• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Caption Contest - Can it get any more new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
So, who's going to take my place, I wonder? Anyone have any ideas? Just throwing that out there... Oh! What do you know? Other people talking about the same topic! And other stuff! Do you know what that means? Reply time! Alright! Let's-a go:
That's depressing... this is one of the few active threads I'm subscribed to...
You know, your loyalty really means a lot to me. Thanks for sticking around this long, through thick and thin! Long live the VampirateMace! And all of the other faithful captioners, too!
Suppose I could try, but we already saw how my photo caption thread went....
It's OK. You know, it's really a shame that that never took off. I liked it, especially since I had a good picture I had planned of submitting for use! But, these things can't really be controlled. You'd be surprised how much hard work it really is to keep a good Caption Contest thread up and running! If you decide to take your chances with it, I have a feeling you might do pretty good, though! You seem to have the right motivation for the role, after all, being loyal to this thread all this time!
This would be a caption... if Mace was not a mindless Meowth drone who can't think...
Man, that's genius! Why didn't I think of that? hate it when captioners come up with more creative/funny ideas for my own pictures than I do, after they're already done! But oh well, it's still a lot of fun to read these things like this! I'll surely miss that part!
Aw, now I feel guilty. I've just been watching from afar recently.
I wondered why you had not been around, lately! I was really starting to worry that maybe I was becoming really bad at this, if you even left! He who was kind enough to loan me use of his sprites and characters for my crazy Caption Contest pictures! If I lost you from here, too, I must really be doing something wrong, I'd think!
Fortunately, as a british citizen I know the 2nd of the 18th doesn't exist, and you are just bluffing.
Ah, yes, you caught me! My American wit is no match for your British intellect! I feel so ashamed to have been caught in an embarrassingly shallow sham like this! Please forgive my laziness in hiding the truth!
I'm sure if we can't actually find one permeanant artist, we could have a collaborative rota, taking turns.
Yes, me too! I think that sounds like a very good idea! You have a gift, I believe, and it is well-suited just for this type of thing! I tink you would make a great Caption Artist!
Surfer Treecko is clinically insane, so I'm sure he'd be good at this.
Yes, that is pretty much one of the basic qualifications!
maybe I could replace this one if that's ok with you
Well, I don't know. I'd say you'll have to take that up with the other candidates that want the position. Who knows, maybe you could be one of the joint owners/Co-Artists of the new thread! Just try and discuss it if you are truly interested, and let your ideas and opinions be heard. That's all I can say, really.

Anyway, contest closed! Here's our results for this year's first contest:
1P.png

First Place:
Giovanni: INSPECTION! Lyra: INFILTRATION! Slowbro: EVOLUTION! D911: CANCELLATION! End! Over! Done! Rocket Grunt: What a stick in the mud... No one even got to yell OBJECTION!
2P.png

Second Place:
Giovanni: D911 was an awesome guy. He was a true artist. Thats why he'dWANTEDMETOFIREMAHLAZAH!!!!! Grunt: What the hell! He's already done this in the other caption! Me: Yes everyone. I have defied the laws of the squiggly line.
MC.png

Most Creative:
Rattata: I love you.
Rocket Grunt: *steps back*
Rattata: No, I really do love you.
Rocket Grunt: *Panicky*
*steps back more hastily*
Rattata: I really really do.
Rocket Grunt: *Turns to run away*
Text Box: Couldn't run.
MR3.png

Most Random:
Persian: What are you waiting for Giovanni? Start shooting! Giovanni: NO! I must wait for that UFO!
Congratulations, winners (and those who finished this entire post)! Here's our next, new picture:
ImGonnaNeedSomeBackup.png

This contest ends on January 15, 2011. Now get captioning before Lucas realizes he's not playing on a DSi!

