• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Caption Contest - Can it get any more new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Pikalax: I fell in to a poisoned ring of frog! I went down down down, and the punches they went higher. And it hurts hurts hurts! The ring of frog, the ring of frog.
D911: -_-;
Pikalax: What?
---------
Ace Trainer: Aren't you just a cutest little thing? *stroking the Pikachu*
Psyduck: *rips off Pikachu disguise*
Ace Trainer: A Psyduck?
Psyduck: *puts on fendora*
Ace Trainer: Perry the Psyduck?!

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Pikalax: I fell in to a poisoned ring of frog! I went down down down, and the punches they went higher. And it hurts hurts hurts! The ring of frog, the ring of frog.
D911: -_-;
Pikalax: What?
---------
Ace Trainer: Aren't you just a cutest little thing? *stroking the Pikachu*
Psyduck: *rips off Pikachu disguise*
Ace Trainer: A Psyduck?
Psyduck: *puts on fendora*
Ace Trainer: Perry the Psyduck?!
LittleKuriboh said:
BAKURA: The Ouija board is about to spell out something so evil, so foul, that they had to censor it twice to get it past standards and practices! Now it just says "final."
YAMI: What did it say before?
BAKURA: Disney!

And with that, on with the captioning!

WhenCroagunkAttack.png

Hiker: Ain't no long arduous mountain hike worth this pitiful sight.
Deoxys: Tell me about it. I had to cancel my rendezvous on Pluto just to organize this event.
~~~~
Fat guy: It seems that as I progress through the generations, I gain about twenty pounds.
Black belt: It seems that as I progress through the generations, I lose about twenty pounds.
Hiker: It seems that as I progress through the generations, I lose about twenty IQ points.
Nurse Joy: It seems that as I progress through the generations, I gain about twenty percent efficiency.
Deoxys911: It seems that as I progress through the generations, I see the same things over and over again. It's grown tedious, to tell the truth.

growlithe_master

<-- Ain't it cute?
Croagunk: Gweh-heh-heh! We're going to eat you Pikalax!
Pikalax: Oh yeah? Well take this... screw the rules i have money, my voice gives me super strength, Brooklyn rage, Mai's boobs...

1000 Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged Seires references later...

Croagunk: No! Please! Please stop! I can't take anymore references!
Pikalax: Shut up Mokuba, gay-dar, Zombie Boy, IN AMERICA!

darkguizaum

Reborn From guizaum
Toxicroak and Croagunk: Ugh... do we need to stay in this pose for how long?
Pikalax: Shut up and do it!

Hiker: C'mon! Only 92479479144144768719475 shots left!

Phailsafe

Like a Boss!
After the Dallas Croagunks lost 34 to 3, they needed somebody to take thier anger out on.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
All of the Croagunks: Brock's breeding has gone too far!

pikalax

Caption Roll - Lady Gaga Parody

Croagunk 1: So, Pikalax, your captioning days are over. Our Poison Jabs will blast you into next year, and by then there'll be no more Caption Contest.
Pikalax: What makes you so sure?
Croagunk 4: Please. Don't you know that everyone gets a life eventually?
Pikalax: As long as there are people who have no life, there'll be a Caption Contest.
Croagunk 14: And what makes you think that there'll always be someone who has no life?
Pikalax: Well, I'm glad you asked. *music starts playing*
Croagunk 3: Okay... Where's that music coming from?
Dun-dun-dun-dun...​
Croagunk 1: Please don't tell me you're going to sing.
Dun-dun-dun-dun...​
Croagunk 6: My Poison Jab doesn't work in a musical situation!
Dun-dun-dun-dun...
Dun-dun-dun-dun...

(Dun-dun-dun-dun)
I wanna caption like they do on Serebii
Pikalax, cybermew, w00t-two-one, Longchu, Parasol Lady (I love it!)
LittleKuriboh gives me jokes forevermore,
But there are those who think my references are such a bore. (Screw it!)

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
You'll be surprised, when I win first prize.
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
You'll be surprised, when I win first prize.

Can't do the, can't do the,
No they can't do the Caption Roll.
(Waldo's hiding, gotta find him)
Can't do the, can't do the,
No they can't do the Caption Roll.
(Waldo's hiding, gotta find him)

Ca-ca-ca-caption roll, ca-ca-caption roll.
(Dun-dun-dun-dun)
Ca-ca-ca-caption roll, ca-ca-caption roll.
(Dun-dun-dun-dun)​

Croagunk 1: ... That's it?
Pikalax: For now.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^_^ Welcome back, Caption Contest! Nice to see that D911 is back in business!

It would help if you were actually representable in some recognizable way. Same goes for Kutie Pie.

*feeling loved somewhat*

A character with glasses would be nice. Ooh, ooh, how about a Pikachu with glasses?

;025; - >:/ Insulting me again, eh KP?

^_^; Yeah. A female glasses-wearing Pikachu would be nice. But I personally don't care how I'm protrayed.

WhenCroagunkAttack.png

Croagunk disguise: ur doin it wrong

*~*~*

After losing the previous caption contest to Pikalax's mighty ego, the Croagunk Mafia cornered Pikalax and demanded his ego and also a vow to stop quoting LittleKuriboh and give other people a better chance to win. Unfortunately, everyone knows that Pikalax wouldn't take heed. D911 started a booth to place bets on Pikalax' funeral date. Though unknown to him, gambling the life of a person, or even a Pokémon hybrid for that matter, is illegal. And with Pikalax being in the minority group, D911 is pretty much screwed.

*~*~*

Chansey: I'm BORED. When's the action going to start?

Nurse Joy: Shush. I'm trying to hear what they're saying.

Chansey: Why should we? Pikalax became a celebrity overnight doing perfect impressinos of LittleKuriboh and those are his fans.

Nurse Joy: BROOKLYN RAGE!

Chansey: ._. Not you, too.

Nurse Joy: Hey, waiting for patients is painstakingly dull. I needed something to pass the time.

Chansey: Is that why our computer is so slow? Because of the viruses and spyware that came on it?

Nurse Joy: ^_^; Yeah... I'll get around to fixing it. Someday.

Chansey: >:/ *thinks* I knew I should've studied better in Nursing School.

Last edited:

pikalax

The sweat drop is on vacation. You'll have to use your imaginations.
Pikalax: Yup, I'm pretty much screwed.
~~~~
Pikalax: Look, I'm not really a god. I'm just an experiment gone horribly wrong.
Croagunk Priest: Which is why we must sacrifice you to the Great Gunk.
Other Croagunk: Uba Ona Uhahaha, Uba Ona Uhahaha, ...

