• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Caption Contest - Can it get any more new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Announcing one again, I have a Flash project that I am working on based on the caption contest. If you are interested in being a character in it, please PM me along with your Sprite choice, any minor changes you want, and what kind of personality you want. Now, onward with the caption.
RattleFrontier.png

Magby: *uses flamethrower on the forest*
Firemen: Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! *Picks up Rocks* Rock! Rock! Rock! Rock! *Throws Rocks at Magby*
---------------------
Pichu: I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
Woman: What makes you say that?
Pichu: This ain't the beach.
--------------------
Karate Guy: Hey Wynaut. How do you get an astronaut baby to sleep?
Wynaut: I don't know.
Karate Guy: You rocket. *rimshot*
Wynaut: *groans*

Last edited:

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Cleffa: This is my Christmas tree.

~~~

Female Psychic: I have foreseen my death by falling off this edge. Who am I to challenge fate? *jumps* I REGRET NOTHI-*thud*

woot21

super noob
Mantyke used Surf! It's super effective! The foe Magby fainted!
Mantyke: You've just been Sarged.
Baby: That joke makes no sense. First off you're not a Sargent. Secondly you're the wrong color. Thirdly Magby is a Red, and isn't orange so he can't even be Griff.

Mushroom4

OMGWTFBBQ.
NOTE: This caption is based off of "Sad, Sad Larry" from the YouTube channel of ExplosmEntertainment. Viewer discretion is advised. I think...
Magby: *sigh* I'm finally gonna do something right. *jumps off, then smiles*
Magby: *lands in a 'TOUGH GUY: PILLOW MOVERS' truck* What is this? Am I in H3ll?
Construction Worker: 3, 2, 1! *wall explodes, making Larry (Magby) realize he survived*
Magby: *EMOTIONAL SOB T_T*
TOUGH GUY: PILLOW MOVER: Hey, crybaby! I'm trying to move pillows here!
----------------------------------
*Notched Ear Pichu walks up to baby stroller, steals baby, and walks away CASUALLY.*
Lady: HELP! A PICHU STOLE MEH BABY!!!
----------------------------------
Sign: Pokeplace with a Pond, don't feed the Pokemon!
Lady: That's silly... *throws in bread crumb*
*Kyogre comes out destroying the Pokeplace*
Kyogre: GRAWR!!! THANKS FOR THE BREAD CRUMB!!! GRAWR!!!
*Kyogre goes back under*

woot21

super noob
Spotlight: You know what my favorite song is?
Igglybuff: No, what?
Spotlight: "Blinded by the Light".

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Deoxys: Azurill, STOP!
Azurill: B-bu but I wanna go fo a w-walk M-Mr.
Deoxys: But you'll-
Azurill: I'm not listening! Lalalalala AGHHH!*Falls of edge*

-----------

Black Belt: WYNAUT! You fool! We lost 'cuz of you! Get lost!
Wynaut: Why not?

---------

Spiky Eared Pichu: *walks up to lady* Hey lady, I travelled into the future with Celebi!
Lady: Why do I care?
SE P: Because it's cool! I can tell your future!
Lady: Really?
SE P: Yep! In the future, you will fall of a ledge.
Lady: WHAT! Oh no! *starts running around crazily* *falls off ledge*
SE P: *walks away whistling*

-------------

Igglybuff: Why is nobody listening? IGGLYBUUUUUFFFFF!!!!!!
Spotlight: I'm *yawn* liste- *falls asleep*
Igglybuff: You'll pay........ *draws all over the stadium in black marker*

---------------

Baby: Ooohhh! Spwacey swip!

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
The joke below this one is stupid.

