• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Calm before the Storm...

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
You guessed it! It's my absolutely, super-fantastic, terrificly-awesome, uber-rank Rain Dance Team! I just posted this team to relieve me of the nagging pain in my head that is forcing to rate all the previous posts that I missed while I wasn't here, but I know that it's near impossible that that'll ever happen, because there are about 50 more threads to rate. I'll try, but I don't think I'll succeed. Enough of that. Hobery ho, let's go! TM(Pendragon, D.J.MacHale) All copyright and publishing under legal contract and may not be available in some subsidiary areas.<---(that sounds so cool!...though I have no idea what that means...)

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm/Timid Nature
Ability: Rain Dish
-Rain Dance
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Giga Drain

My lead. Not a very good lead, in my opinion, but I need it to start the downpour.

Dewgong @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Hydration
-Rest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Safeguard

Now, what we have here is a unique situation. Dewgong is not affected by status conditions when it is raining, therefore, it will wake up automatially after it uses Rest. Its main job is to set up Safeguard to veil the other team members from status conditions.

Manectric @ Damp Rock
Modest/Rash Nature
Ability: Static
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Light Screen
-Toxic

Very novelty. I just wanted to add it on to take advantage of the rain with Thunder.

Castform @ Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
Ability: Forecast
-Thunder
-Weather Ball
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

My special all-out attacker. Found no other use for (her).

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Marvel Scale
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I chose to go with the very popular ResTalk set, only that I chose Dragon Pulse>Ice Beam because I decided I wanted to have more coverage, rather than more type-trumping ability.

Swampert @ Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Torrent
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Curse
-Ice Punch/Avalanche

My tank. I'll teach it Ice Punch once I get Platinum.

Well, there you have it. Not as uber as you hoped, no? Sorry about that...

You guessed it! It's my absolutely, super-fantastic, terrificly-awesome, uber-rank Rain Dance Team! I just posted this team to relieve me of the nagging pain in my head that is forcing to rate all the previous posts that I missed while I wasn't here, but I know that it's near impossible that that'll ever happen, because there are about 50 more threads to rate. I'll try, but I don't think I'll succeed. Enough of that. Hobery ho, let's go! TM(Pendragon, D.J.MacHale) All copyright and publishing under legal contract and may not be available in some subsidiary areas.<---(that sounds so cool!...though I have no idea what that means...)

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm/Timid Nature
-Rain Dance
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Giga Drain/Surf
Consider Surf, as it gets better coverage.
My lead. Not a very good lead, in my opinion, but I need it to start the downpour.

Dewgong @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
-Rest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Safeguard
Fine, I suppose.
Now, what we have here is a unique situation. Dewgong is not affected by status conditions when it is raining, therefore, it will wake up automatially after it uses Rest. Its main job is to set up Safeguard to veil the other team members from status conditions.

Manectric @ Damp Rock
Modest/Rash Nature
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Light Screen
-Toxic
Yes, because with those uber high defenses of 60/60 it can take hits all day. You are using it as a semi-wall, which Manectric is not. Manectric also has very few options, lessened even more because you don't have access to Overheat because of the rain.
Very novelty. I just wanted to add it on to take advantage of the rain with Thunder.

Castform @ Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
-Thunder
-Weather Ball
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
Fine.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Fine,
I chose to go with the very popular ResTalk set, only that I chose Dragon Pulse>Ice Beam because I decided I wanted to have more coverage, rather than more type-trumping ability.

Swampert @ Muscle Band
Impish Nature
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Curse
-Ice Punch/Avalanche
I prefer MixedWallingPert, but I don't remember the exact moves right now.

Well, there you have it. Not as uber as you hoped, no? Sorry about that...It's not that bad, but I'm not good with Rain Dance teams. But a fast Pokemon with a Grass and Fighting move walk all over this team, with only Ludicolo not getting hit super effective, but he can't take a lot of hits.

It's Hobey Ho, theres no r. Get it right >:-| Anyway, Comments/Changes in Bold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy now, Azeem?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
EDIT: Haha, very funny.

Last edited:
^In case anyone couldn't tell, the last part of my post was a joke. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
^In case anyone couldn't tell, the last part of my post was a joke. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.
I edited my post after your clarification.

I was too busy replying to a joke that I forgot to rate him... Silly me. Anyways:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers

Calm/Timid Nature

-Rain Dance

-Leech Seed

-Toxic / Substitute

-Surf / Hydro Pump
Surf and Hydro Pump take advantage of STAB, boosted power in rain, and better coverage. SubSeedLudi works wonders, preventing status while it saps away at the opponents health (how lucky such a thing be...).

Dewgong @ Leftovers

Calm Nature

-Rest

-Surf

-Ice Beam

-Safeguard
Good Job. Calm is also a viable option as it helps her decent SpD.

Manectric @ Damp Rock

Modest

-Rain Dance

-Thunder

-Light Screen

-Toxic
He doesn't have many options, so this set is good, too.

