• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The case of George Zimmerman and deadly "stand your ground."

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I'm a college-age minority, how do I not fit the suspect description?
they may not be looking for your minority?

Our police are doing their jobs correctly when they aren't being impeded by neighborhood watch people trying to play Rambo, that's probably the difference
It was the Rambo who screwed the pooch not the police.

Well, I only moved to my current neighborhood in October (and I'm moving elsewhere again in June) and I only walk through this gated community about half the time... not really a situation where I'd expect them to know and/or recognize me on sight.
It doesn't mean you are not being watched, just that you are not being questioned or harassed.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
And you have no idea what happened during that time, no idea if Martin confronted Zimmerman or the other way around

(which looks increasingly likely to have been started by Zimmerman, assuming the eyewitness changes reported today weren't out of convenience)

It was the Rambo who screwed the pooch not the police.

That... was sort of the point of that sentence, that Sanford's police could've done their jobs if Zimmerman hadn't interfered.

It doesn't mean you are not being watched, just that you are not being questioned or harassed.

Then people in that community have something that Zimmerman didn't have: restraint.

BigLutz

Banned
That... was sort of the point of that sentence, that Sanford's police could've done their jobs if Zimmerman hadn't interfered.

And again you are assuming that Zimmerman was the one that started the confrontation.

BigLutz

Banned
I'm assuming that because the eyewitness testimony now appears to corroborate that.

Looked through the four testimony that has been changed and none of them suggest what you are saying. Furthermore do I need to explain to you why it is important to get testimony right after it happens. And how media coverage and such can cause memories to change and be altered the further away from the event?

http://www.policeone.com/legal/articles/5633259-Witnesses-in-Zimmerman-case-change-stories/

But lets go through them shall we?

A: Witness says she took her contact lenses out and doesn't know what she saw.

B: Witness changed her testimony after seeing pictures of Zimmerman and Martin and compared their sizes on TV several weeks later, mind you this was still the time the news networks were using the younger photo of Martin thus you have a smaller size.

C: Witness says that Martin was ontop of Zimmerman but he may not have been beating him. Probably changed after the ABC footage originally showed no injuries of Zimmerman. However we now know that Martin was beating Zimmerman.

D: Witness says that Zimmerman acted calmly after he shot Martin, which has nothing to do with the actual event.

Last edited:
Wow I am honored to see that a member of 30 Rock posts here. Too bad it's Lutz though.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Looked through the four testimony that has been changed and none of them suggest what you are saying

So witness 2 saying only one person was running and witness 6 saying Trayvon seems to have been trying to pin Zimmerman rather than beat him, alongside the testimony from Martin's girlfriend regarding their last phone call, doesn't indicate that Zimmerman likely started the confrontation that resulted in Martin's death? (Because the alternative is to take Zimmerman's father at his word... when he wasn't even near the scene.)

Furthermore do I need to explain to you why it is important to get testimony right after it happens. And how media coverage and such can cause memories to change and be altered the further away from the event?

Substantial media coverage had just started four days prior to the FDLE interviews in question such that I doubt their memories would've been "changed" by much (beyond usual amounts of decay), if at all; it wasn't like the FDLE just randomly decided to interview these eyewitnesses in mid-April after a national media firestorm had been raging for a month.

BigLutz

Banned
So witness 2 saying only one person was running

Of which after she took out her contact lenses, and was looking out in a dark and rainy night, and could not identify who was running. Is that honestly going to be your witness?

and witness 6 saying Trayvon seems to have been trying to pin Zimmerman rather than beat him,

And with the damage to Tayvon's fist and the damage to Zimmerman's head and face discounts that.

alongside the testimony from Martin's girlfriend regarding their last phone call, doesn't indicate that Zimmerman likely started the confrontation that resulted in Martin's death? (Because the alternative is to take Zimmerman's father at his word... when he wasn't even near the scene.)

Neither was his girlfriend, furthermore you are basing this on testimony of a vision impaired woman, and a man who's testimony is contradicted by the evidence we now have. Got any thing else? Because at this point you are not making your argument.

