• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I feel bad because I didn't get the reference :(
It's not an easy one, but if you get it, you seriously deserve a cookie
Hey AJ, did you get the new DBZ game?
Beta sucked and compared to the older dbz games it played like crap so i didn't get it. Graphics/customization was meh but not worth buying.

Out of curiosity, who else here did not purchase Ghosts? I know a bunch of us were saying we wouldn't and some of us did. I haven't, but I'm curious to see who else didn't this year. And if you didn't buy it, would you consider getting the next cod? If it's only next gen? (trying to make this thread active again :/)

Mister_SGG

Like I've said before, I'll keep pre-ordering Treyarch's games until I'm disappointed by one. With BO2, I didn't like for awhile, but around the end of summer I loved it again. Therefore, I have no reason to expect disappointment from their future titles

The other two COD developers, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer, have done nothing to impress me since COD4. As a result: I won't buy any CODs from them and Ghosts is no exception

Genos

The Indigo Disk

Beta sucked and compared to the older dbz games it played like crap so i didn't get it. Graphics/customization was meh but not worth buying.

Out of curiosity, who else here did not purchase Ghosts? I know a bunch of us were saying we wouldn't and some of us did. I haven't, but I'm curious to see who else didn't this year. And if you didn't buy it, would you consider getting the next cod? If it's only next gen? (trying to make this thread active again :/)
I know I bought it(ashamed). But I'm quite disappointed the things they did to Ghosts.

The number one is removing theater mode. It's a shame they remove a feature that was well used by the community. Though I'm also not surprised they remove it due the lack of theater mode they handled in MW3.

Hopefully Treyarch brings it back in the next COD. I had some good/funny moments in Ghosts but I can't see them again because of IW's half-brain on their game development.

It's quite sad because Anoj's top 10 series is halted because of no submissions were submitted due to you know what.

Argh I don't know if I want to buy the new dlc because I only want the extinction map. =( also dat new Ghosts MP lobby music, meh.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I think I'm done with CoD. I kind of regret buying Ghosts, but I can't say it was a total waste of money, as I did get a few hours of fun out of it, although it was not without its performance problems. I'll admit, I was one of those people that started with CoD 4 and really enjoyed it, and I can say I enjoyed MWII and Black Ops, but I can see how things have begun to go downhill from there.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I think I'm done with CoD. I kind of regret buying Ghosts, but I can't say it was a total waste of money, as I did get a few hours of fun out of it, although it was not without its performance problems. I'll admit, I was one of those people that started with CoD 4 and really enjoyed it, and I can say I enjoyed MWII and Black Ops, but I can see how things have begun to go downhill from there.
Don't worry, BO3 will sure change things up! *unsure face*

@SGG: It was me -_- thought I was going to get a fast answer. But nope 22 hours has passed. dangit AJ

Off topic: It's battlefield 4's player appreciation month! Free battlepacks!

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
What was the question? I didn't get to see it :(
"you're gonna want to go back to the magic that started it all and recapture the spark that got you into it." Anyone know this quote? I'm trying to answer a friend's question.

Sorry but I removed it. Obviously YA failed me. ='(

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Don't worry, BO3 will sure change things up! *unsure face*

@SGG: It was me -_- thought I was going to get a fast answer. But nope 22 hours has passed. dangit AJ

Off topic: It's battlefield 4's player appreciation month! Free battlepacks!

Yeah, sorry, but no BO3 or MW4 for me. I'll admit, I thought Ghosts was going to be a hit and I thought it would still be carrying the franchise quite well, but I was wrong there. I wouldn't make the same mistake twice, I think this franchise is heading toward retirement.

And I'll admit, BF4 has totally won me over. At first, I thought blowing up the Strikezone map with a KEM Strike was impressive in Ghosts, and then I saw what happens when you blow up the skyscraper in Siege of Shanghai. I would way, way sooner recommend BF4 to someone over Ghosts.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮

What was the question? I didn't get to see it :(

"you're gonna want to go back to the magic that started it all and recapture the spark that got you into it." Anyone know this quote? I'm trying to answer a friend's question.

Sorry but I removed it. Obviously YA failed me. ='(

I find this hilarious. Anyway did the IW team make any more unfulfilled promises this time? Like "we'll fix the spawns" or "the lag will be addressed" and then they would go on not to do anything?

Mister_SGG

Even Zombies? BO2 Zombies? Really?

Really

The only map I didn't enjoy was Mob of the Dead, and that was partly because
a) none of my friends liked BO2 by the time it came out so I had nobody to play it with
b) I have a history of technical errors with this map. I've made two ultra serious attempts solo, and right when I had everything you possibly can (perks, Spork, Redeemer, etc.) game froze, both times. Then there are the sound bugs, crashes, etc. making it a less-than-great-experience.

Mr.Billehh

The next gen is alright for ghosts better than ps3 in my opinion. Treyarch's next game should be good.

Edit: Sledgehammer is confirmed to make the next call of duty game for 2014. Let's see how this will work.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I'll probably only get the next Call of Duty if it gets good reviews/a decent amount of my friends get it and sticks with it. Ghosts is alright for a quick fix when I don't have much time available to me any more these days but it's still a pretty dull game. Black Ops 2 was much more exciting to play than this ever will be.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm interested how SH will do on their first ever CoD. Hopefully they should be different than IW. Well, at least I hope they are.

Treyarch deserves more dev time. And we don't have to worry about IW for the next two years!