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Galactic Grunt: Give up your Pokétch, punk!
Lucas: Why should I?
Galactic Grunt: You're just a little kid with little stupid Pokémon, so we can easily beat you with our epic epic Pokémon!
Lucas: Oh really? Regigigas, use Hyper Beam and throw these idiots into the sky!
Galactic Grunt: But you'd get hit too, wouldn't you?
Lucas: That's why I have a built-in forcefield on my Pokétch!
Galactic Grunt: Aw sh-AHHHHH,
All Galactic Grunts: Team Galactic's blasting off again!
Team Rocket(offscreen)Hey, why do people always steal our lines!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deoxys911: The end is near...
Student Guy: What! The Great Prophet has said the end is near! Savor your last days on Earth!
Deoxys911: Wha-since when was I a prop-
Guy with hat: You've always been a prop, Deoxys!
Deoxys911: YOU DIDN'T LET ME FINISH, YOU IDIOTS. I meant the end is near for the sale at the Pokémart! Jeez!
Student Guy: Hang Deoxys911 for lying and impersonating the Great Prophet!
Deoxys911: Floaroma Town never had a prophet!
Guy with hat: That's what all impersonators say!
Deoxys911: Ah, forget this crap, I'm getting out of this mad town!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Lucas: What are you guys waiting for?
Grunt: We figured that if triple battles came out in 5th gen, it's only about a decade until sextuple battles. Then we will fight you.
Lucas: My Pokemon know Surf and Earthquake. I'll still defeat your hoards of bidoof. Can't you spend that decade getting and training decent Pokemon?

HookShot

Shiny get!
Poke Mart: As the only building without a Pokemon on the roof, I must say I'm feeling somewhat left out.
House: Shut it, Marty.
Pokemon Center: Just be happy you're not painted this gaudy orange. Ungrateful little...
-------------
Lucas: HELP!!
Regigigas: Unfortunately, my good man, requesting that you receive assistance in the section of the world known as Sinnoh, is against society's generally accepted code of conduct.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Growlith: We will catch you D-911!

D-911: Never! *summons abunch of pokemon and random people*

Team Galactic: Lucas, save us! *huddles arround him*

Lucas: -goo- Look at all these pokemon!

Skymin: Quick, D-911 is getting away!

The Trainer with the electric pokemon: Okay, we catch the jolteon and scram, got it?

Meganium: Do I help lucas or catch D-911....

Munchlax: *trying to eat ThatGuy*

Eeveelutions: Quick me must find our brother!

Regigigas: Wasn't I Prof.Oak?

Mushroom4

OMGWTFBBQ.
Lucas: Pshaw. Of course I'm not playing a DSi. I'm playing a DSiXL.
Grunt: Ooh, D911 just got served, in a bowl, with a spoon.
---------------------------
Lt. Surge: Now, as my new minions Pokemon, seize the boy. Rob the PokeMart. Devour that Regigigas. WHOLE.
Luxio: But, you stole us from Volkner and Wattson, we're no-
Lt. Surge: Silence, peasant! Now, SEIZE THE BOY!
Luxio: Nu. U MAD?
---------------------------
Kamikaze divebomber: K'chaw! *EXPLOSION*
Narrator: Only D911 survived.
D911: 'Cuz I'm special and can travel through time, go to a Martian motel during the explosion. Watch it on HDTV. Eat some comfort food. Yeah.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Lucas: I love my watch. The best part is watching the makigarp flip over and over and over........
Team Galatic: Grab him!
*lucas looks up*
Lucas: What NOOOOO leave my magikarp alone. It only flipped you off. Leave it alone!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Munchlax: FOOD... FOOD....
Kid: Help.... PLZ!!!
Munchlax: FOOD... EAT... HUNGRY... ARRGHHH!!!
Kid: Eeveelutions help!
*They run past*
Kid: !!!!0o0!!!!
Flareon: I hope Munchlax will leave some for us. Im starving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Surge: WHATS GOING ON!!!
Magneton: Zip.. Zap.. DIE!!
Surge: But i love electric pokemon. PLz what have i done?
Luxio: You have made us your slaves and expect us to give you energy.
Surge: Plz stay quiet i dont want anyone to hear!
Magneton: Ohhh Really...
Electrike: HEY EVERYONE!!! WE REFUSE TO CONTINUE ZAPPING LT. SURGE SO THAT HIS JOYSTICK AND BASEBALLS GROW BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE: GASP!!!
Growlithe: I WANT TO DO THAT. I LOVE VIDEO GAMES AND BASEBALL!! Pick me Pick me. Plus i was trained to lick one place on your body. That is partially why im up here. *PAUSE**PAUSE* *EVERYONE STARES* *PAUSE**EVEN LONGER PAUSE*
Growlithe: No one wanted me licking their toes.