Substantial media coverage had just started four days prior to the FDLE interviews in question such that I doubt their memories would've been "changed" by much (beyond usual amounts of decay), if at all; it wasn't like the FDLE just randomly decided to interview these eyewitnesses in mid-April after a national media firestorm had been raging for a month.

Fair enough but the fact remains is that the witnesses do not back up your point of view.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
It seems that Trevyon Martin, MAY, and I stress MAY have actually been on a drug called "Lean" when he was walking back to his apartment.

The drug known as "Lean" is a combination of Cough Syrup, a Sugary drink, and Candy mixed together.

The main ingredient is the drug found in Cough Syrup called "dextromethorphan", when taken in large amounts it can act like PCP and provide symptoms of increased aggression and hallucinations.

So Martin had two of the three ingrediants on him that make up "Lean" the Watermelon Fruit Juice ( Incorrectly said as Ice Tea ), and Skittles. There is word that he was also looking for DXM which is short for the drug in Cough Syrup, however I am not sure if those screen caps have been altered. If not it would go along way to explain why Martin ended up beating Zimmerman.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
It's true that Watermelon Flavored Arizona isn't really tea, but the label still implies it, so it's an understandable mistake. That's one of my favorite drinks. Can you provide a source for this, BigLutz? My cousin and I used to go down to the corner and get Arizona tea and (in his case) candy all the time, so it seems unusual to think it was a trip to get ingredients to make a drug.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Why is that Sunny? It's a Teen aged boy? At Trey's age my brother had a book on how to make recreational drugs from common plants and such. A 17 year old cannot get a script filled for a Narcotic, and here in Mich if it's got dextromethorphan it's behind the counter... just sayin'

JoshYEAH said:
you missed the part at the end where you say "so therefore racism is okay because it's good police work"
No, not racism, it's Criminal Profiling. Get your inferences right Josh. The Police use Information from witnesses and victims to create a profile of a likely suspects. It is not something they do without investigation.

they still did their job... They filed a homicide report.

7 tyranitars

It seems that Trevyon Martin, MAY, and I stress MAY have actually been on a drug called "Lean" when he was walking back to his apartment.

The drug known as "Lean" is a combination of Cough Syrup, a Sugary drink, and Candy mixed together.

The main ingredient is the drug found in Cough Syrup called "dextromethorphan", when taken in large amounts it can act like PCP and provide symptoms of increased aggression and hallucinations.

So Martin had two of the three ingrediants on him that make up "Lean" the Watermelon Fruit Juice ( Incorrectly said as Ice Tea ), and Skittles. There is word that he was also looking for DXM which is short for the drug in Cough Syrup, however I am not sure if those screen caps have been altered. If not it would go along way to explain why Martin ended up beating Zimmerman.

Or he might have had a sweettooth.

7 tyranitars

That may be true, but honestly would it not explain his behavior?

Perhaps, but I find it a bit far-fetched. Even if he was walking on the street with coughsyrup, skittles and watermelon fruit juice there would have been a decent chance it was coincidental. Now what I am wondering is if the foresics found any evidence of such drugs in his blood.

BigLutz

Banned
And unlike her husband she actually will probably be found guilty.

BigLutz

Banned
Lmao you just are trying so hard to prove all black people are drug addicts aren't you

Woah I never said anything about skin color, infact it seems to only be you that is trying to make the connection between black people and drugs. I am talking about his behavior and the make up of the drug and effects of it. Why are you suddenly assuming that it has something to do with skin color?

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
because you literally said earlier in the thread black people are more inclined to be involved in criminal behaviour:

Honestly I think in this situation you have a predominantly white community plagued by teen Black youths. You have a watch captain who spotted a teenager, dressed in a hoodie, at night, black, and wasn't from the neighborhood. And since they seemingly keep getting away after breaking in as the story mentions. He decided that this time he was going to trail him until the police arrived.

I hate to call it profiling but lets be realistic, Trevyon Martin fit the EXACT profile of the type of teenagers that had been breaking into houses recently.
"i hate to be racist but black people sure are rotten"

Last edited: