• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The case of George Zimmerman and deadly "stand your ground."

John Madden

resident policy guy
Honestly I think in this situation you have a predominantly white community plagued by teen Black youths.

hrm, yes, tell me more about how ~*Unruly Black Youth*~ are a plague on White Communities

I hate to call it profiling but lets be realistic, Trevyon Martin fit the EXACT profile of the type of teenagers that had been breaking into houses recently.

So you're saying you "hate" to call it what it was, given that the only truly suspicious thing Martin was doing immediately prior to his death was existing while black.

...Can't say I'm surprised.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
hahaha wow you racist

"plagued by teen Black youths" are you serious? let's just give these DANGEROUS NEGROES their own neighborhoods so they don't bother your defenseless white self
Not racist, look a few pages back, You will see that a numerically smaller group(African American) is committing as much crime as a group 5 times their number. So statistically, young black males are more likely to commit a crime than a young white male. It isn't racist, it's mathematics. We did that once they got called Ghettos. We know haw well that has worked so far right?

ebay Huckster said:
So you're saying you "hate" to call it what it was, given that the only truly suspicious thing Martin was doing immediately prior to his death was existing while black.
Your right he shouldn't hate quoting law enforcement statistics collected by the FBI.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
You will see that a numerically smaller group(African American) is committing as much crime as a group 5 times their number. So statistically, young black males are more likely to commit a crime than a young white male. It isn't racist,

hrm, yes, let me just completely gloss over the influence of profiling on the reported crime rate

BigLutz

Banned
hrm, yes, tell me more about how ~*Unruly Black Youth*~ are a plague on White Communities

Cifala said:
hahaha wow you racist

"plagued by teen Black youths" are you serious? let's just give these DANGEROUS NEGROES their own neighbourhoods so they don't bother your defenseless white self

You two realize that is a cut down of what I said earlier. "but also has been in a neighborhood plagued by bulgaries and break ins of black youths."

But please feel free to pick and choose.

So I would consider those that break in and burglarize houses unruly, what would you call them?

...Can't say I'm surprised.

While wearing a hood, alone at night, looking around at houses, in a neighborhood he did not live in. Truth is what he wore also leads to suspicion.

John Madden

resident policy guy
You two realize that is a cut down of what I said earlier. "but also has been in a neighborhood plagued by bulgaries and break ins of black youths."

then maybe you shouldn't "cut down your posts" if you don't want them to be misconstrued

While wearing a hood, alone at night, looking around at houses, in a neighborhood he did not live in

none of which is actually suspicious behaviour, or else I'd constantly get questioned while walking through my home cities (one of which is right next to the highest-crime area in Northeast Ohio)

BigLutz

Banned
then maybe you shouldn't "cut down your posts" if you don't want them to be misconstrued

Maybe I expect people to read a post that I was referring too, especially since it contains important information about the events leading up to it.

none of which is actually suspicious behaviour, or else I'd constantly get questioned while walking through my home cities (one of which is right next to the highest-crime area in Northeast Ohio)

Major difference between walking home in a city and walking through a gated community with a high crime rate. Especially when the criminals are only a certain age and ethnicity in a neighborhood dominated by a different ethnicity.

i propose gentrification of all metropolitan boroughs in the immediate future

John Madden

resident policy guy
Maybe I expect people to read a post that I was referring too

If you're going to reference an earlier post then you are going to want to include major details of that post, even if it's just "plagued by a high rate of crime from [x]" instead of "plagued by [x]"

Major difference between walking home in a city and walking through a gated community with a high crime rate.

Funny story: the latter thing is the case with me in Columbus. Guess how many times police or ~*neighborhood watch*~ have stopped me for questioning when I've committed the suspicious act of Walking Slowly at Night?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
hrm, yes, let me just completely gloss over the influence of profiling on the reported crime rate
either we quote facts and accept them or we just argue back and forth. I took Criminal justice courses back when I was 20. It's not profiling if it is the suspect(s) "description". I was going to be a cop. Turned out that it didn't matter the color of the teachers skin, they all said the same thing, In that line of work profiling does help narrow the suspects. It's a racial profile that I fit the common Serial Killer profile (40+ year old white male). If I was to be question it isn't a crime it's good police work. It of course would be... inconvenient, but if being question helps narrow the field then question away.

none of which is actually suspicious behavior, or else I'd constantly get questioned while walking through my home cities (one of which is right next to the highest-crime area in Northeast Ohio)
On the contrary. If there is break ins being committed by suspects fitting the description being profiled. If black males in hoodies are doing B&Es you pay attention to that group first.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
It of course would be... inconvenient, but if being question helps narrow the field then question away.

