• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The camera angle of overworld in pokemon switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixpercentsalt

The main line Pokémon games have been top down.

Could we see a Final Fantasy VII style camera ( you can go somewhat top down, or have a more 3d esk camera)
Could we be getting a full 360 camera?

What do you guys think?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was thinking of an adjustable 360 camera using the right joystick and options to change perspective between top-down and player view.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've always imagined a hi-definition remake of Generation V where the player has a third person camera that can be moved by one of the analogue sticks, looking up to see the sky-high skyscrapers of castelia city that reach so high you can see the top or maybe taking a photo at one of the massive bridges when boats kept moving back and forth.

MewsTruck

I was thinking of an adjustable 360 camera using the right joystick and options to change perspective between top-down and player view.
I was thinking samething. Would only make sense, i mean being on a console rather than the 3ds. Time to step up their game...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was thinking samething. Would only make sense, i mean being on a console rather than the 3ds. Time to step up their game...
Even though the New 3DS had a mini Circle Pad on the right and the 3DS and the 3DS XL had a right Circle Pad accessory although Game Freak most likely didn't think it was necessary because not all 3DS owners would bother having an additional Circle Pad accessory. Nevertheless, I would like to take the view of the player character because it puts the player in the deeper perspective of the player and we get a heightened sense of exploration.

MewsTruck

Yes, it seems they put some effort into some kind of change towards the camera starting in gen 5 which is a good step. I wouldn't be worried about it releasing on switch with the same top down view. My only fear overall is the fact they seem to be afraid of change, i understand if its not broke dont fix it, but wanting to keep something fresh sometimes require change. I feel alot of the fan base grew with pokemon obviously so then i feel they should grow up with us aswell

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yes, it seems they put some effort into some kind of change towards the camera starting in gen 5 which is a good step. I wouldn't be worried about it releasing on switch with the same top down view. My only fear overall is the fact they seem to be afraid of change, i understand if its not broke dont fix it, but wanting to keep something fresh sometimes require change. I feel alot of the fan base grew with pokemon obviously so then i feel they should grow up with us aswell
By changing camera angles, I can see that they can have more freedom to change the places where doors open so that means there won't be as much front-facing doors and there could as well be more side-facing and back-facing doors.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I don't think they're afraid of change at this point. Gen 7 made proof of that when they got rid of gyms.

I think they are just used to incorporating change at a very slow pace. Diamond and Pearl were the first games to have 3D graphics, and they were released in 2006. It took another ten years before we actually got a fully rendered 3D game, with Sun and Moon. This is how Game Freak has always been with change, baby steps. Hopefully, they move passed this and learn to take a few leaps. I mean, come on. What could possibly go wrong with adding camera controls to a main series Pokémon game?

MewsTruck

I don't think they're afraid of change at this point. Gen 7 made proof of that when they got rid of gyms.

I think they are just used to incorporating change at a very slow pace. Diamond and Pearl were the first games to have 3D graphics, and they were released in 2006. It took another ten years before we actually got a fully rendered 3D game, with Sun and Moon. This is how Game Freak has always been with change, baby steps. Hopefully, they move passed this and learn to take a few leaps. I mean, come on. What could possibly go wrong with adding camera controls to a main series Pokémon game?
Aaaah very true good point. And who knows, camera angles can make a very big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.