1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The case of George Zimmerman and deadly "stand your ground."

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by DiamondClass, Mar 21, 2012.

1. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Where did I say in that, that black people are inclined to criminal behavior, I was speaking of some one that would seem out of place inside of a predominantly white community, in which attacks have happened by that minority, that could go for any color or minority. And again nothing in that indicates black people and drugs. So far you seem to be the only racist in here.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. Spock

Spock Live Long & Prosper

edited; see below post for my original comment

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  3. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

No you are racist for defaulting to the worst belief about a race when it comes to a argument. I suggest that the certain drug could explain his behavior, you jump to the belief that all blacks are on drugs. I suggest that because his race, he is a outsider in a neighborhood. You jump to the belief that black people are more inclined to engage in criminal behavior.

I guess the question I should ask. Why do you not just jump to the worst scenario, but decide to blanket statement all black people in as well? Because by doing that you are engaging in racism.

4. Spock

Nice red herring. You specifically said it was a white neighbourhood "plagued" by blacks. Address that comment. Quit always nitpicking and bushbeating around what you've said and accusing other people of things when you're wrong.

Seriously you are the worst debater.

5. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

I was saying that it was plagued by crime committed by black youths, something that the article clearly infers by explaining the rising crime rate in the community because of those black youths attacking people. I did not say anything about all black people, or that a certain race is inclined to a certain behavior, that is all you.

Except I am not wrong, you are the one jumping to race, you are the one laying down blanket statements, and you are the one that cannot back up your point.

Yeah.. that is why I have been able to pull apart your statement and left you on the defensive through out all of this.

And yet you have still done nothing to address your first statement, where did I infer or say that he was on drugs because he was black?

6. Spock

I just directly quoted you as saying "plagued by black youths". You didn't say "plagued by crime committed by black youths", you said "plagued by black youths". If you don't want people jumping to the assumption that you're a racist, don't assume people will fill in the blanks on what you actually (wink wink nudge nudge) meant after the fact?

But thank you, it's always fun to get you're jimmies rustled with absolutely no effort put forth.

7. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Except that quote has been three pages back, and again was linked to a article explaining why, forgive me in thinking you would actually read it. Nor did you mention the article in your first post implying you had to go searching for it. And again even with the article it does not address your need for blanket statements or automatically infering the worst of black people.

Oh you really didn't you just embarrassed yourself as I picked apart your statements.

8. ninjanerd

ninjanerd Well-Known Member

I am going to use one of my favorite quotes:

"'...you gentlemen would go along with them on the assumption- the evil assumption- that all Negroes lie, that all Negroes are basically immoral beings... an assumption one associates with minds of their caliber.'
    'Which, gentlemen, we know is in itself a lie as black as Tom Robinson's skin, a lie which I do not have to point out to you. You know the truth, and the truth is this: some Negroes lie, some Negroes are immoral... But this is a truth that applies to the human race and not to a particular race of men.'"
    -Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

The evidence surrounding the case cannot sway in either direction as of the present. All we know is that on that fateful night in February, one black teen crossed paths with a man, and the encounter ended with Martin dead. Who knows what truly happened? One man. And it is on his conscience, his own soul, to tell truthfully the events of February 26th. Live and let live; persecute him if what he has done was outside the bounds of the law. Only he can say if he shot in self-defense, and only he can tell us who is guilty, who attacked, and he must do it without committing the sacred law of perjury.

9. Spock

Except there was no article in your quote?

oh god please no I hope I didn't look poor on Serebiiforums home of internet debating master BigLutz

10. ninjanerd

Yes, I wrote that last bit.

11. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Scroll up two posts

Yet I thought I was the worst debater, now I am a master.

And again for the third time I must ask, why the need for blanket statements or automatically infering the worst of black people.

12. Spock

Do you actually think you're being clever and just owned me with this?

do you?

13. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Owning, embarrassment, doing something to relieve my boredom, really pick your choice. Honestly you are not even providing a challenge.

14. ninjanerd

Oi! Break it up, you two! A debate is a logical presenting of arguments; what you two are doing is known as 'childish argument'...

15. miles0624

miles0624 Wrath of Fire

Ok, I have been gone for two months, and this is what it has come too? Really. Come on guys, you are better than this.

Anyways.......

Martin lied about funds.

16. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Some new information, George Zimmerman passed a Computer Lie Detector Test the day after he killed Trevyon Martin.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/george-zimmerman-lie-detector-421395

I would say considering this was analyzed not only by experts but a computer, this significantly bolsters Zimmerman's case.

17. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

However Lie detectors are not admissible as "evidence". It does help his appearance, but it isn't conclusive.

18. Ipwnyou

Ipwnyou Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand how meaningless lie detectors are...

They're not even considered evidence, or even things that suggest evidence.

They mean about as much as psychic consultations do, and the fact that you would even think that they "significantly bolster" a case says a lot about your skill as a debater.

Anyway, I really feel sorry for this guy. Even though I still think he's guilty, it's a shame to see someone so filled with fear that they have to beg for help and protection.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  19. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Awww some one angry from losing to me all these times? Thing is that while they may not be used in trial, it is out there for public consumption already. Meaning potential jury members have already heard about it. In the end it is just as if they have used it in trial as the results have been spread through the media.

20. Ipwnyou

Ipwnyou Well-Known Member

You have consistently failed to present any kind of real argument. Even when you do, you fail to read your own articles, as well as the points that you're even trying to disprove.

The only thing you're good at is spamming the thread so incessantly, and posting so much mindless non-argument garbage (ie: the lie detector nonsense you just posted) that people get tired of it and leave.

How wonderful, a biased jury made up of idiots stupid enough to rely on a lie detector, and you celebrating that fact.

Oh wait, "that's not what you were saying" I'm sure you'll say. The alternative here is that you legitimately believed that the lie detector proved his innocence, and once again, that shows a lot about your ability to understand this case, or any debate you've ever been involved in. This is the sort of ******** evidence that you cite.

Just give up, participating in a debate is clearly way above your level.

Oh well, at least you stopped trying to pretend the law enforcement here isn't a complete joke.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012