Last edited:

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
ImGonnaNeedSomeBackup.png

G. Grunt: Hand over the Biometal, Punk!
Lucas: Since when were you Maveriks, and since when was a Poketech a Biometal?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pika22;172;

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lukas: What's going on?
Grunt 1: Do you realize someone has already made a dirty caption about this picture?
Lukas: ... so?
Grunt 2: We're gonna beat the heck out of you so that it doesn't happen again!
Lukas: HOW THE HELL IS THAT GOING TO HELP?!?
Grunt 3: *shrugs*
Grunt 1: It made sense to me...

cybermew

A la lune!
Just figured I'd pop in to say I'm rather sorry I've not been around, and to be honest, I don't really have an excuse. Just that coming back every week to see you idiots was too harsh

Of course guys, I'm only kidding, but with my lack of activity on Serebii, I really don't come on here too often, so when/if/now that I've come back for a bit, I guess I can stay until D911 hangs up his coat, but then it will be it for me too.

Any of you who want to chat though, and preferably who I knew and liked during my reign of terror here are welcome to add me on MSN which I'm gonna add to my signature just now.

But let it be known that always, in the back of someone's mind, the Caption Contest will remain. And eventually, in some form, it will be reborn - heck, I've been here since number 3.

So, ladies and gentlemen, have fun, live life, and get insulted. And feel free to chat.

Have a good one.
Cm.

woot21

super noob
Lucas: Save me Regigigas!
Regigigas' Slow Start prevents him from getting going.
Team Galatic Grunts: LOLE
~~
Lucas: You put your left foot in.
Grunt 1: We just did left foot.
Lucas: Fine. You put your left hand in.
Grunt 2: Did it.
Lucas: *sigh* You put your right middle finger in.
Grunt 1: HEY!!! We did that too.
Lucas: Okay... how about this!? You put your left ear in.
Grunts 1 & 2: How is that possible?
Lucas: I'm glad you asked. Go Scyther! Use Cut!

So D911, did you think you could just ride off into the sunset like that? Did you really think you could come into someone's life become such an important part of it and just walk away? Well, not this time and not to this person. You see when you try and hurt someone there are prices to pay. Just because I haven't been around for a 3 month period doesn't mean I have forgotten what you have done for me. If you think your get away with this your dead wrong. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even this year, but one day you will be repaid for this. And trust me SPPf, nay the world, will not have seen the likes of this repayment in its long storied history. You will not know when it is coming, but rest assured it will one day. LOLE

woot21 out dawgs

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Hey, people! Sorry for being a little late, but that's me, isn't it? Can't say goodbye without first re-living all of the lovable quirks one last time (or several, maybe even), right? Right! Now, let's move on to another traditional, highly lovable quirk of mine: The quotes! Caution: Fun Ahead:
Just figured I'd pop in to say I'm rather sorry I've not been around, and to be honest, I don't really have an excuse.
What, you're alive?! Wow, that's incredibly predictable, but in a "Whoa, I almost didn't see that coming! This so so lukewarm, yet cool!" kind of way I always knew you'd return, as well as that you didn't have an excuse for leaving. Kind of like DieChavsDie, more or less. It is very tempting to just abandon responsibilities, though, so I can understand why you did. The important part is that now you're here to help us all usher out the age of the D911 Caption Contest, and ring in the new one in proper style! Let's get working!
So D911, did you think you could just ride off into the sunset like that?
Yes.
Did you really think you could come into someone's life become such an important part of it and just walk away?
Hey, I've got to get Watts somehow, don't I? My Deoxys won't walk itself! (Well, there was that one time, but that space-time anomaly got fixed last year, so no, that doesn't count.)
You will not know when it is coming, but rest assured it will one day.
Ooh, is that a Clash I smell? It's on like Diddy Kong, son!
I'm so glad you said that... ALOLE (Also LOLE)

