgs were pretty bad. I prefered the old snipers, but they were weak tbh. Shotguns were mostly bad. ARs were the go-to guns back then. Now that the other stuff doesn't suck, people think that comparitively, the ARs are bad when it's the opposite. The other gun classes were buffed to balance out the ARs. I mean, how many people used the stakeout in BO1? The thing sucked. The remington is weaker than the Spas-12 in MW2, but back then everything was OP with stopping power so it wasn't considered as OP (even though it was lol) as people hate on the remington for being. The executioner is probably as good as some of the older shotguns. The idea of OP versus not is mostly psychological. Human beings are so good at seeing patterns that they see them when they arent there (coincidences). Because the other guns are balanced, we assume that the good ol' reliable Assault Rifle is weaker because the other guns can now compete. If the maps were more like the BO1 maps, ARs would still be considered to be nerfed, but SMGs wouldn't be considered as OP as they are thought to be. Actually, the same thing applies for SMGs. They were weak, so they got balanced out in this game and everyone thinks they are really strong due to their being weaker before. It's all a comparison. Something is bad in comparison to something else/the old games. Don't assume things are bad because of how the in-game world is mapped out or through past experience. BO2 is it's own game unlike MW2.5 and repeating BO1 would have made us hate it as much as the cut-and-paste game IW last conned us into buying. long post, ik but it's annoying me how people keep saying stuff is OP when it's for the most part balancing.

*cue the "OMFG REMINGTON IZ OVERPOWEEERD U NOOB STFU GET GOOD TROLOL" posts*

I truly don't care about the Remington, KSG is where the money is especially in hardcore. The maps are very much made for SMGs not ARs and occasionally shotguns. Tons of CQC.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I truly don't care about the Remington, KSG is where the money is especially in hardcore. The maps are very much made for SMGs not ARs and occasionally shotguns. Tons of CQC.

Sorry, what? The KSG is good in any playlist, so why would it be particularly good in hardcore over everything else? The Remington would be better in Hardcore, or even the S12 over the KSG.

Mr.Billehh

Sorry, what? The KSG is good in any playlist, so why would it be particularly good in hardcore over everything else? The Remington would be better in Hardcore, or even the S12 over the KSG.

The kill range on that sexy thing goodness. Because I really could care less about the other shotguns. KSG is my shotgun of choice.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
the reason is that two or three pellets at most usually yields a one hit kill in hardcore. A ksg needs to be accurate, but hipfire a s-12 and you can get consistent one hits if you don't bum rush people like an idiot.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I just want to say that it's extremely difficult to find a good game of Zombies. Whenever I try, I'm put into a lobby with either 2 or 3 people who are AFK, or they're people with mics who are like "GTFO you have no mic". It's a pain. Then to find someone who knows what they're doing is even more difficult. Ugh.

Mr.Billehh

I just want to say that it's extremely difficult to find a good game of Zombies. Whenever I try, I'm put into a lobby with either 2 or 3 people who are AFK, or they're people with mics who are like "GTFO you have no mic". It's a pain. Then to find someone who knows what they're doing is even more difficult. Ugh.

Haha yep. You either get stuck with total noobs or ignorant assholes.

Hmm was thinking about them bringing back all the retro (I guess that's you would call it) all the cool famous black ops camos such as tiger, red, ice and maybe a few other fan favorites. What camos would you like to see in black ops 2, from the first black ops? Another really, really cool camo they should do is a PaPd camo as well that would be sick.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Another really, really cool camo they should do is a PaPd camo as well that would be sick.

After thinking about it for about a second, you're completely right. They need guns with that awesome pattern on them NOW. I would pay $1 if I had to for that.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
it's not gonna be mw4. cod 4 modern warfare and cod modern warfare 4 sound too similar. Not gonna happen. CoD: Ghosts is plausible though.