• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I have more than 50 wins in every play style on the maison (minus multi, AI is too dumb). My biggest win streak was 70 in Super Singles. And happy new year everybody :).

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Happy New Year! Best wishes to all of you for a prosperous 2014. : )

As I mentioned in my previous post, I tried out Super Singles with my new team a few days ago, and I actually made it to battle 45. I was so surprised that my team of non-bred, non-EV trained Pokemon (aside from my Gardevoir, that is) was able to accomplish such a feat (I had some incredibly close victories, but that made the run all the more exciting). And yeah, once you hit the 40's, it's nothing but legendaries, starters, pseudo-legends, and other high-powered Pokemon. I think my 41st battle was against Moltres, Latias, and Terrakion. Sadly, on the 45th battle I fell to a Choice Scarf Aerodactyl - my poor Pokemon just couldn't take its attacks. Oh well.

Right now I'm on a Super Triples streak of about 22 or so, and it's a lot of fun. My team isn't exactly built for Triples, but they're doing surprisingly well nonetheless. Really happy that the team I whipped up in a day and a half is doing a lot better than I ever thought and I'm not a horrible Trainer. XD

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
All right, the holidays are over, so as promised, I'm going to try to set up our first ever casual play tournament! Here's how we're going to do it:

1) 6th generation only. Sorry about that to the members here that are shut out on this, but there seemed to be little interest in doing much on gen 5.

2) First eight members to sign up get in. I'd like to keep this as easy to manage as possible, and I think a basic eight-man bracket will be for the best. There will be a consolation bracket for defeated teams to keep everyone involved as long as possible.

3) Each match-up will be decided in a best-of-three format. The winner is whichever member wins at least two out of three games. One Single Battle, one Double Battle, one Triple Battle. Each member must use the same team for each battle.

Any other suggestions on rules? Anything that should be banned? Or encouraged?

So who is in?

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I'm in! Do you know the Smogon's OU rules Sid? I think they'd be good to use here and they're very simple. Also, I think that there should be a rule about IV bred/EV trained pokes, like, only one or two per team to keep things fair to people that don't do it.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm in! Do you know the Smogon's OU rules Sid? I think they'd be good to use here and they're very simple. Also, I think that there should be a rule about IV bred/EV trained pokes, like, only one or two per team to keep things fair to people that don't do it.

Eh, I'm vaguely aware of the things they allow and don't allow. I certainly don't like the idea of TIERS in casual play, if that's what you mean. If you're talking about the stuff they have weird, arbitrary rules about, I'm not really a big fan of those, because I think Smogon tends to focus on things that aren't really a problem while leaving the stuff that is alone. I guess we could discuss that, though.

As for the IV/EV thing... I think the point of this club is not having to worry about that. I'd prefer we all use non-bred, non-[intentionally]-EV trained Pokeys. Some people are going to have no interest in either of those matters, and I don't want people to feel like they're at an instant disadvantage.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I'm in. I know Smogon has got a ban on some Megas a la Gengar and Mama Khan, but as to the rest, I'm a bit unclear.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Sid, when I say smogon's rules I talk about their OU ban list, which I totally agree (for the most part). No "cover" legendaries (minus Zygarde), no mega Blaziken/Khangaskan/Gengar (I disagee on Gengar though) and no evasion moves like double team. Some of those are really broken, like Mega Khan and I don't really miss any of them (I kinda of miss Mega Gengar though :( ). I don't think these rules are necesary though, but I don't want to have to deal with a Mega Khan.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I kind of agree. Mega Mama Khans are ridiculous.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Would love to participate! I'll have to get myself another Gardevoir though (mine is EV trained), but that can be done without much difficulty.

Also curious as to whether breeding/synchronizing for a certain nature would be ok or not.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well I kind of figured we'd be avoiding legends and ubers just because, you know, not tons of fun in using those just to mess around.

I don't think breeding for natures is so bad, nor is using beneficially-natured Pokemon. So that's fine with me, unless the group is against it.

So let's see. We've got:

1) Sid87
2) Mr. Y
3) Swampertlover
4) Crimson Penguin
5) dirkac
6)
7)
8)

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
What are the parameters of restrictions and limitations?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Pokemon we are allowed to use, duplicate items...things like that. Sorry, I guess I'm still thinking in competitive terms. Tough habit to kick.

Illusione-Tempus

I don't think I'll be in. This school semester will be one of the toughest as it will be the one to decide which college I'm going to. Right now I'm trying to limit my game time, which is working quite decently but I ended up distracting myself by drawing and writing too much, haha.

Plus, our timezones are so far apart. I have to wake up early in the morning just to catch you guys online. And school's starting next Monday xDD

Wait 'til June/July when I have no longer have a strict come-in-at-6-school schedule xD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'd like to be in.

Although, I'd be wondering if all EV-Trained Pokémon would be banned, as I've EV-Trained (sorta, they're not fully Trained, half of their EVs are a jumbled mess) two Pokémon (my Delphox and Talonflame), and I want to make sure if I can use them or not.

Oh, yeah, 6th Gen only, does that mean only 6th Gen Pokémon or all Kalos Marker Pokémon?

EDIT: Oh, but, yeah, I think Legendaries should not be used, along with Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar. Also no Pokémon that aren't in Kalos Dex (except Torchic Line).

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Well, the Kalos dex is fairly extensive, so it's not like we're out of options. If certain Megas are banned, does that mean the Pokemon in its regular form is as well? Meaning, no mega Gengar, but normal Gengar is permitted? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
The only mega pokémon banned that has its normal form also banned is SB Blaziken, so you can use normal Gengar and Khan.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Illusione-Tempus

I believe the reason why MegaGengar is banned is because of its ability: Shadow Tag. SB Blaziken has been banned since gen V as well. And how many times did I lose to MegaKhan because it attacks twice?

So I'm pretty sure those shouldn't be used. That doesn't mean the Pokemon itself shouldn't be used. If you got a normal ability Blaziken, or a Gengar or a Kangaskhan not holding their mega stones then I guess it'll be ok. :>

I also agree with dirkac, regarding semi-EV-trained Pokemon. Admit it, who didn't try out the Super Training feature when you first play XY? Even with my Pokemon, I only trained a single stat and the rest are a jumbled mess. xD

You guys go have fun, I'll just be here continuing X and MMing Feebas at Y. :3

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
All right, the holidays are over, so as promised, I'm going to try to set up our first ever casual play tournament! Here's how we're going to do it:

1) 6th generation only. Sorry about that to the members here that are shut out on this, but there seemed to be little interest in doing much on gen 5.

2) First eight members to sign up get in. I'd like to keep this as easy to manage as possible, and I think a basic eight-man bracket will be for the best. There will be a consolation bracket for defeated teams to keep everyone involved as long as possible.

3) Each match-up will be decided in a best-of-three format. The winner is whichever member wins at least two out of three games. One Single Battle, one Double Battle, one Triple Battle. Each member must use the same team for each battle.

Any other suggestions on rules? Anything that should be banned? Or encouraged?

So who is in?
Hello there. While I am not a member of your club, (though I would love to be, I love what this club is and stands for) I would like to join your tournament.

Oh, but, yeah, I think Legendaries should not be used, along with Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar. Also no Pokémon that aren't in Kalos Dex (except Torchic Line).
I can't help but overhear the conversation and I mostly agree with Surskit boy on this. However, would it maybe be possible to get a non kalos pokemon approved? ;_; I just want to use my Kricketune.. Oh yeah, I agree there should be no legendaries, including Zygarde. ^^ (Ik, he's not banned, but still ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.