It's almost like something in this portion of your post seems to have Not Actually Happened in the Zimmerman/Martin case

BigLutz

Banned
If you're going to reference an earlier post then you are going to want to include major details of that post, even if it's just "plagued by a high rate of crime from [x]" instead of "plagued by [x]"

Again if it were on a different page you would be right, but when it is a few posts up, I some how expect people to be able to read what we are referencing...

Funny story: the latter thing is the case with me in Columbus.

So you live in a gated community in Columbus with a high crime rate and dominated by a different ethnicity than yourself? And the crime rate is committed by those who are the same ethnicity and age as yourself? Some how I doubt that. But if you are willing to provide proof to back up your statement then feel free.

either we quote facts and accept them or we just argue back and forth. I took Criminal justice courses back when I was 20. I was going to be a cop. Turned out that it didn't matter the color of the teachers skin, they all said the same thing, In that line of work profiling does help narrow the suspects. It's a racial profile that I fit the common Serial Killer profile (40+ year old white male). If I was to be question it isn't a crime it's good police work. It of course would be... inconvenient, but if being question helps narrow the field then question away.

you missed the part at the end where you say "so therefore racism is okay because it's good police work"

or at least that's what i got from this post

brb fitting the profile of a cool mid-20's dude

BigLutz

Banned
you missed the part at the end where you say "so therefore racism is okay because it's good police work"

When you have a very narrow field of suspects. I mean it would be quite stupid if the residences overwhelmingly said that Teen Black Males broke into their houses, and Zimmerman kept a eye out for Elderly White Women walking around as if they did not belong in the neighborhood.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Again if it were on a different page you would be right, but when it is a few posts up,

(this is where I should probably point out I have you on my ignore list so I can't easily reference your posts)

So you live in a gated community in Columbus with a high crime rate and dominated by a different ethnicity than yourself?

I live next to a predominantly-white gated community in Columbus through which I have to walk to get to/from classes, which has a somewhat high crime rate (mainly committed by college-age minorities, given that I'm close to OSU), and I myself am biracial.

So... yeah.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I live next to a predominantly-white gated community in Columbus through which I have to walk to get to/from classes, which has a somewhat high crime rate (mainly committed by college-age minorities, given that I'm close to OSU), and I myself am biracial.

So... yeah.
So either you don't fit the suspect description or your police aren't doing their jobs correctly.

BigLutz

Banned
(this is where I should probably point out I have you on my ignore list so I can't easily reference your posts)

In which case I would suggest not quoting my posts and inferring things.

So... yeah.

And you walk through this nearly every day correct? They know you, unlike say Treyvon Martin who was there visiting his father and was not known of the neighborhood.

John Madden

resident policy guy
So either you don't fit the suspect description

I'm a college-age minority, how do I not fit the suspect description?

or your police aren't doing their jobs correctly.

Our police are doing their jobs correctly when they aren't being impeded by neighborhood watch people trying to play Rambo, that's probably the difference

And you walk through this nearly every day correct? They know you,

Well, I only moved to my current neighborhood in October (and I'm moving elsewhere again in June) and I only walk through this gated community about half the time... not really a situation where I'd expect them to know and/or recognize me on sight.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Our police are doing their jobs correctly when they aren't being impeded by neighborhood watch people trying to play Rambo, that's probably the difference

And how did Zimmerman impede the police?

Well, I only moved to my current neighborhood in October (and I'm moving elsewhere again in June) and I only walk through this gated community about half the time... not really a situation where I'd expect them to know and/or recognize me on sight.

Except even half the time you are there far more than Martin is, and even then it begs the question if you even fit the race of those who are burglarizing the community.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
And how did Zimmerman impede the police?

They arrived on the scene approximately one minute after Martin's phone went dead... god knows they would've at least questioned Martin if not taken him into custody if there hadn't been a confrontation (which looks increasingly likely to have been started by Zimmerman, assuming the eyewitness changes reported today weren't out of convenience).

Except even half the time you are there far more than Martin is, and even then it begs the question if you even fit the race of those who are burglarizing the community.

Let's... just say my skin colour's very similar to theirs.

BigLutz

Banned
They arrived on the scene approximately one minute after Martin's phone went dead... god knows they would've at least questioned Martin if not taken him into custody if there hadn't been a confrontation.

And you have no idea what happened during that time, no idea if Martin confronted Zimmerman or the other way around. All we know is that Martin beat Zimmerman badly, and was subsequently shot.

Let's... just say my skin colour's very similar to theirs.

Similar but not exact, either way with out any real documentation of it, we are getting off topic and there is no point.

Last edited: