• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Call of Duty Thread

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Now, I really hate to say a game will be bad before I know anything about it, but I don't have high hopes for this. While Call of Duty in general is good for mindless fun (and sometimes mindful, don't get me wrong), the last few games have been pretty disappointing.

Mister_SGG

Now, I really hate to say a game will be bad before I know anything about it, but I don't have high hopes for this. While Call of Duty in general is good for mindless fun (and sometimes mindful, don't get me wrong), the last few games have been pretty disappointing.

I'm of the same opinion with Infinity Ward's latest offerings, but don't harp on SH until they actually launch. They might surprise us.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm of the same opinion with Infinity Ward's latest offerings, but don't harp on SH until they actually launch. They might surprise us.

Same here, who knows maybe Sledge Hammer will make a good Call Of Duty. I guess we will see what happens.

I really enjoyed CoD4 and MW2, but MW3 and Ghosts are pretty bad imo.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?

Oh for sure, that's why I haven't given up hope just yet (and why I still won't until the game's been released). Just pointing out my cynicism :)

Oh for sure, that's why I haven't given up hope just yet (and why I still won't until the game's been released). Just pointing out my cynicism :)
I think your cynicism is justified. Just a little hesitant about a game that is being developed by a group headed by Glen Schofeld. I mean, aside from Dead Space (1 only), he really hasn't made that many good games over a span of 20+ years in the business. And from first glance it doesn't really seem like it's going to be that innovative of a game. I mean, you can look at the title of the game itself and see that there wasn't that much thought put into it.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
So Treyarch's been posting a bit more Zombies stuff than usual, and I saw some people saying this might mean they're releasing a new Zombies DLC, what do you guys think the chances are?

Mister_SGG

So Treyarch's been posting a bit more Zombies stuff than usual, and I saw some people saying this might mean they're releasing a new Zombies DLC, what do you guys think the chances are?

I'm fairly certain their contract with Activision only lets them create 4 DLC packs for BO2 (the personalization packs don't fall under this category that's why there have been two since Ghost's release)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
all i wamt from sledgehammer is a fun game without too much bs. while ghosts lacked some bs, it was boring.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I played Zombies again, both o BOI and BOII. I just realized i was realy bad at it. Starting to get a little bit rusty at it. Can't even past the Hellhounds.

One thing i remember is that i played this week with 2 others on Nuketown Zombies. Later, 1 left the game and me and the other guy were the only ones alive. Then we went both down, ending the game. And he said through the mic: "You're really ****!"

btw, i never said something back i just stood there like -_-;. And he left the lobby.

It's good that we got some new camos. I like the UK Punk one. Dead Man's hand is ok too...

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
They are still releasing camos for BO2? Wow. I thought they were done supporting BO2.

3arc was probably forced to release something for BO2 by Activi$ion because Ghosts is bombing

Speaking of the camos the UK flag kicks *** and so does the Afterlife one
Don't think Activision would try to undermine their current go to game. As for the camos, i'm surprised people actually spend the money on those. The same for all the stuff like the character customization, etc..
As for Ghosts "bombing". Before the current DLC i would've definitely agreed. Now after this DLC i'd have to agree 200%. The new maps (with the exception of the Mayan Temple) are some of the worst maps i've ever played on any CoD game with the MW3 map-remake and the bridge map being the worst. As i'm a domination player i've always looked at the maps in terms of their strategic points and i just loathe the MW3 map (dome i think). Basically all you need to is get A and push C and you can just spawn camp the other team into staying inside the main building (B point) for the whole game.

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
3arc was probably forced to release something for BO2 by Activi$ion because Ghosts is bombing

Speaking of the camos the UK flag kicks *** and so does the Afterlife one

Hmm, interesting. I might not get Ghosts after all then. Extinction looked like an enjoyable game type.

Mister_SGG

Don't think Activision would try to undermine their current go to game. As for the camos, i'm surprised people actually spend the money on those. The same for all the stuff like the character customization, etc..

I love some of the cooler camos, but I think the character skins are f*cking stupid. You don't even get to see them...

Hmm, interesting. I might not get Ghosts after all then. Extinction looked like an enjoyable game type.

It's essentially a winnable Survival mode with Aliens.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
yeah the remake of dome in ghosts is booty. for some reason it plays much different than in mw3. although i've only played it a few times at a friend's house.

afterlife is a nice camo.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
So no-one here has played the Invasion maps? Can't really say that's a surprise