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Pikalax: Eesh... You wait ages for a rare pokemon to appear, then 30 all turn up at once.
---
Luigi: Heh heh... No one can see through my disguise!
---
Rock: Somewhere in this picture, there is a cryptic clue on how to evolve Zoroark! Can you find it?
---
Chansey: I sat on my car keys... Ouch.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Pikalax: I'm here to save my friends' souls. They have been consumed by a great evil, and I intend to rid them of it.
Chansey: Good luck with that chucklenuts! I've been om-nom-nomming on their soulds for a good three seasons now, and I happen to like the taste. MMMM, that's good soul.
Croagunk: I don't believe in any of this. You wanna know what I believe in? Pokemon battles and lots of them. So put up your best pokemon, because you're going down, Mountain Dew style.
Pikalax: You may not believe Croagunk, but by the end of this fight you will know that there is an even greater power at work here, a power that threatens the very fabric of our existence.
Croagunk: I'm not interested in your fairy tales! Uness they involve unicorns. I like unicorns.
Brock: Me too!
Croagunk: *Brings up poison jab* shut up!
Pikalax: We are all of us part of an online phenomenon known as "The Caption Contest" created by a user on Serebiiforums who is now not part of said contest.
Croagunk: That's interesting and all, but that's enough Abridged series references. *uses poison Jab on Pikalax* Quickly let's throw him into the huge Gyarados lake just off picture

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
well, I joined in on the bandwagon and created my own wiki as well.....Here it is.

And to keep this from being SPAM...Good luck to everyone that has entered into the contest.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I would create a page for myself, but I'm probably not awesome enough.

By the way, do we have a record of every winner of the caption conest and the captions that they won with? Because I'd like to see that.

cybermew

A la lune!
We have, from Contest 4 previous. Tbh, it pretty much goes like this

woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
Star bloke
woot
woot
woot
cybermew
woot
woot
woot
woot
woot
cybermew

Yeah, the one that I won was my first contest actually. Was rather cool.

I'm going to use the feature in this thread, however.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Well, this thread is still in its early days, so we could start an archive of victories now, while there's next to no backlog.

We could host it on that wiki, if we can trust it not to be destroyed, or the first page, or something.

Edit: I've just checked the first page and we have one, but it could be more detailed. I can do it for a while if you want. Like this:

Contests:
1. Image - Judging
pikalax said:
D911: Finally, a thread large enough to fit my ego!
2nd Place: CyberBlastoise - Most Creative: HookShot - Most Random: Plat. Frontier

Rankings:
pikalax: 1st place: 1 - 2nd place: 0 - Most Creative: 0 - Most Random: 0
CyberBlastoise: 1st place: 0 - 2nd place: 1 - Most Creative: 0 - Most Random: 0
HookShot: 1st place: 0 - 2nd place: 0 - Most Creative: 1 - Most Random: 0
Plat. Frontier: 1st place: 0 - 2nd place: 0 - Most Creative: 0 - Most Random: 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.