~~~

The joke above this one is annoying.

~~~

Azurill: Yay, water!! *jumps in*
Cleffa: Um, that's not water... That's actually -
Azurill: *thud*
Cleffa: ... reflective concrete...

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Magby: People of the Battle Frontier in Pokéington D.C., I have a dream!
Woman: And what is that dream?
Magby: I have a dream that if I jump from this high wall to the forest, I'll evolve two stages to a Magmortar! Wish me luck!
Pichu: Nooooooo, Magby!
*Magby falls on the grass and faints.*

HookShot

Shiny get!
Rocket: As outlined by my contract, I once again appear beside the Baby. We're like Sherlock and Watson. Bread and butter. Mario and that one other green dude.
Baby: What green dude?
Rocket: You know, that one dude. The one that's always with Mario...
Baby: Luigi?
Rocket: No, who's that? That green guy... YOSHI! That's it! Yoshi! Mario and Yoshi!
Luigi: *off-screen* NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO WEEGEE!
-----------------
Black Belt: Didn't the guide say stick to the path? Isn't this how all those horror movies start?
Wynaut: WYNAUT!
Black Belt: Wynaut! Don't so that!
Wynaut: WYNAUT!
Black Belt: Cause it's freaking me out!
Wynaut: Some black belt you are.
Black Belt: Say that to my face!
Wynaut: WYNAUT! Some black belt you are! I bet you couldn't even punch your way out of a paper bag! I mean, where'd you get your black belt? Over the Internet?
Black Belt: ... Maybe...
-----------------
Woman: This Battle Frontier looks like child's play!

Mushroom4

OMGWTFBBQ.
Six days, so as pikalax's Notched Ead Pichu said: IS IT 2MARROZ YET?

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Mantyke: I FINALLY made it on top of the building!
Igglybuff: GET OFF THA- *Mantyke falls off* ...
Magby: Hold on, Mantyke! I'm going with you! *Falls*
Spiky Eared Pichu: What'd I miss?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Azurill: I hate you! I'm not talking to you till the last captions results are revealed!

woot21

super noob
D911: The previous results will come out when the ones for this contest do... never.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Contest closed! Before we begin, now that I'm finally feeling better, let's see those belated results:
1P.png

First Place:
Lucy: I'm demonstrating against clothes. Brock: Can I join you? *Croagunk used Poison Jab* Viewer: Gee, how original.
2P.png

Second Place:
The following users have been banned: - Sudowoodo - King's Rock - Donkey Kong - You - Serebii BK: Noo, not Serebii!! Giovanni: Trust me, it's better for everyone.
MC.png

Most Creative:
You will notice that I am not here. This is because I am a sign, and last time I went to a protest march they waved me, and I felt sick. I am avoiding protest marches.
MR2.png

Most Random:
D911: Has anyone wondered what me, WPS, VampirateMace, woot21, and all the other Serebiiforums users I put into these pics would look like morphed together? *pondering* ... Ew, that's not at ALL what I was thinking of!!!!!! Eww, whoa, ew... soooooo not doing that again...
Congratulations, all! Now, we interrupt your regularly scheduled results for a message from our judge:

It's replyin' time!
Would you happen to be leaving on the 18th of Feburary?
Yes.
Because 19th Feb is my Birthday.
Oh! Happy birthday, I guess? Hopefully you'll enjoy the new era even more than mine! Fair warning, though: It's doubtful. Everyone knows that I'm the best!
what IS the new era after D911's Caption Contest?
That's a good question... LOLE
I can borrow the trophy images for my CC on PkFm
Of course you can! I'd really appreciate it if you credit me for them at some point in the thread (if not whenever they're used), but it's not really necessary if you really don't want to. Just don't say you created them!
where do you find the backgrounds for your images?
All kinds of places! You'd be surprised where I've gotten my backgrounds before: Scanned pictures, game review sites, Bulbapedia, The Spriters Resource, files I created long ago from bits and pieces of screenshots from different websites... The last one is the most common for me, though. I highly recommend creating very generic backgrounds as soon as you have good enough skills to do so, and then use those as the base of every picture, essentially decorating the background with different sprites and effects (if necessary). You can find the materials needed to recreate game backgrounds such as grass or water pretty easily, or you could always create your own, which is easy enough. Here's hoping your spriting skills blossom soon!
it's just Dattebayo in clown shoes.
Don't even joke like that!
IS IT 2MARROZ YET?
Now wait a minute! I did say "likely" for a reason, you know...
D911: The previous results will come out when the ones for this contest do...
Now! So true!

We now return to your Caption Contest results for this week:
1P.png

First Place:
Woman: This Battle Frontier looks like child's play!
2P.png

Second Place:
Sign: Pokeplace with a Pond, don't feed the Pokemon! Lady: That's silly... *throws in bread crumb* *Kyogre comes out destroying the Pokeplace* Kyogre: GRAWR!!! THANKS FOR THE BREAD CRUMB!!! GRAWR!!! *Kyogre goes back under*
MC.png

Most Creative:
D911: According to my GPS, we are currently, simultaneously, in Johto and Sinnoh. This is possible, physically, as long as no one notices. As I have just noticed, this phenomenon has ceased to occur. Computers have been built utilising this physical possibility of being in two places at once, but as the only work when no-one is paying attention, they're a bit lame. *Disclaimer: The above physics does indeed work. I know because I saw it on TV.* *Disclaimer: No, really, it does.*
MR3.png

Most Random:
Magby: People of the Battle Frontier in Pokéington D.C., I have a dream! Woman: And what is that dream? Magby: I have a dream that if I jump from this high wall to the forest, I'll evolve two stages to a Magmortar! Wish me luck! Pichu: Nooooooo, Magby! *Magby falls on the grass and faints.*
Congratulations, Frontier Masters! Now, let's see the next (on time) picture:
SomethingInTheAir.png

This contest ends on February 6, 2011. Now let's get captioning before the semi-final week of The Caption Contest is upon us!

Last edited:

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Aw3bii: HERE I AM. BASK IN MY GLORY
Looker: WTF are they doin here
Shedinja: MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!! i got some hoppip to eat.
Aw3bii: WHAT THE HE--
* Z Unknown bumps Aw3bii*
EVERYONE TURNS AND LOOKS AND Z Unknown
LOOKER: OH MY ZEUS!!!!
D911: WHAT IM THE ONLY ALMIGHTY POWER HERE!!!

woot21

super noob
Ho-oh: I'm coming for ya!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I think you messed up a bit on the most creative for the first judging, the quote from below is leaking into it.
-
Ho-oh: Where's ash? I need to fly around him and make rare appearances to give him delusions of grandeur!
-
D911: Backsprites, Man's greatest creation!
-
There is a hastily, shakily scrawn note here. Upon reading it, you discover it says:
Don't look at the next picture! The shedinja's back will ste....
There it trails off. There's a lot of dead bodies around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.