Castform @ Choice Specs

Timid Nature

-Thunder

-Weather Ball

-Energy Ball

-Shadow Ball
Choice Specs will provide more of a boost for his Special Attacks.

Milotic @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

-Surf

-Dragon Pulse

-Rest

-Sleep Talk
Standard Milotic. Good Job.

Swampert @ Muscle Band

Impish Nature

-Waterfall

-Earthquake

-Curse

-Avalanche
This will help greatly as Curse boosts his awesome Atk and Def while increasing the power of Avalanche. Post Platinum should have the previous set you had.

Well, there you have it. Not as uber as you hoped, no? Sorry about that...
Changes, comments, and suggestions in bold.

Last edited:
I don't have any comments on Azeem's suggestions, but I still suggest you adding something to take grasss moves. 4/6 of your pokemon are weak to them, and Dewgong and Swampert are the only ones that can hit back. And Pert will just get outspeeded.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I don't have any comments on Azeem's suggestions, but I still suggest you adding something to take grasss moves. 4/6 of your pokemon are weak to them, and Dewgong and Swampert are the only ones that can hit back. And Pert will just get outspeeded.
It's outsped, not outspeeded.

Anyways, Chaotic Tyrant is right. Add Bronzong or any other steel not part Ground.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Nature:Relaxed
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Light Screen
Reflect

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature:Sassy / Relaxed
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Explosion
Hypnosis

^Hypnosis is a bad idea since it got an accruacy drop in Platinum. I would go with the Dual-Screener set (You really like that set, don't you Azeem?)

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
^Hypnosis is a bad idea since it got an accruacy drop in Platinum. I would go with the Dual-Screener set (You really like that set, don't you Azeem?)
Since it is the crux of my planned BT Team, yes I do...

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
No one picked up on Safeguard on a Hydration Dewgong?

Dewgong@Leftovers/Wet Rock
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Hydration
252 HP, 196 Def, 58 Sp. Def (feel free to play around with the Evs. This just makes it bulkier.)

~Rest
~Toxic
~Rain Dance/Surf
~Ice Beam

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
No one picked up on Safeguard on a Hydration Dewgong?

Dewgong@Leftovers/Wet Rock
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Hydration
252 HP, 196 Def, 58 Sp. Def (feel free to play around with the Evs. This just makes it bulkier.)

~Rest
~Toxic
~Rain Dance/Surf
~Ice Beam
First, it's Damp Rock, not Wet Rock.
Also, Hydration only heals status from the Pokemon with the Ability, so Safeguard would help out the rest of his team from status. But, if you mean that he can just predict status and switch to Dewgong, then you have a point.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
z0mG m4h inventory n4mes b3 scr3w3d up!!!
He can still tell what item I meant >_>
I know how Hydration works. The team benefits more from having Rain Dance than Safeguard floating around.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
z0mG m4h inventory n4mes b3 scr3w3d up!!!
He can still tell what item I meant >_>
I know how Hydration works. The team benefits more from having Rain Dance than Safeguard floating around.
Haha, very funny...

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Oh, well, thanks guys. I wasn't really serious about this team. I just wanted to show the world. I mean, I have the pokemon right now, but I don't think I'd last too long traveling around in the overworld. Thanks for the help though. Hmmm, you know what? I have a question. Would a different Electric-type be better suited for this team? And Chaotic Tyrant, you've given me a very good idea...

I also want to add that I do not take jokes or sarcasm very well...If it's like:"Knock knock. Who's there? I am!" then I would be fine with it, but things that sound pretty harsh, even with clarification makes me feel...sad.

Oh, well, thanks guys. I wasn't really serious about this team. I just wanted to show the world. I mean, I have the pokemon right now, but I don't think I'd last too long traveling around in the overworld. Thanks for the help though. Hmmm, you know what? I have a question. Would a different Electric-type be better suited for this team? And Chaotic Tyrant, you've given me a very good idea...

I also want to add that I do not take jokes or sarcasm very well...If it's like:"Knock knock. Who's there? I am!" then I would be fine with it, but things that sound pretty harsh, even with clarification makes me feel...sad.

?

How did I do that...? Also, if you ever don't want to type my entire name out, you can just call me Tyrant.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
?

How did I do that...? Also, if you ever don't want to type my entire name out, you can just call me Tyrant.

I never knew what a semi-wall was. Now I have an idea of what it is, I'll get a bulky pokemon and put the moves I put on Manectric on it. I'll try to make a better team.

arceus03

If you don't mind ubers, Kyogre can save you a lot of switching ins and outs.. And saves the usage of Damp Rock too..

If you don't mind ubers, Kyogre can save you a lot of switching ins and outs.. And saves the usage of Damp Rock too..

Yes, but then if he goes against other Ubers, his old Pokemon would be rather bad for the team. They're all to frail against other Ubers, so he could either keep the team as it is, or add Kyogre and having to completely Revamp his team.