Now then with the nostalgic fun out of the way, contest closed! Let's see the results:
1P.png

First Place:
Kamikaze divebomber: K'chaw! *EXPLOSION*
Narrator: Only D911 survived.
D911: 'Cuz I'm special and can travel through time, go to a Martian motel during the explosion. Watch it on HDTV. Eat some comfort food. Yeah.
2P.png

Second Place:
Lukas: What's going on?
Grunt 1: Do you realize someone has already made a dirty caption about this picture?
Lukas: ... so?
Grunt 2: We're gonna beat the heck out of you so that it doesn't happen again!
Lukas: HOW THE HELL IS THAT GOING TO HELP?!?
Grunt 3: *shrugs*
Grunt 1: It made sense to me...
MC.png

Most Creative:
Lucas: Save me Regigigas!
Regigigas' Slow Start prevents him from getting going.
Team Galatic Grunts: LOLE
MR1.png

Most Random:
G. Grunt: Hand over the Biometal, Punk!
Lucas: Since when were you Maveriks, and since when was a Poketech a Biometal?
Congrats, winners of honor! Now, let's see that new picture:
Protestors.png

This contest ends on January 23, 2011. Now, let's get going, shall we?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Second... okay caption stuff... um...

~~~

D911: Today we will be disscussing our fears. For example I hate captioners, they suck all the joy out of my life, that's why I'm gonna run away while there's still some left. Joy that is. I don't think I have enough ammo to take out all the captioners... I mean... uh... Feel free to share your fears people.

Woot: fishermen

King: McDs

Slowpoke: ...I want a kingrock.

D911: To bad, gift day was last week... Today is fear week.

Slowpoke: I'm ready for my kingrock.

D911: Go to (caption) hell...

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Girl in bottom left of pick, whom I shall call 'Mandy': *Looks at anti-mandy Sign*
Mandy: ROGER!!!! How could you do this?!?
Roger: WAIT! I thought it was an Anti D911 Sign!
D911: *Angry face* *Shoots laser beams from eyes*
Roger: jfasdhfkjashdkjfasdkfsadfjasdAAAAHKDHK *Drops to ground*
Mandy: It's OVER, Roger!
----------------------------------------------------
Burger King: McDonalds is ****! BK is the best!
McDonalds Agents: Shoot to kill, boys.
D911: I am anti Everyone! Anti-You! You Suck! Why do you think I'm leaving?
Officer Standing in front of D911: *>___________> Face* You're under arrest.

Would you happen to be leaving on the 18th of Feburary? Because 19th Feb is my Birthday.

woot21

super noob
Magikarp: This fishing rod represents change. I don't like change. Change is why I am now extremely weak. It's also why I am no longer allowed to make new Pokémon.

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
With this I shall now officially announce my project since I have both Cybermew's and D911's individual permissions. I am creating a Flash cartoon or game (Don't know which yet) in the honor of the Caption Contest, but it will be the same in name only. I do however wish to include the lot of the people here that has captioned, so if you wish for your username and sprite (for those without custom sprites please specify which sprite you wish for me to use) to be a part of this please PM me.

------------------------

Police: This isn't the "Your Banned" Game.
D911: Actually I think you mean the "You're Banned" Game.
Police: What's the difference?
D911: An apostrophe and an "e".
Police: NAZI! *shoots D911*
---------------
Brock: This sign originally had a picture of Agatha in a bikini, but this officer made me change it.

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
Protestors.png

D911: I HATE YOU ALL. FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Officer: *Shoots D911*
Everyone: MURDURER!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ethan's mom:ETHAN!! WHY DOES THAT SIGN SAY THAT YOU HATE ME!?!?!?!?!?!?
Ethan: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MASK OF ICE ON IT!!!!!!
MoI(Offscreen): NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Someone: Fox only, Final Destination, No ITE-
*D911 smacks him in the face*
D911: No memes.
-
You will notice that I am not here. This is because I am a sign, and last time I went to a protest march they waved me, and I felt sick. I am avoiding protest marches.

Status
Not open for further replies.