• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So cod ghosts is starting to get better slowly and slowly. Good news no quickscoping like before.

Thank God, hate quickscopers. And then people rage at me when I use a sniper properly. Quickscopers and squeakers are the reason I hate sniping, just would much rather use smg's or assault riffles or even lmg's which get no love lol
Only exception has to be Ballista Iron Sights. Love that thing xD

*IZ*

lol so true. could you imagine how bad this game would be if it was just mp?

I think MW3 pulled it off (probably because of the fun gamemodes), but no way in hell would BO2 be able to pull it off.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
So cod ghosts is starting to get better slowly and slowly. Good news no quickscoping like before.

I am interested to see how sniping will play out in Ghosts with the removal of quickscoping. As I said before, Call of Duty is a fast paced, reaction-based game, which means that it would be very hard to hardscope AND play effectively. Unless Ghosts drastically changes the game dynamics (which I doubt, considering that Call of Duty is a relatively static series), then sniping is going to suck.

Also, I can't believe how many people are saying that they are so happy that quickscoping is gone. I won't try to defend quickscoping as I attempted to before since very few people understand, but I am sure that once Ghosts come out, people will be whining and complaining just as much as they did in every other Call of Duty game.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
My entire issue with sniping is this: People dislike campers, so they criticize anyone who uses a sniper (the way it's meant to be used, as a support weapon if I'm correct) while sitting in a room. To prevent this, they make it so you have to move to make Ghost work, they add the Target Finder and MMS, and make every area of every map have multiple entrances and removing long range areas. All of this makes it very difficult to use Snipers effectively, so Quick-Scoping was developed to counter this progressive weakening of Snipers. This method allowed Snipers to run around the map like the other players and remain effective while still using the weapon they like.

However, people don't like being quick-scoped by a Sniper, saying things like "It's unrealistic", "It's uncounterable", "It takes no skill", etc. As the games progress, more and more actions will be taken to prevent quick-scoping (more and more Close-Quarters maps and removing aim-assist), leaving Snipers in a really bad spot. You can't use a Sniper the way it's meant to be used (again, to support your team from a distance) because of map design and game design, and you can't quick-scope because they've made it impossible to do so (as well as the rage of the majority against the play method). It's stupid.

Played a Free for all earlier today and got destroyed like always, I got 2 kills and 16 deaths. That's the last time I'm playing FFA

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
And that's one of the many reasons WHY I don't play CoD much anymore... Other than teammates not doing the objective... From what I've seen in the past 2 games (might be 3) is it's nothing but hype in pre-release that turns into a broken game 2 months later. Unplayable due to lag, endless campers, terrible spawns, same engine, OP weapons, same everything except guns and maps along with a few new features. BO2 is broken, which is why I don't play it anymore. But you can still play it, that's fine with me.

Onto yet another topic... Who else but me thinks KDR should be removed from the game as it proves nothing? SPM is superior to KDR I prefer it because if you got a higher SPM, it really proves your skills for the most part. I bet if KDR was removed people would start to do the objective than kill ***** in Demolition or Domination.

Last edited:

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
And that's one of the many reasons WHY I don't play CoD much anymore... Other than teammates not doing the objective... From what I've seen in the past 2 games (might be 3) is it's nothing but hype in pre-release that turns into a broken game 2 months later. Unplayable due to lag, endless campers, terrible spawns, same engine, OP weapons, same everything except guns and maps along with a few new features. BO2 is broken, which is why I don't play it anymore. But you can still play it, that's fine with me.

Onto yet another topic... Who else but me thinks KDR should be removed from the game as it proves nothing? SPM is superior to KDR I prefer it because if you got a higher SPM, it really proves your skills for the most part. I bet if KDR was removed people would start to do the objective than kill ***** in Demolition or Domination.

Good Idea, although some would argue SPM is the same as KDR, when it's not, I would rather have someone with 350 SPM and 0.98 KDR than someone with 10.00KDR and 50 SPM, since the only way to raise SPM is by actually doing objective stuff such as planting/defusing, capturing/defending, rather than being a bad a(ss) on the losing team with an epic amount of kills but did not contribute to the objective.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
hey so apparently there's a rumor of a final camo dlc coming out this month or next. If this is true what are your guys' thoughts?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
hey so apparently there's a rumor of a final camo dlc coming out this month or next. If this is true what are your guys' thoughts?
Well paladin(consoles), comics(everything), and dragon(PC) still need to be released.

I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten about those camos.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
I believe those camos won't be released, since they weren't chosen.

@AJ, I think they were saying that the last one was the last camo pack (though I could see them lying about that just to get in that last bit of money).

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I believe those camos won't be released, since they weren't chosen.

@AJ, I think they were saying that the last one was the last camo pack (though I could see them lying about that just to get in that last bit of money).

i wouldn't put it past them to make a last one for more money

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
What's the deal with the names for the zombie maps? For instance, the recent map is named "Origins" based on the poster. While in the menu (the one where it shows you the Earth) it is named "Dig Site". At the same time, they call it "Excavation Site 64" if you are in the lobby or browsing through the leaderboards as well.

ThisIsPatrick

Just went 16-0 on Searchy earlier this morning ;D (Thank you Fal Dsw). I got all my streaks which is great.... then again isn't it always -_-

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
What's the deal with the names for the zombie maps? For instance, the recent map is named "Origins" based on the poster. While in the menu (the one where it shows you the Earth) it is named "Dig Site". At the same time, they call it "Excavation Site 64" if you are in the lobby or browsing through the leaderboards as well.

I believe Excavation Site 64 (and Great Leap Forward, and Green Run, and the other ones on the globe) are the map names. I can't remember what the actual official name is for the "Dig Site" and other ones that are the next step, but finally Die Rise, Origins, Mob of the Dead, Tranzit, Survival, Grief, Turned and the other ones are the "game mode". Weird, I know, but that's how it works. Everyone still just uses the "game mode" as the map name anyway, since who plays Turned/Grief/Survival? Other than Nuketown.

*IZ*

I believe Excavation Site 64 (and Great Leap Forward, and Green Run, and the other ones on the globe) are the map names. I can't remember what the actual official name is for the "Dig Site" and other ones that are the next step, but finally Die Rise, Origins, Mob of the Dead, Tranzit, Survival, Grief, Turned and the other ones are the "game mode". Weird, I know, but that's how it works. Everyone still just uses the "game mode" as the map name anyway, since who plays Turned/Grief/Survival? Other than Nuketown.

Grief is fun, though. :(

Mister_SGG

[ACE] Zero;16373360 said:
Don't worry bud, I hate FFA as well. My Forte is Demollition :)

I love the simplicity and idea of FFA, but people generally play like total dbags and some of the game's less forgiving mechanics really stand out.

Also if anybody cares about my opinions on Ghosts' supposed lack of qsing here are my thoughts: you can't just not have quickscoping in a COD game. People will still try to do it, regardless of how difficult it is. If it becomes significantly 'harder' then congrats Infinity Ward on making your game slightly better. I'm wagering it will still be a ******** and completely rage inducing game regardless, so.

Last edited: